Best Blu-ray Movie Deals

Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Japan
Inner Sanctum Mysteries (Blu-ray)
$41.99
22 hrs ago
The Great Escape (Blu-ray)
$29.49
10 hrs ago
The Dallas Connection (Blu-ray)
$11.99
22 hrs ago
A Beautiful Day in the Neighborhood 4K (Blu-ray)
$24.32
1 hr ago
Enemy Gold (Blu-ray)
$11.99
22 hrs ago
The Man from the Alamo / They Came to Cordura (Blu-ray)
$11.99
22 hrs ago
Solid Metal Nightmares: The Films of Shinya Tsukamoto (Blu-ray)
$72.99

Six Moral Tales (Blu-ray)
$72.99
19 hrs ago
Color Out of Space 4K (Blu-ray)
$17.99

Little Women (Blu-ray)
$19.95

Hollywood Story / New Orleans Uncensored (Blu-ray)
$11.99
22 hrs ago
Dance, Girl, Dance (Blu-ray)
$29.49
10 hrs ago
What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Hot Deals > Movie and TV Deals > Retail/Shopping

Old 03-02-2016, 03:47 PM   #1
Blu-ray Samurai

Jun 2012
Ohio
Default Diabolikdvd

Sorry if there is already a thread about diabolikdvd I used the forum search tool and didn't see one dedicated to them.

So I've recently started using them and I'm just wondering if anyone has any experiance with them?
Old 03-02-2016, 03:56 PM   #2
Power Member

May 2015
-
-

Years ago back around 2006-08. They were usually quick and shipments were usually secured in cardboard boxes. I've fallen out of using them mostly because I just use Prime, but also because their website is difficult to navigate, so discovering new movies is not easy. It's seriously the same website they used a decade ago.

I always had good experiences, but I know there are people who use it now frequently, so I'm sure they'd be more insightful.
Old 03-02-2016, 04:01 PM   #3
Blu-ray Samurai

Jun 2012
Ohio

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abby is Q View Post
Years ago back around 2006-08. They were usually quick and shipments were usually secured in cardboard boxes. I've fallen out of using them mostly because I just use Prime, but also because their website is difficult to navigate, so discovering new movies is not easy. It's seriously the same website they used a decade ago.

I always had good experiences, but I know there are people who use it now frequently, so I'm sure they'd be more insightful.
Yeah they probably could use a updated website. I've found myself going through every page of blurays just to see everything they have. I'm kind of the opposite of you. I had prime and fallen out of using them because of pricing, packaging and all of the usual stuff and I'm going across the web looking for other options.

Diabolik can be a little pricey but I love that they ship stuff out when they get it (which is usally early).
Old 03-02-2016, 04:06 PM   #4
Hot Deals Moderator

Aug 2007
Michigan

I've used them several times. Overall, they're great.

The only negatives is that their pricing is on the higher side and sometimes it takes a little longer to ship after ordering (they're a small operation, so it's understandable).
Old 03-02-2016, 05:10 PM   #5
Power Member

May 2015
-
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by returnofthemack View Post
Yeah they probably could use a updated website. I've found myself going through every page of blurays just to see everything they have. I'm kind of the opposite of you. I had prime and fallen out of using them because of pricing, packaging and all of the usual stuff and I'm going across the web looking for other options.

Diabolik can be a little pricey but I love that they ship stuff out when they get it (which is usally early).
I can understand. My love for Amazon has definitely dipped the past year. The thing is most stuff that was rare to find years ago (that I had to use DiabolikDVD for) are now pretty commonly found on Amazon as well.

But I've debated switching back to Diabolik because I want to support them. I just really dislike the website. I just want to browse titles, but if I click on something like "Cult Favorites" I get 1,287 results or "Horror/Thriller" gives 2,371 total results. I get impatient scrolling through each page to try and find something new and interesting. I don't remember their catalog being so enormous back in the day (and maybe I just had more patience scrolling through the website because there weren't many other options). If they had filter options so I could limit results, I'd probably be spending a lot of money on them right now.
Old 03-03-2016, 12:28 AM   #6
Blu-ray Guru

Oct 2006

Great etailer for the more "specialized" titles . I've ordered plenty from them with no issues. Quick email responses and personal service.
Old 03-10-2016, 02:31 AM   #7
Blu-ray Samurai

Jun 2012
Ohio

The whole reason I first started this thread is because I had a problem with a order and I was curious about any experiances others have had. Mine has been pretty bad and at this point it's safe to say that I will never order from them again and they won't allow me to order from them again.

Basically they sent me the wrong item. Contacted them and thought it wouldn't be a big deal, so they send me a return shipping label. Not enough to cover return shipping and since it was a expensive digibook I didn't want it to be damaged in the return. They send me another label after I tell the guy the exact weight of the package. Once again he sends me a label that isn't going to cover return shipping in a box. So I say screw it and put it in a priority envelope since I'm sick of running to the library to print labels and that's the flat rate envelope he paid for.

So eventually the wrong item is delivered back to him and I wait... And not a word for 5 days (after it was delivered back to them), at this point I'm angry so I filed a PayPal claim, somthing I've never done before.

He sends me a message saying how that really wasn't nessecary and that he did send a shipping conformation and he complains that they took the money for the order out of his account. Poor him.

Well I didn't get any shipping conformation. I guess I was just supposed to hope that they got their item back and shipped me the correct item.

i guess the lesson here is if you don't have a problem with Diabolikdvd your good but if you do you better watch out because you will be treated rudely and like you were the one who messed up (which I guess I did the moment I decided to place a order with them).
Old 06-09-2016, 08:31 PM   #8
Blu-ray Samurai

Oct 2012
Funkytown

Quote:
Originally Posted by DetroitSportsFan View Post
The only negatives is that their pricing is on the higher side and sometimes it takes a little longer to ship after ordering (they're a small operation, so it's understandable).
So how long do they usually take to ship? I ordered something on Saturday - which, okay, we'll give them the weekend - but haven't heard anything yet. No "we're working on it", no "processing". And of course they don't have a "check order status" on their page that I can find.

I'm not in a rush or anything, just more curious. Which will get here first, my discs from Australia or the ones from two states away.
Old 06-09-2016, 09:22 PM   #9
Blu-ray Guru

Jul 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by El_Fez View Post
So how long do they usually take to ship? I ordered something on Saturday - which, okay, we'll give them the weekend - but haven't heard anything yet. No "we're working on it", no "processing". And of course they don't have a "check order status" on their page that I can find.

I'm not in a rush or anything, just more curious. Which will get here first, my discs from Australia or the ones from two states away.
They are, again, a tiny operation. They've been incredibly busy with filling Code Red orders all week, which I'm sure they've got hundreds of to fill. Anytime there's a big release or three at once like that, lots of things will get pushed back a little bit.
Thanks given by:
El_Fez (06-09-2016)
Old 06-09-2016, 09:22 PM   #10
Hot Deals Moderator

Aug 2007
Michigan

Quote:
Originally Posted by El_Fez View Post

My experience with them is that they normally ship within a few days after ordering. You typically won't hear anything from them until you get the "order shipped" email.

EDIT:
Quote:
Originally Posted by themp3000 View Post
They are, again, a tiny operation. They've been incredibly busy with filling Code Red orders all week, which I'm sure they've got hundreds of to fill. Anytime there's a big release or three at once like that, lots of things will get pushed back a little bit.
I forgot about the Code Red orders. Indeed that will slow them down quite a bit.
Thanks given by:
El_Fez (06-09-2016)
Old 06-09-2016, 09:45 PM   #11
Blu-ray Samurai

Oct 2012
Funkytown

Quote:
Originally Posted by themp3000 View Post
Naw, that's fair enough - like I said, no rush or anything. It was just that since this was my first order from them I have no benchmark or time table on the order flow.
Old 06-10-2016, 05:23 PM   #12
Blu-ray Samurai

Oct 2012
Funkytown

Speak of the devil, I just got my shipping notice from Diabolik. The USPS claims that it'll be 2 days shipping, so Monday I'll be basking in my American Ninja and Grindhouse Trailer goodness!
Old 09-09-2016, 08:44 PM   #13
Special Member

Oct 2014
RVA
Default DiabolikDVD.com Thread

I didn't see a thread for DiabolikDVD.com yet, so I thought I'd create one rather than creating a thread just to ask the one specific question I had (or posting my question in an inappropriate thread). Apologies if this is the wrong place for this

So what I wanted to know is, does DiabolikDVD.com offer free shipping at all? I can't find anything about that option, but I just thought I'd ask around before making my purchase. Maybe if you order a minimum amount, or they have a coupon code, or something?

Thanks!
Old 09-09-2016, 08:46 PM   #14
Special Member

Feb 2011

There isn't a free shipping option and I've never seen them have a free shipping promotion. But I could've missed a promotion at some point.
Thanks given by:
callahan09 (09-09-2016)
Old 09-09-2016, 08:46 PM   #15
Blu-ray Ninja

Nov 2011
Houston, TX

Nevermind...

Last edited by Undeadcow; 09-09-2016 at 09:01 PM.
Old 09-09-2016, 08:59 PM   #16
Special Member

Feb 2011

My only gripe with DDVD is I wish they had a wishlist. I always forget a title or two when I place an order.
Old 09-09-2016, 09:06 PM   #17
Special Member

Oct 2014
RVA

Quote:
Originally Posted by junyab View Post
There isn't a free shipping option and I've never seen them have a free shipping promotion. But I could've missed a promotion at some point.
Thanks for the quick response! Much appreciated.

Also, thanks to whoever moved / merged the thread. I tried to find one (used the forum search utility) but no results came up for some reason.
Old 09-09-2016, 09:13 PM   #18

Mar 2016

I just wished they improved navigating their website easier. Its very tedious to go through hundreds of pages to look for your title. At least they should have an alphabetical search to make it somewhat easier.

I would buy from them again.
Old 09-09-2016, 09:21 PM   #19
Special Member

Apr 2011
Brooklyn, NY

When I have the cash, I use them for everything I can. Early preorders and the best shipping in the game. Awesome independent spirit and top notch customer service. I'll use them exclusively when it comes to limited stuff because they are the most reliable I've used. When I'm strapped for cash, I'll hold off on getting most titles from them out of necessity.
Old 09-09-2016, 09:22 PM   #20
Special Member

Apr 2011
Brooklyn, NY

And I agree that their website needs a much needed facelift. The search engine is deeply flawed, unfortunately.
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Hot Deals > Movie and TV Deals > Retail/Shopping