Best Blu-ray Movie Deals

Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Japan
Doctor Who: The Complete David Tennant Collection (Blu-ray)
$14.99
15 hrs ago
Little Women (Blu-ray)
$19.95
1 hr ago
Solid Metal Nightmares: The Films of Shinya Tsukamoto (Blu-ray)
$72.99

Superman: The Movie 4K (Blu-ray)
$15.99
14 hrs ago
Birds of Prey (And the Fantabulous Emancipation of One Harley Quinn) 4K (Blu-ray)
$29.99

Unforgiven 4K (Blu-ray)
$15.99
15 hrs ago
Angel Has Fallen 4K (Blu-ray)
$14.96

Orphen: Complete Collection SD (Blu-ray)
$10.99

The Good Place: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$49.99

Motherless Brooklyn (Blu-ray)
$14.99
14 hrs ago
Why Don't You Just Die! (Blu-ray)
$21.99
6 hrs ago
Elvira: Mistress of the Dark (Blu-ray)
$29.49

What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Hot Deals > Movie and TV Deals > Retail/Shopping

Old 06-13-2016, 02:34 PM   #1
Blu-ray Samurai

Oct 2008
Default Anyone else been experiencing delivery issues with Amazon lately?

I've had multiple problems with Amazon in the past week and it's getting pretty ridiculous.

Problem 1
[Show spoiler]Ordered the director's cut of Star Trek 2 on Blu-ray a few months back when it first popped up on Amazon for $14.99. The product page changed at some point but since my order was still saying it would arrive on June 7th I assumed everything was fine. It even updated at one point saying it would arrive by 8:00 PM on Tuesday. Needless to say it had not even shipped when I arrived home from work on Tuesday. I contacted Amazon and was told to place a new order under the new product page and since it was too late to get overnight for Wednesday, they knocked $5 off and it would arrive Thursday.

Problem 2
[Show spoiler]Thursday arrives and I get an email when I wake up that my order was "Undeliverable" and is returning to Amazon and I will be receiving a refund. I contact Amazon again to find out what's going on and they are unable to figure out why it's being returned. They order another one for overnight delivery and assure me it will arrive on Friday (and it did)

Problem 3
[Show spoiler]I ordered two books on Thursday and they are scheduled to arrive Saturday. Saturday morning I wake up to an email claiming there is a delay in delivery due to "arrival at incorrect carrier facility" I contact Amazon yet again and ask what is going on and also inform them about the previous issues and the rep assures me that the books will deliver today and my Prime subscription has been extended by one free month. My order has yet to update saying that they will be delivered today so that might end up being Problem 5.

Problem 4
[Show spoiler]I ordered a charger that was scheduled to be delivered today. I woke up this morning to yet another "Undeliverable" email and the item is on its way back to Amazon. Yet another contact with Amazon and I was issued a refund and told to order the item again and was give another free month of Amazon Prime.

At least my Ecto-Cooler order that I put in the other day claims to be out for delivery today. I'd hate for that to be another issue.
Old 06-13-2016, 03:12 PM   #2

Aug 2009

Yup. Prime member here and the problems have been exclusively with their Amazon Logistics delivery service. Now when I get orders assigned to the AMZL US tracking number, I fully expect them to be delayed or missing entirely.

On Friday, I had a package sent to my house and it was apparently left with my receptionist/front desk person named Dan. I do not have a front desk or receptionist that works in my home and no one named Dan lives on my block. Good times. I'm sure it was left on some random block... maybe somewhere that has the same house number combo.
Thanks given by:
Petey Parker (06-13-2016), smax-3 (11-13-2016)
Old 06-13-2016, 03:36 PM   #3
Blu-ray Samurai

Feb 2013
I live where you vacation

90% of stuff for me this past month has had incredible slow and delayed shipping. I'm still waiting on stuff from 3 weeks ago which will finally arrive today via 2 day ups. They are holding some packages for me for weeks so they can ship it w a sub and save. Some games were sent using media services and have delivery estimates for the end of the month. Ridiculous.
Not the first time they play that game w me holding packages for weeks instead of days. I complained last year and got better so I might have to do that again and go full negative on their delivery reviews.
Old 06-13-2016, 03:45 PM   #4
Blu-ray Samurai

Oct 2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by jedilips View Post
Yup. Prime member here and the problems have been exclusively with their Amazon Logistics delivery service. Now when I get orders assigned to the AMZL US tracking number, I fully expect them to be delayed or missing entirely.

On Friday, I had a package sent to my house and it was apparently left with my receptionist/front desk person named Dan. I do not have a front desk or receptionist that works in my home and no one named Dan lives on my block. Good times. I'm sure it was left on some random block... maybe somewhere that has the same house number combo.
The tracking information has disappeared on the bad deliveries save for the books and I do notice that it's listed as AMZL for that one. I'm pretty sure I remember seeing AMZL on at least one of the other orders. That explains why the Star Trek Blu that came on Friday had no issues, it's listed as USPS and so is my Ecto-Cooler order. At least I know what the problem is now.
Old 11-13-2016, 01:17 PM   #5
Banned

Oct 2012

I had an item get returned due to damage in transit. Are the items really damaged and is there photographic evidence?
Old 11-14-2016, 02:15 PM   #6

Apr 2009

I had 3 orders I put in at the end of September. None of them shipped. And they canceled first one, then the second. I'm really hoping the third doesn't get canceled. The price on every one of them has tripled since I placed the order originally.
Old 11-14-2016, 03:30 PM   #7
Power Member

Oct 2007
Boston, MA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jett Rink View Post
I had an item get returned due to damage in transit. Are the items really damaged and is there photographic evidence?
I had that happen once with Amazon's shipping service. I never saw the item but they reordered it automatically for me.
Old 11-14-2016, 05:30 PM   #8
Blu-ray Ninja

Jan 2015
Delaware

Not lately for me. I got a GTX1070 FTW and a Samsung 850 EVO 500GB SSD due tomorrow, but it's supposed to rain. I have my fingers crossed that my stuff isn't going to get ruined in the rain. If it does, I will hope their customer service can help me out.

The only other time that shipping got screwy was when it was on the shipper. I had one item that didn't arrive as was indicated, so they gave me a free re-order. Then the item arrives less than a week later (not the replacement, but the ORIGINAL) after its indicated delivery date. And then I had items coming from the UK last year. One package was the first two seasons of Agents of SHIELD with Season 1 of Agent Carter. Customs ripped the box open and had the decency to put a plastic bag around it for delivery. Maybe it's because I had a bunch of items from overseas ship to my address and they were doing a routine check to make sure something odd wasn't going on.

Overall, my experience with Amazon has been great. 99% satisfaction rate, easily.
Old 11-14-2016, 09:14 PM   #9
Blu-ray Knight

Sep 2011
USA
Send a message via Skype™ to Kellz

honestly, ever since i re-upped my Prime for a year, i've had problems with all my orders but 1 so far
Old 11-14-2016, 09:28 PM   #10
Blu-ray Ninja

Jan 2015
Delaware

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kellz View Post
honestly, ever since i re-upped my Prime for a year, i've had problems with all my orders but 1 so far
Do tell.
Old 11-14-2016, 10:39 PM   #11
Banned

Oct 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patsfan123 View Post
I had that happen once with Amazon's shipping service. I never saw the item but they reordered it automatically for me.
I had to call them to reorder it, and they gave me express shipping on the item. I am not a Prime member. I never saw my item either. I imagine some postal sorting machine ate it for lunch.
Old 11-15-2016, 08:05 PM   #12
Expert Member

Dec 2010
sl, ut

I have had a number of issues with Amazon this year.

1) Work order for some training CPR mannequins that said it shipped and was lost. Shipping from just one state over. Early in the year.

2) Got a prime trial and they cancelled an item that never shipped in August.

3) Another order took way longer than I expected with Prime shipping. One package was lost as well in September.

4) Got notification that my package was delayed and possibly lost. It showed up luckily.

I am pretty much over Amazon. They failed me around my kids birthday.
Old 11-15-2016, 08:18 PM   #13
Blu-ray Ninja

Jan 2015
Delaware

Quote:
Originally Posted by owenstar View Post
I have had a number of issues with Amazon this year.

1) Work order for some training CPR mannequins that said it shipped and was lost. Shipping from just one state over. Early in the year.

2) Got a prime trial and they cancelled an item that never shipped in August.

3) Another order took way longer than I expected with Prime shipping. One package was lost as well in September.

4) Got notification that my package was delayed and possibly lost. It showed up luckily.

I am pretty much over Amazon. They failed me around my kids birthday.
I'm sorry you went through all of that. What state was it?
Old 11-16-2016, 06:09 AM   #14
Blu-ray Knight

Sep 2011
USA
Send a message via Skype™ to Kellz

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLaughingMann View Post
Do tell.
every Pop i have ordered have arrived smashed, but there were exclusives that aren't available anymore so i'm kinda stuck with them.

i preordered the green ranger, and got it about 2 months after it came out, maybe longer. ordered in june, arrived in early october

preordered captain america 75th sepia version, in may i think, and i didn't receive it until mid august, and was charged extra for shipping, which i had to contact them to get fixed. i've had prime for years so i shouldn't have been charged anything

the shallows i ordered came fine, on time, just without a slip but i wasn't expecting one so far after release, was secretly hoping though
Old 11-16-2016, 12:39 PM   #15
Blu-ray Guru

Oct 2012

This has been a fairly recent one...

Amazon now makes me wait nearly a week before shipping the order. Odd, maybe they'd like me to sign up for another year of Prime membership or something.

Right now they're offering Prime on monthly basis at $10.99 - might sign up for that to score Black Friday deals.
Old 11-16-2016, 03:52 PM   #16
Blu-ray Guru

Nov 2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by UncleBuckWild View Post
This has been a fairly recent one...

Amazon now makes me wait nearly a week before shipping the order. Odd, maybe they'd like me to sign up for another year of Prime membership or something.

Right now they're offering Prime on monthly basis at $10.99 - might sign up for that to score Black Friday deals.
I had the same problem back in the spring after I let my prime run out without rejoining. I ordered a blender and some other goods as well and they had not shipped after 6 days so I call them and then they sent it out fast. After I got prime again I have not had any problems getting anything with in two days. If you get prime again you will see how fast you get your orders again.
Old 11-16-2016, 04:07 PM   #17
Blu-ray Prince

Jun 2012

Amazon has been using private couriers in many cases as primary shippers. Ever since the change I've had some fairly negative experiences, namely packages not arriving when they're supposed to and being returned. I was expecting something yesterday and never made it, but it's out for delivery today - not a big deal but I'd like to know why the couriers seem to be having so much trouble keeping schedules. It's a step down from USPS, who are consistently better but they also have their issues. Packages marked as "Undeliverable" from the Post Office is most likely a lazy carrier who just doesn't want to leave the comfort of his truck at a certain time of the day - this has happened to me numerous times. The quality of delivery companies in general has gone WAY down in recent times, unfortunately.
Old 11-16-2016, 04:18 PM   #18
Blu-ray Ninja

Jan 2015
Delaware

Quote:
Originally Posted by evoll View Post
I had the same problem back in the spring after I let my prime run out without rejoining. I ordered a blender and some other goods as well and they had not shipped after 6 days so I call them and then they sent it out fast. After I got prime again I have not had any problems getting anything with in two days. If you get prime again you will see how fast you get your orders again.
That is because non-Prime users that opt for the most basic shipping DO get that exact timing on their orders. I've used it before, so I can speak from experience. It can take as much as a full two weeks' worth of business days to get the product (business as in shipper's business days, like USPS, or whoever they use). Ever since I got onto Prime, I've liberally used the free two-day shipping and paid out occasionally for the cheap One-Day shipping when it was available and necessary. And I've always gotten my packages. One or two during my entirety of business got lost/misplaced/damaged. But one quick CS chat or call or email later, they make it right. That also isn't counting the regular use I get out of the Prime Video service (especially with the legacy HBO titles added in). Yet as an Amazon shopper overall, before and since Prime, I've gotten good business with them.

Prime, at this point, feels like a loyalty service. You get better service and shipping and perks for the price, and it may not always be the best, but it is what it is. Until Amazon begins regularly screwing up my business with them, I'll stick with them.

A saying in retail is...you're more likely to hear about one bad experience than you are to hear about ten good ones.
Old 11-16-2016, 05:21 PM   #19
Blu-ray Guru

Oct 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by evoll View Post
[Show spoiler]I had the same problem back in the spring after I let my prime run out without rejoining. I ordered a blender and some other goods as well and they had not shipped after 6 days so I call them and then they sent it out fast. After I got prime again I have not had any problems getting anything with in two days. If you get prime again you will see how fast you get your orders again.
Quote:
[Show spoiler]That is because non-Prime users that opt for the most basic shipping DO get that exact timing on their orders. I've used it before, so I can speak from experience. It can take as much as a full two weeks' worth of business days to get the product (business as in shipper's business days, like USPS, or whoever they use). Ever since I got onto Prime, I've liberally used the free two-day shipping and paid out occasionally for the cheap One-Day shipping when it was available and necessary. And I've always gotten my packages. One or two during my entirety of business got lost/misplaced/damaged. But one quick CS chat or call or email later, they make it right. That also isn't counting the regular use I get out of the Prime Video service (especially with the legacy HBO titles added in). Yet as an Amazon shopper overall, before and since Prime, I've gotten good business with them.

Prime, at this point, feels like a loyalty service. You get better service and shipping and perks for the price, and it may not always be the best, but it is what it is. Until Amazon begins regularly screwing up my business with them, I'll stick with them.

A saying in retail is...you're more likely to hear about one bad experience than you are to hear about ten good ones.
Oh, I get what you guys are saying... Prime can be pretty useful at times. However not too long ago they used be perfect in terms of shipping, packaging and mainly shorter processing time even for standard shipping.

Now it may seem silly to reminisce about the past but it's Amazon who has spoiled us over the years so for me it's hard to grasp that this is the new normal.

One thing I dislike about being a member is once you're in they won't let you group items together and that's a bit crazy... considering certain Blu-rays that arrive in a bubble mailer usually end up being somewhat damaged.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cine74 View Post
[Show spoiler]Amazon has been using private couriers in many cases as primary shippers. Ever since the change I've had some fairly negative experiences, namely packages not arriving when they're supposed to and being returned. I was expecting something yesterday and never made it, but it's out for delivery today - not a big deal but I'd like to know why the couriers seem to be having so much trouble keeping schedules. It's a step down from USPS, who are consistently better but they also have their issues. Packages marked as "Undeliverable" from the Post Office is most likely a lazy carrier who just doesn't want to leave the comfort of his truck at a certain time of the day - this has happened to me numerous times. The quality of delivery companies in general has gone WAY down in recent times, unfortunately.
Yep, this has happened to few of my shipments where Amazon would first hand it over to USPS followed by some third party company that ends up delivering the package (Even while on Prime).

Shipments do eventually get delivered but the wait can be quite frustrating.
Old 11-17-2016, 05:44 AM   #20
Expert Member

Dec 2010
sl, ut

Quote:
I'm sorry you went through all of that. What state was it?
I live in slc utah. We have hubs for ups...fed ex...DHL. As a prime member, I didn't get a single package in 2 days. I had to spend 100 dollars more on a radio locally for my daughter birthday. That would have been prime for a year, instead my daughter got a sweet LG boombox from best buy and I got a trash load of points.

My BB elite plus gets here in 2 days every time. They should package GCU and shipping for a fee like amazon.
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Hot Deals > Movie and TV Deals > Retail/Shopping