Best Blu-ray Movie Deals

Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Japan Mexico
Twin Peaks: From Z to A (Blu-ray)
$89.99
10 hrs ago
Twin Peaks: The Television Collection (Blu-ray)
$39.99
10 hrs ago
Alastair Sim's School for Laughter: 4 Classic Comedies (Blu-ray)
$46.49
2 hrs ago
The Great Escape (Blu-ray)
$29.49

Galaxy Quest (Blu-ray)
$9.99
20 hrs ago
Inner Sanctum Mysteries (Blu-ray)
$46.49

Game of Thrones: The Complete Eighth Season (Blu-ray)
$31.46

Little Women (Blu-ray)
$19.95

Birds of Prey (And the Fantabulous Emancipation of One Harley Quinn) (Blu-ray)
$24.99

Twin Peaks: Fire Walk with Me (Blu-ray)
$19.99
10 hrs ago
1917 4K (Blu-ray)
$29.99

Hellboy (Blu-ray)
$5.00

What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Hot Deals > Movie and TV Deals > Retail/Shopping

Old 11-24-2016, 02:19 AM   #21
Banned

Oct 2012

Had another damaged item sent back before I ever got it. This seems weird.
Old 11-24-2016, 04:07 AM   #22

May 2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jett Rink View Post
Had another damaged item sent back before I ever got it. This seems weird.
UPS or FedEx? What did the tracking info say when you checked it?
Old 11-24-2016, 05:11 AM   #23

Oct 2012
Central IL

I live in Illinois. I ordered a blu-ray from a third party seller on Monday, November 14th. The package arrived at the Hebron, KY Amazon distribution center on Friday, November 18th at 4:12 PM. It was apparently flown to Carol Stream, IL that same day because it arrived at the USPS center there at 5:12 PM the same day! On Saturday, November 19th, the package was back at the Hebron, KY Amazon distribution center and was again shipped out at 3:04 AM to Newgistics, a carrier in Fishers, IN. Newgistics shipped the package out of their facility at 4:18 PM on the same day (the 19th). The package was received by the USPS center in Carol Stream, IL on Monday, November 21st. USPS shipped the package to Newgistics in Fishers, IN and it was received by them at 1:36 AM yesterday. Newgistics gave me a tracking number and when I go on their website to track the package, they say that they don't have it.

To summarize: Original shipper to Amazon (Kentucky) to USPS (Illinois) back to Amazon (Kentucky) to Newgistics (Indiana) back to USPS (Illinois) and then back again to Newgistics (Indiana). Each of these carriers have handled this package twice. Can anyone explain to me what the **** is going on here?

The package has been in Illinois twice already!! Just deliver the damn thing!
Old 11-24-2016, 07:13 AM   #24
Blu-ray Ninja

Apr 2016

Slightly OT but I pay Amazon prime by the month and I didn't renew for next month but my account says it will end of November 23rd but I still have prime?
Old 11-25-2016, 04:16 PM   #25
Banned

Oct 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by weir View Post
UPS or FedEx? What did the tracking info say when you checked it?
It was UPS. It said Undeliverable and that it was being returned to sender.
Old 11-26-2016, 10:55 PM   #26
Blu-ray Guru

Feb 2009
Columbia, MO

I have 2 day shipping with Prime and they are getting slow on order shipping lately. I ordered a book yesterday morning and it still says "preparing for shipment". They say it will get to me by tomorrow at 8pm. We'll see.
Old 11-27-2016, 07:14 PM   #27
Blu-ray Duke

Jul 2007

I've experienced the opposite where all of my items have arrived on time, or early, even with Amazon primarily using the USPS almost exclusively now. I had a few packages, placed during BF, scheduled for delivery tomorrow and to my surprise the USPS just delivered them today!

I have to give credit to the USPS for going out of the way to deliver the packages on a Sunday even without the Sunday delivery service.
Old 11-27-2016, 07:22 PM   #28
Banned

Aug 2015
Thanos Cock

Quote:
Originally Posted by rikraq View Post
I have 2 day shipping with Prime and they are getting slow on order shipping lately. I ordered a book yesterday morning and it still says "preparing for shipment". They say it will get to me by tomorrow at 8pm. We'll see.
I noticed a lot of my recent orders pretty much do not ship until the day before stated delivery. They still arrive on time, just seems like it's more expensive for them.
Old 11-27-2016, 07:47 PM   #29
Blu-ray Duke

Jul 2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by Groot View Post
I noticed a lot of my recent orders pretty much do not ship until the day before stated delivery. They still arrive on time, just seems like it's more expensive for them.
Are you reasonably near an Amazon warehouse? I have several within 3-5 hours from me and I've noticed a lot of times the packages aren't shipped with actual 2-day mail service. Most of the time Amazon is using the USPS Parcel Select option, what was previously known as parcel post, from those locations and the packages only take a day to arrive within the local area.
Old 11-27-2016, 08:10 PM   #30
Banned

Aug 2015
Thanos Cock

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdodolak View Post
Are you reasonably near an Amazon warehouse? I have several within 3-5 hours from me and I've noticed a lot of times the packages aren't shipped with actual 2-day mail service. Most of the time Amazon is using the USPS Parcel Select option, what was previously known as parcel post, from those locations and the packages only take a day to arrive within the local area.
I am not super close to one, well they are building one and we have a Prime Now location, but most packages to me here in Columbus, Ohio are coming out of either Virginia, Kentucky or Indiana. The warehouses are 4-8 hours away, most deliveries come UPS lately.
Old 12-02-2016, 03:47 PM   #31

May 2011
United Kingdom

Amazon UK's gone haywire! I received an entire parcel of damaged books and blu-rays so I phoned their call centre in Manila I spoke to a representative who managed to email a third party seller and report a damaged item that's still in transit and not send return labels for the items that are damaged. When I phoned back I spoke to somebody who said my name wasn't on their system.

Nearly everything I've bought from Amazon this year has had - at the very least - minor damage and I've let it go but now they're sabotaging my Christmas shopping!

I try to be patient with representatives in other countries because they do their best but today I'm scaling the walls... Amazon should be ashamed of their awful customer service.
Old 12-02-2016, 10:22 PM   #32
Blu-ray Champion

Oct 2009

well i have the best story
today the ong bak trilogy was supposed to come from usps shipped from amazon.
USPS came, no package. I walk outside to talk to the postman since tracking shows it was supposed to come today
in his own words he said. "I only brought half of the packages with me on delivery so it could still be at the post office"
i'm thinking to myself how smart is this, when people have been ordering stuff from black friday and cyber monday
Old 12-02-2016, 11:06 PM   #33
Special Member

Oct 2014

if anyone having problems with Amazon orders via USPS Surepost.

UPS has there UPS My Choice Membership for $10 for a year with promo code: BY5AY1MM7

It will allow your surepost deliveries to be delivered by UPS instead of being handled over to USPS and you will usually get your deliveries a day or two early to.
Old 12-03-2016, 07:01 PM   #34

Nov 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamer131313 View Post
if anyone having problems with Amazon orders via USPS Surepost.

UPS has there UPS My Choice Membership for $10 for a year with promo code: BY5AY1MM7

It will allow your surepost deliveries to be delivered by UPS instead of being handled over to USPS and you will usually get your deliveries a day or two early to.
UPS has always delivered Surepost packages directly to me. Their tracking says something to the effect that "since we will be in your area anyway, we are delivering directly to you instead of the post office."
Old 12-03-2016, 10:10 PM   #35
Special Member

Oct 2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by DvdClon View Post
UPS has always delivered Surepost packages directly to me. Their tracking says something to the effect that "since we will be in your area anyway, we are delivering directly to you instead of the post office."
are you getting packages shipped non surepost the same day from a 2nd retailer? if so that why

If i have a UPS Ground package from retailer A coming and a Surepost package from retailer B coming that same day then yes they will always deliver to you instead. But otherwise they usually wont.

That why i jumped on the above deal cause i live literally half a mile from the PO and the UPS Truck literally have to drive past my house each time and it got annoying waiting that extra day.
Old 12-04-2016, 06:57 PM   #36

Nov 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamer131313 View Post
are you getting packages shipped non surepost the same day from a 2nd retailer? if so that why

If i have a UPS Ground package from retailer A coming and a Surepost package from retailer B coming that same day then yes they will always deliver to you instead. But otherwise they usually wont.

That why i jumped on the above deal cause i live literally half a mile from the PO and the UPS Truck literally have to drive past my house each time and it got annoying waiting that extra day.
If I understand you correctly here, I have had Amazon Surepost packages delivered directly on days when I had no other packages coming. My area is densely populated enough that there's always a good chance of standard deliveries being made near me. I expect I wouldn't get this treatment if I were living out in the country.
Old 12-07-2016, 04:05 AM   #37

Mar 2012

I've placed 8 orders since Thanksgiving Eve (is that a thing?) and 5 have been late. 3 just one day late. One was 3 days late and 1 is currently missing. They're definitely off their game this year. I don't really care too much, but it's noticeable.
Old 12-12-2016, 07:19 PM   #38
Expert Member

Dec 2010
sl, ut

I have 5 orders with a delayed status right now.

Utah just partnered up with Amazon to collect taxes in our state. I believe this is the end of my business with Amazon. Saving a few bucks on taxes vs lost and delayed packages is no longer worth the savings. I didn't use Amazon as much for movies as Best Buy has been the price leader for years.
Old 12-13-2016, 01:43 PM   #39

Dec 2009

^^^

Looks like you aren't the only one that might have this problem. I mean we knew it was going to happen sooner or later. I pay taxes so this never really effected me but I know a lot didn't. lol

Colorado internet-tax case could change online shopping

Quote:
DENVER (AP) — Buying things online could get pricier after the U.S. Supreme Court rejected a case Monday that could ultimately lead to states collecting billions of dollars in sales taxes lost to increasingly popular internet retailers.

The court would not hear a challenge to a Colorado law requiring online sellers such as Amazon.com to notify customers and the state how much they owe in taxes. State officials have estimated that Colorado alone has been missing out on as much as $172.7 million a year.

At least three other states — Louisiana, Oklahoma and Vermont — have passed similar laws that could take effect given the resolution of the Colorado case.

Though the court didn't endorse Colorado's law and could even weigh in against it if given a different case, other states are likely to see Monday's move as a green light to step up collection efforts. That comes despite a 1992 Supreme Court decision saying retailers must have a physical presence in a state before officials can make them collect sales tax.

Online shoppers always have owed state sales taxes on their purchases, but the rule has been widely ignored. States have spent years examining ways to capture those lost tax dollars, but their options are limited when the retailers are not based in the state.

So-called Amazon taxes that started in New York have not been adequate to fill the widening gap, said Mark Behlke, director of budget and tax policy for the National Conference of State Legislatures.

Sales taxes account for about a third of revenue in many states, more in those with no income taxes, such as Texas and Florida. And with online sales going up about 15 percent a year, states are increasingly feeling the effects of those taxes going unpaid.

The Colorado Legislature found a possible solution in 2010 when it passed a law requiring online retailers to notify customers to pay sales tax and report purchases to the state. That's not the same as demanding tax payments from out-of-state retailers.

The Data and Marketing Association sued, and a federal judge put the law on hold in 2012. A year later, a federal appeals court sided with Colorado. The association appealed to the nation's highest court, arguing that the law would meddle in interstate commerce.

The marketing group said the Supreme Court's refusal to hear the case could have far-reaching implications for online shoppers.

"It will only encourage other states to adopt similar laws and regulations that are designed to put arbitrary burdens on out-of-state sellers," association spokesman Mike Uehlein said in a statement.

Supporters of Colorado's law agreed it sends a strong signal that reporting requirements don't infringe on constitutional protections for interstate commerce.

"This settles the issue, once and for all, that the 2010 law is constitutional, it was not an undue burden on business," said Tim Hoover, spokesman for the Colorado Fiscal Institute, which supported the law.

George S. Isaacson, who represented the marketing group and teaches constitutional law at Bowdoin College, said the high court may simply be waiting to see more states copy Colorado.

"Colorado was the first state to pass such a law, and the Supreme Court may be waiting to see how other state legislatures and lower courts deal with this type of highly controversial state legislation before addressing the constitutional issues," Isaacson said in a statement.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/high-cour...-politics.html
Old 12-14-2016, 03:40 PM   #40
Expert Member

Dec 2010
sl, ut

I am almost positive that my state had a threshold of dollars you had to pass to pay tax at the end of the year. I am elite plus if that gives you an idea where most of my money is spent haha. Having a new baby has forced me to do more online shopping for the older kids bday and such this year. I understand the states point as I am sure they lost out on millions in taxes. They have also turned up their noses at gambling or marijuana which would also generate some additional millions for their coffers.

Makes me wonder how come ebay hasn't been targeted for these tax laws? Ebay actually operates in this state unlike amazon.
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Hot Deals > Movie and TV Deals > Retail/Shopping