Best Blu-ray Movie Deals

Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »

Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Japan
Game of Thrones: The Complete Eighth Season (Blu-ray)
$31.50
7 hrs ago
Hellboy (Blu-ray)
$5.00
8 hrs ago
Color Out of Space 4K (Blu-ray)
$17.99

Inner Sanctum Mysteries (Blu-ray)
$46.49

The Great Escape (Blu-ray)
$29.49

Little Women (Blu-ray)
$19.95

Birds of Prey (And the Fantabulous Emancipation of One Harley Quinn) (Blu-ray)
$24.99

Solid Metal Nightmares: The Films of Shinya Tsukamoto (Blu-ray)
$72.99

Doctor Who: The Complete David Tennant Collection (Blu-ray)
$14.99

Scorsese Shorts (Blu-ray)
$29.49

1917 4K (Blu-ray)
$29.99

Birds of Prey (And the Fantabulous Emancipation of One Harley Quinn) 4K (Blu-ray)
$29.99

What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Hot Deals > Movie and TV Deals > Retail/Shopping

Old 12-15-2016, 04:06 AM   #41
Special Member

Oct 2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by owenstar View Post
I am almost positive that my state had a threshold of dollars you had to pass to pay tax at the end of the year. I am elite plus if that gives you an idea where most of my money is spent haha. Having a new baby has forced me to do more online shopping for the older kids bday and such this year. I understand the states point as I am sure they lost out on millions in taxes. They have also turned up their noses at gambling or marijuana which would also generate some additional millions for their coffers.

Makes me wonder how come ebay hasn't been targeted for these tax laws? Ebay actually operates in this state unlike amazon.
Cause eBay the company doesn't sell directly like Amazon does. eBay is 100% third party sellers. Those third party sellers are supposed to only charge sales tax if they sell to someone in same state as them.
Old 12-17-2016, 12:51 AM   #42
Blu-ray Ninja

Apr 2016

My last 2 orders have been a day late. They also didn't ship until the day before it was supposed to get here. I only complained once and got a 1 month Prime extension.
Old 12-17-2016, 03:25 AM   #43
Blu-ray Guru

Jan 2015
Los Angeles-ish, CA

The last 2 Tuesday's I was scheduled for a delivery, but the packages arrived Wednesday instead.

The surprise was another order, shipped on the 6th, that arrived today (the 16th). I have no idea what the heck happened to that (only that it went east, to Buffalo, NY, on it's way to Los Angeles, CA).
Old 12-17-2016, 03:37 AM   #44
Blu-ray Prince

Apr 2009
Out there...past them trees...

Quote:
Originally Posted by owenstar View Post
I am almost positive that my state had a threshold of dollars you had to pass to pay tax at the end of the year. I am elite plus if that gives you an idea where most of my money is spent haha. Having a new baby has forced me to do more online shopping for the older kids bday and such this year. I understand the states point as I am sure they lost out on millions in taxes. They have also turned up their noses at gambling or marijuana which would also generate some additional millions for their coffers.

Makes me wonder how come ebay hasn't been targeted for these tax laws? Ebay actually operates in this state unlike amazon.
I believe everybody is supposed to pay the "Use Tax" for everything purchased online and outside of Utah. My understanding was that this was for all online purchases outside the state--I wasn't aware of any threshold. Problem is it's an honor system that doesn't seem to be regulated, and people probably just blow it off. Lots of folks I work with never even heard of it (transplant or otherwise).

Whether it's sales or use tax, it's due all the same. It's not like it was a whole new tax slapped on us, and I was seriously expecting this to happen sooner or later.

I'd rather have it taken out automatically, so I won't have to go back on a year's worth of purchases and try to calculate it all on my return. It usually makes me owe more in the end anyway.

I'm guessing CO and other states have the same system...?
Old 12-18-2016, 05:29 AM   #45
Expert Member

Dec 2010
sl, ut

I swore when I did taxes online a few years back it asked an amount spent, as I rarely made amazon purchases it didn't seem to make any difference. Which may have led to my belief of a threshold. I'm not a lawyer or tax professional. Hell I'm not even good at math.

Almost all of my recent orders are delayed by a day sometimes a week. Had one not show up at all and another in Escondido CA??
Old 12-18-2016, 10:20 PM   #46
Banned

Oct 2012

How long does it take for an out of stock item to ship from Amazon?
Old 12-19-2016, 01:55 AM   #47
Power Member

Sep 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by hariseldon View Post
As long as it takes to come back into stock -- my past items have varied 2 days to 4 months.
Not true. Amazon cancelled my Christmas Vacation steelbook back in January or February of this year and it came back in stock in November. I even ordered it when it was in preorder. Luckily I got my Best Buy to hold a copy for me. Amazon didn't offer anything for my troubles.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk
Old 12-22-2016, 03:12 PM   #48
Power Member

Sep 2012

I am having another problem with Amazon. I preordered Sully on Blu-ray on Monday when it was in stock and it is supposed to be delivered today yet it hasn't shipped. I would just cancell but I used promotion credit so I know I would lose it.

Old 12-25-2016, 11:28 AM   #49
Power Member

Sep 2012

On another Amazon account that isn't elligable for Prime but I got them to give me free 2 day shipping on Snowden when I ordered it with promo credit that I got from them for removing the $10 credit for switch to a Mastercard for 1 click. I got the promo credit automatically. But I noticed they pushed the delivery date to Thursday but you could still get on release date with 1 day shipping. So I live chatted with them this morning and a 5 minutes later I get the same release date I was orginally promised.

My copy of Sully should be here on Wed. I ended up getting $8 in promo credit for delay. I just hope Sully still has the slip.

Old 12-25-2016, 01:54 PM   #50
Blu-ray Ninja

Jan 2015
Delaware

This whole week's been nuts for holiday shipping. The problem is that I do not think Amazon's system accounts for it when the order is made. It doesn't come up unless there's a problem. But least there is justifiable reason for it.
Old 12-27-2016, 11:11 AM   #51
Power Member

Sep 2012

My copy of Snowden that was suppose to be delivered today orginally with 2 day shipping then I had to chat with them to get it upgraded to 1 day shipping to get on release day. They didn't ship it until this morning (release day) at 4am and once again it's scheduled for delivery tomorrow via their internal shipping service. I realize that December 26th was Boxing Day and part of Hanukkah but for most people it was a normal work day unless you worked for the goverment and bank. Amazon needs to get their stuff togather. My next preorder is Deepwater Horizon that SHOULD arrive on release day January 10th.

Old 12-27-2016, 12:50 PM   #52
Blu-ray Ninja

Jan 2015
Delaware

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike568 View Post
My copy of Snowden that was suppose to be delivered today orginally with 2 day shipping then I had to chat with them to get it upgraded to 1 day shipping to get on release day. They didn't ship it until this morning (release day) at 4am and once again it's scheduled for delivery tomorrow via their internal shipping service. I realize that December 26th was Boxing Day and part of Hanukkah but for most people it was a normal work day unless you worked for the goverment and bank. Amazon needs to get their stuff togather. My next preorder is Deepwater Horizon that SHOULD arrive on release day January 10th.

The problem is I do not think Amazon's system accounts for holidays. Every delivery date, far as I know, is auto-generated. It doesn't rationalize for holidays, and if it does, it's either because it may be on a Sunday or it is a major holiday.

A couple of Sunday deliveries I was supposed to get according to Amazon this month came in on Monday instead. That was because USPS HATES doing Sunday deliveries in my area. Yet the system said I'd get it on Sunday. How is that possible? UPS is off duty on Sunday and USPS rarely does Sunday deliveries. That's when I realize that if any delivery day falls onto a Sunday by what is generated by the website, I and just wait until Monday since that's realistic and USPS deserves a day off same as anyone.

I'd say the same of anyone who believes they will get something on a holiday just because the website tells them. Odds are it may not be delivered on it.
Old 12-27-2016, 04:46 PM   #53
Power Member

Sep 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLaughingMann View Post
The problem is I do not think Amazon's system accounts for holidays. Every delivery date, far as I know, is auto-generated. It doesn't rationalize for holidays, and if it does, it's either because it may be on a Sunday or it is a major holiday.

A couple of Sunday deliveries I was supposed to get according to Amazon this month came in on Monday instead. That was because USPS HATES doing Sunday deliveries in my area. Yet the system said I'd get it on Sunday. How is that possible? UPS is off duty on Sunday and USPS rarely does Sunday deliveries. That's when I realize that if any delivery day falls onto a Sunday by what is generated by the website, I and just wait until Monday since that's realistic and USPS deserves a day off same as anyone.

I'd say the same of anyone who believes they will get something on a holiday just because the website tells them. Odds are it may not be delivered on it.
USPS is paid by Amazon to only deliver Amazon packages on Sunday. It isn't the same person that normally deliveres mail. I work retail so I get stuck working on Sunday's sometimes.

Today is a normal day as far as I am converned. I am still mad about preordering Sully and I am not suppose to recieve until tomorrow via UPS. I am also still mad at missing part of the Cowboys game last night due to Dominoes Pizza lying on how long it would to get a carryout pizza on the way home from work. It took 45 minutes to get 2 carryout pizzas when it said 25-31 minutes. I would have just not picked up the pizzas but I had alread paid using a Dominoes gift card.

Old 12-27-2016, 05:10 PM   #54
Power Member

Sep 2012

I just a $5 promo credit since the order will be delivered not on the guaranteed date. If I would have paid for 1 day shipping I would asked for a refund on shipping. I miss the days of Amazon shipping the orders on time to arrive on release day. This is why I preorder movies at bestbuy.com for in store pickup. Only once did they not recieve any copies of the movie preordered. I got the order switched to another location and problem solved.

Old 12-27-2016, 06:28 PM   #55
Blu-ray Ninja

Jan 2015
Delaware

Quote:
I just a $5 promo credit since the order will be delivered not on the guaranteed date. If I would have paid for 1 day shipping I would asked for a refund on shipping. I miss the days of Amazon shipping the orders on time to arrive on release day. This is why I preorder movies at bestbuy.com for in store pickup. Only once did they not recieve any copies of the movie preordered. I got the order switched to another location and problem solved.

I haven't had release day delivery woes. But then I've always pre-bought well enough ahead of time that they try to time it out so the free 2-Day delivery lines up with the release day.
Old 12-27-2016, 06:29 PM   #56
Blu-ray Ninja

Jan 2015
Delaware

Quote:
USPS is paid by Amazon to only deliver Amazon packages on Sunday. It isn't the same person that normally deliveres mail. I work retail so I get stuck working on Sunday's sometimes.

Today is a normal day as far as I am converned. I am still mad about preordering Sully and I am not suppose to recieve until tomorrow via UPS. I am also still mad at missing part of the Cowboys game last night due to Dominoes Pizza lying on how long it would to get a carryout pizza on the way home from work. It took 45 minutes to get 2 carryout pizzas when it said 25-31 minutes. I would have just not picked up the pizzas but I had alread paid using a Dominoes gift card.

If that's the case, then somebody in my area is scamming them. I had two chances this year for Sunday deliveries and neither got upheld (especially when one of the deliveries stated there was nobody home). On USPS's fault, that is utter bull. There were people here. There were no knocks, no doorbell rung, no paper left to confirm delivery attempt. It was only when Amazon messaged my phone that I knew it happened.
Old 12-27-2016, 06:41 PM   #57
Power Member

Sep 2012

Quote:
I haven't had release day delivery woes. But then I've always pre-bought well enough ahead of time that they try to time it out so the free 2-Day delivery lines up with the release day.
I preorded Snowden back on November 24th.

Sully I preordered the day before release day and 2 day was the fastest option and it was suppose arrive on Wed. last week.

Old 12-27-2016, 06:47 PM   #58
Blu-ray Ninja

Jan 2015
Delaware

Quote:
I preorded Snowden back on November 24th.

Sully I preordered the day before release day and 2 day was the fastest option and it was suppose arrive on Wed. last week.

Yeah, I think yours got swept up in the huge business that went on last week. The week before Xmas is always going to have crazy things going on. It's unfortunate that happened, especially with a movie that good.
Old 12-27-2016, 08:04 PM   #59
Power Member

Sep 2012

Quote:
Yeah, I think yours got swept up in the huge business that went on last week. The week before Xmas is always going to have crazy things going on. It's unfortunate that happened, especially with a movie that good.
Sully is suppose to be delivered tomorrow. It is needs hurry up and take off since it is in Pataskala, OH and it suppose to land at DFW airport. It is being shipped via UPS 2nd Day Air so I can make plane puns.

Amazon themself are delivering Snowden tomorrow to my doorstep.

It just makes me mad that I am off all day today but I work tomorrow night so I won't get them tomorrow.

I want to see the end of Sully since when I saw in theater I had to leave 15 minutes early since I had a ticket to see the Snowden Fathom event and they showed 15 minutes more of previews before Sully started than normal. Fathom Events normally start on time and Snowden was no exception.

Old 12-29-2016, 02:09 AM   #60
Power Member

Sep 2012

I recieved Sully and Snowden both with slip covers.

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Hot Deals > Movie and TV Deals > Retail/Shopping