Best Blu-ray Movie Deals

Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Japan Mexico
Arrow: A Journey's End (Blu-ray)
$5.99
13 hrs ago
Alastair Sim's School for Laughter: 4 Classic Comedies (Blu-ray)
$46.49

Color Out of Space 4K (Blu-ray)
$17.99

Richard Jewell (Blu-ray)
$19.96

3-D Rarities Volume II (Blu-ray)
$34.99
19 hrs ago
Deepwater Horizon 4K (Blu-ray)
$9.96
1 hr ago
Birds of Prey (And the Fantabulous Emancipation of One Harley Quinn) (Blu-ray)
$24.99

Little Women (Blu-ray)
$19.95

The Great Escape (Blu-ray)
$29.49

Inner Sanctum Mysteries (Blu-ray)
$46.49

Solid Metal Nightmares: The Films of Shinya Tsukamoto (Blu-ray)
$72.99

Doctor Who: The Complete David Tennant Collection (Blu-ray)
$14.99

What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Hot Deals > Movie and TV Deals > Retail/Shopping

Old 07-28-2018, 03:20 PM   #101
Hot Deals Moderator

Aug 2007
Michigan

So I placed an order last Saturday, and it finally shipped yesterday (Friday). This morning, I checked the tracking and it says that there was an attempted delivery by AMZL US, but they couldnít access my front door, which is impossible. I look to see that the delivery was attempted in a city almost an hour away from me.

I contacted Amazon via chat and they said they were rescheduling delivery and gave me a $5 gift card to use on my next order.

Itís not really Amazonís fault the delivery was so screwed up, but then again, they did hire these dopes to make deliveries.
Old 07-29-2018, 02:52 AM   #102
Blu-ray Knight

Jan 2017
Cow Country

Let me guess, the same address you've used for every order for the past ten or how many years?
Old 07-29-2018, 03:32 AM   #103
Hot Deals Moderator

Aug 2007
Michigan

My order ended up arriving at around 8pm. Not sure how it ended up almost an hour away this morning, but whatever. I was afraid that it would be delivered to someone else and they kept it, meaning Iíd have to go through the hassle of getting Amazon to send me another order.

I Googled it and apparently these gloried Uber delivery drivers are causing lots of headaches for customers.
Old 07-30-2018, 01:24 AM   #104
Blu-ray Ninja

Mar 2008
Quebec City, Canada

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blaze_Chamberlin View Post
My copy of Rick and Morty Season 3 that was scheduled for release day delivery got pushed back more than a week. I'm a prime member.
Weird, here in Canada as a prime member I have a one day shipping option and weekend days count everything I bought from amazon recently have been shipped the very next day and the packaging is awesome, sturdy boxes filled with airbag. Amazon.ca are doing a GREAT job.
Old 07-30-2018, 01:47 AM   #105
Blu-ray Baron

Jul 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by thelwig14 View Post
Last 3 orders have been damaged.

They are shipping my orders in an enormous white bubble mailer so my items donít have a chance to make it to me unscathed.
Imagine how items arrive when you're an international customer, like me.

My Phantom Thread Blu-ray - which had a beautiful slipcover - came almost bent in the middle.

Amazon UK packaging is simply much better. No flimsy bubble mailers. Never had a problem with them.
Old 07-30-2018, 03:26 AM   #106
Blu-ray Knight

Jan 2017
Cow Country

Really? The only time I ordered anything from Amazon UK to the US, a single blu-ray, it arrived in a tight cardboard envelope. I'm honestly astonished it made it in one piece. Maybe they pack them sturdier the further they go?
Old 07-30-2018, 03:35 AM   #107
Blu-ray Baron

Jul 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by shinobipopcorn View Post
Really? The only time I ordered anything from Amazon UK to the US, a single blu-ray, it arrived in a tight cardboard envelope. I'm honestly astonished it made it in one piece. Maybe they pack them sturdier the further they go?
Yeah, it's the cardboard envelope. Amazon UK is the online shop I order from most frequently, and I've always been satisfied with their packaging. I really can't recall any instance when an order arrived here in bad shape.

Can't say the same about Deep Discount, Import CDs, Amazon US etc.
Old 09-19-2018, 03:16 PM   #108

Dec 2013

I ordered both Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom and NCIS:LA Season 9 from Amazon earlier this week (I'm a Prime member). Fallen Kingdom had a delivery date of Thursday the 20th. There was recently a big hurricane near us this past weekend, so I figure the date was in response to that; understandable. Both items shipped this morning together, with a new delivery date of Monday the 24th...from AMZL US. This is the first time I've ever had them listed as a carrier. And after hearing all the stories about them on here, I decided to immediately cancel the delivery and I'll instead just go out to a store and physically buy my stuff that way.

I just don't want to deal with AMZL US after everything I've heard about them, but now I fear they'll start popping up as carriers for my deliveries more often.
Old 04-09-2019, 04:43 AM   #109
Special Member

Apr 2011
The Gulf

Sorry for numbing an old thread. I donít feel my post warrants a new thread. I am a Prime member and have been since they made it nationwide. Boxed shipments are almost unheard of, but today I received 3 new mailers. I had been getting the gold colored paper mailed with bubble libeling, then white w/ blue plastic mailer bags. Now today, 3 orders, 3 shipping locations, brown butcher paper style mailer with white fluff pellets inside. Almost resembled crushed packing peanuts but the size of sand grains. I donít know if this is trial or new way of doing things. 2 items need to be re-cased, 1 arrived fine. My concern lies in future shipments with larger items like say a TV season or an Arrow deluxe set. They can be pricey and easily damaged. Fortunately it was only a jewel case and a standard Blu amaray case today.

Anyone else getting these mailers? If so, how big? Mine have been single movie/2 CDs in a mailer.
Old 04-09-2019, 11:26 PM   #110
Blu-ray Knight

Jan 2017
Cow Country

I got a medicine organizer in the butcher mailer. Weird since that was a fragile item and could have been busted by some heavy box.
Old 04-10-2019, 02:38 AM   #111
Blu-ray Ninja

Feb 2010
Alabama

Quote:
Originally Posted by thecalm_7 View Post
Sorry for numbing an old thread. I don’t feel my post warrants a new thread. I am a Prime member and have been since they made it nationwide. Boxed shipments are almost unheard of, but today I received 3 new mailers. I had been getting the gold colored paper mailed with bubble libeling, then white w/ blue plastic mailer bags. Now today, 3 orders, 3 shipping locations, brown butcher paper style mailer with white fluff pellets inside. Almost resembled crushed packing peanuts but the size of sand grains. I don’t know if this is trial or new way of doing things. 2 items need to be re-cased, 1 arrived fine. My concern lies in future shipments with larger items like say a TV season or an Arrow deluxe set. They can be pricey and easily damaged. Fortunately it was only a jewel case and a standard Blu amaray case today.

Anyone else getting these mailers? If so, how big? Mine have been single movie/2 CDs in a mailer.
The packaging I get now from anybody is mostly the corrugated crappy cardboard ones that have sticky sides to keep it sealed together, crushing everything inside to varying degrees. Out of the last 10 Amazon orders I've had, only one came in the brown Amazon branded bubble mailers. Sometimes if I pre-order from Walmart, I'll get the smaller white plastic bubble mailers but that seems to only be if they farm the order out to a company in Memphis and it arrives by Fedex lol If I order more than 4 things at once, I MIGHT get a box... but they usually just use a larger sticky package instead.

You'd think companies would stop trying to cut costs so bad it means having to constantly replace items, but doesn't seem like they have common sense in that regard.
Old 04-10-2019, 02:57 AM   #112
Special Member

Apr 2011
The Gulf

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevin87 View Post
The packaging I get now from anybody is mostly the corrugated crappy cardboard ones that have sticky sides to keep it sealed together, crushing everything inside to varying degrees. Out of the last 10 Amazon orders I've had, only one came in the brown Amazon branded bubble mailers. Sometimes if I pre-order from Walmart, I'll get the smaller white plastic bubble mailers but that seems to only be if they farm the order out to a company in Memphis and it arrives by Fedex lol If I order more than 4 things at once, I MIGHT get a box... but they usually just use a larger sticky package instead.

You'd think companies would stop trying to cut costs so bad it means having to constantly replace items, but doesn't seem like they have common sense in that regard.
I detest those sandwich containers. B&N ships records like that and they were always damaged. Today I received the hemisphere of horror box in the new brown mailer envelope. Pretty banged up, which is a shame for a numbered item. Now my mailbox is littered with white puff too where the mailer was ripped in transit
Old 04-10-2019, 07:40 PM   #113
Special Member

Aug 2017

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevin87 View Post

They might if more people complained. Amazon makes it's livelihood off idiots or people who have more money than sense. Based on amazon reviews, it would seem that for most people, returning/exchanging a damaged or defective items is too much trouble - yet they don't mind taking the time to write a ridiculous review about their experience, as if everyone buying the item should expect it to arrive damaged too. What we need is a new forum, or social media outlet dedicated to outing online industry for bad packaging, bad shipping practices, and bad customer support. At amazon's current pace, such could end up with more traffic than Facebook.
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Hot Deals > Movie and TV Deals > Retail/Shopping