Best Blu-ray Movie Deals

Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Japan Mexico
Alastair Sim's School for Laughter: 4 Classic Comedies (Blu-ray)
$46.49
23 hrs ago
3-D Rarities Volume II (Blu-ray)
$34.99
10 hrs ago
Birds of Prey (And the Fantabulous Emancipation of One Harley Quinn) (Blu-ray)
$24.99

Little Women (Blu-ray)
$19.95

Galaxy Quest (Blu-ray)
$9.99

Richard Jewell (Blu-ray)
$19.96
16 hrs ago
Arrow: A Journey's End (Blu-ray)
$5.99
3 hrs ago
Solid Metal Nightmares: The Films of Shinya Tsukamoto (Blu-ray)
$72.99

The Great Escape (Blu-ray)
$29.49

Doctor Who: The Complete David Tennant Collection (Blu-ray)
$14.99
18 hrs ago
1917 4K (Blu-ray)
$29.99

Three Fantastic Journeys by Karel Zeman (Blu-ray)
$71.14
1 hr ago
What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Hot Deals > Movie and TV Deals

Old 09-07-2016, 02:04 PM   #41
Blu-ray Samurai

Feb 2014
Maine, USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underworld54 View Post
A retailer coming here to answer questions? My god that's refreshing. Way to go Bullmoose!
I didn't even know they had an account here, I've never seen a post from them before haha. Although, I'm pretty sure there are rules against retailer self advertising so I guess they had to wait until someone else made a thread.

I go to Bullmoose all the time, it helps that I live less than a mile away from a location. It's one of the few places left where you can go in, browse and be surprised by the wide selection. Makes me wish they had a ship to store pickup option when ordering online though.
Old 09-07-2016, 02:27 PM   #42
Special Member

Jan 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sector Drone View Post
Their website says:

How can I cancel an order?

Please email our web customer service to request cancellations of any kind. Please allow 24 hours for cancellation to be processed. A confirmation will be sent to you upon the order's cancellation. Orders can not be cancelled if they have already been processed for shipping.
I have had to cancel an order from Bullmoose once or twice and they are ALWAYS extremely prompt in responding and in canceling the items. I have had nothing but pleasant transactions with Bullmoose - I can't recommend them highly enough and wish they had a retail location in Manhattan!
Old 09-07-2016, 03:48 PM   #43
Blu-ray Samurai

Sep 2010
NYC

How do you earn points? Do you have to have a store card?
Old 09-07-2016, 04:30 PM   #44

Dec 2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by frakking toaster View Post
How do you earn points? Do you have to have a store card?
No, you just have to have an account. It is all stored online.
Thanks given by:
frakking toaster (09-07-2016)
Old 09-07-2016, 05:41 PM   #45
Blu-ray Ninja

Oct 2011
Arizona, USA

How do the points apply? Is it similar to Best Buy or Criterion where if you meet a threshold of points accumulated or money spent you get a specified amount of money as a reward? Or do you not have to wait for those thresholds and it's a constantly changing amount with every order? Anyone know what thresholds there may possibly be?
Old 09-07-2016, 05:43 PM   #46
Blu-ray Ninja

Oct 2011
Arizona, USA

Oh yeah and I've ordered from Bullmoose once to get the Pieces puzzle and they were great. I've been monitoring their prices on BDs for awhile and am looking to make an order with them very soon. They may well turn into a regular place to shop for me.
Old 09-07-2016, 05:56 PM   #47

Dec 2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlk5844 View Post
How do the points apply? Is it similar to Best Buy or Criterion where if you meet a threshold of points accumulated or money spent you get a specified amount of money as a reward? Or do you not have to wait for those thresholds and it's a constantly changing amount with every order? Anyone know what thresholds there may possibly be?
I believe it works like this.

If you have enough points you get half of the title. So if you buy a title that is $5 and you have enough points it brings it to like $2.50. Irrc, I may be wrong but it is something like that. You can't change the amount you just build them up and then use them on certain amounts.

Last edited by neoz; 09-07-2016 at 06:59 PM.
Thanks given by:
jlk5844 (09-08-2016)
Old 09-07-2016, 06:56 PM   #48
Blu-ray Samurai

Feb 2014
Maine, USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by neoz View Post

If you have enough points you get half of the title. So if you buy a titles that is $5 and you have enough points it brings it to like $2.50. Irrc, I may be wrong but it is something like that. You can't change the amount you just build them up and then use them on certain amounts.
That's correct. So if you have, say 27 points, you could buy a $26 item for half off ($13.00) and use 26 points up. Or with those 27 points, you could buy (5) different $5 items and get them for $2.50 each and use up 25 points. Whatever you don't use, still remains on your account so it isn't an all or nothing deal either, as long as your point value is higher than the dollar value, you can use them.

You can continue to accumulate points for as long as you want too. To my knowledge, they never expire, I went a good long stretch without buying anything and they were still on my account.
Thanks given by:
jlk5844 (09-08-2016)
Old 09-07-2016, 07:10 PM   #49
Blu-ray Samurai

Nov 2010
USA

Also Bull Moose of you are listening.....accepting Paypal would be nice. Also is there a temp authorization charge when you order? One that falls off later? Im about to place a big order but if that money is going to be held I can't.
Old 09-07-2016, 07:33 PM   #50

Aug 2009
USA

Thanks for the answer. I found that after I posted. I appreciate the help. Thanks.
Old 09-07-2016, 07:41 PM   #51
Blu-ray Samurai

Nov 2010
USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by PuppetMasterBlu View Post
Also Bull Moose of you are listening.....accepting Paypal would be nice. Also is there a temp authorization charge when you order? One that falls off later? Im about to place a big order but if that money is going to be held I can't.
Anyone? I would love to place this order.
Old 09-07-2016, 08:01 PM   #52

Dec 2009

Don't think they will do Paypal as it isn't always in the best interest for small companies. I'm sure it isn't cheap and I would hate for then to have to pass that cost onto the customer. As far as preorders? Not sure as I have never preordered from them. They may be like most companies and charge and then it drops off after a few days.
Old 09-07-2016, 08:26 PM   #53
Special Member

Jan 2012

Quote:
When I have ordered from them they charge my credit card as soon as the order is processed. If you are talking about pre-orders then I don't have any experience with that unfortunately, so I can't say.
Old 09-07-2016, 08:31 PM   #54
Blu-ray Ninja

Apr 2007
US
-
-
-

Quote:
From the FAQ's on theire site:

11. When will you charge my credit card?

We will charge your credit card right before your order ships.
Old 09-07-2016, 08:59 PM   #55

Mar 2014

Quote:
Thanks for the questions. We don't accept Paypal right now.

We run a really small authorization when you place your order. It won't tie up your available credit but it will let us both know if you fatfingered your CVV code (or something else) before before it matters.
Old 09-07-2016, 09:18 PM   #56

Mar 2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by neoz View Post

If you have enough points you get half of the title. So if you buy a title that is $5 and you have enough points it brings it to like $2.50. Irrc, I may be wrong but it is something like that. You can't change the amount you just build them up and then use them on certain amounts.
That's exactly right! It's almost like you don't need us here

Quote:
Originally Posted by hariseldon View Post
Looks like they registered a couple years ago and I remember them posting a couple times in a similar thread, but then disappeared.

Unfortunately any retailer who actively participates here is going to have to have a massively thick skin, because anything and everything will be blamed on them whether they have control or not. It's also a fine line to keep to forum rules about self promotion, etc so it's tricky. Hopefully a small store who is trying hard will get a bit of lee-way on the letter of the law

It's happened before and folks decided it just wasn't worth the hassle and abuse -- shipping delay, weather delays, delayed preorder, cancelled releases, general MSRP. Hopefully it will be different this time, but I'm not optismistic

OTOH, welcome back Mr Moose and hope you become a regular.

It appears that if you help with FS on a smaller order then Gift Certificates do push you over the limit which is nice if you plan to buy other items down the line and maybe just want something like Th Iron Giant for $8. It looks like GC are available in 15/25/50 increments

Is there any other method to qualify for FS -- frequent buyers club or something like BN Annual membership?
We try to keep things simple. Free shipping is at around $29.95 or something like that. The Frequent Buyers Card (which is virtual if you don't visit the store) gets you discounts as described above. You can have both free shipping and the discount on the same order, but you can't use your points to get free shipping.

As Mike knows, we have been beat up online before. People tend to stick up for us when someone is way out of line. And if we're in the wrong, constructive criticism should help us do better next time. The real nasty stuff is all related to vinyl records so it shouldn't be an issue here.

Self-promotion feels icky to us so we are very mindful about that. Do you think answering questions about our policies and maybe occasionally tracking down details on bonus features will be a problem? If we cross the line it will be accidental.

Also, sorry to everybody that we got low on the Iron Giant box yesterday. The long weekend slowed down shipping but we got more today.
Thanks given by:
MifuneFan (09-07-2016), neoz (09-07-2016)
Old 09-07-2016, 09:36 PM   #57

Dec 2009

I have never had an issue with you guys. Any problem that I ever had was sorted out and fixed.
Old 09-07-2016, 11:00 PM   #58
Blu-ray Baron

May 2011
Parts Unknown - because I blabbed about Mars!
-
-

A couple of questions. I apologize if they've already been asked and answered. (If so, someone feel free to point me to those posts.)

1. For preorders, if the price is lowered within the preorder period, do we get the lower price?

2. Do you take PayPal? If not, are there any plans for it?

Thanks.
Old 09-07-2016, 11:14 PM   #59

Dec 2009

Here you go.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaBargainHunta View Post
2. Do you take PayPal? If not, are there any plans for it?

Thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bull Moose View Post
Thanks for the questions. We don't accept Paypal right now.

We run a really small authorization when you place your order. It won't tie up your available credit but it will let us both know if you fatfingered your CVV code (or something else) before before it matters.
Thanks given by:
DaBargainHunta (09-07-2016)
Old 09-08-2016, 12:02 AM   #60
Expert Member

Oct 2006
The Good Place...Maybe

I have to say I'm a bit disappointed with Bullmoose's site of late. Normally, when I order something and it gets shipped, I get a tracking number and everything. The past two orders I have made - Willy Wonka and The Iron Giant- have only had a tracking number supplied *after* the disc arrived at my house. Actually, in the case of "The Iron Giant" no tracking number and no disc yet (I live in MA and it usually takes two days at the most to get here).

Don't start slipping now, guys. I've been singing your praises quite a bit of late.
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Hot Deals > Movie and TV Deals

Tags
bull, bull moose, bullmoose, moose