Best Nintendo Switch Game Deals

Best Nintendo Switch Game Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Japan Mexico
Ni no Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch (Switch)
$29.99

Fire Emblem: Three Houses (Switch)
$44.99

Disgaea 4 Complete+ (Switch)
$29.99

LEGO Marvel Superheroes 2 (Switch)
$14.99

Blacksad: Under The Skin (Switch)
$19.99

Risk of Rain 2 (Switch)
$22.09
5 hrs ago
Reel Fishing: Road Trip Adventure (Switch)
$9.90

Mortal Kombat 11 (Switch)
$24.99

Wolfenstein II: The New Colossus (Switch)
$29.97

A Hat In Time (Switch)
$29.99

Fire Emblem Warriors (Switch)
$24.49

Sparklite (Switch)
$14.99

What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Gaming > Nintendo > Nintendo Switch

Old 06-05-2017, 04:54 PM   #21
Blu-ray Samurai

Feb 2015
Austin, TX

Quote:
Originally Posted by dyne View Post
Images seem to be broken.

Could you imagine this with Monster Hunter in the same year? No way Nintendo could meet demand.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mavrick View Post
might have to click the neogaf link to see the pictures couldn't get them to work on my phone don't know why.
Right click the broken image and do "open in new tab" and it'll take you to a functioning imgur page
Old 06-05-2017, 05:53 PM   #22
Blu-ray Samurai

Mar 2010
Salt Lake City
Send a message via AIM to RaijinUT

And if the Switch wasn't hard enough to find already...

Q4 will have this, Mario, Mario & Rabbids, Monster Hunter, Xeno 2, Fire Emblem and whatever other surprises (Metroid? Smash?? VC Netflix like pass???) Nintendo hits us with next week.

I guess that is why retailers keep saying they expect the Switch to be sold out for the rest of the year.

Last edited by RaijinUT; 06-05-2017 at 06:49 PM.
Old 06-05-2017, 06:55 PM   #23
Blu-ray Baron

Jun 2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaijinUT View Post

Q4 will have this, Mario, Mario & Rabbids, Monster Hunter, Xeno 2, Fire Emblem and whatever other surprises (Metroid? Smash?? VC Netflix like pass???) Nintendo hits us with next week.

I guess that is why retailers keep saying they expect the Switch to be sold out for the rest of the year.
Good for Nintendo this is what they needed IF anything next year give us a proper StarFox Switch, F-Zero Switch, and Metroid Switch, the ability to download and run Legacy games from my memory card and then switch = best system ever
Old 06-05-2017, 07:15 PM   #24
Power Member

Jul 2009
Bayonne, NJ, USA

If Stars is real, the Switch pretty much guaranteed a spot on my "forever" shelf. Cautiously excited. I want to believe, but I don't think I do.
Old 06-05-2017, 08:13 PM   #25
Blu-ray Baron

Oct 2012
New York

Quote:

That's a good thing. The more Switches that sell, the more inclined 3rd parties are to make Switch a priority. Capcom recently announced Mega Man Legacy 2, its only coming to Xbox and PS4. Not even 3DS is getting it... That's BS. The Switch should get it too.
Old 06-05-2017, 08:29 PM   #26
Blu-ray Champion

Feb 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarface32 View Post
That's a good thing. The more Switches that sell, the more inclined 3rd parties are to make Switch a priority. Capcom recently announced Mega Man Legacy 2, its only coming to Xbox and PS4. Not even 3DS is getting it... That's BS. The Switch should get it too.
I fear 3rd parties will never make it a priority. Will they make more games for it if it has a monster install base? Sure, but look what happened with the Wii. That had the best install base but got mostly shovelware for the quick buck. The architecture is too far behind for 3rd parties to make development on the system a priority and release AAA games for it.
Old 06-05-2017, 08:33 PM   #27
Blu-ray Baron

Oct 2012
New York

Quote:
I fear 3rd parties will never make it a priority. Will they make more games for it if it has a monster install base? Sure, but look what happened with the Wii. That had the best install base but got mostly shovelware for the quick buck. The architecture is too far behind for 3rd parties to make development on the system a priority and release AAA games for it.
The main method of controlling games on the Wii is the Wii Remote and motion controls. Although it also has a Classic Controller, most developers ignored it.* They saw the Wii as a challenge to convert their traditional controls to, so oftentimes they didn't bother. Switch does have traditional controls.

*Most likely Nintendo forced them to include motion controls, or else why would Ed Boon bother to add motion controls to Mortal Kombat Deception, as well as traditional Classic Controller functionality?
Old 06-05-2017, 08:40 PM   #28
Blu-ray Champion

Feb 2011

Quote:
The main method of controlling games on the Wii is the Wii Remote and motion controls. Although it also has a Classic Controller, most developers ignored it. They saw the Wii as a challenge to convert their traditional controls to, so oftentimes they didn't bother. Switch does have traditional controls.
Very strongly disagree. They chose to use motion or not, it was never forced. The main issue was the completely different architecture (Power PC) and how many sales they could realistically get out of a port. Out of 101 million systems they probably figured at least 90 million just bought it for Wii Sports and would never pick up another game, leaving a 10 million install base over the lifetime. The cost and time to port (not even to mention the costs of building one from the ground up) a game to the Wii when looking at pretty bleak sales turned developers away, not the optional control scheme.
Old 06-05-2017, 08:58 PM   #29
Blu-ray Samurai

Mar 2010
Salt Lake City

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiyo_chichi View Post
If Stars is real, the Switch pretty much guaranteed a spot on my "forever" shelf. Cautiously excited. I want to believe, but I don't think I do.
I would be shocked it if it isn't. Nintendo is emailing all of their YouTube partners to promote the event like crazy. Nintendo only does that if the event has something big.
Old 06-05-2017, 09:19 PM   #30
Blu-ray Samurai

Mar 2010
Salt Lake City

Quote:
Major US 3rd party don't need Nintendo to succeed anymore. These companies haven't supported Nintendo for 2+ generations now. Only thing that likely ever change that would be a huge install base of the Switch and a major screw up by Sony (much like how people are abandoning the xbox1).

This E3 looks to be Sony vs Nintendo for the 1st time in years. I hope this starts these studios changing their minds about Nintendo, but I think the only major AAA games we will see for the Switch will be from the Japanese 3rd party developers like Square, Capcom, Bandai, Sega, Atlus, Tecmo Koei, and From Software.

For the US ones, Maybe COD (Activision) and Assassin Creed (Ubi) will see life on the Switch. Not expecting anything that EA has from the Frostbite engine to ever come to the Switch as EA isn't going to invest in Nintendo.
Old 06-05-2017, 09:21 PM   #31
Blu-ray Baron

Jun 2008

Quote:
Major US 3rd party don't need Nintendo to succeed anymore. These companies haven't supported Nintendo for 2+ generations now. Only that likely ever change that would be a huge install base of the Switch and a major screw up by Sony (much like how people are abandoning the xbox1).

This E3 looks to be Sony vs Nintendo for the 1st time in years. I hope this starts these studios changing their minds about Nintendo, but I think the only major AAA games we will see for the Switch will be from the Japanese 3rd party developers like Square, Capcom, Bandai, Sega, Atlus, Tecmo Koei, and From Software.

For the US ones, Maybe COD and Assassin Creed will see life on the Switch. Not expecting anything that EA has from the Frostbite engine to ever come to the Switch as EA isn't going to invest in Nintendo.
Except Nintendo has said they do not intend to have a huge E3 presence I dont even think they have a conference scheduled
Old 06-05-2017, 09:25 PM   #32
Blu-ray Baron

Oct 2012
New York

Quote:
Originally Posted by R3P0 View Post
Except Nintendo has said they do not intend to have a huge E3 presence I dont even think they have a conference scheduled
Nintendo has two rooms booked, and NVidia has a booth next to Nintendo's.
Old 06-05-2017, 09:29 PM   #33
Gaming Moderator

Dec 2008
Wales

I think we need to compare 3rd part support for the Switch to the 3DS or any other handheld Nintendo have released. They have always had 3rd party support that didn't need to compare to console versions, and in some cases th had a lot of exclusive 3rd party games that were simply much better games than anything on a home console.

I don't think Nintendo needs to worry about getting ports of the annual cod or fifa when they are getting support equivalent to their past handhelds.
Old 06-05-2017, 09:31 PM   #34
Gaming Moderator

Dec 2008
Wales

Quote:
They just have their Direct and Treehouse streams online as well as the booths in the hall.
Old 06-05-2017, 09:49 PM   #35
Blu-ray Samurai

Mar 2010
Salt Lake City

Quote:
Nintendo has twice the space that Microsoft at this year's event. Sony is still the largest by far but Nintendo's has the next largest area for e3 2017. One would think that Nintendo has something to show off if they booked that much space.

Nintendo might not have a conference that the others have... but it seems like that Nintendo will have a fair amount of games to show off during their e3 Nintendo direct. Assuming those games probably being all playable on the floor as Nintendo's E3 2017 focus is their 2017 Switch lineup.
Hopefully that generates a lot of buzz for Nintendo.
Old 06-05-2017, 10:21 PM   #36
Gaming Moderator

Dec 2008
Wales

I actually wouldn't mind if it was a proper Red/Blue remake. Maybe not the right word to use, but this year they are releasing a new film reimagining the original Anime. So a game along the same lines would be pretty great. I'd love a game that encompases the original Kanto/Jhoto regions in one game with a storyline carrying on 20 years after the original. So many things could be done with that.

We are also due a Diamond and Pear remake this generation if they stick to the previous release pattern.

A Gold Silver Crystal eShop release like last years Red Blue Yellow would be cool too.
Thanks given by:
Diesel (06-05-2017)
Old 06-05-2017, 10:23 PM   #37
Blu-ray Baron

Oct 2012
New York

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mavrick View Post
I think we need to compare 3rd part support for the Switch to the 3DS or any other handheld Nintendo have released. They have always had 3rd party support that didn't need to compare to console versions, and in some cases th had a lot of exclusive 3rd party games that were simply much better games than anything on a home console.

I don't think Nintendo needs to worry about getting ports of the annual cod or fifa when they are getting support equivalent to their past handhelds.
I wanna see Persona 5 on the Switch, as well as (if it ever gets released ) Kingdom Hearts 3.

I also want Nintendo to localize some Japanese Switch games. Yes I can just import it, but without an English option it's gonna be hard to play.
Thanks given by:
RaijinUT (06-05-2017)
Old 06-05-2017, 10:32 PM   #38
Blu-ray Baron

Oct 2012
New York

My most treasured Pokémon game is my Pokémon Yellow Gameboy cart, it contains all 151 (yes, including Mew) Pokémon in numbered order on Bill's PC. And given how annoyingly hard it was to organize Pokémon in the boxes on Bill's PC in red/blue/yellow, that's a double achievement. And I do mean ALL 151, as in Bulbasaur, Ivysaur, and Venusaur. Not just a Venusaur and a Pokédex entry for the other two. Also, every Pokémon is level 100.
Old 06-05-2017, 10:42 PM   #39
Gaming Moderator

Dec 2008
Wales

Quote:
My most treasured Pokémon game is my Pokémon Yellow Gameboy cart, it contains all 151 (yes, including Mew) Pokémon in numbered order on Bill's PC. And given how annoyingly hard it was to organize Pokémon in the boxes on Bill's PC in red/blue/yellow, that's a double achievement. And I do mean ALL 151, as in Bulbasaur, Ivysaur, and Venusaur. Not just a Venusaur and a Pokédex entry for the other two.
I think Blue was the only game I got all 151. Although my US import of Gold may well have had all 251 don't think I got multiples for the pre evolutions in that though.

I remember buying each game too, I would get both so that I could restart one over 2 times to get all three starters at the very beginning of the game

I was way in to Pokemon then and my carts for Blue and Gold I think come close to 800 hours maybe more. Only other game I played with that amount of time invested is Destiny, sitting at around 800 hours on that.

I can't believe it took a decade to discover how to legitimately get Mew in Pokemon Blue/Red. I put it to use on the eShop versions last year and made sure I got him ASAP, he really is a beast in those games.
Old 06-05-2017, 10:46 PM   #40
Blu-ray Baron

Oct 2012
New York

I also forgot to mention, my Pikachu in Yellow knows Surf and I've played the Surfing Pikachu mini game in Yellow a lot
Thanks given by:
Mavrick (06-05-2017)
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Gaming > Nintendo > Nintendo Switch