Best Blu-ray Movie Deals

Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Japan Mexico
Color Out of Space 4K (Blu-ray)
$17.99
21 hrs ago
Death Note: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$14.96
4 hrs ago
Angel Has Fallen 4K (Blu-ray)
$14.96
11 hrs ago
Ponyo (Blu-ray)
$21.49

Richard Jewell (Blu-ray)
$19.96

Arrow: A Journey's End (Blu-ray)
$5.99

Angel Has Fallen (Blu-ray)
$12.96
9 hrs ago
Alastair Sim's School for Laughter: 4 Classic Comedies (Blu-ray)
$46.49

Tom & Jerry: Golden Collection, Volume One (Blu-ray)
$21.49

Solid Metal Nightmares: The Films of Shinya Tsukamoto (Blu-ray)
$72.99

Hellboy 4K (Blu-ray)
$12.96
10 hrs ago
Uncut Gems (Blu-ray)
$19.99

What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Audio > Music / Audiophiles > Vinyl and Old School Music

Old 02-16-2017, 09:38 PM   #1

Mar 2010
San Clemente, CA
Default Heresy II for turntable set up

found a pair of heresy ii's on craigslist for $500. Going to listen to them tomorrow. Have a read a ton but haven't heard them myself. Lots of comments on a thinner sound or lacking deep bass. Anyone have experience with these? I'd be using them in a smaller house so I don't need too much and i mostly play classic rock (beatles, floyd) and mellow shit (iron and wine, norah jones). I've had my eye on the heresy III but for $2,000/pair thats pretty unrealistic for me at this point.

trying to decide whether or not to pull the trigger...obviously need to hear them first but...ya know...
Old 03-02-2017, 03:49 AM   #2
Blu-ray Guru

Sep 2008
Apple Valley, MN

Herseys are excellent speakers. Very detailed and have a large soundstage. I have the model 1's for over 7 years and I love them. They are not super bass intensive, true, but they provide very detailed mids and highs and that's what I like about them. Most speakers lose all that detail in muddy bass, I've found.

I was perfectly happy with them for 4 years as-is, and then I bought a nice subwoofer and they are even better now with a little bit more bass, but not enough to overwhelm and drown out the music. I think you will like them. I mainly listen to rock (Journey, Foreigner, etc) and disco/pop like the Bee Gees.
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Audio > Music / Audiophiles > Vinyl and Old School Music