Best Nintendo Switch Game Deals

Best Nintendo Switch Game Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Japan Mexico
Mutant Year Zero: Road to Eden (Switch)
$9.99

LEGO Marvel Superheroes 2 (Switch)
$14.99

Ni no Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch (Switch)
$29.99

Mortal Kombat 11 (Switch)
$24.99

A Hat In Time (Switch)
$29.99

Dusk Diver (Switch)
$39.95
4 hrs ago
Xenoblade Chronicles 2: Torna ~ The Golden Country (Switch)
$24.97

Sparklite (Switch)
$14.99

Resident Evil Origins Collection (Switch)
$31.88
4 hrs ago
Darksiders Genesis (Switch)
$33.88

Vampyr (Switch)
$29.99

God Eater 3 (Switch)
$29.99

What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Gaming > Nintendo > Nintendo Switch

Old 01-25-2019, 02:52 PM   #41
Blu-ray Guru

Oct 2012

I hope they will release the rumored Metroid Prime Trilogy on the Switch to help tide us over for the delay.
Thanks given by:
ScarredLungs (01-25-2019)
Old 01-25-2019, 03:16 PM   #42
Blu-ray Baron

Mar 2007
Chattanooga, TN

Geez you have to wonder now, will this thing even make it out for this generation? We're almost into year 3 of the Switch. If this is treated like a major AAA project, we are looking at a MINIMUM of 3 years of development time. However long games like Mario Odyssey and Zelda BOTW took to make, that's what you can expect it take Retro to make MP4, especially starting completely from scratch.
Old 01-25-2019, 03:55 PM   #43
Blu-ray Baron

Oct 2012
New York

Starting from scratch does NOT equal cancelled. Cancelled means itís never coming out. You should change the incorrect title.
Old 01-25-2019, 04:10 PM   #44
Blu-ray Baron

Mar 2007
Chattanooga, TN

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarface32 View Post
Starting from scratch does NOT equal cancelled. Cancelled means it’s never coming out. You should change the incorrect title.
I think we get the gest. Besides, it may very well be cancelled in the sense that it may not be called Metroid Prime 4 anymore. It might be a different title when it's all said and done.
Old 01-25-2019, 04:33 PM   #45
Blu-ray Champion

Feb 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steelmaker View Post
Geez you have to wonder now, will this thing even make it out for this generation? We're almost into year 3 of the Switch. If this is treated like a major AAA project, we are looking at a MINIMUM of 3 years of development time. However long games like Mario Odyssey and Zelda BOTW took to make, that's what you can expect it take Retro to make MP4, especially starting completely from scratch.
Probably end up being their end of life/cross gen game (Twilight Princess, Breath of the Wild) unless they keep with the same Nvidia chips for the next system and our library plays on that.
Old 01-25-2019, 04:44 PM   #46
Gaming Moderator

Dec 2008
Wales

Quote:
Starting from scratch does NOT equal cancelled. Cancelled means itís never coming out. You should change the incorrect title.
The game Bandai Namco (if it was indeed them) were making is never going to see the light of day, hence cancelled. Retro's game is starting from scratch, different gameplay, design, graphics, everything? So wholly new game.
Old 01-25-2019, 06:05 PM   #47
Blu-ray Champion

Feb 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mavrick View Post
The game Bandai Namco (if it was indeed them) were making is never going to see the light of day, hence cancelled. Retro's game is starting from scratch, different gameplay, design, graphics, everything? So wholly new game.
You're starting something that will never end.
Old 01-25-2019, 06:32 PM   #48
Power Member

Jun 2010

Lame, but I'd rather them get it right. The Metroid franchise has been near death for ages, a terrible MP4 would probably kill it for good.

Just sucks it's now probably 2-3+ years off with starting over on development as it's one of the few announced Switch exclusives I was excited for. If Animal Crossing doesn't grab me I'll have to think long and hard about whether to keep my Switch or sell off and maybe rebuy down the road if there's a Switch Pro or Switch 2 out when Metroid Prime 4 finally hits.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mavrick View Post
I wonder, if they haven't got any other marque titles then maybe they go with Pokemon Gen 8 as their big E3 title. They don't tend to focus a lot on Pokemon reveals at E3 but unless they have something else that will be a total surprise I don't think there is a better game, at least they know it will be out around November unless it's affected by a release date reshuffle.

I wonder if Bandai Namco were the main developer all along. Was asking for trouble all along if that really was the case.
It's not like they have a real E3 presence anyway since they stopped doing presentations live and just release directs and Treehouse footage and have some floor space for people to demo things. Pokemon is enough for that, they can hype it up as the first console/HD mainline Pokemon game.

That said, they could scale back even more if they wanted. Sony is skipping E3 entirely this year so it's not going to have that much buzz anyway as it will mostly be Microsoft who won't have much new to show--just more Gears 5 and Halo Infinite as flagship games and the third party publishers.
Old 01-26-2019, 03:15 AM   #49
Entertainment Moderator

Jan 2009
-
-
-
-
-

November 2021. Book it.

(Feel free to quote me then when I am wrong )
Thanks given by:
TecmoZack (11-11-2019)
Old 01-26-2019, 04:39 AM   #50
Blu-ray Baron

Oct 2012
New York

Quote:
Originally Posted by dyne View Post
You're starting something that will never end.
I don't respond to obvious trolling.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diesel View Post
November 2021. Book it.

(Feel free to quote me then when I am wrong )
I'm thinking if Retro has a good turnaround, they could get this out at the end of 2020. Some people online are saying 2022 but I think that's exaggerating.

2021 is a good guess, but I'm going to stick with my 2020 prediction.
Old 01-27-2019, 01:13 AM   #51
Blu-ray Guru

May 2010
Riverside, CA

I still have three sealed copies of the original steelbook for the wii.
Thanks given by:
TecmoZack (11-11-2019)
Old 01-27-2019, 06:34 AM   #52

Oct 2012
Louisiana

Holding onto them until their value plummets when they announce the remasters?
Old 01-28-2019, 02:31 AM   #53
Blu-ray Baron

Mar 2007
Chattanooga, TN

Quote:
Originally Posted by scarface32 View Post

2021 is a good guess, but i'm going to stick with my 2020 prediction.
lmao!!!
Old 01-28-2019, 02:55 AM   #54
Blu-ray Baron

Oct 2012
New York

Quote:
lmao!!!
Thanks for your vote of confidence.

There is a good possibility Iím wrong, but I still believe it. And I was right about other release dates, people said "there is no way Nintendo is keeping the 2018 release date for Smash" and I was like "Yes they will"
Old 01-28-2019, 12:32 PM   #55
Blu-ray Baron

Mar 2007
Chattanooga, TN

Quote:
Thanks for your vote of confidence.

There is a good possibility I’m wrong, but I still believe it. And I was right about other release dates, people said "there is no way Nintendo is keeping the 2018 release date for Smash" and I was like "Yes they will"
They are starting from scratch. How can you possibly expect a less than 2 year turnaround on a major AAA game? Put if this way, if this game comes out in 2020, I'm officially worried about it. This isn't the 16 bit era where dev studios were churning out 1 or more new games per year. If Retro is pouring any ambition and production quality into this game whatsoever, you're looking at 3 years MINIMUM for this game to come out. We'll probably be playing it on Switch 2.
Old 01-28-2019, 01:51 PM   #56
Blu-ray Champion

Feb 2011

Quote:
They are starting from scratch. How can you possibly expect a less than 2 year turnaround on a major AAA game? Put if this way, if this game comes out in 2020, I'm officially worried about it. This isn't the 16 bit era where dev studios were churning out 1 or more new games per year. If Retro is pouring any ambition and production quality into this game whatsoever, you're looking at 3 years MINIMUM for this game to come out. We'll probably be playing it on Switch 2.
Yup. It'll take them the rest of '19 just to get the concept, story and vertical slice done. '20 to build and '21 to polish.
Thanks given by:
Steelmaker (01-28-2019)
Old 01-28-2019, 04:11 PM   #57
Blu-ray Baron

Oct 2012
New York

Quote:
Yeah but now we have things like Unreal Engine, devs don’t need to spend X number of years making their own anymore. Cuts down on development time.

I read that the majority of the development time with Breath of the Wild was just making the engine.
Old 01-28-2019, 05:49 PM   #58
Blu-ray Baron

Mar 2007
Chattanooga, TN

Quote:
Yeah but now we have things like Unreal Engine, devs don’t need to spend X number of years making their own anymore. Cuts down on development time.

I read that the majority of the development time with Breath of the Wild was just making the engine.
Won't happen. If this thing is on shelves holiday 2020, it's either a horrible rush job (which Retro doesn't do) or it's a 3 hour long campaign. Holiday 2021 is the earliest we will see this on store shelves.
Old 01-28-2019, 06:07 PM   #59
Entertainment Moderator

Jan 2009
-
-
-
-
-

Iím more interested in what fills the Metroid slot now on their internal calendar they mentioned.
Old 01-28-2019, 06:14 PM   #60
Blu-ray Baron

Oct 2012
New York

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diesel View Post
I’m more interested in what fills the Metroid slot now on their internal calendar they mentioned.
Pikmin 4, maybe
Thanks given by:
Steelmaker (01-28-2019)
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Gaming > Nintendo > Nintendo Switch