Best Blu-ray Movie Deals

Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Japan Mexico
Arrow: A Journey's End (Blu-ray)
$5.99
16 hrs ago
Dodsworth (Blu-ray)
$17.99
1 hr ago
Alastair Sim's School for Laughter: 4 Classic Comedies (Blu-ray)
$46.49

The Great Escape (Blu-ray)
$29.49

Tom & Jerry: Golden Collection, Volume One (Blu-ray)
$21.49
5 hrs ago
Little Women (Blu-ray)
$19.95

3-D Rarities Volume II (Blu-ray)
$34.99
22 hrs ago
Birds of Prey (And the Fantabulous Emancipation of One Harley Quinn) (Blu-ray)
$24.99

Richard Jewell (Blu-ray)
$19.96

Birds of Prey (And the Fantabulous Emancipation of One Harley Quinn) 4K (Blu-ray)
$29.99

Solid Metal Nightmares: The Films of Shinya Tsukamoto (Blu-ray)
$72.99

1917 4K (Blu-ray)
$29.99

What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Hot Deals > Movie and TV Deals > Retail/Shopping

Old 09-13-2017, 03:07 AM   #21
Blu-ray Samurai

Mar 2011

Best Buy uses that cardboard sandwich that DeepDiscount uses. You might get a squished slipcover but the cases generally arrive okay, including SteelBooks. There's all that extra space on the sides and it's pretty rigid, after all.
Old 09-13-2017, 03:08 AM   #22
Power Member

Sep 2014
California

Every f***ing book I order from Amazon arrives damage. It's so annoying.
Thanks given by:
Jett Rink (09-13-2017), John.Gotti (09-13-2017)
Old 09-13-2017, 03:09 AM   #23

Nov 2016
Just don't.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChaosHD View Post
From 1999 to january 2016, everything i ordered from Amazon was shipped in a box. Then throughout 2016 i noticed that more and more packages were coming in a padded envelope. And now this year, everything has come in a padded envelope, not one box. Even when i ordered five discs at once, they arrived in two separate padded envelopes instead of a box even though they were shipped the same day. Pathetic.
Same, pretty much; used to be boxes all the time but everything that's a film comes in a padded envelope now. Everything; so much so it simply has to be policy because I never get boxes even if I buy multiple items. Extra large, pricey limited/special edition box-set (ala Hellraiser)? Extra large (non-pricey) padded envelope! Same with Donnie Darko, same with Citizen Kane, same with the Seinfeld DVD set, etc.

Meanwhile my wife gets a box of pencils in a box with those air-filled pouches. It's that inconsistency that gets me; if they were trying to save money why is it expensive films that are targeted?
Thanks given by:
fdm (03-07-2018)
Old 09-13-2017, 03:34 AM   #24
Blu-ray Guru

Jan 2015
Los Angeles-ish, CA

What will sometimes work is to order enough items together that they have to use a box.

Though even when I say "Group together in as few shipments as possible" then sometimes they end up coming from different centers and some/all get downgraded to envelopes anyway.

Still, ordering 4-5 Blu's, books, etc. together will get you a better shot at a box.
Old 09-13-2017, 03:35 AM   #25
Blu-ray Ninja

Feb 2010
Alabama

I don't mind the padded envelopes, I don't remember getting stuff in boxes anyway unless I buy multiple movies, or it's a Pop, or it's a bunch of different stuff and then they had it shrinkwrapped together so they wouldn't get messed up.

I'd take padded envelopes anyway over those terrible sticky cardboard things that Best Buy, Target, and DMC use. Those are ridiculous. Either the slipcover is trashed or the case is broken.
Old 09-13-2017, 03:52 AM   #26
Blu-ray Baron

Jul 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevin87 View Post
I'd take padded envelopes anyway over those terrible sticky cardboard things that Best Buy, Target, and DMC use. Those are ridiculous. Either the slipcover is trashed or the case is broken.
DeepDiscount always use those. I have stopped ordering from them. Eco cases invariably arrive bent or crushed.
Old 09-13-2017, 03:56 AM   #27
Blu-ray Prince

Oct 2007
Metropolis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Martin_31 View Post
Every f***ing book I order from Amazon arrives damage. It's so annoying.
I stopped ordering books from Amazon due to their sloppy, careless packaging. This despite having Prime.

Last edited by Clark Kent; 09-14-2017 at 07:11 AM.
Old 09-13-2017, 04:09 AM   #28
Blu-ray Baron

Jul 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by hariseldon View Post
Since Deep Discount, Blowitoutofhere, importCD, BN, FYE, BN, TCM, WBSHOP (except some WAC), a good deal of Target/BBY/Walmart Movies all come from teh same fulfillment warehouse it not shocking they use the same packaging.
importCD too? Damn it! I ordered something from them just days ago...
Old 09-13-2017, 04:10 AM   #29
Blu-ray Champion

Dec 2008
Albany NY

They need to stop sending collectible soft cover books in padded envelopes, there's zero chance it makes it to you in good condition. I had to get a replacement, and if that one's comes damaged I'll keep doing it until I get one I'm happy with.
Old 09-13-2017, 04:10 AM   #30
Special Member

Aug 2015

In the 13 or 14 years I've used Amazon I've never had a major issue with them or their shipping only one I remember having to call and replace was American Pie Blu Ray collection the inside disc holder pegs were broken they were like keep it and we'll send you a new one sent it same issue so I figured it was a Universal issue and just bought 2 replacement cases from casetopia
Old 09-13-2017, 04:12 AM   #31
Expert Member

Jul 2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevin87 View Post
Interesting that this thread would go up today as it's the first time I've ever received anything from Amazon in one of those sticky cardboard things that DD uses.

I had two packages arrive today separately. One was in a padded envelope (which I've been getting for several years now- can't remember when they changed from boxes it's been so long. The other, the pressed cardboard.

I usually have more damage occur with the the sticky cardboard mailers compared to the padded envelopes. But that could be because the transit time on the envelopes is two days with prime, whereas the cardboard is coming via media mail and getting jostled around for a week or more.
Old 09-13-2017, 04:15 AM   #32
Blu-ray Champion

Jun 2010
USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by wvuwhat View Post
Target, Best Buy and Amazon has pretty bad packaging nowadays. I've contacted all 3 and they have no problem replacing them. Most recently I had a Parks and Rec Funko from Amazon that was shipped in a box that came damaged. I was refunded and sent a new one.
A while back, I got to see how these distribution warehouses work first hand, and to be honest I'm surprised anything that has value in quality of condition actually arrives in quality condition. Between when the warehouse receives the item to when you get the item, it's been to so many places and so many hands have handled it, and the employees all in a rush because they have quotas to meet so no one's gonna be looking to keep that slipcover minty fresh.
Thanks given by:
bon_kewl53 (11-18-2018)
Old 09-13-2017, 04:35 AM   #33
Blu-ray Samurai

Mar 2017
In The Pages of DC Comics

The padded envelopes don't bother me 99% of my blu rays come perfect the only recent blu ray that didn't was my Suicide Squad Blu Ray the inside of the spine had a crack on it. thankfully I got a bit of a refund and bought Bruce Campbell's first book so it was a win
Old 09-13-2017, 04:41 AM   #34

Jan 2015
-
-
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strapped4Cash View Post
What will sometimes work is to order enough items together that they have to use a box.

Though even when I say "Group together in as few shipments as possible" then sometimes they end up coming from different centers and some/all get downgraded to envelopes anyway.

Still, ordering 4-5 Blu's, books, etc. together will get you a better shot at a box.
That's actually a terrible strategy from personal experience, since they'll just shove random items together with your movie in an envelope and the items will damage the movies more than shipping solo.
Thanks given by:
Clark Kent (09-14-2017), JMDiaz718 (09-13-2017)
Old 09-13-2017, 04:46 AM   #35
Blu-ray Samurai

Mar 2016

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteTim View Post
In the 13 or 14 years I've used Amazon I've never had a major issue with them or their shipping only one I remember having to call and replace was American Pie Blu Ray collection the inside disc holder pegs were broken they were like keep it and we'll send you a new one sent it same issue so I figured it was a Universal issue and just bought 2 replacement cases from casetopia
This amazes me as I'm already on at least 20-30 replacements so far this year. Three (and hopefully not four) just this week. All damaged in shipping due to the padded envelopes
Thanks given by:
bon_kewl53 (11-18-2018), JMDiaz718 (09-13-2017)
Old 09-13-2017, 04:47 AM   #36
Blu-ray Archduke

Aug 2007
Tucson Arizona

out 15 years of amazon, I can count the number of replacements due to damage on the fingers of both hands
Old 09-13-2017, 04:51 AM   #37
Blu-ray Samurai

Mar 2016

There has been several times where I've bought movies on Amazon (because I had a gift card or store credit or whatever) and they arrived damaged, so I went to Best Buy and purchased a mint copy and then returned the damaged Amazon delivered one to Best Buy for a refund.

Ridiculous, I know, but it works for a situation where I could only buy it on Amazon and it arrived damaged..
Old 09-13-2017, 04:52 AM   #38
Blu-ray Samurai

Mar 2016

Quote:
Originally Posted by wormraper View Post
out 15 years of amazon, I can count the number of replacements due to damage on the fingers of both hands
Sounds like I might just be extremely unlucky then..
Thanks given by:
JMDiaz718 (09-13-2017)
Old 09-13-2017, 04:53 AM   #39
Special Member

Oct 2012

Whether box or padded envelope, my Amazon movies have always arrived in absolute pristine condition, featuring slipcovers with nary a dulled edge. I am hard pressed to find equal quality devoid of minor dings in brick & mortar establishments. Hopefully I haven't jinxed myself though .
Old 09-13-2017, 04:59 AM   #40
Blu-ray Samurai

Mar 2016

Two christmases ago I was purchasing The Addams Family box set for my girlfriend and it arrived damaged FIVE times in a row. Now this isn't me being extremely picky either. This is just straight up damage. Loose discs in the packaging, the entire box dented in, one was ripped open. Without me even asking, Amazon apologized and issued me three $50 credits. They wouldn't issue me a sixth box set, which is understandable, so I took my refund and had to purchase from Best Buy.
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Hot Deals > Movie and TV Deals > Retail/Shopping