Best Blu-ray Movie Deals

Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Japan
Color Out of Space 4K (Blu-ray)
$17.99

The Great Escape (Blu-ray)
$36.64
6 hrs ago
Solid Metal Nightmares: The Films of Shinya Tsukamoto (Blu-ray)
$72.99

Inner Sanctum Mysteries (Blu-ray)
$41.99
1 hr ago
Code Geass: Lelouch of the Re;surrection (Blu-ray)
$24.99
22 hrs ago
Birds of Prey (And the Fantabulous Emancipation of One Harley Quinn) (Blu-ray)
$24.99

Little Women (Blu-ray)
$19.95

Birds of Prey (And the Fantabulous Emancipation of One Harley Quinn) 4K (Blu-ray)
$29.99

Molly's Game (Blu-ray)
$5.00
17 hrs ago
Enemy Gold (Blu-ray)
$11.99
1 hr ago
Doctor Who: The Complete David Tennant Collection (Blu-ray)
$14.99

The Dallas Connection (Blu-ray)
$11.99
1 hr ago
What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Hot Deals > Movie and TV Deals > Retail/Shopping

Old 09-13-2017, 05:20 AM   #41
Blu-ray Samurai

Aug 2017
Gotham City

My stuff usually arrives in a padded envelope if it's just one movie. If I buy more then one then it come in a box. I've never gotten a damaged movie or anything fro them but I've used Amazon a lot less once they started charging tax.
Old 09-13-2017, 05:29 AM   #42
Blu-ray Samurai

Mar 2017
In The Pages of DC Comics

The problem is Blu Ray cases Damage easily. I wish they were more sturdy
Old 09-13-2017, 05:34 AM   #43
Blu-ray Archduke

Aug 2007
Tucson Arizona

Quote:
Originally Posted by RustinCohle View Post
Sounds like I might just be extremely unlucky then..
it probably is partially due to the different shipping warehouses too. the ones in Kentucky and Phx (where I get 99% of mine) are all great...
Old 09-13-2017, 05:54 AM   #44
Power Member

Feb 2013
Southeastern Ohio

I order constantly from Amazon, I live 40 minutes from a Walmart, plus with the physical media selection practically worthless at most stores these days I have to order online.

As for the packaging though it is just all over the place, I really think it depends on the people picking the orders. I've gotten 1 movie in a box, and next time it comes in a padded envelope. I've also received a big padded envelope with as many as 4 movies in it. Sometimes I get a box with multiple movies. No rhyme or reason to it that I can tell, luckily I have rarely gotten major damage to the stuff I've ordered, I can live with dents on the corners.
Thanks given by:
bon_kewl53 (11-18-2018)
Old 09-13-2017, 06:30 AM   #45
Blu-ray Samurai

Oct 2012
Funkytown

Quote:
Originally Posted by shinobipopcorn View Post
Did you order from amazon Japan? Because that is the only time I've ever gotten anything from them packaged this way.
A very long time ago, back when they were books only, I did a summer at the warehouse (back when it was only based in Seattle), and everything went out that way - shrunked to a cardboard pannel. However yeah, all my discs as long as I can remember have all been in envelopes.
Old 09-13-2017, 06:43 AM   #46

Jan 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Martin_31 View Post
Every f***ing book I order from Amazon arrives damage. It's so annoying.
Because of this, and especially with Hardbacks, I have permanently given up ordering books from Amazon. I now use Book Depository which, so far, have been OK.
Old 09-13-2017, 06:52 AM   #47

Nov 2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by wormraper View Post
out 15 years of amazon, I can count the number of replacements due to damage on the fingers of both hands
Because you're a reasonable person.

I suspect a lot of the damage items receive has less to do with the packaging and more to do with silly people sending things back and forth because they have a single slightly nudged in corner or they didn't come with a slipcover. They're screwing other people and, funnily enough, themselves by causing the problem to begin with.

I kind of wish there was a penalty for unreasonable returns. The customer thinks they're always right but, really, they're not.
Thanks given by:
paceman90 (09-13-2017)
Old 09-13-2017, 06:55 AM   #48
Banned

Sep 2017

Everything's in an envelope. I can't even remember the days you described where they would seal one item in shrink-wrap and send it in a box. They jam everything in one manila bag there days, it's frustrating.
Old 09-13-2017, 07:05 AM   #49
Blu-ray Count

Sep 2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akibiyori View Post

I suspect a lot of the damage items receive has less to do with the packaging and more to do with silly people sending things back and forth because they have a single slightly nudged in corner or they didn't come with a slipcover. They're screwing other people and, funnily enough, themselves by causing the problem to begin with.

I kind of wish there was a penalty for unreasonable returns. The customer thinks they're always right but, really, they're not.
I cant imagine returning something for those reasons, I know I sure wouldn't.
Old 09-13-2017, 12:29 PM   #50
Expert Member

Apr 2013

Amazon is terrible. I haven't ordered from them since the Andy Griffith Blu Ray. I got it and it literally looked like somebody stomped on it before shipping (footprint and all).
Thanks given by:
bon_kewl53 (11-18-2018)
Old 09-13-2017, 02:21 PM   #51
Blu-ray Samurai

Oct 2012
Funkytown

Quote:
or they didn't come with a slipcover.
Wait a second - I'm not a big slipcover fan, but in the case of something like the Vestron Video range, not getting a cover is not getting one of the selling points of the disc. Sure it's a small point - but I'm paying for the complete package, why should I not get the complete package?
Thanks given by:
bon_kewl53 (11-18-2018), gobad2003 (09-13-2017)
Old 09-13-2017, 02:23 PM   #52
Blu-ray Samurai

Mar 2016

Quote:

One corner 'slightly nudged in' and I'll keep it. All four corners 'nudged in' and it's going back. Slipcover coming apart at the seam and it's going back. A crease across the slipcover and it's going back.

I'm really not screwing anyone by doing this because when Amazon receives it back and sees that it's still sealed they're most likely going to put it back into circulation. So customers like yourself, who don't care about the condition of the slipcover, can still get the one I just returned.

Unless you're unlucky like me and they send you an open, used, previously returned Sopranos box set. It was literally missing all its plastic packaging and was TAPED back together with scotch tape (assuming by the previous customer).
That was a pretty big oversight on the returns department/picker..
Thanks given by:
bon_kewl53 (11-18-2018)
Old 09-13-2017, 02:45 PM   #53
Blu-ray Ninja

Mar 2012

There used to be a time where if I pre-ordered something and qualified for the free shipping I'd actually get it the week of release, not anymore.
Old 09-13-2017, 03:20 PM   #54
Power Member

Dec 2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChaosHD View Post
From 1999 to january 2016, everything i ordered from Amazon was shipped in a box. Then throughout 2016 i noticed that more and more packages were coming in a padded envelope. And now this year, everything has come in a padded envelope, not one box. Even when i ordered five discs at once, they arrived in two separate padded envelopes instead of a box even though they were shipped the same day. Pathetic.
Even international orders are not spared from poor packaging.
Just like you, I'm a long time Amazon customer; I started buying DVDs in 2002 and later on, blu-rays. While Amazon (US and its European affiliates) does not use padded yellow envelopes for international shipping, it gradually shifted from utilizing sturdy brown boxes to flimsy cardboard boxes by 2016. They use this box:

[Show spoiler]

This type of box is made from light material so it gets easily damaged; each end of the box has a fold-in cover flap which readily slides open.

[Show spoiler]

In more than 3 occasions, I received my package wrapped in a plastic bag since the cover flaps of the box are partially open and ready to spill out its contents. It's a good thing my local postal service repackages with plastic bag every time it receives a loose, unsecured box.

[Show spoiler]

A letter describing the package's condition is included in the repacked box

Unfortunately, these cardboard boxes offer little protection. Since Amazon started using these, I seldom received BD cases without cracked corners or multi-disc BD cases with intact hinges; more often than not, there are tiny bits of chipped blue plastic inside such cases.
Thanks given by:
bon_kewl53 (11-18-2018), Clark Kent (09-14-2017), JMDiaz718 (09-13-2017), knight17 (09-14-2017)
Old 09-13-2017, 03:31 PM   #55
Expert Member

Jul 2016
Missouri (Formerly Manchester, UK)

I'm in the camp of if I'm paying for something I want it to arrive in a less beat up way as possible. Now before they even reach the supplier there is damage potential, but don't assist the process with some stores using the spider alarm system which death grips the box, or Amazon plus others using flimsy crap bubble mailers. I'm not a great fan of slip covers which is lucky as most slips usually arrived with creases and bends in them. Collectors aren't really catered for. It's the great unwashed who don't notice or care which is why it won't change.
Old 09-13-2017, 04:00 PM   #56
Expert Member

Dec 2008

I keep track of all my Amazon purchases and in 2011 I bought 40 discs from them, but fewer and fewer the following years, and now down to 5 this year. Let your wallet send them a message. But then again, low disc sales was probably why they switched to this cost cutting method in the first place.
Old 09-13-2017, 04:04 PM   #57
Blu-ray Count

Jun 2008
down at Fraggle Rock

the package I got yesterday of 'Blade Runner'/'E.T' - thankfully the product inside the packaging wasn't all scuffed up and such, but man, the outside packaging look like it took a tumble down a flights of stairs from the tenth floor.
Old 09-13-2017, 04:25 PM   #58
Blu-ray Samurai

Mar 2016

I'm purchasing most of my blu-rays in-store at Target these days. The one closest to me doesn't use security cases or spider wraps. I'm a Best Buy Reward Zone Elite Plus member, but I'm getting tired of WD-40ing off those little white 'Best Buy' stickers they insist on putting on every single Blu-ray, so that status will probably drop off soon.
Old 09-13-2017, 06:30 PM   #59

Sep 2010
Alabama

Quote:
Originally Posted by hariseldon View Post
Since Deep Discount, Blowitoutofhere, importCD, BN, FYE, BN, TCM, WBSHOP (except some WAC), a good deal of Target/BBY/Walmart Movies all come from teh same fulfillment warehouse it not shocking they use the same packaging.

Walmart and esp BestBuy are back to using multiple sources there packaging is more variable. Target was exclusively using Alliance, but I'm not 100% sure that's true now since a lot of items they were offering 6 months ago have disappeared.
My last few Target orders for blus have all listed Baker & Taylor Books as the sender as opposed to AEC which was definitely the norm previously.

What's becoming even more common at Amazon, at least for me, is to send 3-4 movie orders in one giant bubble envelope; in fact, I just had an order arrive that way yesterday and UPS had to literally tape the envelope back together before they delivered it. Needless to say the contents were not in great shape!
Thanks given by:
bon_kewl53 (11-18-2018)
Old 09-13-2017, 06:41 PM   #60

Oct 2016
Pittsville Maryland

I get packages from Amazon pretty much every week, as a matter of fact I am waiting on 3 packages to be delivered today. I also get alot of damaged items, alot of the slipcovers on the Blu-Rays I order are damaged. Mostly CDs tho, if I order a couple CDs, they just toss them in a oversized padded envelope with no protection whatsoever and end up arriving with the jewel cases cracked up or totally broke, this is with new and used items. I hate they way they package items and my orders have been coming in this way for quite a while now.
Thanks given by:
bon_kewl53 (11-18-2018)
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Hot Deals > Movie and TV Deals > Retail/Shopping