Best Nintendo Switch Game Deals

Best Nintendo Switch Game Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Japan
Sparklite (Switch)
$14.99
13 hrs ago
Wolfenstein II: The New Colossus (Switch)
$29.97

Baldur's Gate (Switch)
$29.99

Planescape Torment & Icewind Dale (Switch)
$29.99

Dead Cells: Action Game of the Year (Switch)
$24.99

Darksiders Genesis (Switch)
$33.88

Mario & Sonic at the Olympic Games: Tokyo 2020 (Switch)
$38.99

Vampyr (Switch)
$29.99

Valfaris (Switch)
$24.99

Super Bomberman R (Switch)
$19.99

Luigi's Mansion 3 (Switch)
$49.94

God Eater 3 (Switch)
$29.99

What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Gaming > Nintendo > Nintendo Switch

Old 10-21-2017, 01:14 AM   #1
Blu-ray Champion

Feb 2011
Default Limited Run Games approved to release Switch titles.

I figured we could have a master thread for the LRG’s titles. First one to come in 2018. Let the frustration and bloodletting begin.

https://mynintendonews.com/2017/10/2...mes-on-switch/
Old 01-28-2018, 07:19 PM   #2
Blu-ray Archduke

Dec 2009
Daytona Beach, FL

My writeup for their first announced games.

Their first announced release is Saturday Morning RPG. This is one game that was created by the people who run Limited Run Games. This one is coming Spring 2018.

https://twitter.com/LimitedRunGames/...93794529611776

Their second round of announcements a few days ago was Flinthook and Mercenary Kings. Release date TBD.

https://twitter.com/TheSwitchEffect/...72419103346690
https://twitter.com/LimitedRunGames/...73654506201088

Old 03-15-2018, 06:00 PM   #3
Blu-ray Samurai

Oct 2008

Switch Limited Run #1: Thimbleweed Park
Pre-Order Date: 03/30/18
Price: $34.99

Thimbleweed Park on physical cartridge for the Nintendo Switch. Region free. This will be an open pre-order for a limited time! Includes a full-color manual and an interior print!

Quote:
October 15, 1987. A dead body is rotting under the bridge, but the 81 (sorry, make that 80) inhabitants of the once proud town of Thimbleweed Park have bigger concerns. The town's founder recently died under mysterious circumstances. The hotel appears to be haunted. A giant slice of pizza roams the streets. And something sinister is going on behind the locked gate of the burned-out pillow factory at the edge of town -- something that could consume us all.

Five people with nothing in common have been drawn to this weird, rundown place. They don't know it yet, but they're deeply connected. And they're being watched.

Who is Agent Ray really working for?
What does Junior Agent Reyes know about the pillow factory fire?
Will the ghost, Franklin, get to speak to his daughter again?
Will Ransome the *Beeping* Clown ever become a decent human being?
Will aspiring game developer Delores choose her family over her dreams?
And most importantly: how come no one cares about that dead body?

By the end of a long, strange night, these questions will be answered -- and you'll understand why in a town like Thimbleweed Park, a dead body is the least of your problems.
Trailer:
Thanks given by:
Grethiwha (03-16-2018)
Old 03-30-2018, 01:59 PM   #4
Blu-ray Samurai

Oct 2008

Reminder that Thimbleweed Park goes on sale today at 10:00 AM EST. Also there's a secondary option for LucasArts fans but unlike the game only option, this one has a limited amount.

Switch Limited Run #1: Thimbleweed Park Big Box Edition
Pre-Order Date: 03/30/18
Price: $64.99

Quote:
Limited to 3,000 copies available worldwide. Region free.

Please Note: This item is a preorder and will not ship out until the games are manufactured with Nintendo. Due to the long production times associated with Switch cartridges, we expect to ship this item out by early July.

This Big Box Edition is brought to you with the help of our friends at Fangamer!

Contents:
  • A classic LucasArts style big box - just like you remember!
  • Physical game for the Nintendo Switch (Region Free)
  • Full-color manual
  • Full-color interior print on the cover sheet
  • Poster - a fold-out “Explore Thimbleweed Park Country” free tourist map
  • Newspaper - 10/13/87 edition of the Thimbleweed Nickel
  • 3 stickers - A-Boo!, Doug (diggin'), Thimblecon
  • Post-it notes - the Official Thimbleweed Park™ Post-it Note™ Speck of Dust™
  • ThimblePages - Thimbleweed County Phone Book
  • Note: The Switch Edition has a special sticker on the outside of the plastic wrapping that says: "Nintendo Switch"
Old 03-30-2018, 03:04 PM   #5
Blu-ray Samurai

Oct 2008

Thimbleweed Park is live. I went with just the normal version. I had the Big Box version in my cart and was about to complete check out but stopped to think that I really don't want to spend almost $80 after shipping on this.
Old 03-30-2018, 07:16 PM   #6
Blu-ray Archduke

Dec 2009
Daytona Beach, FL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Petey Parker View Post
Thimbleweed Park is live. I went with just the normal version. I had the Big Box version in my cart and was about to complete check out but stopped to think that I really don't want to spend almost $80 after shipping on this.
Same here. I grabbed the regular edition. The big box edition is just too expensive and takes up too much space. I had it in my cart but decided against it. That edition was sold out within like 5 minutes.
Old 03-30-2018, 11:32 PM   #7
Blu-ray Archduke

Dec 2009
Daytona Beach, FL

From LRG's Twitter account Thimbleweed Park standard edition will be available until April 13th. Sounds like they're not making this a specified number produced game as they do with most of their releases. Collectors might not like that but I'm glad for it. I hope they continue producing large quantities of the Switch games to prevent the usual price gouging that happens with LRG releases.
Old 04-01-2018, 01:54 PM   #8
Blu-ray Samurai

Oct 2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChadFL View Post
From LRG's Twitter account Thimbleweed Park standard edition will be available until April 13th. Sounds like they're not making this a specified number produced game as they do with most of their releases. Collectors might not like that but I'm glad for it. I hope they continue producing large quantities of the Switch games to prevent the usual price gouging that happens with LRG releases.
This is a one time only thing from what I understand. They are trying to gauge how many units they should produce for future games. So hopefully as many people as possible pre-order.
Old 04-02-2018, 02:03 AM   #9

Nov 2010
Canada

Quote:
Originally Posted by Petey Parker View Post
This is a one time only thing from what I understand. They are trying to gauge how many units they should produce for future games. So hopefully as many people as possible pre-order.
Actually I heard they were doing the first few that way, to more fairly gauge how many units to produce. And maybe they'll consider continuing the pre-order model if it's successful.

Judging by how fast the Switch big box edition sold compared to the PS4 editions at any rate, things are looking good.

I really hope Golf Story comes soon. That's the one game I probably would've downloaded already if I hadn't heard the rumour that LRG was going to release it physical. And I really hope it's a pre-order, or else... I'll have waited this long, and I'll miss it!
Old 04-02-2018, 02:52 AM   #10
Blu-ray Archduke

Dec 2009
Daytona Beach, FL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grethiwha View Post
Actually I heard they were doing the first few that way, to more fairly gauge how many units to produce. And maybe they'll consider continuing the pre-order model if it's successful.

Judging by how fast the Switch big box edition sold compared to the PS4 editions at any rate, things are looking good.

I really hope Golf Story comes soon. That's the one game I probably would've downloaded already if I hadn't heard the rumour that LRG was going to release it physical. And I really hope it's a pre-order, or else... I'll have waited this long, and I'll miss it!
That's the #1 game for me. They really should do Golf Story. Celeste too if that one isn't getting a physical release elsewhere.
Old 04-02-2018, 05:27 AM   #11
Blu-ray Baron

Oct 2012
New York

I'm still waiting for Stardew Valley to get physical. 505Games released a physical for both Xbox One and PS4, so what's taking them so long to get one out for Switch?

Also in Feb. 2017, the developer of Snake Pass told me they were looking into a physical release, and that still hasn't happened yet (reason I still haven't played that game).
Quote:
At this time we're aiming to make Snake Pass a digital only title. That being said, we are in the process of exploring a physical release. No details just yet, but we're certainly looking into the possibility
If Story of Seasons gets released on Switch before Stardew Valley gets a physical release, then I'll get that game instead. Stardew Valley was just a placeholder anyway.
Old 04-05-2018, 11:07 PM   #12
Special Member

Jan 2012
Montana

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChadFL View Post
That's the #1 game for me. They really should do Golf Story. Celeste too if that one isn't getting a physical release elsewhere.
Doug in a recent AMA kept hinting about a title that was a "hole in one", so I'm gonna say it's likely
Old 04-19-2018, 09:12 PM   #13
Blu-ray Samurai

Oct 2008

Switch Limited Run #2: Mercenary Kings
Pre-Order Date: 04/23/18
Price: $29.99

Quote:
Please Note: This item is a preorder and will not ship out until the games are manufactured with Nintendo. Due to the long production times associated with Switch cartridges, we expect to ship this item out by August. All orders are considered final and can not be canceled.

PREORDERS CLOSE ON MAY 7th AT 11:59PM EASTERN TIME. PLEASE GET YOUR ORDER IN BEFORE THAT DATE!

Mercenary Kings on physical cartridge for the Nintendo Switch. Region free. This is an open pre-order for a limited time! Includes a manual and a reversible cover!

Includes a Mercenary Kings comic book!

This release features reversible cover artwork. The cover that is sealed facing outwards has been randomized by our factory. If you order two copies we will make sure to send you one of each sealed variant. We can not take requests for specific art, but as the art is reversible - every copy comes with both covers, you'll just need to open the game up and flip the art!
Trailer:
Old 04-19-2018, 09:20 PM   #14
Special Member

Jan 2011
PA

Thanks given by:
ChadFL (04-20-2018)
Old 04-19-2018, 09:26 PM   #15
Blu-ray Samurai

Oct 2008

Switch Limited Run #3: Flinthook
Price: $29.99

Quote:
Please Note: This item is a preorder and will not ship out until the games are manufactured with Nintendo. Due to the long production times associated with Switch cartridges, we expect to ship this item out by August. All orders are considered final and can not be canceled.

PREORDERS CLOSE ON MAY 7th AT 11:59PM EASTERN TIME. PLEASE GET YOUR ORDER IN BEFORE THAT DATE!

Flinthook on physical cartridge for the Nintendo Switch. Region free. This is an open pre-order for a limited time! Includes a manual and a reversible cover!

Includes a full-color manual!

This release features reversible cover artwork. The cover that is sealed facing outwards has been randomized by our factory. If you order two copies we will make sure to send you one of each sealed variant. We can not take requests for specific art, but as the art is reversible - every copy comes with both covers, you'll just need to open the game up and flip the art!
Trailer:
Old 04-19-2018, 09:29 PM   #16
Blu-ray Samurai

Oct 2008

Switch Limited Run #2 + #3: The Tribute Treasure Box
Price: $89.99

Quote:
Mercenary Kings & Flinthook on physical cartridge for the Nintendo Switch. Limited to 3,000 copies available worldwide. Region free.

Contents:
  • Switch Limited Run #2: Mercenary Kings
  • Reversible cover and comic book
  • Switch Limited Run #3: Flinthook
  • Reversible cover and manual
  • Official Tribute Treasure Box SteelBook® that can hold both games
  • Mercenary Kings Physical Soundtrack CD
  • Flinthook Physical Soundtrack CD
  • Double sided 18 x 24 inch Flinthook poster
  • Double sided 18 x 24 inch Mercenary Kings poster

PLEASE NOTE: This item is limited to ONE per customer.
Thanks given by:
ChadFL (04-20-2018)
Old 04-20-2018, 01:38 AM   #17
Blu-ray Archduke

Dec 2009
Daytona Beach, FL

Thankfully this round of games appears to be open order like Saturday Morning RPG. No shortages. Thinking I'll go collector's edition for once. I'll be getting both games and the extra $20 seems well worth it for this package.
Old 04-20-2018, 06:28 PM   #18
Blu-ray Champion

Feb 2011

Night Trap is coming this summer. Hopefully this has a correct pre-order and not the mad dash for 45 seconds like they usually do.

https://nintendoeverything.com/night...h-this-summer/

Quote:
Night Trap: 25th Anniversary Edition is coming to Switch, Limited Run Games has announced. A release is tentatively planned for this summer.

There was some talk about Night Trap heading to Switch last year. Screaming Villains apparently was willing to let it happen, but said Nintendo “pulled out two days later for a very random reason.” That reason was never clarified

It’s unclear what’s changed since then, but Night Trap will indeed be released on Switch. Limited Run Games is currently finishing up the port and will offer a physical version when it’s ready.
Thanks given by:
Petey Parker (04-20-2018)
Old 04-20-2018, 09:34 PM   #19
Special Member

Jan 2011
PA

Quote:
Originally Posted by dyne View Post
Night Trap is coming this summer. Hopefully this has a correct pre-order and not the mad dash for 45 seconds like they usually do.

https://nintendoeverything.com/night...h-this-summer/
I missed the PS4 version so hoping to get the Switch version now.
Old 04-21-2018, 01:06 AM   #20
Blu-ray Champion

Feb 2011

They confirmed on Twitter that it will have a pre order.
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Gaming > Nintendo > Nintendo Switch