Best Blu-ray Movie Deals

Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Japan Mexico
Twin Peaks: From Z to A (Blu-ray)
$89.99
16 hrs ago
Alastair Sim's School for Laughter: 4 Classic Comedies (Blu-ray)
$46.49
8 hrs ago
Doctor Who: The Complete David Tennant Collection (Blu-ray)
$14.99
2 hrs ago
Twin Peaks: Fire Walk with Me (Blu-ray)
$19.99
16 hrs ago
Galaxy Quest (Blu-ray)
$9.99

Little Women (Blu-ray)
$19.95

The Great Escape (Blu-ray)
$29.49

Inner Sanctum Mysteries (Blu-ray)
$46.49

Richard Jewell (Blu-ray)
$19.96
30 min ago
Terminator: Dark Fate (Blu-ray)
$17.91
16 hrs ago
Game of Thrones: The Complete Eighth Season (Blu-ray)
$31.46

Birds of Prey (And the Fantabulous Emancipation of One Harley Quinn) (Blu-ray)
$24.99

What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Hot Deals > Movie and TV Deals > Retail/Shopping

Old 01-12-2018, 04:23 AM   #1
Special Member

May 2013
Harrisonburg, VA (Shenandoah Valley)
Default Decluttr Store?

Does anyone here have experience buying from the Decluttr Store? I noticed their listings on Ebay and decided to check out their direct website. Seems like they have some pretty good deals, but I am not sure of their quality.

So, any thoughts from anyone who has bought from them either direct or through Ebay or Amazon?

http://www.decluttr.com/us/store/cat...nd-tv/blu-ray/
Old 01-12-2018, 04:49 AM   #2
Power Member

Aug 2015

Quote:
Originally Posted by floridaswamprat View Post
Does anyone here have experience buying from the Decluttr Store? I noticed their listings on Ebay and decided to check out their direct website. Seems like they have some pretty good deals, but I am not sure of their quality.

So, any thoughts from anyone who has bought from them either direct or through Ebay or Amazon?

They either don't grade or they don't take anything better or worse than "very good" since I've never seen anything from them listed on Amazon at any other condition.

For the most part, I had pretty good luck with my purchases from them on Amazon, that is until I bought a used 3D movie that should have been a 3D Blu-ray, 2D Blu-ray, DVD set. There was nothing listed in the description that anything with the item was amiss and it was clearly listed, as always, as "very good". Unfortunately, when I received it, it was missing the DVD. Now, here's the kicker. I sent them a message telling them that the item they sent me was incomplete, and I received no reply at all. Nothing. They just ignored me. I've been reticent to buy from them since, even though it was a one-time issue, simply due to the lack of response to my message. Others may feel differently. I had a similar experience with Deep Discount and have had difficulty convincing myself to do business with them again as well, but a lot of people really seem to like them. On the other hand, I've heard a lot of bad things about FYE.com, but I always received such great customer service from them, that I've been able to forgive the items that I've received in poor condition or just completely wrong (that's all pre-website change; not sure what I've going to do about FYE.com now).

Take that all as you will.

tldr: "Very Good" and bad experience here.
Thanks given by:
hiwilliam (08-13-2018)
Old 01-12-2018, 06:46 AM   #3

Jan 2012

I've used them almost exclusively since Gohastings closed. I don't like spending more than $5-6 per blu-ray for my small collection. I've been really happy with the condition of the items and have even been getting digital copies about 50% of the time. Slipcovers being included has been rarer in my experience though. I always buy two at a time on ebay so that I qualify for the 15% discount on their blu-rays $5.99 and under.

Last edited by 58lambert58; 01-12-2018 at 07:12 AM.
Old 01-12-2018, 07:00 AM   #4
Blu-ray Guru

May 2013
Ashburn, VA

Quote:
Originally Posted by floridaswamprat View Post

I'm decluttering my own collection.

Going to need some extra money in my account to take care of my mom. I see you're from the valley.

She's selling in Sterling, VA and moving back "home" to Strasburg/Star Tannery in the next few months.

Take a look at my collection and let me know if you're interested.
Old 01-12-2018, 11:42 PM   #5
Special Member

May 2013

I decided to give them a try - ordering directly from their store at www.decluttr.com/us/store.

Ordered only one movie as a trial to see how they do:

Paid about $2.60 total for it (all their orders include shipping).
Old 01-17-2018, 10:11 PM   #6
Special Member

May 2013

Well, got my first order from them, and everything was great. I am sure I will order from them again in the future.
Thanks given by:
hiwilliam (08-13-2018)
Old 01-17-2018, 11:00 PM   #7
Blu-ray Guru

Feb 2017

Woah. This was my first time browsing this site, and I'm sorry that these are no longer in stock after I bought them, but I just found…

three Jean Rollin films -- Lips of Blood, Fascination, and The Living Dead Girl…

for 2.99 each. $7.17 total after the 20% discount.

I'm floored. I think the pricing must have been a mistake. Their other Redemption films titles that I see are above $10. They each said blu-ray on the product page, and had descriptions and cover images matching the Redemption releases. No notes like "disc only!" or anything like that.

I will see how this goes. lol. Thanks for creating this thread.
Thanks given by:
floridaswamprat (01-18-2018)
Old 01-18-2018, 01:58 AM   #8
Special Member

May 2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by AFFanAttic View Post
Woah. This was my first time browsing this site, and I'm sorry that these are no longer in stock after I bought them, but I just found…

three Jean Rollin films -- Lips of Blood, Fascination, and The Living Dead Girl…

for 2.99 each. $7.17 total after the 20% discount.

I'm floored. I think the pricing must have been a mistake. Their other Redemption films titles that I see are above $10. They each said blu-ray on the product page, and had descriptions and cover images matching the Redemption releases. No notes like "disc only!" or anything like that.

I will see how this goes. lol. Thanks for creating this thread.
The also have an e-bay store. More items are listed on e-bay than their direct store, but prices are a bit higher (though still very good) since you do not get the 20%.

https://www.ebay.com/usr/decluttr_store
Old 01-30-2018, 11:04 PM   #9
Special Member

May 2013

Well, since I started the thread, I figure I would keep it going as I make purchases through Decluttr. I picked up Amadeus for $6.07. Arrived in great condition. No slip, but I am not sure if it ever had one. Ordered it directly from their website and not their E-bay store.
Thanks given by:
hiwilliam (08-13-2018)
Old 01-31-2018, 09:43 PM   #10
Special Member

May 2013

They are becoming a bit of a go-to place for me. Got Father Goose (2013 release) for $9.75 shipped. Arrived in excellent condition.
Thanks given by:
hiwilliam (08-13-2018)
Old 01-31-2018, 11:43 PM   #11
Blu-ray Guru

Feb 2017

My earlier-mentioned Jean Rollin films arrived in perfectly good condition and I've since ordered quite a few more titles from them. Nothing else quite as crazy as severely-underpriced titles like those $2.99 Rollins, but still great to keep browsing through.
I was a little bummed when their 20% off sale ended this week, but it's for the best as I can now slow way down on the impulse buys that I was indulging in.
This is a very good resource. I really appreciate you bringing it up, floridaswamprat* ::

*really weird to refer to you as floridaswamprat when expressing my gratitude.
Old 04-26-2018, 04:13 AM   #12
Power Member

Aug 2015

Wanted to follow up on this myself.

I mentioned previously that I had a problem with an order that I had made from them on Amazon as a third party seller (BTW, never ever ever buy from them on Amazon, search for the same item on eBay or on their site and it will always, without fail, be significantly cheaper).

I was amazed at just how good some of their prices are on their site and eBay and have made several orders.

I have encountered a few problems and thought I'd review for everyone's benefit.

First of all, I ordered a 3D title and when I received it, I found that it was the 2D release instead. To their CS's benefit, they responded in less than 24 hours and immediately refunded me without asking that I mail the item back to them (it was pretty cheap, so it wouldn't have benefited them anyway).

The second issue was a little more troubling. I ordered several items in one order. 3 weeks later I realized that I had received all but 1 item. I checked my email. They have an odd way of sending shipping notices. If you purchase 8 items, they send a separate email for the dispatch of each item. When I looked, oddly enough, there was no "dispatch" email for that missing item. It was just like it was lost in the system. I emailed customer service and was told that it was absolutely shipping and must have gotten "lost in the mail". I don't believe this to be true, but they did quickly refund me for the lost item. Still, if I hadn't have looked back at my old emails, I never would have realized that I hadn't received the item.

Which leads me to the third issue with Decluttr's website, the order management system is very, very bad. In your account, there is a listing for every purchase you make on their website, but if you click it there is zero detail. Just the shipping address. The emails they send to you verifying your purchase generally aren't sent for several hours after your purchase and oddly enough, the total on the emails is frequently wrong. They run a lot of "Buy 2 for $X" promos, but if you take advantage of one of those promos, the email order detail only includes the original non-promo price. You have to keep track of the prices manually yourself if you want to remember what you paid for each item.

Considering their fantastic pricing and responsive customer service, I would highly recommend them, but I feel I should warn everyone to keep a close eye on your orders. Make sure you get exactly what you ordered, and make sure it actually arrives.
Thanks given by:
Clark Kent (04-29-2018), hiwilliam (08-13-2018)
Old 04-28-2018, 07:57 PM   #13

Feb 2015

I have bought about 10 DVDs and Blu-rays from them on eBay and have always been happy.

Their descriptions are always very vague and they never contain photos of the actual item. I have often had to refer to the bar code number to figure out which version of the DVD I'm buying as their written description doesn't provide those details.

Each purchase was a bit of gamble but so far I've never been disappointed.

Being a Canadian, we are always subject to eBay's ridiculously inflated "Global Shipping Program" rates from the US which can be anywhere from $6 to $22USD for basic USPS shipping. Especially when $1 US = $1.29 Canadian Dollars, it really stings.

Decluttr only charges $1.00 US - keeps me coming back every time!
Thanks given by:
hiwilliam (08-13-2018)
Old 04-28-2018, 08:48 PM   #14
Blu-ray Baron

Jun 2013

I picked up 4 things from and they were shipped in two separate packages with 3 of the 4 items nearly arriving in pieces. All 3 cases were broken except for the fourth item which was thankfully in a cardboard slipcase, otherwise it would have been in pieces too.

The best they could offer me was a full return/refund or a $1.00 dollar "partial refund" lol... at least give me like $5 bucks to replace the busted cases.
Old 04-29-2018, 01:56 AM   #15
Blu-ray Knight

Jan 2017
Cow Country

Is this another one of those blowitouttahere/moviemars sockpuppet stores that are all the same company, or are they independent?
Old 04-29-2018, 04:05 AM   #16

Feb 2015

Quote:
Originally Posted by shinobipopcorn View Post
Is this another one of those blowitouttahere/moviemars sockpuppet stores that are all the same company, or are they independent?
They used to go by the name "Estocks USA" but, yeah, I think all of these companies are cut from the same cloth.
Old 04-29-2018, 06:56 AM   #17
Blu-ray Prince

Oct 2007
Metropolis

Quote:
Originally Posted by shinobipopcorn View Post
I don't believe Decluttr is connected to the Super D empire. It's interesting you bring up moviemars, because that is just about the last distributor/web front not bought out by Super D. At least it wasn't a couple of years ago.

I only know Decluttr through their CD sales. It's an operation that does everything on volume by scanning bar codes. They don't check condition but their stock is generally in decent shape if you aren't super picky. They are pretty bad when it comes to less common variations on CD - people have complained of receiving two-disc sets with one disc missing.

I use them when the price is right.
Thanks given by:
hiwilliam (08-13-2018)
Old 09-14-2018, 05:03 PM   #18

Sep 2018

I'm a little late to this, but I purchase from Decluttr on eBay religiously. I just found out that they have their own website. They're fast, the movies are always in great condition, and they're always the lowest priced for the condition/value. Even on the rare occasion when they're not the cheapest, I tend to purchase from them anyway because I am completely comfortable with them. I have never had a bad experience with Decluttr and would recommend them to anyone.
Old 09-14-2018, 05:18 PM   #19

Jan 2018
USA

I've used them a lot as well, mostly through eBay. There's a chance you could get better deals through their own website at times, but the search functionality is so poor that it's nearly impossible to find anything. They're also on Amazon, but because Amazon's fees are higher than eBay, you'll usually find that reflected in the price being lower on eBay.

I had a string of excellent experiences for awhile, where several things I ordered were arriving in like new or even new/sealed condition. Recently, however, I've had more poor experiences with them. They are always quick to refund things, but I've gotten lots of bad discs and wrong items sent lately. So it's pretty hit and miss--you definitely take a chance when you buy from these used places but it's a great way to get some Blu's for cheap on titles where you aren't concerned about condition/slipcover.
Old 01-31-2019, 11:50 PM   #20
Power Member

Dec 2011
Chicago IL

On Amazon , I asked a question about the box set dvd and somehow within minutes of asking they raised the price from $11.98 to $34.98 , Strange coincidence ? Still no reply from them .

From a few reviews I read theys eem to send the wrong version , But then amazon is a little messed up with different version under the same listing .
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Hot Deals > Movie and TV Deals > Retail/Shopping