Best Blu-ray Movie Deals

Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Japan
Inner Sanctum Mysteries (Blu-ray)
$41.99
19 hrs ago
The Great Escape (Blu-ray)
$29.49
8 hrs ago
The Dallas Connection (Blu-ray)
$11.99
19 hrs ago
Enemy Gold (Blu-ray)
$11.99
19 hrs ago
Color Out of Space 4K (Blu-ray)
$17.99

The Man from the Alamo / They Came to Cordura (Blu-ray)
$11.99
19 hrs ago
Solid Metal Nightmares: The Films of Shinya Tsukamoto (Blu-ray)
$72.99

Six Moral Tales (Blu-ray)
$72.99
17 hrs ago
Little Women (Blu-ray)
$19.95

Hollywood Story / New Orleans Uncensored (Blu-ray)
$11.99
19 hrs ago
Dance, Girl, Dance (Blu-ray)
$29.49
8 hrs ago
First Reformed (Blu-ray)
$9.99

What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Hot Deals > Movie and TV Deals > Retail/Shopping

Old 05-11-2018, 07:58 PM   #21
Blu-ray Ninja

Jul 2012

I purchased Witcher 3 "The Complete Edition" from them when it was on sale, but outside of these random sales, I don't usually buy anything from them.
Old 05-11-2018, 07:59 PM   #22
Banned

Jun 2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blaze_Chamberlin View Post
This isn't good news for the company.

"As part of its comeback efforts, GameStop has ramped up its e-commerce operations and added more toys and collectibles. It also acquired hundreds of AT&T wireless stores in 2016 to help reduce its dependence on video games." SMH.
I really do believe that if it weren't for collectibles GameStop would be closed by now. Why in the holy hell would you walk into a GameStop to buy a video game in 2018? Amazon offers release day delivery with 20% off to Prime members, Best Buy offers 20% off ALL video games with the Gamers Club, eBay has everything for 20% off on the daily, for the most part anyway. GameStop is simply outdated and is unable to get with the times, aside from the collectibles which is something that every retail store in America has began to sell. Months ago Target literally cleared out multiple sections in the video game department for more collectibles and trend items.

Used Nintendo games (ARMS, BOTW, Splatoon, etc.) got a price raise this week: $56.99, up from $54.99. I can buy a copy on eBay right now for under $45 if I wanted to, no tax either.

I feel bad for all of the employees at GameStop, but the sooner the store closes up the better. It is a wonder that they've made it this long.
Old 05-11-2018, 08:07 PM   #23
Banned

Jun 2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blaze_Chamberlin View Post
I purchased Witcher 3 "The Complete Edition" from them when it was on sale, but outside of these random sales, I don't usually buy anything from them.
I have refused to walk into a GameStop store ever since 2015. Any store/employee that I have to repeatedly say "NO THANK YOU!!!" to is a store that I will not support.

"Sir, would you be interested in preordering any video games?"
"No thank you."
"But there are so many amazing games releasing in the coming months! Want me to run some off to you?"
"No thank you."
"Want to sign up for the pro membership card?"
"No thank you."
"Can I get your email to sign you up for our newsletter?"
"No thank you."
"Are you happy with your cell phone provider? We offer Cricket Wireless!"
"No thank you."
"Are you sure man? it will save you so much money!"

^ Legit the last 10 minutes I was ever in a GameStop store. I told the guy that I'm very pleased with my cell phone and my provider and they just wouldn't stop. I don't care that your job requires this of you, if I say NO then I mean NO. I completely understand that they are required to ask one or two things, but when you continuously pester me to the point of annoyance? That's when you've lost my business. Hot Topic pulls the same crap.
Old 05-11-2018, 08:25 PM   #24
Blu-ray Ninja

Jul 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by InuYashaCrusade View Post
I have refused to walk into a GameStop store ever since 2015. Any store/employee that I have to repeatedly say "NO THANK YOU!!!" to is a store that I will not support.

"Sir, would you be interested in preordering any video games?"
"No thank you."
"But there are so many amazing games releasing in the coming months! Want me to run some off to you?"
"No thank you."
"Want to sign up for the pro membership card?"
"No thank you."
"Can I get your email to sign you up for our newsletter?"
"No thank you."
"Are you happy with your cell phone provider? We offer Cricket Wireless!"
"No thank you."
"Are you sure man? it will save you so much money!"

^ Legit the last 10 minutes I was ever in a GameStop store. I told the guy that I'm very pleased with my cell phone and my provider and they just wouldn't stop. I don't care that your job requires this of you, if I say NO then I mean NO. I completely understand that they are required to ask one or two things, but when you continuously pester me to the point of annoyance? That's when you've lost my business. Hot Topic pulls the same crap.
They usually don't bother me with many of those questions. I'm fairly straightforward with them. And I think they stay alive for the same reason that places like Family Video do, certain people, like to use cash instead of debit/credit, so they pay more at places like FV & GS as opposed to online retailers.
Old 05-11-2018, 08:27 PM   #25
Blu-ray Knight

Jan 2017
Cow Country

Quote:
I really do believe that if it weren't for collectibles GameStop would be closed by now. Why in the holy hell would you walk into a GameStop to buy a video game in 2018? Amazon offers release day delivery with 20% off to Prime members, Best Buy offers 20% off ALL video games with the Gamers Club, eBay has everything for 20% off on the daily, for the most part anyway. GameStop is simply outdated and is unable to get with the times, aside from the collectibles which is something that every retail store in America has began to sell. Months ago Target literally cleared out multiple sections in the video game department for more collectibles and trend items.

Used Nintendo games (ARMS, BOTW, Splatoon, etc.) got a price raise this week: $56.99, up from $54.99. I can buy a copy on eBay right now for under $45 if I wanted to, no tax either.

I feel bad for all of the employees at GameStop, but the sooner the store closes up the better. It is a wonder that they've made it this long.
That was another thing that ticked me off about GS, only getting a 5 dollar discount for someone else's used junk. I only put up with it as long as I did because I didn't have a credit/debit card to access ebay or amazon until the PS2 era.
Old 05-14-2018, 12:32 AM   #26
Blu-ray Samurai

Feb 2014
Maine, USA

I never buy new games (the exception is Limited Run Games). Iíve got too big of a backlog to work through so the latest hot game is of very little interest to me when I can pick it up at GameStop used in a few years for under $20. If they go under, I will be sad since there arenít many places around here with as large of a used video game selection.
Old 05-19-2018, 02:31 AM   #27
Banned

Jun 2013

"Hedge fund Tiger sends letter to GameStop urging retailer to adopt a turnaround plan"

https://www.cnbc.com/2018/05/16/hedg...ound-plan.html

GameStop shares have declined about 45 percent over the last year
Old 06-08-2018, 04:41 AM   #28
Banned

Jun 2013

GameStop to continue throwing everything at the wall and seeing what sticks... "GameStop to Start Selling Comic Books"

http://comicbook.com/comics/2018/06/...ic-books-soon/
Thanks given by:
Blaze_Chamberlin (06-18-2018)
Old 06-18-2018, 10:41 PM   #29
Banned

Jun 2013

GameStop in talks with buyout firms after drawing interest

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-g...-idUSKBN1JE2JI
Thanks given by:
Blaze_Chamberlin (06-18-2018)
Old 06-19-2018, 04:44 AM   #30
Blu-ray Knight

Sep 2011
USA
Send a message via Skype™ to Kellz

i have about $200 in credit/gift cards for them, might be time for me to spend them
Old 06-19-2018, 04:58 AM   #31
Blu-ray Ninja

Apr 2016

Quote:

I only step foot into GameStop to browse the funko pops.

There's another local (I think it's local anyway) video game store that has funko pops, used video games, and tons of used DVDs and quite a few used blu-rays. I bought 3 used blus there yesterday.
Old 06-19-2018, 05:43 AM   #32
Banned

Jun 2013

Found this post on Reddit and thought it would be beneficial to share here, considering this is what the article above mentions:

"I’ve worked for companies that have been bought by investment firms on several occasions. It’s always the same SOP:

1) Immediately close unprofitable or redundant locations with very little notice.

2) Pay vendors extremely slow (90-120 days) to the point where they threaten not to ship additional product. They end up always “coming through” since the appointed CEO will devote most of their time and a significant amount of company travel funds to stress how “valued” they are... but it’s all a huge load of BS. The “peons” in Purchasing realize that all too well.

3) Expect 3 to 4 times traditional productivity from remaining outlets which means tons of overtime... constant job threats... and unrealistic goals expected to be constantly exceeded.

The whole point is for the investment firm to make a significant profit in 3-4 years and take 100% of the credit regardless of the company’s overall history. The company’s foundation... past management...or whatever means NOTHING to them. They’ll lie to you a million times saying they do... but it doesn’t mean JACK SQUAT. You’ll find that out QUICK.

For an investment firm... it’s all about making a significant quick buck and take all the credit... and once that happens they’re LONG GONE."
Old 06-19-2018, 07:12 PM   #33
Banned

Jun 2013

Confirmation from yesterday with digital downloads taking another store down:

"GameStop confirms buyout talks as downloads take their toll - The retailer has been in financial trouble for a long while."

https://www.engadget.com/2018/06/19/...selloff-talks/
Old 06-20-2018, 05:00 PM   #34
Blu-ray Samurai

Feb 2014
Maine, USA

Quote:
Confirmation from yesterday with digital downloads taking another store down:

"GameStop confirms buyout talks as downloads take their toll - The retailer has been in financial trouble for a long while."

https://www.engadget.com/2018/06/19/...selloff-talks/
I really don't understand why downloading games has taken off so much when they pretty much charge the same price. At least with a physical copy you can sell it and recoup some of the expense (although I never sell my games, never know when you might feel retro and want to play an older game). Plus, it's an annoyance when the hard drive gets filled up, some of these games aren't small in size.
Thanks given by:
Blaze_Chamberlin (06-22-2018)
Old 06-20-2018, 10:46 PM   #35
Blu-ray Knight

Sep 2011
USA
Send a message via Skype™ to Kellz

people are too lazy to get up and put a new game in lol
Old 06-22-2018, 06:04 AM   #36
Blu-ray Knight

Sep 2011
Behind the wheel of my Civic [DX]

Someone needs to resuscitate GameStop fast. Their stores reminds me of Blockbuster in its final years before closing.
Thanks given by:
Blaze_Chamberlin (06-22-2018)
Old 06-29-2018, 04:17 AM   #37
Blu-ray Knight

Jan 2017
Cow Country

I just saw they're going to start selling comic books. https://www.fool.com/investing/2018/...-comic-bo.aspx

Too little too late. Especially if they're gonna mark them up or be snobby about what they carry.
Old 02-08-2019, 05:14 AM   #38
Banned

Jun 2013

GameStop Stock Plummets After Ending Effort to Sell Itself

http://fortune.com/2019/01/29/gamestop-stock-sale/
Old 02-08-2019, 06:40 PM   #39
Expert Member

Oct 2009

GameStop came in handy for me when I wanted to upgrade consoles. Sold them my PS4 for $200 toward a PS4 Pro and then got $250 on the XBox One S toward the XBox One X.

Also sell them old games toward newer games sometimes. You can at least get some value back, albeit however little, when you don't want a game anymore if it is a physical copy. Digital copies you don't want anymore can't be traded.
Old 04-03-2019, 01:30 AM   #40
Banned

Jun 2013

GameStop is sinking after the company said it won't issue annual earnings guidance

https://markets.businessinsider.com/...9-4-1028080202
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Hot Deals > Movie and TV Deals > Retail/Shopping