Best Nintendo Switch Game Deals

Best Nintendo Switch Game Deals, See All the Deals »

Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Japan
Blacksad: Under The Skin (Switch)
$19.99
7 hrs ago
Ni no Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch (Switch)
$29.99
9 hrs ago
Just Dance 2020 (Switch)
$19.99
13 hrs ago
LEGO Marvel Superheroes 2 (Switch)
$14.99
7 hrs ago
A Hat In Time (Switch)
$29.99
12 hrs ago
Mortal Kombat 11 (Switch)
$24.99
7 hrs ago
Wolfenstein II: The New Colossus (Switch)
$29.97

Vampyr (Switch)
$29.99

Assassin's Creed: The Rebel Collection (Switch)
$24.99

Darksiders Genesis (Switch)
$33.88

God Eater 3 (Switch)
$29.99

Luigi's Mansion 3 (Switch)
$50.90

What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Gaming > Nintendo > Nintendo Switch

Old 01-17-2020, 02:38 AM   #81

Sep 2017
Minnesota, USA

The final DLC looks interesting, but I need more details. Currently wondering if it's a separate route entirely or something you do while in one of the current routes, recruiting the Ashen Wolves members to your main House.

I have only played the Blue Lions route so far, but that was months ago and before I got the DLC as a gift. Between this and the Smash Ultimate announcement, my interest is piqued to play another route. Do they go faster in New Game +? Blue Lions took me around 55 hours.
Old 01-17-2020, 02:53 AM   #82
Entertainment Moderator

Jan 2009
-
-
-
-
-

I shaved off 10 hours for each subsequent play through after my 50 hour first run since the first half is primarily the same between routes outside of character specific stuff and a few small other things. The second half is where the differences come in to play.

It sounds like the new ‘House’ is just a side story.
Thanks given by:
Batman1980 (01-17-2020)
Old 01-17-2020, 07:02 PM   #83
Blu-ray Samurai

Apr 2011

I spent about 100 hours on my first run, and barely started my second run before I took a break. I intend to return to it at some point.

Reading the description on the Japanese Nintendo page, it appears that the DLC is not accessible via the other routes. It will have its own save file, where you start from scratch by selecting your gender, difficulty, etc.

It also seems like it won't follow the same calendar system as the main game, and you go into battle with predetermined characters. Due to this fact, there is also no recruiting like in the main game.

https://topics.nintendo.co.jp/c/arti...b7ac45a6d.html
Thanks given by:
Batman1980 (01-18-2020), Diesel (01-17-2020)
Old 01-17-2020, 08:39 PM   #84
Blu-ray Baron

Jun 2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diesel View Post
I shaved off 10 hours for each subsequent play through after my 50 hour first run since the first half is primarily the same between routes outside of character specific stuff and a few small other things. The second half is where the differences come in to play.

It sounds like the new ‘House’ is just a side story.
My initial play through took me 50 hours too. Looking back six months later, this game is without a doubt one of the best gaming experiences I have ever had. I got a five day mini vacation from work and played it practically nonstop. I'm at a point where I want to say Fire Emblem has become my favorite Nintendo franchise. Pokemon previously held the title and always will in terms of nostalgia but FE has taken over. It's funny, I started playing Fire Emblem with Awakening on the 3DS in 2014 and that's around the time the Pokemon series began going downhill.

I still need to play through the remaining two houses but I'm having a hard time finding the time to do so. My PS4 backlog has grown out of control. Once I finish Days Gone I'm onto Kakarot which is sure to take me another month or so. Maybe I'll get around to my Blue Lions and Golden Deer play throughs before FFVII remake in April.
Thanks given by:
Batman1980 (01-18-2020)
Old 01-18-2020, 01:57 AM   #85
Blu-ray Baron

Oct 2012
New York

I only started playing last month and so far only got a little bit done. Of course Pokémon has taken up a lot of my time. I’ve replayed the story 8 times so far. I’m really enjoying Sword and Shield. As far as Three Houses go, I’ve beaten the mock battle yesterday and received the mission to stop the thieves.
Old 01-29-2020, 07:38 PM   #86
Blu-ray Samurai

Apr 2011

So it seems like while the DLC side story is its own thing with a separate save file, you will be able to enter the "abyss" and scout the Ashen Wolves characters in the main game depending on how far you've advanced within the side story.
Thanks given by:
Diesel (01-30-2020)
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Gaming > Nintendo > Nintendo Switch