Best Nintendo Switch Game Deals

Best Nintendo Switch Game Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Japan Mexico
Blacksad: Under The Skin (Switch)
$19.99

Fire Emblem: Three Houses (Switch)
$44.99

LEGO Marvel Superheroes 2 (Switch)
$14.99

Ni no Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch (Switch)
$29.99

Assassin's Creed: The Rebel Collection (Switch)
$24.99

Bee Simulator (Switch)
$19.99

Mortal Kombat 11 (Switch)
$24.99

A Hat In Time (Switch)
$29.99

Wolfenstein II: The New Colossus (Switch)
$29.97

Fire Emblem Warriors (Switch)
$24.49

Spirit Hunter: NG (Switch)
$36.99

Vampyr (Switch)
$29.99

What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Gaming > Nintendo > Nintendo Switch

Old 07-17-2019, 04:46 PM   #41
Blu-ray Baron

Mar 2007
Chattanooga, TN

Quote:
Originally Posted by dyne View Post
Awesome!
Old 10-21-2019, 03:38 PM   #42
Special Member

Mar 2010
Los Angeles

This is great. Wish I could have attended.

Old 10-22-2019, 04:34 AM   #43
Blu-ray Guru

May 2016

what are the chances they make a guide for this?
Old 10-22-2019, 01:47 PM   #44
Blu-ray Baron

Mar 2007
Chattanooga, TN

Tim Gettys and Greg Miller previewed Luigi's Mansion 3 on Kinda Funny Games. They weren't quite as high on it as I was hoping. They say it's "good" but it's not great. They said it's a solid "AA" first party game. It's a shame. I was hoping this installment was going to really elevate the franchise to that upper "Mario" level. They said there are some questionable mechanics that Nintendo forces you to play with and that the game doesn't look as good as they were hoping. Not from a graphical style point of view but he said the game has a soft, almost upres'd look instead of being true 720p/1080p. Tim even went so far as to say he thinks this started out as a 3DS game and was moved to Switch development at some point. He said it's probably a "7.5" kind of game.
Old 10-22-2019, 02:02 PM   #45
Blu-ray Guru

Oct 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by prkchopexpress View Post
what are the chances they make a guide for this?
Probably online only. I doubt there will be a physical guide published in America. In Japan however they still publish physical guides for almost all of their games.
Old 10-22-2019, 10:36 PM   #46
Blu-ray Baron

Oct 2012
New York

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steelmaker View Post
Tim Gettys and Greg Miller previewed Luigi's Mansion 3 on Kinda Funny Games. They weren't quite as high on it as I was hoping. They say it's "good" but it's not great. They said it's a solid "AA" first party game. It's a shame. I was hoping this installment was going to really elevate the franchise to that upper "Mario" level. They said there are some questionable mechanics that Nintendo forces you to play with and that the game doesn't look as good as they were hoping. Not from a graphical style point of view but he said the game has a soft, almost upres'd look instead of being true 720p/1080p. Tim even went so far as to say he thinks this started out as a 3DS game and was moved to Switch development at some point. He said it's probably a "7.5" kind of game.
GameXplain said itís overall gameplay is "in between" 1 and 2, with the ghosts being more like 2 as far as the variety goes. They lamented that it doesnít have as large a variety of ghosts as 1.
Old 10-23-2019, 01:49 AM   #47
Blu-ray Guru

May 2016

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donl1282 View Post
Probably online only. I doubt there will be a physical guide published in America. In Japan however they still publish physical guides for almost all of their games.
i have one for mario odyssey, which was great in trying to find all the moons. and i remember having one for luigiís mansion for the gamecube.

games are so vast now, you need a guide to find everything.
Old 10-23-2019, 01:49 AM   #48
Blu-ray Baron

Mar 2007
Chattanooga, TN

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarface32 View Post
GameXplain said it’s overall gameplay is "in between" 1 and 2, with the ghosts being more like 2 as far as the variety goes. They lamented that it doesn’t have as large a variety of ghosts as 1.
Again I’m just going to keep saying it. It’s utter highway robbery that Nintendo keeps charging full 60.00 AAA prices for these games that are clearly not AAA experiences. Nintendo really pisses me off that they refuse to put any ambition into these IP’s. Games like this, Yoshi’s Crafted World, Kirby Star Allies, Mario Tennis, Pokťmon Lets Go, Mario Maker, etc all feel like glorified 3DS titles, which would be fine if Nintendo charged 3DS prices for them. It’s like Nintendo wants to have their cake and eat it too by making these games as safe and low budget as possible, while at the same time pretend like it’s justified to charge full price for them.
Old 10-23-2019, 02:48 AM   #49
Blu-ray Count

Sep 2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by prkchopexpress View Post
i have one for mario odyssey, which was great in trying to find all the moons. and i remember having one for luigiís mansion for the gamecube.

games are so vast now, you need a guide to find everything.
I think itís because everything can be found online & for free these days. I used to like collecting certain guides back in the day (Resident Evil, Silent Hill, certain Final Fantasy ones). I donít have many left though, mainly just kept the horror games & Legend of Zelda ones. Last one I bought was the guide for Breath of the Wild for my Zelda collection. I wish they had made one for Linkís Awakening also. Looking forward to this game though, canít wait to pick it up on Halloween.
Old 10-23-2019, 03:39 AM   #50
Blu-ray Baron

Oct 2012
New York

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steelmaker View Post
Again Iím just going to keep saying it. Itís utter highway robbery that Nintendo keeps charging full 60.00 AAA prices for these games that are clearly not AAA experiences. Nintendo really pisses me off that they refuse to put any ambition into these IPís. Games like this, Yoshiís Crafted World, Kirby Star Allies, Mario Tennis, Pokťmon Lets Go, Mario Maker, etc all feel like glorified 3DS titles, which would be fine if Nintendo charged 3DS prices for them. Itís like Nintendo wants to have their cake and eat it too by making these games as safe and low budget as possible, while at the same time pretend like itís justified to charge full price for them.
Iím still pissed about Kirby Star Allies. I beat it in about 4-5 hours. Thatís the same amount of time it took to beat Untitled Goose Game, and that was only $15.
Old 10-23-2019, 08:47 AM   #51
Blu-ray Knight

Dec 2010

I'll wait for a sale

I think Link's Awakening should've been priced like a 3ds game as well
Old 10-23-2019, 09:11 AM   #52
Blu-ray Baron

Mar 2007
Chattanooga, TN

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talal86 View Post
I'll wait for a sale

I think Link's Awakening should've been priced like a 3ds game as well
Thank you! I forgot to mention Links Awakening. That's another one that should've been a 39.99 title.

Last edited by Steelmaker; 10-23-2019 at 12:50 PM.
Old 10-23-2019, 03:29 PM   #53
Blu-ray Baron

Oct 2012
New York

Now that my GCU expired, I’m going to wait for sales before buying any Nintendo game I feel is overpriced. I was able to get a 20% discount on Link’s Awakening, so that wasn’t so bad.
Old 10-23-2019, 03:34 PM   #54
Blu-ray Guru

Oct 2012

So this game has local co-op for the story mode (Single player game playable with a friend)?

I hope they eventually remake Dark Moon with checkpoints during the missions. I stopped playing the 3DS game due to getting killed after spending 15 minutes into a mission and having to start all over.

I agree on the game being overpriced but since I really look forward to it I will be getting it at launch from Bullmoose online for a few bucks off MSRP.
Old 10-23-2019, 03:42 PM   #55
Blu-ray Baron

Oct 2012
New York

The games I was able to lock in the 20% discount by pre-ordering before my GCU expired are:

Pokťmon Sword
Pokťmon Shield
Shovel Knight: Treasure Trove
Luigi’s Mansion 3
Bayonetta 3
Metroid Prime 4
Animal Crossing: New Horizons

I had two other games but they were cancelled on me. If they ever come out, I will NOT be getting them from Best Buy. They screwed themselves when they ended the GCU program, now there is no incentive to shop with them over other retailers.
Old 10-26-2019, 01:29 AM   #56
Entertainment Moderator

Jan 2009
-
-
-
-
-

Except the $10 rewards, the rewards program that Target/Walmart don't offer and not dealing with clueless workers from Walmart/Target

I will always choose Best Buy over those two places even with all things equal. GCU made absolutely no sense for them as a business at the price they were offering it. While I loved it, I also completely understand removing it.
Old 10-27-2019, 11:41 PM   #57
Blu-ray Samurai

Jan 2015
Myrtle Beach, SC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diesel View Post
Except the $10 rewards, the rewards program that Target/Walmart don't offer and not dealing with clueless workers from Walmart/Target

I will always choose Best Buy over those two places even with all things equal. GCU made absolutely no sense for them as a business at the price they were offering it. While I loved it, I also completely understand removing it.
Another thing that I like way more about Best Buy is that you can pick out your game and carry it to the counter. Target and Wal-Mart keep their games behind glass and you have to hope someone is working the department and can help you.
Thanks given by:
Diesel (10-29-2019)
Old 10-28-2019, 06:39 PM   #58
Blu-ray Baron

Mar 2007
Chattanooga, TN

Reviews are coming in and they are all very good, very solid. IGN gave it an 8.3. It's currently sitting at 86 on Metacritic. My faith in this game has improved after seeing Kinda Funny's preview of the game. I'm not sure why Greg and Tim were so down on the game but, I'm still looking forward to playing it!
Old 10-28-2019, 07:37 PM   #59
Blu-ray Knight

Dec 2010

that's lower than expected, specially with the Nintendo curve and all
Old 10-28-2019, 07:40 PM   #60
Blu-ray Baron

Mar 2007
Chattanooga, TN

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talal86 View Post
that's lower than expected, specially with the Nintendo curve and all
4 points from a 90 on Metacritic? That's not bad at all. On IGN's scale an 8.3 is "Great."
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Gaming > Nintendo > Nintendo Switch