Best Nintendo Switch Game Deals

Best Nintendo Switch Game Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Japan
Darksiders Genesis (Switch)
$33.88

Dead Cells: Action Game of the Year (Switch)
$24.99

Vampyr (Switch)
$29.99

Luigi's Mansion 3 (Switch)
$49.94

God Eater 3 (Switch)
$29.99

Super Bomberman R (Switch)
$19.99

Reel Fishing: Road Trip Adventure (Switch)
$11.35

The Legend of Zelda: Link’s Awakening (Switch)
$49.49

Valfaris (Switch)
$28.91

Darksiders II (Switch)
$23.71

Marvel Ultimate Alliance 3: The Black Order (Switch)
$47.99

Dragon Quest XI S: Echoes of an Elusive Age (Switch)
$49.99

What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Gaming > Nintendo > Nintendo Switch

Old 03-30-2019, 12:27 AM   #81
Blu-ray Grand Duke

Jan 2014
Philadelphia, PA

I just beat it a few days ago. It's pretty easy playing solo, and kind of generic. I started Donkey Kong Country Returns afterward and so far that's like a zillion times better IMO, because it has some challenge and creative levels/atmosphere. Not saying this is bad at all, just kind of... bland. I still had fun with it.

Might play Luigi U at some point but will probably do DK and then Yoshi first.
Old 04-06-2019, 07:35 AM   #82
Blu-ray Samurai

Apr 2011

I just started playing this about a week ago, and am about to complete the 4th world. It's decently fun and entertaining, but I do agree that it doesn't really grab you... (The co-op is pretty fun though--frustrating, but fun, lol.) Overall, the New Super Mario Bros. series has probably run its course. Hopefully the come up with something more innovative for the next 2D platformer.

I'm thinking once I beat this, there won't be too much incentive to keep the game around. And I'm sure Super Mario Maker 2 is bound to make this pretty obsolete, as I'm assuming we'll get to play a near-endless number of much more creative stages.

Like everyone else, I do hope to see Super Mario 3D World ported to the Switch. I've actually never been much of a fan of the sandbox Mario games for some reason (only got a few hours into Super Mario Odyssey), but I really enjoyed Super Mario 3D Land.
Old 04-07-2019, 02:10 PM   #83
Special Member

Oct 2016
Australia

3D World isn't really a sandbox game.
Old 04-07-2019, 03:26 PM   #84

Nov 2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuzronk View Post
3D World isn't really a sandbox game.
I think celticmoon was a referring to Super Mario Odyssey as a sandbox, not 3D World.
Old 04-08-2019, 06:45 PM   #85
Blu-ray Grand Duke

Jan 2014
Philadelphia, PA

Quote:
Originally Posted by celticmoon View Post
I just started playing this about a week ago, and am about to complete the 4th world. It's decently fun and entertaining, but I do agree that it doesn't really grab you... (The co-op is pretty fun though--frustrating, but fun, lol.) Overall, the New Super Mario Bros. series has probably run its course. Hopefully the come up with something more innovative for the next 2D platformer.
What's funny is I recently played some NSMB Wii on PC with the Dolphin emulator and in 1080p it literally looks identical to the U version on Switch. They made no significant upgrades. Kind of a shame.
Old 08-26-2019, 02:18 PM   #86
Power Member

Jul 2010

I just picked this up a few weeks ago and it is the first Switch game I regret purchasing. Probably list to eBay this week.
Old 08-29-2019, 01:52 AM   #87
Entertainment Moderator

Jan 2009
-
-
-
-
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtu128 View Post
I just picked this up a few weeks ago and it is the first Switch game I regret purchasing. Probably list to eBay this week.
I definitely agree with you there. I never did end up finishing after picking it up on the $40 sale. I was also pretty mad about that since it ended up being on sale for about the same price physically a week or so later and I could have traded it in. That's why I hate buying games digitally unless they are dirt cheap or I know I will love them but I have a history of exceptions here and there that tend to not end well. This one helped me decide to start sticking to my guns and if I'm not definitely sure about a game do not buy it digitally. I also prefer physical in general to not eat up too much space on my SD card anyhow.

I justified it to myself as I bought this for $40 and World of Final Fantasy for $20 at the same time and I loved that game so I decided I only wasted $20 on this and paid $40 for WoFF
Old 08-29-2019, 03:51 PM   #88
Special Member

Aug 2015

Well that's really unfortunate you guys. I played it on the Wii U but I thought it was great. It was similar to Super Mario World in a lot of ways.
Old 08-29-2019, 10:10 PM   #89
Blu-ray Samurai

Jan 2015
Myrtle Beach, SC

I really enjoy this game. The story mode was a lot more than I expected and there was a lot of clever level designs.

I've also really enjoyed making my own levels. I never played the first Mario Maker.
Old 08-29-2019, 10:33 PM   #90
Blu-ray Baron

Oct 2012
New York

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heapashifter View Post
I really enjoy this game. The story mode was a lot more than I expected and there was a lot of clever level designs.

I've also really enjoyed making my own levels. I never played the first Mario Maker.
The Mario Maker thread is here:
https://forum.blu-ray.com/showthread.php?t=314850
Old 08-30-2019, 02:26 AM   #91
Blu-ray Samurai

Jan 2015
Myrtle Beach, SC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarface32 View Post
You're right. I got confused.

I do enjoy this game too.
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Gaming > Nintendo > Nintendo Switch