Best Nintendo Switch Game Deals

Best Nintendo Switch Game Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Japan Mexico
Blacksad: Under The Skin (Switch)
$19.99

Ni no Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch (Switch)
$29.99

LEGO Marvel Superheroes 2 (Switch)
$14.99

A Hat In Time (Switch)
$29.99

Mortal Kombat 11 (Switch)
$24.99

Risk of Rain 2 (Switch)
$23.00
3 hrs ago
Vampyr (Switch)
$29.99

Reel Fishing: Road Trip Adventure (Switch)
$10.43
11 hrs ago
Darksiders Genesis (Switch)
$33.88

Spyro Reignited Trilogy (Switch)
$29.99

God Eater 3 (Switch)
$29.99

Air Conflicts Collection (Switch)
$31.91

What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Gaming > Nintendo > Nintendo Switch

Old 09-20-2018, 08:48 PM   #41
Blu-ray Champion

Feb 2011

To be honest I was expecting exactly what we got with Nintendo Online. My main gripe is that this was a delayed feature. You would think they would have added something to justify that large delay but as it is, it's just a barely functional service. Exactly as promised.
Old 09-20-2018, 10:16 PM   #42
Blu-ray Baron

Oct 2012
New York

Quote:
Originally Posted by dyne View Post
To be honest I was expecting exactly what we got with Nintendo Online. My main gripe is that this was a delayed feature. You would think they would have added something to justify that large delay but as it is, it's just a barely functional service. Exactly as promised.
They have us a year of free online play, what more do you want?
Old 09-20-2018, 10:42 PM   #43
Blu-ray Baron

Mar 2007
Chattanooga, TN

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarface32 View Post
Native voice chat would have been a most excellent start. So would universal cloud saves across ALL games.

Nintendo should be embarrassed, honestly. My ****ing 2001 OG Xbox had native voice chat!
Old 09-21-2018, 06:19 PM   #44
Blu-ray Champion

Feb 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarface32 View Post
We only got free play because this wasn't up and running in time and you're missing the point I'm making. What justified the delay they had? This is still P2P matchmaking so they didn't even spin up any servers, which could justify a small delay. This is still the same list of NES games they originally announced so no time added for that. We're still using a damned phone app for chat which probably has more to do with a lack of system resources (like the PS3 and lack of party chat) than the intern not getting proper chat sorted. So no delay there. I'm complaining because I want to know why it was delayed. This is a bare minimum effort and should have launched on time. As it is, giving away free matchmaking and then taking it away after so long is only going to be a negative going forward without some killer upgrades to the service. If this is exactly what they announced and exactly what was delivered after a year plus delay I think we can know what to expect going forward.
Old 09-21-2018, 06:23 PM   #45
Blu-ray Guru

Nov 2009
Buffalo NY

Do we lose access to current NES games when new games are roll out in the future?
Old 09-25-2018, 09:23 PM   #46
Blu-ray Champion

Feb 2011

https://arstechnica.com/gaming/2018/...-subscription/

Quote:
[Update Sept. 25: Nintendo has now confirmed to IGN that it will retain players' cloud saves for six months after they cancel their subscription. "Nintendo will allow users who resubscribe within 180 days to access their previous Save Data Cloud backups," the statement reads, in part.
Old 09-26-2018, 02:13 AM   #47
Entertainment Moderator

Jan 2009
-
-
-
-
-

That's the same as PS+ right?
Old 09-27-2018, 02:45 PM   #48
Special Member

Aug 2015

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diesel View Post
That's the same as PS+ right?
Yeah, that's the stated policy anyway. Although I lapsed for more than 6 months once and it still had all my saves.
Old 10-03-2018, 03:58 PM   #49
Blu-ray Champion

Feb 2011

https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2...ames-next-week

Quote:
Three more NES games will join the Nintendo Switch Online subscription service next week, on 10th October.

Paid-up members will be able to play NES Open Tournament Golf, puzzle game Solomon's Key and arcade sports title Super Dodge Ball in addition to the 20 retro classics already available.

This version of Golf is the later, Mario-starring edition - and not to be confused with the original NES golf game, which was just called Golf.
Looks like we're drip feeding yet again. No reason this couldn't have launched with SNES and GBA games as well.
Old 10-04-2018, 02:20 AM   #50
Blu-ray Knight

Feb 2008

If they release 3 games every few weeks that will be plenty for me. I haven't even had a chance to play many of the original 20.

Last edited by captveg; 10-04-2018 at 03:16 PM.
Old 11-07-2018, 01:38 PM   #51
Blu-ray Champion

Feb 2011

Next Wednesday we get blessed with Metroid, Mighty Bomb Jack and Twinbee.

https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2...tter-next-week
Thanks given by:
Petey Parker (11-09-2018)
Old 11-09-2018, 01:58 PM   #52
Blu-ray Champion

Feb 2011

https://mynintendonews.com/2018/11/0...switch-online/

Quote:
Nintendo president Shuntaro Furukawa has revealed in the recent Nintendo Q&A for 2nd Quarter FY3/2019 that the Kyoto-based company is looking for ways to boost the appeal on the Nintendo Switch Online service which launched in September 2018. Nintendo has yet to announce subscriber numbers for their new online initiative.
Quote:
“Our focus at this point is on boosting the appeal of the service. We need to further enhance the content of the service for the subscriber base to reach a certain size, so that is what we’re working on, with the understanding that the time it will take to do so will be measured in years.”
You want to boost the appeal? You put two interns on the project and delayed it over a year. You're now trickling out NES games less than 10 a month and now decide you need to boost the appeal? Get some ****ing SNES, GB/GBC, GBA and N64 games on there yesterday.
Thanks given by:
Diesel (11-09-2018), Doomsday Clock (11-09-2018), Petey Parker (11-09-2018)
Old 11-10-2018, 04:25 PM   #53
Blu-ray Baron

Oct 2012
New York

Quote:
Originally Posted by dyne View Post
You want to boost the appeal? You put two interns on the project and delayed it over a year. You're now trickling out NES games less than 10 a month and now decide you need to boost the appeal? Get some ****ing SNES, GB/GBC, GBA and N64 games on there yesterday.
Even when Online was free, I hardly ever used it. For people like me that couldn’t care less about online play, we’re not interested in the online subscription. If Nintendo wanted to make their subscription service more appealing, convert it to a games service like Game Pass or PS Now.

They could go back to online play being free, and only charge for the NES/SNES/N64/etc. games.

It’s just like when people thought the Wii U was an add-on to the Wii, people will only associate something called "Nintendo Switch Online" with online gaming.
Old 11-14-2018, 01:53 PM   #54
Blu-ray Champion

Feb 2011

Gradius SP released with the other three this week as a surprise.

https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2...-online-update

Sounds like the extra Zelda release we got.

Quote:
It's not exactly an all-new take - Gradius SP simply grants you a fully powered-up Vic Viper ship and puts you straight into the fifth level of the game. It's a neat way of getting you properly into the thick of things, and an excellent way of getting acquainted with Gradius at its brilliant best.

Quote:
The Japanese Switch Online service also gets an SP version of Mario Open Golf, which joins the original Legend of Zelda in getting a slight makeover by Nintendo - though what changes have been made there remains a little unclear.
Old 12-05-2018, 04:10 PM   #55
Blu-ray Champion

Feb 2011

December 12th brings Ninja Gaiden, Wario's Woods and Adventures of LoLo.

https://mynintendonews.com/2018/12/0...december-12th/
Thanks given by:
Petey Parker (12-06-2018)
Old 01-09-2019, 02:17 AM   #56
Blu-ray Champion

Feb 2011

Next week we get Blaster Master and Zelda 2. Japan gets Joy Mech Fight in their bundle.
Thanks given by:
Petey Parker (01-09-2019)
Old 01-13-2019, 03:20 PM   #57
Entertainment Moderator

Jan 2009
-
-
-
-
-

Old 01-13-2019, 04:11 PM   #58
Blu-ray Champion

Feb 2011

Not sure if it’s in the video as I can’t stand that guys voice but supposedly there’s 3 more emulators as well.

Kachikachi (NES)
Canoe (SNES)
Hiyoko (???)
Count (???)

Canoe would be the third if SNES is added.

For those that have bought the NES controllers how do they come shipped? I have a USPS person that loves to make boxes fit in a mailbox even if he has to smash them to make them fit. Honest to God I’ve had to take a box cutter and cut the box pea up IN THE MAILBOX just to get the stuff out. God forbid he walk to the sun porch or hand it to the person there all day. With Amazon I can get replacements easily. I’d rather not deal with Nintendo for a smashed up box.

Last edited by dyne; 01-13-2019 at 05:11 PM.
Old 01-13-2019, 06:24 PM   #59

Jan 2019

Well, apparently a dataminer has found evidence of SNES games coming to the Switch Online Service, and from what some outlets are reporting there could be an announcement sometime this week. Most of the games that have been mined are games that already appear on the SNES Classic system, but there are others that kind of surprised me. Check out the story at the link below...

https://mynintendonews.com/2019/01/1...ne-snes-games/
Old 01-13-2019, 07:00 PM   #60
Blu-ray Champion

Feb 2011

Do you have Diesel on ignore?
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Gaming > Nintendo > Nintendo Switch