Best Blu-ray Movie Deals

Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Japan Mexico
Twin Peaks: From Z to A (Blu-ray)
$89.99
10 hrs ago
Twin Peaks: The Television Collection (Blu-ray)
$39.99
10 hrs ago
Alastair Sim's School for Laughter: 4 Classic Comedies (Blu-ray)
$46.49
1 hr ago
The Great Escape (Blu-ray)
$29.49

Galaxy Quest (Blu-ray)
$9.99
20 hrs ago
Inner Sanctum Mysteries (Blu-ray)
$46.49

Game of Thrones: The Complete Eighth Season (Blu-ray)
$31.46

Little Women (Blu-ray)
$19.95

Birds of Prey (And the Fantabulous Emancipation of One Harley Quinn) (Blu-ray)
$24.99

Twin Peaks: Fire Walk with Me (Blu-ray)
$19.99
10 hrs ago
1917 4K (Blu-ray)
$29.99

Hellboy (Blu-ray)
$5.00

What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Hot Deals > Movie and TV Deals > Retail/Shopping

Old 09-21-2018, 02:09 AM   #1
Blu-ray Baron

May 2011
Parts Unknown - because I blabbed about Mars!
-
-
Wal-Mart Savings Catcher changes 10/29 - Walmart Pay required. No more paper receipt scanning.

E-mail from Walmart:

Attn: Changes to Savings Catcher Terms of Use starting October 29, 2018

At Walmart, we’re committed to making your shopping experience using the Walmart app quicker and more convenient.

That’s why, on October 29, 2018, our Terms of Use for Savings Catcher will be changing, and Walmart Pay will be the exclusive way to submit your receipt to Savings Catcher. This will allow you to both submit and spend your Savings Catcher rewards within the same Walmart Pay experience. Due to this change, the ability to scan paper receipts within the app or submit via desktop will be discontinued.

How Savings Catcher Will Work

Rather than scanning paper receipts using the Savings Catcher scanner after paying, you’ll simply create an eReceipt using the Walmart Pay scanner when paying. Here’s how:

1. Enroll in Walmart Pay
2. Use Walmart Pay at checkout to create an eReceipt for submission. This can be done by:
- Opening Walmart Pay and selecting which credit, debit, or gift card you’d like to use.
- Using Walmart Pay to scan the QR code at the register to generate your eReceipt.
3. Tap "Submit Receipt" directly from your Walmart Pay confirmation page or from your Savings Catcher dashboard on the Walmart app

Benefits of using Walmart Pay

See why fellow Savings Catcher customers are already using Walmart Pay:
- One touch submissions: Submit your eReceipt before even leaving the store
- Save time and space: Never worry about leaving your wallet or purse at home by turning your phone into your secure mobile wallet
- Store your purchase history: Find your past purchases in your Purchase History, easily reorder your essentials, or start a Mobile Express Return—all in the app!
- Print eReceipts for cash back apps: Select a purchase from your Purchase History, share and print from your phone or email yourself your eReceipt

Enroll in Walmart Pay today on the Walmart app and discover easier, faster shopping.

Have questions? Please feel free to reach us at 1.800.WALMART.

Sincerely,
Your Walmart Savings Catcher Team

Last edited by DaBargainHunta; 09-21-2018 at 02:18 AM.
Thanks given by:
Clark Kent (09-27-2018), plateoshrimp (09-22-2018)
Old 09-21-2018, 02:21 AM   #2
Blu-ray Jedi

Aug 2011
Starship Avalon (You're My Shooting Star, You Make My Heart Ascend)

of course make it more a pain to sign up for another thing. Can't just leave things alone.
Thanks given by:
DaBargainHunta (09-21-2018)
Old 09-21-2018, 02:30 AM   #3
Blu-ray Baron

May 2011
-
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jennifer Lawrence Fan View Post
of course make it more a pain to sign up for another thing. Can't just leave things alone.
Yep! This sucks...
Old 09-21-2018, 02:32 AM   #4
Blu-ray Jedi

Aug 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaBargainHunta View Post
Yep! This sucks...
But I guess Saving Catcher and Instawatch are two different things. I mainly only use the IW and only go the SC if it asks if I want too submit the receipt.
Old 09-21-2018, 02:34 AM   #5
Blu-ray Knight

Jun 2009
Illinois

Man, I’m not a fan of using Walmart pay. I’ve been using the savings catcher for awhile but if I have to use Walmart pay at checkout I’ll probably just stop. Lame.
Old 09-21-2018, 02:36 AM   #6
Expert Member

Mar 2013
Marvel Universe

This change is because people were scanning receipts that were tossed on the ground. They want you to submit receipts from your purchases. By forcing Walmart Pay they eliminate the free money from recipients that were not yours.
Old 09-21-2018, 02:43 AM   #7
Blu-ray Jedi

Aug 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by RodChester View Post
Man, Iím not a fan of using Walmart pay. Iíve been using the savings catcher for awhile but if I have to use Walmart pay at checkout Iíll probably just stop. Lame.
So that's the only way to do this now in stores at the checkout?

of course others abuse it for everyone else
Old 09-21-2018, 02:55 AM   #8
Blu-ray Knight

Jun 2009
Illinois

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoWeb View Post
This change is because people were scanning receipts that were tossed on the ground. They want you to submit receipts from your purchases. By forcing Walmart Pay they eliminate the free money from recipients that were not yours.
Iím guilty of scanning a few receipts I found in the parking lot. I never went out of my way to get extra receipts, but if I found a larger one Iíd scan it.

Quote:
So that's the only way to do this now in stores at the checkout?

of course others abuse it for everyone else
Yeah it looks like it. I think itís just Walmart wanting everyone to sign up for their payment system.
Thanks given by:
Blaze_Chamberlin (09-27-2018)
Old 09-21-2018, 02:55 AM   #9
Blu-ray Ninja

Dec 2012

Quote:
But I guess Saving Catcher and Instawatch are two different things. I mainly only use the IW and only go the SC if it asks if I want too submit the receipt.
They're removing the ability to scan/add receipts in app and website. So, th only way to IW will be thru Walmart pay after 10/29.
Old 09-21-2018, 03:16 AM   #10
Blu-ray Jedi

Aug 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by unsung122212 View Post
They're removing the ability to scan/add receipts in app and website. So, th only way to IW will be thru Walmart pay after 10/29.
and you have to do that in store right?
Old 09-21-2018, 03:27 AM   #11
Blu-ray Ninja

Dec 2012

Quote:
and you have to do that in store right?
Yes, you will to select Walmart pay, and there will be qr code on screen to scan to complete the checkout.
Old 09-21-2018, 03:31 AM   #12
Blu-ray Jedi

Aug 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by unsung122212 View Post
Yes, you will to select Walmart pay, and there will be qr code on screen to scan to complete the checkout.
Really wanna make this a pain don't they? Like everything else in life.
Old 09-21-2018, 05:10 AM   #13
Special Member

May 2013
Harrisonburg, VA (Shenandoah Valley)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaBargainHunta View Post
E-mail from Walmart:

See why fellow Savings Catcher customers are already using Walmart Pay:

- Save time and space: Never worry about leaving your wallet or purse at home by turning your phone into your secure mobile wallet
Of all the things that I could find to worry about, leaving my wallet at home is not one of them.

BTW, I see this as WalMarts way of (1) "forcing" people to use their pay system in order to get the benefit of the Savings Catcher or (2) eliminating the need to so call price match. In either case it is for WalMart's benefit and not the consumer.
Thanks given by:
Blaze_Chamberlin (09-27-2018), Clark Kent (09-27-2018), neoz (09-21-2018)
Old 09-21-2018, 05:12 AM   #14

Dec 2009

Well it was fun while it lasted. I hated the fact that you couldn't get the info about your GC anymore. They blocked out the info and you couldn't use it to order stuff online. Then they were like oh but you can use it via WM pay. I'm like uhh I don't even use a smartphone.
Old 09-21-2018, 06:27 AM   #15

Jan 2013
Lansing KS

Well this is a bummer. I still pay in cash a lot; doesn't get any faster or secure than that. Guess I'll be missing out on Instawatch now, unless we'll still be able to submit receipts in the app for those.
Old 09-21-2018, 06:36 AM   #16
Special Member

Mar 2007

I scan receipts for IW but savings catcher has not ever found anything. Even when I purposely bought some stuff to see if it would work and it didn't. To me that part was a joke, at least on blu-rays. Yeah hopefully people can confirm if walmart pay is the only way to get IW as sometimes Walmart does have deals and I'll take a free digital movie with it!
Thanks given by:
Blaze_Chamberlin (09-27-2018)
Old 09-21-2018, 06:39 AM   #17
Blu-ray Ninja

Feb 2010
Alabama

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eve6insideandout View Post
I scan receipts for IW but savings catcher has not ever found anything. Even when I purposely bought some stuff to see if it would work and it didn't. To me that part was a joke, at least on blu-rays. Yeah hopefully people can confirm if walmart pay is the only way to get IW as sometimes Walmart does have deals and I'll take a free digital movie with it!
Savings Catcher only works with grocery and household items like laundry detergent, dish soap, toilet paper etc etc, and I think maybe some drug stuff, but not electronics.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pulp Hero View Post
Well this is a bummer. I still pay in cash a lot; guess I'll be missing out on Instawatch now.
Same. Do they really think that many people who go to Walmart are tech savy enough to do all this? I did it a few times for movies and small purchases, like when I had a bunch of gift cards or enough on Savings Catcher to be worth the trouble, and none of the employees knew what was going on... but for big trips like grocery, which is what Savings Catcher actually works on, I use cash. It was bad enough they stopped doing in store PM in favor of the Savings Catcher receipt scanning, now they're trying to force another dumb thing on us and their reasoning is total BS anyway. Doing one thing shouldn't mean they can't do the other two ways, because they are doing it like that right now as it is The few times I did Walmart Pay, it let me pay and then let me submit the receipt as soon as it was sent to the phone. Guess I can delete their crappy app now.

Trust me, if I had a Target or any other decent store within 15 minutes of me, I'd never step foot into this terrible place again.

Last edited by kevin87; 09-21-2018 at 06:48 AM.
Old 09-21-2018, 10:40 AM   #18
Blu-ray Baron

May 2011
-
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevin87 View Post
Savings Catcher only works with grocery and household items like laundry detergent, dish soap, toilet paper etc etc, and I think maybe some drug stuff, but not electronics.
But on iOS at least, it's currently the only way to get IW on in-store purchases that I know of. There is no separate IW feature on the iOS version of the app.
Old 09-21-2018, 11:48 AM   #19

Jul 2014
Omicron Persei 8

I really hope there's going to be a way to continue receiving IW if you don't participate with this program. From the way I've read the new TOS page, it doesn't seem IW is changing, nor the way you receive it, just the SC part of the Walmart app is being discontinued. Otherwise, I can easily see Walmart CS or VUDU CS being bombarded with calls about why their IW title didn't appear in their account.

I probably wont bother with this new program at all. The only registers at my store that have a screen to scan a QR code are at the self-checkout lanes which are closed after 10pm. The only time I go into Walmart is usually at Midnight, to buy a new release movie and pick up any spare grocery item I might need while I'm there. I see you can pay in cash, but you'll have to load it to your gift card first, which you'll then use on this app. Seems like a very inconvenient time waster and unnecessary step just to receive a few cents back off an item.
Old 09-21-2018, 01:11 PM   #20

Jul 2014
United States

I use Walmart Pay quite a bit because it's already integrated with Savings Catcher. It's actually pretty fast.
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Hot Deals > Movie and TV Deals > Retail/Shopping