Best Blu-ray Movie Deals

Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Japan Mexico
Alastair Sim's School for Laughter: 4 Classic Comedies (Blu-ray)
$46.49
23 hrs ago
3-D Rarities Volume II (Blu-ray)
$34.99
10 hrs ago
Birds of Prey (And the Fantabulous Emancipation of One Harley Quinn) (Blu-ray)
$24.99

Little Women (Blu-ray)
$19.95

Galaxy Quest (Blu-ray)
$9.99

Richard Jewell (Blu-ray)
$19.96
16 hrs ago
Arrow: A Journey's End (Blu-ray)
$5.99
3 hrs ago
Solid Metal Nightmares: The Films of Shinya Tsukamoto (Blu-ray)
$72.99

The Great Escape (Blu-ray)
$29.49

Doctor Who: The Complete David Tennant Collection (Blu-ray)
$14.99
18 hrs ago
1917 4K (Blu-ray)
$29.99

Three Fantastic Journeys by Karel Zeman (Blu-ray)
$71.14
1 hr ago
What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Hot Deals > Movie and TV Deals > Retail/Shopping

Old 03-06-2019, 10:44 PM   #21
Blu-ray Baron

Jun 2013

Amazon probably switched over to this to keep reps from giving out free months or Prime and refunding a certain percentage.
Old 03-07-2019, 12:38 AM   #22
Blu-ray Ninja

Dec 2009
Michigan, USA

Well, I was able to get Amazon Prime for $5.99 per month. Being on SSI as well as other forms of government assistance, Amazon does give a discount to those who are receiving some form of government assistance. I'm on SSI due to medical disabilities. The only thing you need to do is apply for it under your account and upload the documents so they can qualify you. It's a 50% discount off the cost of free shipping.

First time I've signed up for it and I do like the free shipping. I'm only ever ordering items that are available for Amazon Prime two-day shipping anyways and the Amazon Prime Video is also a nice bonus.
Old 03-07-2019, 05:20 AM   #23
Blu-ray Duke

Jul 2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by kemcha View Post
Well, I was able to get Amazon Prime for $5.99 per month. Being on SSI as well as other forms of government assistance, Amazon does give a discount to those who are receiving some form of government assistance. I'm on SSI due to medical disabilities. The only thing you need to do is apply for it under your account and upload the documents so they can qualify you. It's a 50% discount off the cost of free shipping.

First time I've signed up for it and I do like the free shipping. I'm only ever ordering items that are available for Amazon Prime two-day shipping anyways and the Amazon Prime Video is also a nice bonus.
They apparently also offer the same for those with an EBT or Medicaid card (limited to 4 years with annual renewal).

https://www.amazon.com/l/16256994011
Old 03-07-2019, 05:22 AM   #24
Blu-ray Knight

Sep 2011
USA
Send a message via Skype™ to Kellz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jr7936 View Post
it also appears that amazon chat, under contact us is now run by bots
They give you a selection of three options to click and you select one. No longer can you type a message or tell a person about the problem
that must be very recent, as i was able to type a message just earlier this week
Old 03-07-2019, 05:45 AM   #25
Blu-ray Champion

Oct 2009

i noticed it late afternoon today 3/6/2018, when i was going to enquire about a missing cd from a box set sold by a third party seller, since when I sent the email they mentioned the seller had 24 hours to respond and i heard nothing

I just tried again tonight, and I saw you could type in something as well, I said can I speak to a rep, but when I did that, it took me back to the bot function

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kellz View Post
that must be very recent, as i was able to type a message just earlier this week
Old 03-14-2019, 03:06 AM   #26
Banned

Jun 2018

Quote:
i noticed it late afternoon today 3/6/2018, when i was going to enquire about a missing cd from a box set sold by a third party seller, since when I sent the email they mentioned the seller had 24 hours to respond and i heard nothing

I just tried again tonight, and I saw you could type in something as well, I said can I speak to a rep, but when I did that, it took me back to the bot function
Is it maybe because it's a 3rd party seller? I just did a live chat with them about an order that was damaged.
Old 03-16-2019, 07:18 PM   #27
Special Member

Aug 2017

Amazon appears to have made a permanent change of their daily deals. Like they foolishly do on BF and prime day, you can no longer search what's coming up, search by product category, search by deal type, nothing. It's all meshed together, so unless you want to see what's on sale at present and have an hour to search through ALL of their so-called deals, their daily deals page has become COMPLETELY useless. I can only imagine it's to avoid whiners from complaining about something selling out before they saw it. As their is no possible way this change could increase sells. Yet another reason to abandon this sinking ship. Bezo's wife better push for a settlement before his net worth takes a dive.
Old 03-27-2019, 05:25 PM   #28
Blu-ray Samurai

Nov 2010
Glendale, CA

Amazon is just becom8ng the worst. My frustration at their shitty shipping boiled over today. I just received my Arrow Larraz set and it was shipped in a bubble bag and the corners were banged up. I immediately set it up for return and refund. Iím just going to spend the extra money and buy it at Diabolik.
Old 03-27-2019, 10:30 PM   #29
Blu-ray Prince

Oct 2007
Metropolis

This is what happens when a business develops such a powerful monopoly. Amazon has so much power over retail shopping now they have no true competitors.

Amazon has become so insulated from normal business competition that they don't mind losing sales at the margins.
Thanks given by:
JurassicBD (03-28-2019)
Old 03-28-2019, 12:39 AM   #30
Blu-ray Ninja

Jul 2010
Charlotte, NC
-
-
-
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clark Kent View Post
This is what happens when a business develops such a powerful monopoly. Amazon has so much power over retail shopping now they have no true competitors.

Amazon has become so insulated from normal business competition that they don't mind losing sales at the margins.
Especially when people accept increasingly poor service delivered with a bad attitude, less than competitive pricing, and still actively avoid buying from other stores that would be in their best interest.

How many times on this board -- well I paid a little more, it arrived later than it was supposed to, and packed poorly but I'd rather buy from Amazon to show them my support.

up to 45 day price protection at BBY, 60-90 days at Target and Walmart, but people will still pay more upfront not even counting Prime Fees to avoid the other 3 stores.

Amazon lost me for virtually all media purchases when that dropped all price protection -- that was the very last straw. I'm a charter (still) Prime member back tot he Free Trial and 1/2 price for the 1st 6 months or year so I even have a dog in the fight. My Prime in grandfathered and shared with 3 other immediate family (2 still in college but no eligible for student price) who live out of state so I can't even cancel without hurting several people who use it more than I do.
Old 03-28-2019, 05:18 AM   #31
Blu-ray Champion

Oct 2009

now it appears you can only use the char bot for chatting with them about orders, sold by amazon. if you want to speak to a person you have to email or have them call you
it's so annoying
Old 03-28-2019, 08:12 AM   #32
Special Member

Aug 2017

Quote:
Originally Posted by hariseldon View Post
Especially when people accept increasingly poor service delivered with a bad attitude, less than competitive pricing, and still actively avoid buying from other stores that would be in their best interest.

How many times on this board -- well I paid a little more, it arrived later than it was supposed to, and packed poorly but I'd rather buy from Amazon to show them my support.

up to 45 day price protection at BBY, 60-90 days at Target and Walmart, but people will still pay more upfront not even counting Prime Fees to avoid the other 3 stores.

Amazon lost me for virtually all media purchases when that dropped all price protection -- that was the very last straw. I'm a charter (still) Prime member back tot he Free Trial and 1/2 price for the 1st 6 months or year so I even have a dog in the fight. My Prime in grandfathered and shared with 3 other immediate family (2 still in college but no eligible for student price) who live out of state so I can't even cancel without hurting several people who use it more than I do.
Grandfathered??? How'd you swing that?

Quote:
now it appears you can only use the char bot for chatting with them about orders, sold by amazon. if you want to speak to a person you have to email or have them call you
it's so annoying
Email?!?!?!?!?!? They dropped that option many months ago. I even complained, because it's easier for me to send an email and reply once they've replied than to wait for for their SLOW chat reps to answer very basic queries, or have to hang-up mid phone call because something more urgent comes up while I'm waiting 20 minutes on the agent to research it, verify what I've told them, or just set up an exchange. I just had to chat with them this week, and didn't see any email option. It didn't require I even select an order to chat about though. I was just giving them feedback, complaining about how over 50% of our orders have arrived late this year, most of which seems to be on amazon's end - possibly related to their new courier system, delaying delivery by handing off to the USPS instead of delivering the packages themselves.
Old 03-28-2019, 08:17 AM   #33
Blu-ray Ninja

Jul 2010
Charlotte, NC
-
-
-
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by JurassicBD View Post
Grandfathered??? How'd you swing that?
Grandfathered for services, not price.

I can still share shipping with the same 4 people (direct family) who have been on it since the oldest went to college. Nothing other than shipping applies to anyone other than the primary so no music or video, etc.

I have to keep it active and I can't add or change people so it's stuck for now, but it's still more useful than Prime Family or whatever they call it now since they can all have their own sign-in and pay with their own Debit/Credit so they don't directly share my Credit card.
Old 03-29-2019, 03:18 AM   #34
Blu-ray Champion

Oct 2009

I got email though my amazon app on phone, but when I tried to chat and I clicked on the face button with a generic face the only option I got was for amazon to contact me, no way to get a chat going to complain about a preorder item that got delayed since they ran out of stock. all the bot could tell me was its being packed for shipping which was a total lie hahahahahah

Email?!?!?!?!?!? They dropped that option many months ago. I even complained, because it's easier for me to send an email and reply once they've replied than to wait for for their SLOW chat reps to answer very basic queries, or have to hang-up mid phone call because something more urgent comes up while I'm waiting 20 minutes on the agent to research it, verify what I've told them, or just set up an exchange. I just had to chat with them this week, and didn't see any email option. It didn't require I even select an order to chat about though. I was just giving them feedback, complaining about how over 50% of our orders have arrived late this year, most of which seems to be on amazon's end - possibly related to their new courier system, delaying delivery by handing off to the USPS instead of delivering the packages themselves.[/QUOTE]
Old 04-05-2019, 10:52 PM   #35
Blu-ray Guru

Aug 2012
Los Angeles, CA

Quote:
Originally Posted by TB12isGOAT View Post
Anybody know how long an account is eligible to receive the 'Prime Student' discount for? Can't imagine it's forever.
I was lucky enough and got it for a fifth year but itís officially gone now

Iím doing the monthly trial but I really donít want to pay $120.00. Iím going to miss the $49 option.
Old 04-24-2019, 10:23 PM   #36
Blu-ray Champion

Oct 2009

in my view amazon us has been doing something a little shady. It used to be when you had a card it couldn't charge it would just eventually let the item cancel if you didn't change payment method
now on some items, they actually change the card to any card on your saved cards that will have enough on it to accept the charge without telling you first

I am not a fan of this at all
Old 04-25-2019, 01:08 AM   #37
Blu-ray Duke

Jul 2007

Quote:
in my view amazon us has been doing something a little shady. It used to be when you had a card it couldn't charge it would just eventually let the item cancel if you didn't change payment method
now on some items, they actually change the card to any card on your saved cards that will have enough on it to accept the charge without telling you first

Thanks for the heads up! I checked my account, and under "My Amazon Wallet" or "Payment options" there is a section titled "Manage backup payment method settings". It looks like it's enabled by default, but I was able to disable that option.
Old 04-25-2019, 01:19 AM   #38
Blu-ray Baron

Jun 2013

Quote:

This happened to me twice recently when using the $1.99 week trial of Prime. Thankfully it was only $2 bucks and I got it refunded after cancelling, but still. It was because they had my old debit card that was no longer active and an active credit card, so they auto charged the credit card after the debit declined.
Old 04-25-2019, 01:25 AM   #39
Expert Member

Dec 2010
California

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrsl76 View Post
Amazon is just becoming the worst. My frustration at their shitty shipping boiled over today. I just received my Arrow Larraz set and it was shipped in a bubble bag and the corners were banged up. I immediately set it up for return and refund. I’m just going to spend the extra money and buy it at Diabolik.
I agree. This is a big problem with ordering from Amazon. 4 out of 5 times Amazon ships me a Box Set in a bubble bag and it arrives damaged. I've tried exchanging, but the next one usually arrives the same. Have you seen the Amazon Return ship site in Marina Del Rey? Packages literally get thrown into a bin, so you know items are getting even more damaged on the way back. I understand most people aren't as picky as us when it comes to movie packaging, but if a person is buying a "Collector's Edition" wouldn't it make sense to ship it in a box? I realize boxes cost them more than bubble bags, but all that returning/exchanging is an expense for them, too. I'd pay extra if they gave us a "ship in box" option.
Old 04-25-2019, 06:45 AM   #40
Blu-ray Knight

Jan 2017
Cow Country

Quote:

Thanks for the info. I guess they want to be "convenient" but this is just another thing for a scammer to take advantage of. I went ahead and put email alerts on my credit cards recently as a precaution, so disabling this as well is another safeguard.
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Hot Deals > Movie and TV Deals > Retail/Shopping