Best Blu-ray Movie Deals

Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Japan Mexico
Alastair Sim's School for Laughter: 4 Classic Comedies (Blu-ray)
$46.49
23 hrs ago
3-D Rarities Volume II (Blu-ray)
$34.99
10 hrs ago
Birds of Prey (And the Fantabulous Emancipation of One Harley Quinn) (Blu-ray)
$24.99

Little Women (Blu-ray)
$19.95

Galaxy Quest (Blu-ray)
$9.99

Richard Jewell (Blu-ray)
$19.96
16 hrs ago
Arrow: A Journey's End (Blu-ray)
$5.99
3 hrs ago
Solid Metal Nightmares: The Films of Shinya Tsukamoto (Blu-ray)
$72.99

The Great Escape (Blu-ray)
$29.49

Doctor Who: The Complete David Tennant Collection (Blu-ray)
$14.99
18 hrs ago
1917 4K (Blu-ray)
$29.99

Dolittle 4K (Blu-ray)
$29.99
10 hrs ago
What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Hot Deals > Movie and TV Deals > Retail/Shopping

Old 04-26-2019, 02:09 AM   #41
Blu-ray Duke

Jul 2007

Wasn't expecting this:

Amazon to Cut Prime Two-day Shipping to One Day
Thanks given by:
Scarriere (05-19-2019)
Old 04-26-2019, 03:03 AM   #42
Blu-ray Knight

Jan 2017
Cow Country

I live within one day shipping zones already even without prime shipping, so prime just means they don't wait forever to ship it. Sometimes prime was even slower than regular shipping because they'd use UPS or slowpost which doesn't deliver on saturdays or they hand it to UPS who then gives it to the PO which adds a pointless extra day on.
Old 04-30-2019, 07:35 PM   #43
Blu-ray Baron

Oct 2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdodolak View Post
I wonder if that means Prime rates will increase yet again next year.
Old 05-07-2019, 06:40 PM   #44
Special Member

Aug 2017

We've had a number of next day deliveries lately. They were all delivered via either FedEx or UPS.

We ended up keeping Prime for another year. I chatted to cancel on the last day of our membership (turned out I hadn't already set it to cancel automatically, like I thought I had). But, I wanted to give them a piece of my mind, let them know about all the late deliveries we'd been getting, that appeared to be amazon shipping the orders late, and often via UPS UNsurpost. They volunteered to refund a $25 order because of it, and told me to keep the product. So, we decided not to cancel, partially because we feared we wouldn't get the refund if we did, as they said they'd process the refund as soon as it was delivered, which was several days later. Now, I've got to chat again to find out what happened to refund they promised, as I can't find any trace of it. Of course, they apparently eliminated the option to email a copy of the chat transcript, so I don't have any proof of their promise... I'll be sure to report back as to how it goes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by strumdogg View Post

PS: Never heard of the site, but their editors need work:
Don't they all? I can't remember the last time I read a news article online that did basic grammatical editing, much less focused on the more trivial things, like researching what they're talking about. We live in a world of "letters to the editor" quality journalism. And, I'm not even referring to sites staffed with volunteers. MSN, Reader's Digest, etc... are just as bad, if not worse, because some people might actually expect a modicum of professionalism and associated integrity there. Instead we get juvenile journalism, that's when it's not mere marketing in a misleading news format, of course.
Thanks given by:
AZBrowncoat (05-19-2019), Clark Kent (05-08-2019), strumdogg (05-07-2019)
Old 05-15-2019, 03:08 PM   #45
Blu-ray Guru

Feb 2009
Columbia, MO

Amazon is really bad about combining reviews for stuff. I came across some low budget tv show on Prime about wizards and stuff called The Dark Knight and all the reviews are for the Christopher Nolan movie.
Thanks given by:
Joeyseven (05-19-2019)
Old 05-15-2019, 08:15 PM   #46
Blu-ray Knight

Sep 2011
USA
Send a message via Skype™ to Kellz

I finally cancelled my membership yesterday. :/ might renew for black Friday but the past two years I’ve spent most of my money at BB
Old 05-18-2019, 05:47 AM   #47
Special Member

Aug 2017

Quote:
Originally Posted by rikraq View Post
Amazon is really bad about combining reviews for stuff. I came across some low budget tv show on Prime about wizards and stuff called The Dark Knight and all the reviews are for the Christopher Nolan movie.
They're also bad about changing listings to different items than those reviewed, and they take forever to correct even the most glaringly obvious mistakes these days, even after it's been reported to them. For months after I reported it to them, they had a listing for Home Improvement, that I'd been monitoring the price of in my wishlist for years, suddenly change to a listing for Last Man Standing. The title of the listing didn't change, but the pictures and description both were now incorrect. I just checked, and it seems they finally fixed it. It used to be you just had to worry about scammers selling knockoffs on amazon official listings, not to mention all the hordes of opportunists taking advantage of people who don't know what stuff sells for in the real world, like some cheap Ace Hardware LED candles that I paid $5 for in store and still regretted getting because they were so poorly made, that were being peddled for over $200 on amazon. Lots of that going on still. In fact, just yesterday, I discovered a 4 pack of compressed air, that I used to be able to buy at Sam's Club for $10, and is still available at Walmart for $15, was going for nearly $100 from nothing but amazon third parties. Amazon needs to ban that kind of nonsense, if they want to keep peoples trust. But these days, it seems you have to triple check that they aren't doing the same or have erroneous product info of their own.

On another review note, they sent me an offer to review something I'd recently purchased for a $3 GC. I think they called it their "early reviewer" program. I'd never heard of it before. But, I did it, as it seemed legit, even though I was hardly qualified to review that particular item I purchased. They sent me an offer to become a "vine" reviewer just a few weeks back, but I haven't checked into it yet. I just thought it was strange, they now seem to want me to review more, considering they banned me from reviewing on their site or even posting in their communities for a few months last year, without provocation, saying it was a permanent ban that couldn't be disputed, and that all my prior reviews would be removed from their system. They didn't do the later, and a few months later they sent me an email out of the blue saying it was a mistake and they'd reinstated my posting/review privileges. But I'd already gotten out of the habit - not sure I want to pick it up again. Kind of like posting on forums, or facebook I imagine, it'll steal a LOT of your life fast. But, old habits die hard.

Last edited by JurassicBD; 05-18-2019 at 06:04 AM.
Thanks given by:
Clark Kent (05-19-2019)
Old 05-19-2019, 06:14 PM   #48
Blu-ray Knight

Jan 2017
Cow Country

Yeah, I bought the graphic novel Wolverine: Origin, and then a bit later it was showing some Green Lantern nonsense, which screwed up my Library Thing page because they get listing info from amazon. Luckily LT allows you to override things and pick your own covers.
Old 05-24-2019, 08:02 AM   #49
Special Member

Aug 2017

After reading the details I decided to turn down their offer of free stuff through their vine review program. Seriously, who in their right mind would give amazon their social?!? I've been sent WAY more than $600 worth of product in a given year for evaluation and never had to do anything like that before. No chance I'd trust them with my social when they've already proven they can't even be trusted with an email!

I didn't like the part about any product you review being in limbo for 6 months before it's officially yours either. Definitely not worth it, if you can't keep what you review, continue to use it or get rid of it if it didn't work out. Having to stow it for 6 months on the chance the supplier might request it back...? I reviewed professionally for years. Never even heard of such nonsense. High dollar product is usually sent back upon completion of the evaluation, or you can buy it at the end or up front at dealer cost, which the markup on higher end gear can be pretty insane. But that's all laid out up front when you request it. I've never had to return anything with a price tag under a few hundred bucks. Though product much over $100 is often only made available to select outlets with a heightened expectation of exposure. From what I've seen, it appears amazon vine reviews are mostly for rather low end goods. Stuff that may be well made, but likely cost less than $20 to actually produce.

Last edited by JurassicBD; 05-24-2019 at 08:21 AM.
Old 06-07-2019, 07:14 PM   #50
Special Member

Aug 2017

I should've just cancelled and washed my hands of this increasingly dishonest, prone to aggravation, overgrown company. After they lied about giving me a refund on a late shipment just to keep me as a member, of which I have no proof, since they conveniently discontinues emailed copies of chat transcripts, then they lied again about giving me a $3 GC for trying out their EXTREMELY aggravating dysfunctional music service.

This week, I ordered a brand new movie (shipped AND sold by amazon), that appeared new upon arrival, though it oddly had a sticker over the slipcover barcode cutout with a different code (not a different barcode, more like a store code) to scan, which the sticker damaged the slip and had to be removed just to get the case out, as it was stuck to the cover and the shrinkwrap. Apparently, the BD must have been rewrapped, as I gave the digital copy to a family member and it came back as "already redeemed". I'm waiting on the studio to see if they'll send me a new code before contacting amazon.

Then yesterday, I had to send a VERY inaccurately described and rather poorly made Chinese product back for a refund. It was one of those things where if you saw it in a store there's no way anyone would pay that much for it, but just seeing pictures online it looked like it might be a MUCH better quality product, considering the price. They sent the refund as soon as I dropped the package off with UPS. But it turns out they didn't give me a refund at all, they gave me a credit, forcing me to spend more money with their increasingly untrustworthy system. It'd be no big deal if it were just a movie or something similarly inexpensive, but anything anywhere near the price range of what I was returning should be refunded to the card. I guess I'll have to spend it or waste another hour on amazon in hopes I'm not just going to be told more lies by overseas tech support with no accountability or oversight.

Last edited by JurassicBD; 06-07-2019 at 07:22 PM.
Old 06-07-2019, 07:36 PM   #51
Blu-ray Baron

Jan 2012
Oklahoma

I cancelled prime a few months ago after several late and/or damaged deliveries. When I had prime most of the shipments were sent from Kentucky and and I don't think I ever received a CD/BD/DVD where the cases weren't damaged beyond use. Usually all of the teeth on the hubs were broken off. Since cancelling Prime I still get most of my deliveries in two days but they are now usually sent from Forth Worth, TX or Kansas City and I haven't had a single problem.
Thanks given by:
Clark Kent (06-12-2019)
Old 06-12-2019, 10:07 PM   #52
Blu-ray Champion

Oct 2009

omg so I got the dc comics collection, blu dvd set today for $44.99
the shrinkwrap was torn, and the packaging was torn sorta. Also it has a best buy sticker on it, even though it came from amazon.com not a third party seller hahaha
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Hot Deals > Movie and TV Deals > Retail/Shopping