Best Nintendo Switch Game Deals

Best Nintendo Switch Game Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Japan Mexico
Ni no Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch (Switch)
$29.99

LEGO Marvel Superheroes 2 (Switch)
$14.99

Sparklite (Switch)
$14.99

Assassin's Creed: The Rebel Collection (Switch)
$24.99

Mortal Kombat 11 (Switch)
$24.99

Risk of Rain 2 (Switch)
$22.54

Wolfenstein II: The New Colossus (Switch)
$29.97

A Hat In Time (Switch)
$29.99

Fire Emblem Warriors (Switch)
$24.49

Reel Fishing: Road Trip Adventure (Switch)
$9.90
10 hrs ago
Heroland (Switch)
$45.22
3 hrs ago
Vampyr (Switch)
$29.99

What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Gaming > Nintendo > Nintendo Switch

Old 06-12-2019, 02:53 AM   #1
Entertainment Moderator

Jan 2009
-
-
-
-
-
Default PlatinumGames' Astral Chain - August 30, 2019

Old 06-12-2019, 02:53 AM   #2
Entertainment Moderator

Jan 2009
-
-
-
-
-

I'm really excited for this one, looks like it could be a ton of fun.
Thanks given by:
DJR662 (06-12-2019)
Old 06-12-2019, 04:37 AM   #3
Blu-ray Knight

Feb 2009
Wink

No More Heroes 3, Bayonetta 3, Metroid Prime 4, Luigi's Mansion 3 and Astral Chain are the only Switch games I will be needing.
Old 06-12-2019, 05:33 AM   #4

Nov 2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diesel View Post
I'm really excited for this one, looks like it could be a ton of fun.
Ya, I was thinking of getting this and Marvel w/ those Nintendo Switch Game Vouchers.
Old 09-03-2019, 07:19 AM   #5
Entertainment Moderator

Jan 2009
-
-
-
-
-

Really enjoyed this game up until the last two chapters. I thought it dropped the ball hard at the end and went down the incredibly predictable path I really hoped it wouldn’t do. It’s always rough to have a bad ending compared to a bad opening since it leaves the audience with a sour taste. I also wish it did a better job of expanding on the motivations and character in general of
[Show spoiler]Jena.
. The investigation aspect of it was quite shallow as well which is a shame because it could have been something unique instead it became Arkham City with inter-dimensional monsters helping.

Definitely worth playing as the combat is a blast once you get used to it and even some of the side quests are fun but didn’t live up to my hopes for it based on the trailers.

It took me 22 hours to complete doing all the side activities, but it could easily be completed in around 12-15.
Old 09-30-2019, 09:29 PM   #6
Blu-ray Baron

Jun 2013

I don't know how I feel about the end of the game. Overall, I'd say this entire thing is like a video game adaption of Evangelion. I mean, it really can't be denied that a majority of this game has to be inspired by it. A certain part of the ending is literally something that happens in the End of Evangelion, no spoilers.

I didn't like how it kept making you start over from the beginning of the challenge if your health went down. It got very tedious and annoying, particularly during the battle with Noah.
Old 10-03-2019, 02:00 AM   #7
Blu-ray Count

Sep 2014

I thought this was ok but it’s honestly not something I’ll ever play again. Story & characters were ok but the gates/dungeons all looking the same didn’t really help. Also didn’t like most of the side quests or the very annoying jumping section of the last boss fight. Once I finished it I didn’t even bother with the prologue/challenges since it’s not like you get a hidden ending or something. For me this didn’t live up to the hype. I did like doing the investigations though.
Old 10-03-2019, 04:30 AM   #8

Sep 2019
Atlanta, GA

I like this game and I did enjoy playing it but it didn't really make a mark on me like what Bayonetta did. Everything about it seems forgettable.
Old 10-23-2019, 09:12 PM   #9
Blu-ray Samurai

Dec 2016

Got this at launch and finally started playing yesterday. I like the gameplay a lot. The action is smooth and satisfying and the investigation element is surprisingly engaging. Looks and sounds very nice for a Switch game. But man, I absolutely abhor the characters, story, and especially the cutscenes. I try my best to avoid skipping cutscenes, especially on first playthroughs, but I completely lost my patience with this game. I'm going to keep playing but it sure does detract from the experience.
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Gaming > Nintendo > Nintendo Switch