Best Blu-ray Movie Deals

Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Japan
Inner Sanctum Mysteries (Blu-ray)
$41.99
19 hrs ago
The Great Escape (Blu-ray)
$29.49
8 hrs ago
The Dallas Connection (Blu-ray)
$11.99
19 hrs ago
Enemy Gold (Blu-ray)
$11.99
19 hrs ago
Color Out of Space 4K (Blu-ray)
$17.99

The Man from the Alamo / They Came to Cordura (Blu-ray)
$11.99
19 hrs ago
Solid Metal Nightmares: The Films of Shinya Tsukamoto (Blu-ray)
$72.99

Six Moral Tales (Blu-ray)
$72.99
17 hrs ago
Little Women (Blu-ray)
$19.95

Hollywood Story / New Orleans Uncensored (Blu-ray)
$11.99
19 hrs ago
Dance, Girl, Dance (Blu-ray)
$29.49
8 hrs ago
First Reformed (Blu-ray)
$9.99

What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Hot Deals > Movie and TV Deals > Retail/Shopping

Old 06-25-2019, 11:06 PM   #1

Nov 2015
Yorkville, IL
Default Anyone been to COSTEROL.COM?

Found this website looking for good prices on 4K blus. Has anyone had experience with this site? Prices vary but some are very, very good.
Old 06-26-2019, 12:51 AM   #2

Nov 2008
Florida

They may want to update their About Us:

Costerol Store is an exclusive store for the worldís best animal themed apparels such as lion, donkey, mouse and so on. Costerol Store Shop makes sure to offer customers the high-quality trendy apparels yet budget-friendly products as well as excellent customer service you canít find anywhere else. We understand what Costerol Store Shop takes to make your shopping experience a joy; thatís why we do everything we can to make sure you get not only the best prices, but the best service too. In fact, there is 75% of the designs produced by our artists, but 25% of the awesome design ideas come from you, our customers. Hence, if you think youíve got a great idea, please send us your idea design via their support email address and thereís a good chance that you will be able to wear your coolest thoughts.
Thanks given by:
strumdogg (06-26-2019), Yellbean2002 (07-24-2019)
Old 06-26-2019, 03:09 AM   #3
Blu-ray Count

Jul 2012

Just the name makes me want to check my LDL and HDL levels.
Thanks given by:
Cherokee Jack (07-04-2019), Cremildo (07-04-2019), deltatauhobbit (07-04-2019), krishd (07-04-2019)
Old 07-04-2019, 01:28 AM   #4

Jul 2017

Made an order about 4 days ago. Have been charged, yet I haven't received a shipping notification. Furthermore, can't seem to access their website anymore. I just get this message: "costerol.comís server IP address could not be found."

Anyone had their items shipped?
Old 07-04-2019, 04:11 AM   #5
Blu-ray Samurai

Jun 2011
WV

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunter T View Post
Made an order about 4 days ago. Have been charged, yet I haven't received a shipping notification. Furthermore, can't seem to access their website anymore. I just get this message: "costerol.com’s server IP address could not be found."

Unfortuately it's a scam, see here
Thanks given by:
thetony (07-04-2019)
Old 07-04-2019, 04:16 AM   #6
Expert Member

May 2015

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianY View Post
Found this website looking for good prices on 4K blus. Has anyone had experience with this site? Prices vary but some are very, very good.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunter T View Post
Made an order about 4 days ago. Have been charged, yet I haven't received a shipping notification. Furthermore, can't seem to access their website anymore. I just get this message: "costerol.com’s server IP address could not be found."

No one is getting anything, because that site is literally taking your PP or CC money and running. This site was mentioned in a hot deal post several days ago and people were warned then complete with a reddit thread on the same site, with people complaining about being left high and dry with orders. Also, if their site is down, there is a good chance it was shut down by their domain registrar or host for being a scam site and possibly also had their card processing capabilities revoked in the process. If that happened, that also means emails to them won't go through, so good luck getting ahold of them. And, oh yeah, that San Diego address that was on the site was made up to begin with, so that won't get you anywhere either.

I would say that I hope you paid with credit card, as it'll be easier to dispute that charge and get your money back than working with paypal to file a claim, but then again, with a credit card, you just gave your card number away to a clearly scam site, so I'd recommend having the card issuer replace the card with one with a new number just to be safe. If you did pay with paypal, definitely submit a claim ASAP. Just be aware that that's far from a sure thing - as that user found out, they won't neccesarily side with you even if it's obvious that it was fraudulent. That user had to spend hours on the phone with them to get them to finally get them to reverse their initial decision to refuse the claim.

So I guess the question you have to ask is, "how much time do you have to waste trying to get your money back for products that had 0% chance of ever shipping in the first place?"
Thanks given by:
tomkatholic (07-04-2019)
Old 07-04-2019, 04:23 AM   #7
Expert Member

May 2015

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigjim25 View Post
Unfortuately it's a scam, see here
It was also posted in a now locked/deleted hot deals thread from several days ago.

People just need to heed these warnings and steer clear from this site, unless they're a glutton for punishment...
Thanks given by:
bigjim25 (07-04-2019)
Old 07-04-2019, 04:29 AM   #8
Blu-ray Baron

Jul 2011

What an awful name for a site. It reminds me of cholesterol.

EDIT: strumdogg beat me to it!
Old 07-04-2019, 06:00 AM   #9
Expert Member

May 2015

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cremildo View Post
What an awful name for a site. It reminds me of cholesterol.

EDIT: strumdogg beat me to it!
Old 07-05-2019, 10:34 PM   #10

Nov 2015
Yorkville, IL

Thanks to everyone who responded. Fortunately, my ADS kicked in shortly after posting this thread and have not returned to the website. So many traps and honeypots on the web that it's hard to keep your guard up all the time. I'm grateful to this website and forum for providing the knowledge and community to make informed decisions. I appreciate you all. Cheers.
Old 07-24-2019, 02:56 AM   #11
Blu-ray Guru

Feb 2013
Los Angeles, USA

I purchased from the site, got scammed, filed Paypal claim, scammer provided Paypal a UPS tracking number that pertained to a Target package shipped to an address not my own, stupid Paypal denied my claim, I had to do investigative legwork, I sent Paypal proof the package was not shipped to me and, finally, Paypal reopened case and decided in my favor, after all. Whew!
Old 07-24-2019, 03:00 AM   #12
Blu-ray Champion

Mar 2008
The empire state

The old saying plays true here. "If it's too good to be true, most likely it is".
Thanks given by:
thetony (07-24-2019)
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Hot Deals > Movie and TV Deals > Retail/Shopping