Best Blu-ray Movie Deals

Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Japan Mexico
Alastair Sim's School for Laughter: 4 Classic Comedies (Blu-ray)
$46.49
18 hrs ago
3-D Rarities Volume II (Blu-ray)
$34.99
4 hrs ago
Galaxy Quest (Blu-ray)
$9.99

Doctor Who: The Complete David Tennant Collection (Blu-ray)
$14.99
12 hrs ago
The Great Escape (Blu-ray)
$29.49

Inner Sanctum Mysteries (Blu-ray)
$46.49

Little Women (Blu-ray)
$19.95

Richard Jewell (Blu-ray)
$19.96
10 hrs ago
Birds of Prey (And the Fantabulous Emancipation of One Harley Quinn) (Blu-ray)
$24.99

1917 4K (Blu-ray)
$29.99

Solid Metal Nightmares: The Films of Shinya Tsukamoto (Blu-ray)
$72.99

Code Geass: Lelouch of the Re;surrection (Blu-ray)
$24.99

What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Hot Deals > Movie and TV Deals > Retail/Shopping

Old 07-16-2019, 12:58 PM   #1

Jun 2010
Default Amazon Packaging (CNN Article)

x

Last edited by sc1957; 01-28-2020 at 09:48 PM.
Thanks given by:
blahsi (07-16-2019), deltatauhobbit (07-16-2019), glennstl (07-17-2019), Spooked (07-16-2019)
Old 07-16-2019, 08:16 PM   #2

Feb 2017
Illinois

Fake News!!
Old 07-16-2019, 08:28 PM   #3
Blu-ray Baron

Jul 2011

Quote:
Amazon itself has an 85-person team devoted to improving its packaging, and is pushing retailers to pack their products in a way that doesn't require another box on top.

Kim Houchens has led that Amazon team for four years.

"My goal would be zero packaging of any type over the next couple years," Houchens says, "by working with the manufacturers to think through product design and their primary package, to make sure that it serves the needs of transportation all the way to your door so that we don't have redundant packaging added during the process."
People like that actually make life a bit more miserable.
Old 07-17-2019, 01:00 AM   #4
Special Member

Aug 2017

The part about 85 person team devoted to improving their packaging was outright roll in the isles hilarious. I agree with getting product manufacturers to step up their end. In fact, if not for some outstanding packaging by manufacturers in the past, I'm sure more of our amazon orders would have arrived destroyed, considering the utterly thoughtless/clueless boxing/bagging amazon so often does itself. But, clearly those 85 persons are solely focused on cutting amazon's bottom line not improving the experience or satisfaction for customers. Must be nothing but grade-school dropouts, if THAT many people can't do better than they have for the past four years, as amazon's shipping has gone steadily downhill.
Thanks given by:
cdhinrichs (09-11-2019), glennstl (07-17-2019)
Old 07-17-2019, 09:54 AM   #5

Mar 2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by JurassicBD View Post
The part about 85 person team devoted to improving their packaging was outright roll in the isles hilarious. I agree with getting product manufacturers to step up their end. In fact, if not for some outstanding packaging by manufacturers in the past, I'm sure more of our amazon orders would have arrived destroyed, considering the utterly thoughtless/clueless boxing/bagging amazon so often does itself. But, clearly those 85 persons are solely focused on cutting amazon's bottom line not improving the experience or satisfaction for customers. Must be nothing but grade-school dropouts, if THAT many people can't do better than they have for the past four years, as amazon's shipping has gone steadily downhill.
Yeah, thats pretty pathetic to say the least lol.. The big problem is from what I have heard all the packing employees have super low time limits to get a certain amount of shipments packaged and ready so to make those deadlines they cut some extreme corners and tons of things do not get packaged remotely well or in the proper kind of box.

I've been with Amazon from the very beginning and have consistently had triple digit orders every year for awhile and never even thought about leaving until the last 6-8 months. The customer service has also took an absolutely massive drop and are rude and never see any grey area whatsoever.. It's either return it or keep it.. period.. With the customer service getting so much worse from not only me but countless people I know i've already started ordering things from other sites that I would have got from Amazon in the past. I might even end my Prime member ship soon after all these years.

just bought a record a few weeks ago where they literally just threw the shipping label on the front cover and sent it lmao.. sad thing is thats not even the worst.
Thanks given by:
cdhinrichs (09-11-2019)
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Hot Deals > Movie and TV Deals > Retail/Shopping