Best 4K Blu-ray Deals


Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Japan Mexico
Birds of Prey (And the Fantabulous Emancipation of One Harley Quinn) 4K (Blu-ray)
$29.99
 
1917 4K (Blu-ray)
$29.99
 
The Hunt for Red October 4K (Blu-ray)
$24.99
 
Mortal Kombat Legends: Scorpion's Revenge 4K (Blu-ray)
$28.26
 
Rambo: Last Blood 4K (Blu-ray)
$16.99
 
Dolittle 4K (Blu-ray)
$29.99
23 hrs ago
Terminator: Dark Fate 4K (Blu-ray)
$24.99
 
Sonic the Hedgehog 4K (Blu-ray)
$27.99
 
Queen & Slim 4K (Blu-ray)
$29.99
 
Spider-Man Limited Edition 4K Collection (Blu-ray)
$44.22
52 min ago
Maleficent: Mistress of Evil 4K (Blu-ray)
$23.63
 
Underworld 4K (Blu-ray)
$14.96
6 hrs ago
What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out


Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Ultra HD Blu-ray and 4K > Ultra HD Blu-ray and 4K Movies > 4K Wish Lists


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-09-2019, 03:21 PM   #21
fighthefutureofhd fighthefutureofhd is offline
Blu-ray Knight
 
fighthefutureofhd's Avatar
 
Jun 2008
Dry County
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister B Gone View Post
Get that 'A New Hope' shiz outta my face already I just need Star Wars (1977) theatrical cut negative scanned in 4K on 4K UHD

"Star Wars" as you like to call it is gone. Give that one up now. It's A New Hope and it will always be A New Hope. You can dream all you want and whine about it was originally in the theaters, but that don't matter to mister Lucas. He don't care. I totally get what you're saying and I don't disagree. But at this point, that ship has long since sailed. We can either accept it and watch or we can not. It will make no difference. The ice cream has spilt and melted. Carry on.
  Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2019, 03:22 PM   #22
stvn1974 stvn1974 is offline
Blu-ray Baron
 
stvn1974's Avatar
 
Jan 2012
Oklahoma
17
Default

Mark Hamill could show up at my front door with the OT on 4K UHD and if they were the Special Editions I would slam the door in his face and then go put the Deaspecialized Star Wars on.
  Reply With Quote
Thanks given by:
Agent Kay (08-12-2019), AquaticPickel (08-23-2019), HAL237 (08-09-2019), RoxyRoads (11-13-2019)
Old 08-09-2019, 03:25 PM   #23
fighthefutureofhd fighthefutureofhd is offline
Blu-ray Knight
 
fighthefutureofhd's Avatar
 
Jun 2008
Dry County
Default

Ok. And pigs will be flying commercial air someday.


  Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2019, 03:29 PM   #24
Mister B Gone Mister B Gone is offline
Special Member
 
Mister B Gone's Avatar
 
Jun 2016
Chicago
218
1106
60
1
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by fighthefutureofhd View Post
"Star Wars" as you like to call it is gone. Give that one up now. It's A New Hope and it will always be A New Hope. You can dream all you want and whine about it was originally in the theaters, but that don't matter to mister Lucas. He don't care. I totally get what you're saying and I don't disagree. But at this point, that ship has long since sailed. We can either accept it and watch or we can not. It will make no difference. The ice cream has spilt and melted. Carry on.
NEVER. Wikipedia maintains this correctly: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Star_Wars_(film)

Quote:
Star Wars (also known as Star Wars: Episode IV – A New Hope) is a 1977 American epic space-opera film written and directed by George Lucas.
Under the official list of nominees for the Academy Award for Best Picture 1977 - a certain independent film called Star Wars

ect ect.

Even if it takes an act of Congress in order to preserve a historic National treasure - one day the film will be properly restored.
  Reply With Quote
Thanks given by:
Bobbyjoe766 (08-11-2019), RoxyRoads (11-13-2019)
Old 08-09-2019, 03:34 PM   #25
fighthefutureofhd fighthefutureofhd is offline
Blu-ray Knight
 
fighthefutureofhd's Avatar
 
Jun 2008
Dry County
Default

Don't hold your breath. George ain't going to allow it. Sorry.
  Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2019, 04:06 PM   #26
Bates_Motel Bates_Motel is online now
Blu-ray Ninja
 
Bates_Motel's Avatar
 
Jul 2014
Los Angeles
2
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by fighthefutureofhd View Post
Who are we kidding? They had us already at "Star Wars on 4K UHD". We'll buy the crap out of them no matter what. The cases could be made out of smellable dog doo and we would salivate.


*goes to freezer to grab some cold hard cash for these movies*
Who’s “we”? Not me.
  Reply With Quote
Thanks given by:
Agent Kay (08-12-2019)
Old 08-09-2019, 04:07 PM   #27
Geoff D Geoff D is online now
Blu-ray King
 
Geoff D's Avatar
 
Feb 2009
Swanage, Engerland
522
1772
5
19
Default

so, this is like the third thread about this now?
  Reply With Quote
Thanks given by:
Gacivory (08-09-2019)
Old 08-09-2019, 04:12 PM   #28
bferr1972 bferr1972 is offline
Blu-ray Samurai
 
bferr1972's Avatar
 
Aug 2016
Here
7
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geoff D View Post
so, this is like the third thread about this now?
I think that's called a Trilogy!

Next up, a Prequel Trilogy of threads about future VHS releases of the series, followed by a Sequel Trilogy of threads about the next-next-next-gen format: brain implants.
  Reply With Quote
Thanks given by:
2sday (08-09-2019), fighthefutureofhd (08-09-2019), Geoff D (08-09-2019), MattPerdue (08-12-2019), Porco Azzurro (08-09-2019), professorwho (08-09-2019)
Old 08-09-2019, 04:32 PM   #29
Geoff D Geoff D is online now
Blu-ray King
 
Geoff D's Avatar
 
Feb 2009
Swanage, Engerland
522
1772
5
19
Default

Pfft, more like every time Bill Hunt opens his mouth about this some dilbert is going to do a new thread about it. Thanks in advance, guys.
  Reply With Quote
Thanks given by:
sonicyogurt (08-09-2019)
Old 08-09-2019, 05:58 PM   #30
MarekM MarekM is offline
Expert Member
 
MarekM's Avatar
 
Oct 2006
Default

probably taken from this article:

https://www.thedigitalfix.com/film/c.../star-wars-4k/

Latest News - 9th August 2019
We're now expecting an official announcement of what we can expect from Disney's home cinema Star Wars releases at D23 which will run from 23rd August. One of the big things we already know is that ALL of the existing 10 Star Wars films are being re-released on DVD and Blu-ray in September - these are likely to be the most recent editions of the films, just repackaged in matching artwork

Update - 8th August 2019
Following our earlier story on this below, we missed news back in June that a 70mm print of Star Wars was shown at a special event alongside the Rogue One: A Star Wars Story. Interestingly this 70mm print was an 'immaculate' PRE special edition version of the film taken from a print to be used in the UK in 1981 but was never shown due to a minor tear. The only difference between the version shown and that shown in 1977 was the addition of 'A New Hope' to the opening crawl.
  Reply With Quote
Thanks given by:
Himmel (08-09-2019)
Old 08-09-2019, 06:16 PM   #31
Falaskan Falaskan is offline
Blu-ray Champion
 
Falaskan's Avatar
 
Mar 2011
Alaska
274
60
1
44
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bferr1972 View Post
That doesn't mean 4K will be available on day one, and it doesn't mean the SW films will be 4K at all. See the DC Universe app as an example.

Also, did Disney+ ever disclose if HDR would be offered with their 4K titles?
That’s like saying that doesn’t mean they’ll have covers, because Disney could release the discs in sleeves. Sure they could but they won’t, so enough of being contrary.
  Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2019, 06:36 PM   #32
bferr1972 bferr1972 is offline
Blu-ray Samurai
 
bferr1972's Avatar
 
Aug 2016
Here
7
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Falaskan View Post
That’s like saying that doesn’t mean they’ll have covers, because Disney could release the discs in sleeves. Sure they could but they won’t, so enough of being contrary.
Huh? Look at DC Universe, which only added 4K HDR after about eight months of service on select titles only. Not everything they offer is in 4K HDR; everything else is in standard HD. I wouldn't be surprised to see something similar with Disney+, that they're not going to have their shit entirely together on day one. Just trying to keep my expectations in check, but feel free to set yourself up for disappointment.

Last edited by bferr1972; 08-09-2019 at 07:05 PM.
  Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2019, 06:52 PM   #33
fighthefutureofhd fighthefutureofhd is offline
Blu-ray Knight
 
fighthefutureofhd's Avatar
 
Jun 2008
Dry County
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bates_Motel View Post
Who’s “we”? Not me.
It's a collective "we". And I believe that "we" on here will buy it no matter what. The new spangled Star Wars movies with all their fancy edits have been selling like hot cakes on home video for years now. It won't stop. We might ***** and moan about it not being "unaltered" or being called "A New Hope", but in the end, we cave and buy the da-n thing. It's how we are.
  Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2019, 07:20 PM   #34
Noremac Mij Noremac Mij is offline
Banned
 
Aug 2018
Default

George can do no wrong. Bring on the Special Editions in 4K with rerendered CG. The Phantom Menace is a masterpiece and one of the best movies of all time. Only bettered by the original Star Wars and maybe by Empire Strikes Back. Please keep the Disney movies in the garbage, where they belong.
  Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2019, 07:20 PM   #35
Himmel Himmel is offline
Blu-ray Prince
 
Himmel's Avatar
 
Jul 2012
NJ
43
298
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarekM View Post
probably taken from this article:

https://www.thedigitalfix.com/film/c.../star-wars-4k/

Latest News - 9th August 2019
We're now expecting an official announcement of what we can expect from Disney's home cinema Star Wars releases at D23 which will run from 23rd August. One of the big things we already know is that ALL of the existing 10 Star Wars films are being re-released on DVD and Blu-ray in September - these are likely to be the most recent editions of the films, just repackaged in matching artwork

Update - 8th August 2019
Following our earlier story on this below, we missed news back in June that a 70mm print of Star Wars was shown at a special event alongside the Rogue One: A Star Wars Story. Interestingly this 70mm print was an 'immaculate' PRE special edition version of the film taken from a print to be used in the UK in 1981 but was never shown due to a minor tear. The only difference between the version shown and that shown in 1977 was the addition of 'A New Hope' to the opening crawl.
It will be a day long remembered, New TROS footage, and possible 4k uhd announcement. Yowza!

Last edited by Himmel; 08-09-2019 at 07:37 PM.
  Reply With Quote
Thanks given by:
MarekM (08-10-2019)
Old 08-09-2019, 07:45 PM   #36
Guydowood Guydowood is offline
Blu-ray Samurai
 
Guydowood's Avatar
 
Aug 2008
Guydowood, GA
292
2178
84
623
843
624
2
2517
48
Default

Indeed, the would be the perfect time. I just hope many Bothan's don't die because of the result of this information. Those folks have suffered enough.....
  Reply With Quote
Thanks given by:
Himmel (08-09-2019), PS-RagE (10-07-2019)
Old 08-09-2019, 08:45 PM   #37
Falaskan Falaskan is offline
Blu-ray Champion
 
Falaskan's Avatar
 
Mar 2011
Alaska
274
60
1
44
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Himmel View Post
It will be a day long remembered, New TROS footage, and possible 4k uhd announcement. Yowza!
Disney would be stupid not to at least include the UOT. They own Fox now, Kennedy risked being kicked to a curb a year or so ago. I honestly don’t believe anything is holding them back. And no, “Gentlemen’s agreements” don’t count.
  Reply With Quote
Thanks given by:
Himmel (08-09-2019)
Old 08-09-2019, 08:47 PM   #38
imsounoriginal imsounoriginal is offline
Blu-ray Grand Duke
 
imsounoriginal's Avatar
 
Dec 2008
DMV
191
767
82
2
51
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Falaskan View Post
Disney would be stupid not to at least include the UOT. They own Fox now, Kennedy risked being kicked to a curb a year or so ago. I honestly don’t believe anything is holding them back. And no, “Gentlemen’s agreements” don’t count.
That was just wishful thinking from Last Jedi haters.
  Reply With Quote
Thanks given by:
Gacivory (08-09-2019), Martoto (08-09-2019)
Old 08-09-2019, 09:11 PM   #39
ROSS.T.G. ROSS.T.G. is offline
Blu-ray Champion
 
Jan 2010
In my theatre room
49
317
1452
16
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noremac Mij View Post
George can do no wrong. Bring on the Special Editions in 4K with rerendered CG. The Phantom Menace is a masterpiece and one of the best movies of all time. Only bettered by the original Star Wars and maybe by Empire Strikes Back. Please keep the Disney movies in the garbage, where they belong.
This is the worst thing I’ve read in these threads in a long time.
  Reply With Quote
Thanks given by:
RoxyRoads (11-13-2019)
Old 08-12-2019, 06:42 PM   #40
fighthefutureofhd fighthefutureofhd is offline
Blu-ray Knight
 
fighthefutureofhd's Avatar
 
Jun 2008
Dry County
Default

Really? I've read far worse than that. And most of it coming from backwoods Jim. He is, if anything, at least consistent and regular. Like a bowel movement.
  Reply With Quote
Reply
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Ultra HD Blu-ray and 4K > Ultra HD Blu-ray and 4K Movies > 4K Wish Lists


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 04:49 AM.