Best 4K Blu-ray Deals

Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Japan Mexico
Color Out of Space 4K (Blu-ray)
$17.99
8 hrs ago
1917 4K (Blu-ray)
$29.99

Birds of Prey (And the Fantabulous Emancipation of One Harley Quinn) 4K (Blu-ray)
$29.99

Queen & Slim 4K (Blu-ray)
$27.99
13 hrs ago
The Hunt for Red October 4K (Blu-ray)
$24.99

Rambo: Last Blood 4K (Blu-ray)
$16.99

The Fifth Element 4K (Blu-ray)
$15.61

Jumanji: The Next Level 4K (Blu-ray)
$29.99

Terminator: Dark Fate 4K (Blu-ray)
$24.99

Sonic the Hedgehog 4K (Blu-ray)
$27.99

Deepwater Horizon 4K (Blu-ray)
$9.96
22 hrs ago
Dolittle 4K (Blu-ray)
$29.99

What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Ultra HD Blu-ray and 4K > Ultra HD Blu-ray and 4K Movies > 4K Wish Lists

Old 08-12-2019, 06:57 PM   #41
Expert Member

Feb 2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by bferr1972 View Post
Huh? Look at DC Universe, which only added 4K HDR after about eight months of service on select titles only. Not everything they offer is in 4K HDR; everything else is in standard HD. I wouldn't be surprised to see something similar with Disney+, that they're not going to have their shit entirely together on day one. Just trying to keep my expectations in check, but feel free to set yourself up for disappointment.
While I agree that they probably won't roll out 4k on everything on day one....using DC Universe as your comparison is....something.

DC doesn't have nearly the library NOR the time, effort, or money put into that Disney has probably already put into their service prior to launch. And DC/Warner doesn't have Disney's Scrooge McDuck style vault of cash to support /update a service post launch.

That would be like me saying that HBO's upcoming streaming service probably won't have subtitle options because Shudder until very recently.
Old 08-12-2019, 07:31 PM   #42
Banned

May 2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by fighthefutureofhd View Post
Ok. And pigs will be flying commercial air someday.

And yet I am a massive Star Wars fan and have not bought them since dvd.
Not everyone has willpower made of wet paper.
Thanks given by:
scottpcusa (08-12-2019)
Old 08-12-2019, 11:26 PM   #43
Banned

Aug 2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agent Kay View Post
And yet I am a massive Star Wars fan and have not bought them since dvd.
Not everyone has willpower made of wet paper.
I thought you were scanning an 8mm of this in your basement?
Old 08-13-2019, 07:12 AM   #44
Power Member

Dec 2009
Toronto, Canada

Quote:
Originally Posted by stvn1974 View Post
Mark Hamill could show up at my front door with the OT on 4K UHD and if they were the Special Editions I would slam the door in his face and then go put the Deaspecialized Star Wars on.
I wouldn't take them either, but I'd also politely invite Mark Hamill inside to burn the Special Edition UHDs in a fire pit in my backyard while we watched the Despecialized versions. The Special Editions aren't Mark's fault, and he doesn't deserve that kind of abuse.
Thanks given by:
RoxyRoads (11-13-2019)
Old 08-13-2019, 08:09 AM   #45
Banned

May 2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noremac Mij View Post
I thought you were scanning an 8mm of this in your basement?
How is that buying a bluray?
And if I was that's not the special edition now is it?
Old 08-15-2019, 02:45 PM   #46
Blu-ray Champion

Mar 2011
Alaska

So I was thinking. Everyone says Lucas hasn’t wanted to release the UOT (except that one time he caved) due to his ex wife getting royalties. I wonder if that’s the case if Disney released a version of the UOT with fixed lightsabers and matte boxes only, for example. Also, I wonder if Lucas would care at all anymore, since he no longer owns the property. Wasn’t that special showing last month in 4K? Why go through that restoration process if they were only going to release it for one day?
Old 08-15-2019, 02:48 PM   #47
Banned

May 2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by Falaskan View Post
So I was thinking. Everyone says Lucas hasnít wanted to release the UOT (except that one time he caved) due to his ex wife getting royalties. I wonder if thatís the case if Disney released a version of the UOT with fixed lightsabers and matte boxes only, for example. Also, I wonder if Lucas would care at all anymore, since he no longer owns the property. Wasnít that special showing last month in 4K? Why go through that restoration process if they were only going to release it for one day?
She should get money for the amount of work she did
Thanks given by:
Gacivory (08-15-2019), Geoff D (08-16-2019)
Old 08-15-2019, 02:54 PM   #48
Blu-ray Guru

Aug 2012

Yeah, if all the stories are true of her playing a big part in shaping the films through critiquing George, let alone her Academy Award for editing the original, plus the rest of the trilogy, sounds like it's money well earned. Imagine what the prequels would've been like if she was still with him and reeling in his ego and some of the more ridiculous characters/moments.
Old 08-15-2019, 02:54 PM   #49
Blu-ray Grand Duke

Dec 2008
DMV

Quote:
So I was thinking. Everyone says Lucas hasnít wanted to release the UOT (except that one time he caved) due to his ex wife getting royalties. I wonder if thatís the case if Disney released a version of the UOT with fixed lightsabers and matte boxes only, for example. Also, I wonder if Lucas would care at all anymore, since he no longer owns the property. Wasnít that special showing last month in 4K? Why go through that restoration process if they were only going to release it for one day?
The unaltered versions were screened for some sort of workshop about the history of VFX or something like that IIRC. But I don't think it was ever said that it was a restored print.
Old 08-15-2019, 03:00 PM   #50
Blu-ray Knight

Jun 2008
Dry County

It's the internet. Of course, it was restored and in 4K from the original camera negative. And done meticulously without George Lucus even 1,000,0000 miles of this thing. Everything on the internet gets blown out of proportion.
Old 08-15-2019, 03:06 PM   #51
Blu-ray Champion

Mar 2011
Alaska

Quote:
Originally Posted by fighthefutureofhd View Post
It's the internet. Of course, it was restored and in 4K from the original camera negative. And done meticulously without George Lucus even 1,000,0000 miles of this thing. Everything on the internet gets blown out of proportion.
I ageee it’s all technically hersey, but even if true, I imagine Lucas doesn’t care as much since he no longer owns Star Wars.
Old 08-15-2019, 03:47 PM   #52

Jun 2010

Quote:
I ageee itís all technically hersey, but even if true, I imagine Lucas doesnít care as much since he no longer owns Star Wars.
Yeah, but if it *were* true then that would still be money Disney would have to pay Marcia.

I never did give those rumors much credence, though. I donít see how renewing the copyright in Ď97 would absolve George from paying Marcia a percentage of the profits, assuming she was owed any to begin with.
Old 08-15-2019, 05:57 PM   #53
Banned

May 2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fang Zei View Post
Yeah, but if it *were* true then that would still be money Disney would have to pay Marcia.

I never did give those rumors much credence, though. I donít see how renewing the copyright in Ď97 would absolve George from paying Marcia a percentage of the profits, assuming she was owed any to begin with.
The name and credits changed
Old 08-15-2019, 07:20 PM   #54
Blu-ray Knight

Feb 2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by TM2-Megatron View Post
I wouldn't take them either, but I'd also politely invite Mark Hamill inside to burn the Special Edition UHDs in a fire pit in my backyard while we watched the Despecialized versions. The Special Editions aren't Mark's fault, and he doesn't deserve that kind of abuse.
He does however deserve that kind of abuse for agreeing to portray Luke Skywalker like he did in TLJ. I would politely ask him what he was smoking back then and also how it feels destroying one of the most iconic movie characters ever.
Old 08-15-2019, 07:24 PM   #55
Blu-ray Knight

Jun 2008
Dry County

When or if he ever destroys an iconic character we can ask him that question. Until then, we'll just have to wait.

Psst.....I think he would say that he is just the actor. He didn't write the thing and has no control over that aspect of the movie.
Old 08-15-2019, 09:34 PM   #56
Blu-ray Baron

Oct 2010
New York City, NY

Let's not forget that Marcia has shown up at TWO LFL events since Disney took over. Considering she's essentially disappeared since Jedi and only recently started showing her face again, I'm all for it. Maybe amends were made.

I know divorce can be tragic and ugly but, in this case, hopefully she'll find solace in the end.
Thanks given by:
Agent Kay (08-16-2019), Rizor (08-15-2019)
Old 08-16-2019, 03:52 AM   #57

Jan 2018

Worth noting: the remastered soundtracks Disney put out last year have Yub Nub instead of Victory Celebration. Not sure if that’s an indication but I am on the hopeful side that we will get the UOT in some form.
Thanks given by:
Falaskan (08-16-2019)
Old 08-16-2019, 04:15 AM   #58
Blu-ray Champion

Jan 2010
In my theatre room

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJR662 View Post
He does however deserve that kind of abuse for agreeing to portray Luke Skywalker like he did in TLJ. I would politely ask him what he was smoking back then and also how it feels destroying one of the most iconic movie characters ever.
I wasnít annoyed by his character in TLJ. But then again I was never a big fan of Luke. I was all camp Han growing up.
Thanks given by:
Geoff D (08-16-2019)
Old 08-16-2019, 04:30 AM   #59
Blu-ray Champion

Mar 2011
Alaska

Quote:
Originally Posted by TN05 View Post
Worth noting: the remastered soundtracks Disney put out last year have Yub Nub instead of Victory Celebration. Not sure if thatís an indication but I am on the hopeful side that we will get the UOT in some form.
My spidey sense is telling me, a lot of people will be eating crow come spring 2020.

Which just means they'll disappear back into the woodwork.
Old 08-16-2019, 09:04 AM   #60
Banned

May 2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJR662 View Post
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Ultra HD Blu-ray and 4K > Ultra HD Blu-ray and 4K Movies > 4K Wish Lists