Best Blu-ray Movie Deals

Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Japan
Solid Metal Nightmares: The Films of Shinya Tsukamoto (Blu-ray)
$72.99

Little Women (Blu-ray)
$19.95
16 hrs ago
Doctor Who: The Complete David Tennant Collection (Blu-ray)
$14.99

Superman: The Movie 4K (Blu-ray)
$15.99

Birds of Prey (And the Fantabulous Emancipation of One Harley Quinn) 4K (Blu-ray)
$29.99

The Good Place: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$50.31

Unforgiven 4K (Blu-ray)
$15.99

Angel Has Fallen 4K (Blu-ray)
$14.96

First Love (Blu-ray)
$14.99
8 hrs ago
Orphen: Complete Collection SD (Blu-ray)
$10.99

A Beautiful Day in the Neighborhood 4K (Blu-ray)
$24.99

Elvira: Mistress of the Dark (Blu-ray)
$29.49

What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Blu-ray.com > Newbie Discussion

Old 09-19-2019, 03:46 PM   #1

Jan 2019
Pennsylvania
Default Thread Title Change or Deletion

Hi,

How do I change a thread title so the change appears in the list of threads from the main list view? Right now when I change a thread title under edit>advanced it only seems to reflect the change from the viewpoint of the thread. Meaning before I open the thread I see the original title, once I open it I see the updated title.

This doesn't help as I would like to have the updated title visible given I need the title to reflect current inventory.

I would delete and create a new one but I don't see that option either.

I've sent a message to several moderators to no avail so I thought to ask the forum as a whole figuring someone else may have encountered this and found a solution.
Old 09-19-2019, 03:57 PM   #2
Contributor

Jun 2012
USA 🦅
-
-
-
-
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zenica View Post
Hi,

How do I change a thread title so the change appears in the list of threads from the main list view? Right now when I change a thread title under edit>advanced it only seems to reflect the change from the viewpoint of the thread. Meaning before I open the thread I see the original title, once I open it I see the updated title.

This doesn't help as I would like to have the updated title visible given I need the title to reflect current inventory.

I've sent a message to several moderators to no avail so I thought to ask the forum as a whole figuring someone else may have encountered this and found a solution.
Mod has to do it.

I would hit the report post button () on your initial post in the thread and request the title be changed in the message box. Maybe you'll have better luck reaching a mod that way.
Old 09-19-2019, 04:00 PM   #3
Blu-ray Baron

Jul 2011

I created a thread in the Feedback Forum specifically asking for the site developers to enable the thread creator to change its title whenever he or she sees fit, but was soundly ignored.

Here's hope you're more well-liked here and will get a reply.
Old 09-19-2019, 09:25 PM   #4

Jan 2019
Pennsylvania

You both have confirmed what I've long suspected.

It seems an inefficient use of moderator time, to handle mundane tasks like title changes.

@Cremildo; If my messages being ignored is a barometer of like or dislike, I'm afraid I'm not very liked here! From day one, not one PM to a mod has been replied to.

So other than random rule enforcement which can be handled by an algorithm, I see zero evidence of any sort of human behind the curtain. Feels more like Skynet is behind the whole site!
Old 09-20-2019, 10:17 AM   #5

Sep 2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zenica View Post
Hi,

Which of your threads is it? If it's a trade thread, then you can post here:

https://forum.blu-ray.com/showthread.php?t=117830
Thanks given by:
Zenica (09-20-2019)
Old 09-20-2019, 10:40 PM   #6

Jan 2019
Pennsylvania

Yes, it is.

I will try this suggestion although it seems like a waste of a persons valuable time when users should be able to change the title they created.

Thanks for the tip.
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Blu-ray.com > Newbie Discussion