Best Blu-ray Movie Deals

Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Japan
Color Out of Space 4K (Blu-ray)
$17.99
9 hrs ago
Solid Metal Nightmares: The Films of Shinya Tsukamoto (Blu-ray)
$72.99

Code Geass: Lelouch of the Re;surrection (Blu-ray)
$24.99
7 hrs ago
Mortal Kombat Legends: Scorpion's Revenge (Blu-ray)
$18.99

The Hunt for Red October 4K (Blu-ray)
$24.99
5 hrs ago
Birds of Prey (And the Fantabulous Emancipation of One Harley Quinn) (Blu-ray)
$24.99
14 hrs ago
Little Women (Blu-ray)
$19.95

Molly's Game (Blu-ray)
$5.00
1 hr ago
Doctor Who: The Complete David Tennant Collection (Blu-ray)
$14.99

Birds of Prey (And the Fantabulous Emancipation of One Harley Quinn) 4K (Blu-ray)
$29.99

The Lighthouse (Blu-ray)
$14.99

Sonic the Hedgehog 4K (Blu-ray)
$27.99

What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Hot Deals > Movie and TV Deals

Old 12-29-2019, 06:54 AM   #1
Blu-ray Count

Jul 2012
Amazon Paranormal Activity 6-Movie Collection - $16.96 at Amazon & Walmart

The single BDs only; no 3D or DVD:

Amazon: https://www.amazon.com/Paranormal-Ac.../dp/B07SZBJZKT

Walmart: https://www.walmart.com/ip/Paranorma...-ray/582207004

blu-ray.com:
Thanks given by:
Cherokee Jack (01-28-2020), estrus (12-29-2019), obssessive (12-29-2019)
Old 12-29-2019, 08:23 AM   #2

Apr 2012

Digital copies?
Old 12-29-2019, 08:24 AM   #3
Blu-ray Count

Jul 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peep View Post
Digital copies?

Doesn't look like it (just "Blu-ray" on the cover), but you never know.
Old 12-29-2019, 09:09 AM   #4
Blu-ray Samurai

Jun 2011
WV

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peep View Post
Digital copies?
Nope but I think Walmart version comes with instawatch
Thanks given by:
woodley56 (12-29-2019)
Old 01-02-2020, 03:33 PM   #5
Blu-ray Count

Jul 2012

Ultimately decided to order this myself. While I already own them (one in 3D), it made sense as I'd still like to own the movies, but don't necessarily need the individual releases, and can trade them all to cover cost (and save shelf space).

Here's hoping it comes with the slip!
Old 01-02-2020, 08:16 PM   #6
Blu-ray Ninja

Jan 2012
Bedford Falls

Have a tough time suspending disbelief with supernatural horror, but I suppose they're still entertaining for what they are. Only saw the first movie and might give the others a watch. After collecting for a while I might also start looking into these kinds of shelf-shaving bundles.
Old 01-02-2020, 09:12 PM   #7

Apr 2007

if you buy in store it's 19.99 and comes with Vudu code on the receipt. At least that's what the sticker claims but I'm not sure I want to pay 19.99 for these.
Old 01-02-2020, 09:48 PM   #8

May 2010
Happy Valley

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stuart_Larkin View Post
if you buy in store it's 19.99 and comes with Vudu code on the receipt. At least that's what the sticker claims but I'm not sure I want to pay 19.99 for these.
If you are lucky and "Free pickup today" is availabl;e at a store near you, then you get the one off the shelf at the online price.
Old 01-02-2020, 11:20 PM   #9
Blu-ray Guru

Aug 2011

Well I bit on it. It'll be my first experience with Walmart's in-store pickup.
Old 01-03-2020, 02:39 AM   #10
Power Member

Apr 2011
Imported from Detroit

Quote:
Originally Posted by BluMan28 View Post
Well I bit on it. It'll be my first experience with Walmart's in-store pickup.
Hopefully your Walmart has the new 15 foot tall in-store pickup machine. It is quite crazy and something out of the future. It can hold around 300 orders I was told.
Old 01-03-2020, 07:43 AM   #11
Blu-ray Guru

Aug 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ari_Gold View Post
Hopefully your Walmart has the new 15 foot tall in-store pickup machine. It is quite crazy and something out of the future. It can hold around 300 orders I was told.
Yeah, no. When I arrived at my Walmart, I checked in, and a few minutes later had the equivalent of the squeaky-voiced teen from The Simpsons ask for my name. He then went into a nearby closed-door room to pull my order. What he came back with was absolutely astounding.

Granted, I have no previous experience with Walmart Pickup. There's no way for me to know if any of this is normal, but I hope it is not. The employee came back and handed me my copy of the Paranormal Activity 6-movie Blu-ray that I ordered. First thing I noticed was the slipcover had a corner completely ripped away. OK, it's Walmart. Didn't think much of that. Then I removed the slipcover only to find NO PLASTIC WRAPPING on the case. That's never happened to me before. Best Buy always handed me a sealed copy when I picked up in store. Just to make sure I wasn't dreaming, I literally opened the case right there in the pickup area. Didn't seem like any discs were missing, but there's no way I'm going to keep an opened copy that was handed to me by a dude from a closed room.

So over to the nearby customer service counter I went because the squeaky-voiced teen is long gone back into the room from whence he came. There's one associate at the desk who is in the midst of helping an elderly woman with setting a world record for the longest, most painful check cashing I have ever personally witnessed. As I was waiting, I noticed the sticker on the front of the slipcover said the VUDU redemption required a code given on the receipt. No receipt was given to me by the squeaky-voiced teen. Since I could, I opened the case to make sure there was no digital copy code insert inside and of course there was none. So all I have to show for my order is a ripped slipcover, an opened case with God-knows-what in it, and no way to redeem any digital copies that I paid for. There was no one in line when I got there, but after a while there was 7 or 8 people behind me and still only the one associate still with the elderly woman trying to cash a check.

Off on the side I noticed a customer service manager that had come over near the area. I got out of line and flagged her down. I show her what I was given. To her credit, I would have been fairly speechless myself to learn that my store had just knowingly sold opened, partially destroyed merchandise without batting an eye. Of course her only options were to refund me or exchange it for another copy. I walk my happy @$$ back to the electronics department to unsurprisingly find there was no other copy in the store. Back I go to the CSM. All told, 45 minutes after I arrived to pick up my order, I'm being handed a cash refund without so much as one single apology from anybody that I spoke with. Not the squeaky-voiced teen, not the CSM, not the employee working in electronics that I also showed what I had to.

I don't plan on using Walmart Pickup again any time soon. This was a lesson in why it's important to for me to select my copy off a shelf at any store, especially Walmart.
Thanks given by:
Cherokee Jack (01-03-2020)
Old 01-03-2020, 09:19 AM   #12

Mar 2018

Quote:
Yeah, no. When I arrived at my Walmart, I checked in, and a few minutes later had the equivalent of the squeaky-voiced teen from The Simpsons ask for my name. He then went into a nearby closed-door room to pull my order. What he came back with was absolutely astounding.

Granted, I have no previous experience with Walmart Pickup. There's no way for me to know if any of this is normal, but I hope it is not. The employee came back and handed me my copy of the Paranormal Activity 6-movie Blu-ray that I ordered. First thing I noticed was the slipcover had a corner completely ripped away. OK, it's Walmart. Didn't think much of that. Then I removed the slipcover only to find NO PLASTIC WRAPPING on the case. That's never happened to me before. Best Buy always handed me a sealed copy when I picked up in store. Just to make sure I wasn't dreaming, I literally opened the case right there in the pickup area. Didn't seem like any discs were missing, but there's no way I'm going to keep an opened copy that was handed to me by a dude from a closed room.

So over to the nearby customer service counter I went because the squeaky-voiced teen is long gone back into the room from whence he came. There's one associate at the desk who is in the midst of helping an elderly woman with setting a world record for the longest, most painful check cashing I have ever personally witnessed. As I was waiting, I noticed the sticker on the front of the slipcover said the VUDU redemption required a code given on the receipt. No receipt was given to me by the squeaky-voiced teen. Since I could, I opened the case to make sure there was no digital copy code insert inside and of course there was none. So all I have to show for my order is a ripped slipcover, an opened case with God-knows-what in it, and no way to redeem any digital copies that I paid for. There was no one in line when I got there, but after a while there was 7 or 8 people behind me and still only the one associate still with the elderly woman trying to cash a check.

Off on the side I noticed a customer service manager that had come over near the area. I got out of line and flagged her down. I show her what I was given. To her credit, I would have been fairly speechless myself to learn that my store had just knowingly sold opened, partially destroyed merchandise without batting an eye. Of course her only options were to refund me or exchange it for another copy. I walk my happy @$$ back to the electronics department to unsurprisingly find there was no other copy in the store. Back I go to the CSM. All told, 45 minutes after I arrived to pick up my order, I'm being handed a cash refund without so much as one single apology from anybody that I spoke with. Not the squeaky-voiced teen, not the CSM, not the employee working in electronics that I also showed what I had to.

I don't plan on using Walmart Pickup again any time soon. This was a lesson in why it's important to for me to select my copy off a shelf at any store, especially Walmart.
Sadly, I do not think this is something that is even that rare because probably 80% of my horrible/weird experiences in stores have been in Walmart scattered mostly across California where i've lived but had similar experiences in a couple other states as well haha

Zero interest in saving a dollar or two if I have to go inside one at this point.

Last time I went into Walmart about 3-4 months ago I couldn't find something and I saw an employee sitting on the ground looking up and down which seemed weird but it was Walmart (also, pretty late at night which usually cranks it up a couple extra notches) so I ask her if she could help and she looks up at me super intensely with huge dilated pupils and tells me I have to catch her to get help and she runs off.. Seriously, that really happened. Do Manager's just give zero f's about the employee's?
Old 01-03-2020, 03:13 PM   #13
Power Member

Jul 2017
Pennsylvania

Quote:
Originally Posted by hype88 View Post
Last time I went into Walmart about 3-4 months ago I couldn't find something and I saw an employee sitting on the ground looking up and down which seemed weird but it was Walmart (also, pretty late at night which usually cranks it up a couple extra notches) so I ask her if she could help and she looks up at me super intensely with huge dilated pupils and tells me I have to catch her to get help and she runs off.. Seriously, that really happened. Do Manager's just give zero f's about the employee's?
Old 01-20-2020, 03:14 PM   #14

Aug 2012
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by strumdogg View Post
Ultimately decided to order this myself. While I already own them (one in 3D), it made sense as I'd still like to own the movies, but don't necessarily need the individual releases, and can trade them all to cover cost (and save shelf space).

Here's hoping it comes with the slip!
Have you got your copy yet? If so, do each of the films include the theatrical version and the extended/director´s versions like on the individual releases (apart from film 1)? And how about any special features? Have not bought any of these yet and just wondering if it is worth buying them all individually to get the other versions/special features. I am not bothered about digital copies.
Old 01-20-2020, 03:40 PM   #15
Blu-ray Count

Jul 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by drodgers3 View Post
Have you got your copy yet? If so, do each of the films include the theatrical version and the extended/director´s versions like on the individual releases (apart from film 1)? And how about any special features? Have not bought any of these yet and just wondering if it is worth buying them all individually to get the other versions/special features. I am not bothered about digital copies.
Yes! It's the same six Blu-ray discs that come in the individual releases for each film (no DVD or 3D discs included).
Thanks given by:
Zillamon51 (01-25-2020)
Old 01-25-2020, 05:37 AM   #16
Power Member

Jul 2017
Pennsylvania

Ordered an in-store pickup but they ended up having to ship it to the store, thus no receipt and no code. Anyone know if I can bring the package to a Walmart and request a printed receipt that would have the code?

Included a slipcover btw and the in-store pickup machine is indeed quite impressive.
Old 01-25-2020, 09:02 AM   #17
Special Member

Dec 2017
-
-
-
-
-
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cherokee Jack View Post
Ordered an in-store pickup but they ended up having to ship it to the store, thus no receipt and no code. Anyone know if I can bring the package to a Walmart and request a printed receipt that would have the code?

Included a slipcover btw and the in-store pickup machine is indeed quite impressive.
You don't need a receipt or a code if the slip has the sticker on it. You just contact Vudu support on your account and select promotions and then digital copy. You'll have to take a picture of the front of the slip with the sticker on it and prove you bought it (just screenshot the order in your Walmart purchase history) and they'll add it to your account. That's what they did for me after I did store pickup and I never received a code of any sort, but thankfully it was a pickup directly from my store so the sticker was on the slip and I just contacted Vudu. Took them less than a day after it was quickly escalated to higher tier support.

That's what it'll look like in your Vudu. However... if yours didn't have a sticker on the slip, you probably will have to return and try to do store pickup or even go in and check the stock yourself. If it says "pickup today" the store should have it in stock (hopefully)
Thanks given by:
Cherokee Jack (01-25-2020), strumdogg (01-25-2020)
Old 01-25-2020, 04:14 PM   #18
Blu-ray Samurai

Oct 2013
S.E. Michigan
Wal-Mart

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stuart_Larkin View Post
I got this last week. I wasn't aware of the lower online price. I used Walmart Pay (scan code to pay w/saved CC), so no paper receipt. In October, I bought the Addams Family 2-pack the same way, and my code was activated automatically via notification. But nothing this time. I went back to the store a few days later anyway, so I did a return / re-buy to get the code. I'm not sure if it's worth going back again to get an online price adjustment.

If I wasn't going back anyway, I would have just called Vudu. I've done it before w/ missing codes, and it was painless.

Quote:
[Show spoiler]Yeah, no. When I arrived at my Walmart, I checked in, and a few minutes later had the equivalent of the squeaky-voiced teen from The Simpsons ask for my name. He then went into a nearby closed-door room to pull my order. What he came back with was absolutely astounding.

I've used Site-to-Store and in-store pickup many times over the years, with no problems. No damaged items, even Funko Pops, which many collectors swear Walmart plays piñata with. I can see your story happening at a really ghetto store.
Old 01-25-2020, 04:32 PM   #19

Jun 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ari_Gold View Post
Love that machine! So cool! The first time I used it, I was like "what the hell is this?" But, it has always worked flawlessly for me.
Old 01-27-2020, 11:04 PM   #20
Blu-ray Guru

Aug 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zillamon51 View Post
I've used Site-to-Store and in-store pickup many times over the years, with no problems. No damaged items, even Funko Pops, which many collectors swear Walmart plays piñata with. I can see your story happening at a really ghetto store.
It wasn't a ghetto store at all. It's actually in a pretty nice neighborhood down the street from a large industrial park. (The one Paul Walker had his accident in, actually.)
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Hot Deals > Movie and TV Deals