Best Nintendo Switch Game Deals

Best Nintendo Switch Game Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Japan Mexico
Blacksad: Under The Skin (Switch)
$19.99

Ni no Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch (Switch)
$29.99

LEGO Marvel Superheroes 2 (Switch)
$14.99

Mortal Kombat 11 (Switch)
$24.99

A Hat In Time (Switch)
$29.99

Wolfenstein II: The New Colossus (Switch)
$29.97

Fire Emblem Warriors (Switch)
$24.49

Risk of Rain 2 (Switch)
$23.00
9 hrs ago
Assassin's Creed III (Switch)
$19.99

Vampyr (Switch)
$29.99

Darksiders Genesis (Switch)
$33.88

Spirit Hunter: NG (Switch)
$36.99

What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Gaming > Nintendo > Nintendo Switch

Old 01-09-2020, 02:32 PM   #1
Blu-ray Baron

Jun 2013
Default Pokemon Mystery Dungeon Team DX

Announced for Switch during Direct - Releasing 3/6/20

Demo releasing today

Last edited by InuYashaCrusade; 01-09-2020 at 11:06 PM.
Thanks given by:
Diesel (01-09-2020)
Old 01-09-2020, 03:30 PM   #2
Entertainment Moderator

Jan 2009
-
-
-
-
-

Never played any of the previous games like this. Anyone got opinions on them?
Old 01-09-2020, 11:07 PM   #3
Blu-ray Baron

Jun 2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diesel View Post
Never played any of the previous games like this. Anyone got opinions on them?
I've never cared for them personally. Just not my kind of game.
Old 01-10-2020, 01:23 AM   #4
Blu-ray Baron

Oct 2012
New York

I’d like it if the first Mystery Dungeon game got released here, it was only released in Japan. This was back when the Mystery Dungeon series was just a spin-off of Dragon Quest. The first game features Torneko/Taloon from DQ4.

Compared to that game, the Pokmon ones are super easy.

I’ve only played it through emulation on my computer, but it would be great to get an official console release in North America.
Old 01-11-2020, 07:51 PM   #5
Entertainment Moderator

Jan 2009
-
-
-
-
-

Demo took me 1:30 to complete. I'll be passing on this, decent enough little game but not really my thing. It also confirmed by initial thought that it is completely laughable that this is being sold for $60.
Old 01-12-2020, 06:02 PM   #6
Power Member

Jun 2010

Yeah, that Demo was pretty bland. Seems like something I’d maybe consider if it was a $20 game. No way I’d pay anywhere near $60 for it.
Old 01-12-2020, 06:05 PM   #7
Blu-ray Baron

Jun 2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmaul1114 View Post
Yeah, that Demo was pretty bland. Seems like something I’d maybe consider if it was a $20 game. No way I’d pay anywhere near $60 for it.
That's how I feel about most Nintendo titles on the Switch. DK Tropical Freeze, Kirby, Yoshi, etc. Not worth $60 dollars.
Old 01-12-2020, 07:05 PM   #8
Entertainment Moderator

Jan 2009
-
-
-
-
-

Those should have been $40 at release with DK being a port with almost no changes and the other two being incredibly short games. Not everything needs to be a $60 release.
Thanks given by:
InuYashaCrusade (01-13-2020)
Old 01-12-2020, 07:07 PM   #9
Blu-ray Baron

Oct 2012
New York

Quote:
Originally Posted by InuYashaCrusade View Post
That's how I feel about most Nintendo titles on the Switch. DK Tropical Freeze, Kirby, Yoshi, etc. Not worth $60 dollars.
Kirby was a 4.5-hour game to beat. It should have been about $15-$20.

DK:TF launched on Wii U for only $50, it should never have released for $10 more on Switch.

Yoshi I actually think was worth the price. If you try to collect everything, it can be quite challenging. Its only "not worth it" if your only goal is to get from point A to point B.
Thanks given by:
InuYashaCrusade (01-13-2020)
Old 01-12-2020, 07:08 PM   #10
Blu-ray Baron

Oct 2012
New York

Quote:
Not everything needs to be a $60 release.
I agree.
Old 01-12-2020, 10:07 PM   #11
Entertainment Moderator

Jan 2009
-
-
-
-
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarface32 View Post

DK:TF launched on Wii U for only $50, it should never have released for $10 more on Switch.

Yoshi I actually think was worth the price. If you try to collect everything, it can be quite challenging. Its only "not worth it" if your only goal is to get from point A to point B.
Yowza, I didn't know Kirby was THAT short.
Old 01-13-2020, 12:19 AM   #12
Blu-ray Baron

Oct 2012
New York

Quote:
It’s odd when you think about the fact that beating Kirby and beating Untitled Goose Game take about the same amount of time.
Old 01-13-2020, 12:46 AM   #13
Blu-ray Baron

Jun 2013

Quote:
On top of it being extremely short it was also a very weak entry in the franchise. The least memorable Kirby game I've played.
Old 01-13-2020, 01:50 AM   #14
Entertainment Moderator

Jan 2009
-
-
-
-
-

The Trials of Mana remake has an MSRP of $49.99, need Nintendo to learn to use that now.
Old 01-17-2020, 01:58 AM   #15

Aug 2019
Sydney, Australia

Quote:
I wouldn't go to that extreme, but it arguably should not have been priced higher than the 3DS games.

Quote:
Originally Posted by InuYashaCrusade View Post
On top of it being extremely short it was also a very weak entry in the franchise. The least memorable Kirby game I've played.
I completely agree with you there. Kirby is one of the few Switch games that I have played to completion (and I have a borderline ridiculous number of games), but I would have preferred a port of Planet Robobot over this. Star Allies played it painfully safe, which I would not have had an issue with so much if Nintendo had released a new installment by now (and I'm not talking about that F2P garbage in the eShop).

Quote:
The Trials of Mana remake has an MSRP of $49.99, need Nintendo to learn to use that now.
I find it strange that they haven't released a port of the Secret of Mana remake. What I would really like though is a collection of the three remakes, complete with the Vita remake of the first game, Adventures of Mana, as well. I suppose they could call it "Revisiting Mana".

And speaking of, I keep forgetting to play Collection of Mana. I had only dabbled briefly with the first game (which was why I bought it in the first place as I am a huge sucker for GB games :P).

Last edited by SillyG; 01-17-2020 at 02:04 AM.
Old 01-17-2020, 02:03 PM   #16
Blu-ray Baron

Oct 2012
New York

Quote:
Originally Posted by SillyG View Post
I find it strange that they haven't released a port of the Secret of Mana remake. What I would really like though is a collection of the three remakes, complete with the Vita remake of the first game, Adventures of Mana, as well. I suppose they could call it "Revisiting Mana".

And speaking of, I keep forgetting to play Collection of Mana. I had only dabbled briefly with the first game (which was why I bought it in the first place as I am a huge sucker for GB games :P).
I hate that they kept the dumbass American name for the first game in the collection. Just because it was called Final Fantasy Adventures on the Gameboy decades ago, doesnt mean you have to keep that name in Collection of Mana.
Old 01-30-2020, 01:26 AM   #17

Aug 2019
Sydney, Australia

Quote:
I hate that they kept the dumbass American name for the first game in the collection. Just because it was called Final Fantasy Adventures on the Gameboy decades ago, doesn’t mean you have to keep that name in Collection of Mana.
They gave it the painfully generic title of "Mystic Quest" in Europe, and that variant is also included in the collection. I'm not sure whether there are any other differences between the two versions beyond that, though there surely would have to be for them to have bothered to include it.

What annoys me more though is when European versions of games (in the rare occasion that they are distinct from an American localisation) still contain American spellings as opposed to British.

It particularly annoyed me in Sword and Shield when the word "Mum" is used, but everything else is spelled in accordance with American English. Even mass data in the Pokdex, which displays metric measurements in some territories, displays imperial data for the English language version. I wish they would at least give us the option to switch between them regardless of language as imperial units are complete gibberish to me.
Old 01-30-2020, 07:58 PM   #18
Blu-ray Baron

Oct 2012
New York

Quote:
I wish they would at least give us the option to switch between them regardless of language as imperial units are complete gibberish to me.
The problem lies in them only having one "English" option when it asks you to select a language. What’s annoying about that is I have no way of knowing if a Pokmon in a Surprise Trade comes from England, Scotland, Ireland, Australia, Canada, or United States... it’s all just English, so they’re not tagged as coming from a different country.
Old 01-30-2020, 11:20 PM   #19

Aug 2019
Sydney, Australia

Quote:
The problem lies in them only having one "English" option when it asks you to select a language. Whats annoying about that is I have no way of knowing if a Pokmon in a Surprise Trade comes from England, Scotland, Ireland, Australia, Canada, or United States... its all just English, so theyre not tagged as coming from a different country.
For the purposes of breeding, only the language makes a difference, as opposed to the country of origin, but it would be nice to know where exactly traded Pokmon have come from.
Old 01-31-2020, 01:50 PM   #20
Blu-ray Baron

Oct 2012
New York

Quote:
For the purposes of breeding, only the language makes a difference, as opposed to the country of origin, but it would be nice to know where exactly traded Pokmon have come from.
Exactly, I find it interesting knowing where my Pokmon come from. As for breeding, I keep a Japanese 6 IV ditto at the daycare for that purpose.
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Gaming > Nintendo > Nintendo Switch