Best Blu-ray Movie Deals

Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Japan Mexico
Alastair Sim's School for Laughter: 4 Classic Comedies (Blu-ray)
$46.49
17 hrs ago
3-D Rarities Volume II (Blu-ray)
$34.99
3 hrs ago
Galaxy Quest (Blu-ray)
$9.99

Doctor Who: The Complete David Tennant Collection (Blu-ray)
$14.99
12 hrs ago
Inner Sanctum Mysteries (Blu-ray)
$46.49

The Great Escape (Blu-ray)
$29.49

Little Women (Blu-ray)
$19.95

Richard Jewell (Blu-ray)
$19.96
9 hrs ago
Birds of Prey (And the Fantabulous Emancipation of One Harley Quinn) (Blu-ray)
$24.99

1917 4K (Blu-ray)
$29.99

Solid Metal Nightmares: The Films of Shinya Tsukamoto (Blu-ray)
$72.99

Code Geass: Lelouch of the Re;surrection (Blu-ray)
$24.99

What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Hot Deals > Movie and TV Deals > Retail/Shopping

Old 02-14-2008, 12:52 PM   #1
Developer

May 2003
Default Share your hot deal resources and tips

This thread is for sharing information and tips about helpful resources when looking for hot deals and promotions related to Blu-ray. If you've found a great resource, feel free to let others know by posting about it here.

However, to make this thread more useful to others, please try to avoid discussions and posting about specific deals that you've gotten or found. Thank you for understanding, we hope that you find this thread in itself to be a great resource.
Old 02-14-2008, 01:10 PM   #2
Blu-ray Guru

Jan 2008
H-town To Indy PSNetwork: HERETOWRECK Trophy Level: (12)

I constantly post articles about hot deals and what coupons to combine and where to print them at, sales going on, hard to find blu's etc. @
http://www.digitalcommentary.com

also, I have bought plenty of times from tower.com they tend to have a nice selection of 13.99 movies, if you get 2 of those, then it equals over 25.00, that then gives you free shipping and tax free. Good way to beef up your collection at a low price, thats bascially a BOGO if you do the math.
Old 02-14-2008, 02:17 PM   #3

Nov 2007
Default Price Matching at B&M stores

Whenever possible, I use Sears to pricematch if I want to buy a title off-line. Yup Sears! It's because they not only effortlessly match the price but also give you 10% of the difference. When Target recently advertised PS3's Assassin's Creed for $38 I printed the ad, took it to Sears, and they sold me a copy for $59.99-$22 (pm)-$2.20 (10% diff) for a net of $35.80. It's a totally painless transaction as they can do it automatically at any register. Use it for BDs, games, hardware, etc.
Good hunting!
Old 02-14-2008, 02:26 PM   #4
Blu-ray Guru

May 2007
PSNetwork: groovyone

Fry's print ad can be found here:

http://newspaperads.mercurynews.com/...px?advid=32664
Old 02-14-2008, 08:47 PM   #5
Blu-ray Guru

Jan 2008

I gotta put HALF.com I've been super happy with them lately .. its owned by ebay but you can find some cheap blu's on there, and it enforces the same ebay feedback rating system.

A tip is, read the shipping method, Media mail is cheap but it will take abouta a week to get your Blu... alot of sellers quote "free 1st class shipping upgrade" sometimes its only 50 cent more or 1.00 more for that title as opposed to the cheapest one... I go with that one since you'll get it a hell of a lot faster as opposed to waiting a week, sometimes 10 days! ... for those that dont know first class is 3 days.
Old 02-17-2008, 02:44 AM   #6
Blu-ray Prince

Oct 2007
Metropolis

The best place to price new dvds & BDs is

http://www.dvdpricesearch.com/

The only caveat I would add is that whoever runs that site has heavily favored HD DVD in the past but I guess that doesn't matter now since HD DVD is dead. The two main deal forums on the Internet are

http://www.slickdeals.net/

http://www.fatwallet.com/c/18/

Occasionally both will list various Blu-ray deals, though obviously those forums cover deals of all types.
Old 02-17-2008, 03:53 AM   #7
Special Member

Jan 2008
Indian Trail, NC USA

Ebay is always a pretty good place, especially if you catch it at the right time. I just got Edward Scissorhands brand new for $18.50 shipped.
Old 02-19-2008, 01:55 PM   #8
Blu-ray Guru

Jan 2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigwayne View Post
Ebay is always a pretty good place, especially if you catch it at the right time. I just got Edward Scissorhands brand new for $18.50 shipped.
Overall Ebay BD deals have been horrible. I'm sure they will get better in time, but out of 100 BDs on Ebay, I'd say I could get the BD cheaper elsewhere for say 90 out of every 100 .. that's a horrible ratio. I'm sure it will get better though.
Old 02-19-2008, 01:57 PM   #9
Blu-ray Guru

Jan 2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clark Kent View Post
The best place to price new dvds & BDs is

http://www.dvdpricesearch.com/

The only caveat I would add is that whoever runs that site has heavily favored HD DVD in the past but I guess that doesn't matter now since HD DVD is dead. The two main deal forums on the Internet are

http://www.slickdeals.net/

http://www.fatwallet.com/c/18/

Occasionally both will list various Blu-ray deals, though obviously those forums cover deals of all types.
dvdpricesearch is a nice tool, but its no different from say pricegrabber.com and even with both of those 2 sites I've found lower prices time and time again. So if your looking for quick buy without really iresearching sure its great to use those tools, but it no means is it a guranteed LOWEST PRICE~!1 ... just figured I'd let that out
Old 03-01-2008, 04:03 PM   #10

Oct 2007
Montana, great falls

I just picked up at my local pawn shop Ladder 49, Day after tomorrow and Con Air for 10 bucks each. Im not sure how many of you have pawn shops near you or shop at them but 10 bucks a disc is quite a deal, They also had spidy 1 &2, the Punisher and Close encounters(Wanted 15).Have you guys seen good selections where you are?
Old 03-01-2008, 09:03 PM   #11
Blu-ray Champion

Aug 2007

Here's what I got,...

-Check this forum for deals often.

-Used discs can sometimes be found at places like FYE, NewBury Comics, Pawn shops, and so on.

-I've returned unopened DVD gifts for credit for Blu Ray.

-My Walmart has nearly nothing in the store but they have good prices on many titles and you can order them with free shipping to your local store.

---That's all I got,...

-Brian
Old 03-05-2008, 06:03 PM   #12
Banned

Feb 2008
Chicago, IL

I check
www.slickdeals.net
www.techbargains.com
www.monoprice.com

Daily
Old 03-05-2008, 06:07 PM   #13
Special Member

Dec 2007
Chicago

For Cables monoprice.com
For Blu Rays Amazon.com
Old 03-06-2008, 03:27 AM   #14

Dec 2006

This is a broad search for Movies:

http://www.gosale.com/cat_listing.ph...es/0/?sort=a-z
Old 03-06-2008, 07:46 AM   #15
Expert Member

Apr 2007
Newark, CA
Default Blu-rayboxsets.com - Best prices for Blu-rays!

Man, I just got done browsing through the website and I noticed how the movies I bought from there a while back got even cheaper. Like I bought The Simpson's for 22 shipped a month ago and now you can get it for about 17 dollars shipped. And some of the new release I bought from Amazon, you can get it at least ten - fifthteen dollars cheaper from Blu-rayboxsets.com if you wait a while. For example if you buy We Own the Night from Blu-rayboxsets, it'll be 20 dollars shipped and from Amazon it'll be 26.95. And if you think about it, the 5 to 10 dollars you save for each movie adds up. As time goes on, the prices of the movies drop, so just wait and look out for the good deals.

So the moral of this thread, is if you wait and have patience for buying a movie, then you can save a lot of money from blu-rayboxset.com.

From now on, I'm not buying movies on release dates or from Amazon anymore. I'm just going to wait for releases to be out for a while and check out blu-rayboxsets for the best prices.

By the way, I picked up a movie from there, I bought Mr. Woodcock which I wasn't sure about buying a month ago at 23.95, and I picked it up for about 13 dollars today. That's one hell of a deal for a blu-ray!

My suggestion is that you should only buy your blu-rays from blu-rayboxsets.com unless you're in dieing need of getting the movie right away and yeah. But if you have patient and want to save movie, wait and buy from there!
Old 03-06-2008, 08:31 AM   #16

Mar 2008

now if I could only get free shipping...
Old 03-06-2008, 10:16 AM   #17
Blu-ray Guru

Jan 2007
N.E. Ohio
Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLU for Blue View Post
if everyone finds out about this site then there will be no more good deals
What? Everyone on this site already knows about blu-rayboxsets.
Old 03-06-2008, 12:19 PM   #18
Blu-ray Baron

Dec 2007
Guam

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xboxbydegrees View Post
What? Everyone on this site already knows about blu-rayboxsets.
lol...yea the secrets been out for a while now.
Old 03-08-2008, 02:10 PM   #19
Blu-ray Samurai

Feb 2007
Indianapolis, IN

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystique View Post
Man, I just got done browsing through the website and I noticed how the movies I bought from there a while back got even cheaper. Like I bought The Simpson's for 22 shipped a month ago and now you can get it for about 17 dollars shipped. And some of the new release I bought from Amazon, you can get it at least ten - fifthteen dollars cheaper from Blu-rayboxsets.com if you wait a while. For example if you buy We Own the Night from Blu-rayboxsets, it'll be 20 dollars shipped and from Amazon it'll be 26.95. And if you think about it, the 5 to 10 dollars you save for each movie adds up. As time goes on, the prices of the movies drop, so just wait and look out for the good deals.

So the moral of this thread, is if you wait and have patience for buying a movie, then you can save a lot of money from blu-rayboxset.com.

From now on, I'm not buying movies on release dates or from Amazon anymore. I'm just going to wait for releases to be out for a while and check out blu-rayboxsets for the best prices.

By the way, I picked up a movie from there, I bought Mr. Woodcock which I wasn't sure about buying a month ago at 23.95, and I picked it up for about 13 dollars today. That's one hell of a deal for a blu-ray!

My suggestion is that you should only buy your blu-rays from blu-rayboxsets.com unless you're in dieing need of getting the movie right away and yeah. But if you have patient and want to save movie, wait and buy from there!
Yeah I couldn't believe how cheap most of the Blu's on here are. I may have to start using them instead of Best Buy or Fry's.
Old 03-16-2008, 04:38 AM   #20

Aug 2007
Illinois

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkpoet25 View Post
Yeah I couldn't believe how cheap most of the Blu's on here are. I may have to start using them instead of Best Buy or Fry's.
you guys do realize it's just amazon marketplace sellers right? the second one person buys a copy, the price will change to the next highest one. it's not like there is a company blu-rayboxsets.com with a factory selling cheap blu rays
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Hot Deals > Movie and TV Deals > Retail/Shopping