Best Blu-ray Movie Deals

Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Japan Mexico
Color Out of Space 4K (Blu-ray)
$17.99
10 hrs ago
Ponyo (Blu-ray)
$21.49
19 hrs ago
Arrow: A Journey's End (Blu-ray)
$5.99

Tom & Jerry: Golden Collection, Volume One (Blu-ray)
$21.49

Little Women (Blu-ray)
$19.95

Titans: The Complete Second Season (Blu-ray)
$22.99
15 hrs ago
Richard Jewell (Blu-ray)
$19.96

Alastair Sim's School for Laughter: 4 Classic Comedies (Blu-ray)
$46.49

Game of Thrones: The Complete Eighth Season (Blu-ray)
$31.46

The Great Escape (Blu-ray)
$29.49

Birds of Prey (And the Fantabulous Emancipation of One Harley Quinn) (Blu-ray)
$24.99

1917 4K (Blu-ray)
$29.99

What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Hot Deals > Movie and TV Deals

Closed Thread

Old 03-13-2008, 10:01 PM   #21
Expert Member

Jul 2007
Tulsa, Oklahoma

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLU for Blue View Post
And the movie isnt supposed to be out yet and thats illegal
great point...

Old 03-13-2008, 10:02 PM   #22

Nov 2006
Toronto

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thatcher View Post
Oh no wal marts are going to go out of business over $10.00 coupons.\
Irrelevant.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thatcher View Post
How do you know they are not being reimbursed?
Because he knows the industry rules.

Gary

Old 03-13-2008, 10:04 PM   #23

Feb 2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaka View Post
Also get rid of all the Amazon Prime posts as well since its supposed to be for household and family members only.
Good grief, you love the sound of your own keys tapping don't you?

Old 03-13-2008, 10:04 PM   #24
Banned

Jan 2008
New York

Quote:
Originally Posted by dialog_gvf View Post
Irrelevant.

Because he knows the industry rules.

Gary
It is irrelevant but true. And if anyone wants the free coupon just type in Enchanted 10 dolar coupon, im sure it comes right up

Old 03-13-2008, 10:06 PM   #25
Blu-ray Archduke

Apr 2007
USA

What happens is WM or any other retailer gets all these fraudulant coupons then in the future they may not aceept them at all or Disney may cease the whole promotion

Old 03-13-2008, 10:07 PM   #26
Expert Member

Jul 2007
Tulsa, Oklahoma

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwbbud View Post
What happens is WM or any other retailer gets all these fraudulant coupons then in the future they may not aceept them at all or Disney may cease the whole promotion
then it will help out the mom and pop shops that cant afford to sell things at such cheap prices.

Old 03-13-2008, 10:08 PM   #27
Banned

Oct 2007
Philadelphia
Send a message via AIM to Caligula Send a message via Yahoo to Caligula

if the format war was not over ? would we have this thread when bda wanted to win?

Old 03-13-2008, 10:11 PM   #28
Blu-ray Samurai

Dec 2007

Quote:
Technically that is illegal as well since these coupons are not to be sold.

Ohh but remember you are not buying the coupon you are paying for the arrangements and postage, LOL

Old 03-13-2008, 10:14 PM   #29
Special Member

Jan 2008
Huntington Beach, CA

Quote:
Originally Posted by quirkmanly View Post
Good grief, you love the sound of your own keys tapping don't you?
No I don't love the sound of my keys tapping.

Just pointing out the inconsistencies. If we are not to talk about anything to scam or rip off retailers then I think this forum needs an enema. This is a private site and I will abide by their rules. So if blu-ray.com wants to be selective about what is OK and what isn't thats fine. Just pointing out other things to ban here while they are at it.

Old 03-13-2008, 10:15 PM   #30
Blu-ray Archduke

Apr 2007
USA

Quote:
No I don't love the sound of my keys tapping.

Just pointing out the inconsistencies. If we are not to talk about anything to scam or rip off retailers then I think this forum needs an enema. This is a private site and I will abide by their rules. So if blu-ray.com wants to be selective about what is OK and what isn't thats fine. Just pointing out other things to ban here while they are at it.
lol, very true

Old 03-13-2008, 10:17 PM   #31

Sep 2007

It's funny how everybody's tune changes once a mod makes it a rule.

I personally don't feel bad for the stores who take the coupons. It's their own fault for not training their staff on their policies. I'm sick of going into these stores with questions about their own policies and nobody ever has a single answer for me. Each person tells me something completely different.

If the managers on a daily or weekly basis (store meetings or 2 mins before someone's shift) just tells them to watch out for fake coupons and if they have any questions to call a manager. For that matter call a manager if somebody wants to use any coupon.

Old 03-13-2008, 10:22 PM   #32
Blu-ray Archduke

Apr 2007
USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phatferd View Post
It's funny how everybody's tune changes once a mod makes it a rule.

I personally don't feel bad for the stores who take the coupons. It's their own fault for not training their staff on their policies. I'm sick of going into these stores with questions about their own policies and nobody ever has a single answer for me. Each person tells me something completely different.

If the managers on a daily or weekly basis (store meetings or 2 mins before someone's shift) just tells them to watch out for fake coupons and if they have any questions to call a manager. For that matter call a manager if somebody wants to use any coupon.
I am sure this has just begun and would take about 6-8 weeks to be discovered from the manufacturer rejecting the coupons. There are more and more online promos involving emailed coupons so I am not sure how educating would help as the different advertising method coincide, there would be a definite confusion especially at the WM over printed coupons.

Chances are, Wm most likely gets reimbursed even for the printed coupons.

Old 03-13-2008, 10:27 PM   #33

Dec 2007
Fayetnam, North Carolina

gee.... just like every other family.....

now that we have won the conflict we can all start b*tching and pointing fingers at each other... i aint been here too long... but i remember looking forward to see where the deals were, who was helping us out, and the loop holes in the system that could be exploited. now i see people whining, saying rude things to each other, and losing that friendly forum feel that helped boost sales of BD's. i am not a criminal. i am just someone who will use the same system that taxes me as many times as possible every day to get a good deal. i dont walk out without paying, i just walk out with a good deal. and yes i use the printouts, i go to church on sundays, and Jesus told me in a IM that i would not burn in hell for this ... have a good day yall

Old 03-13-2008, 10:29 PM   #34
Blu-ray Archduke

Apr 2007
USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by shame0360 View Post
gee.... just like every other family.....

now that we have won the conflict we can all start b*tching and pointing fingers at each other... i aint been here too long... but i remember looking forward to see where the deals were, who was helping us out, and the loop holes in the system that could be exploited. now i see people whining, saying rude things to each other, and losing that friendly forum feel that helped boost sales of BD's. i am not a criminal. i am just someone who will use the same system that taxes me as many times as possible every day to get a good deal. i dont walk out without paying, i just walk out with a good deal. and yes i use the printouts, i go to church on sundays, and Jesus told me in a IM that i would not burn in hell for this ... have a good day yall

lol...forum rules say no religion talk......

Old 03-13-2008, 10:34 PM   #35

Sep 2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwbbud View Post
I am sure this has just begun and would take about 6-8 weeks to be discovered from the manufacturer rejecting the coupons. There are more and more online promos involving emailed coupons so I am not sure how educating would help as the different advertising method coincide, there would be a definite confusion especially at the WM over printed coupons.

Chances are, Wm most likely gets reimbursed even for the printed coupons.
It says on the coupon "Do not duplicate". If they were trained properly or had a good system of taking coupons they would know this was a copy. If the manufacturers want to protect the retailers, then they should have "seals" or wording on there saying, this is not an internet coupon or something of the sort.

Old 03-13-2008, 10:36 PM   #36

Jul 2007
Chicago
Thumbs down

This is such a shame.

Employees and managers can choose to police their own stores for 'legitimate' coupons. I don't appreciate how this site has decided to police its forums because of incompetent businesses. If anything this site should be looking out for the interests of its members.

Please rename thread to "Worst Thread Ever"...

Old 03-13-2008, 10:40 PM   #37
Blu-ray Samurai

Jun 2007
Raleigh, NC

Quote:
"You are not allowed to discuss how to scam or rip-off stores/retailers."

Then lets remove majority of the buy.com/google check out threads.
Don't know that I'd call this a scam if you do it one time. I've only ever done it one time.

Quote:
The free blu-ray posts if you do the online training.
Again not a scam if you're a retailer. I work for Tiger Direct and took the training, perfectly valid. Making it up, not so much.

Quote:
Any price matching threads such as dvd version pricing to get it somewhere else in blu-ray.
Seems pretty scammy to me.

Quote:
Technically your only supposed to use 1 $5 best buy coupon per household as well.
I've never seen one of these, but if Best Buy hands you one, more power to you.

Old 03-13-2008, 10:40 PM   #38
Power Member

Jan 2008
Washington

Well if blu-rays weren't so high priced, look how the cd industry has been ripping off people forever. only costs them a dollar to produce the product if that, but charge premium, as for walmart I've seen tons of articles how they treat there employees with lack of pay or benefits. If your going to remove the coupons then you have to remove everything else, no exceptions.

Old 03-13-2008, 10:41 PM   #39
Blu-ray Samurai

Oct 2007
Austin, TX

The truth is most retailers get compensated electronically as soon as they scan the coupon. BB never keeps them, they throw them away. Do you really think WM is going to mail 10,000 coupons to Disney? This is the age of electronic data delivery. They can simply provide a report to whomever studio is promoting the coupon stating that they took so many discounts for that particular movie. That is why retailers throw away the papers.

Also, this isn't the first time these "coupons" have been posted here. Anyone remembers the POTC coupons? That was back in the beginning of December, so almost 16 weeks later they still promote them. Why? Because it makes people like me, who was only going to rent the movie, go out and buy it instead.

Old 03-13-2008, 10:43 PM   #40
Blu-ray Samurai

Jun 2007
Raleigh, NC

BTW
There seems to be too much discussion about why there shouldn't be a ban on this activity. The forum is independently owned and operated and they have the right to conduct it as they wish. This alone should be enough. Further, the forum and it's owners could be held liable for allowing illegal activity to be associated with their website. I'm quite suprised the hammer didn't come down on this earlier.

If we really want to support Blu-Ray as a viable HD format, we need to NOT try to scam cheat and steal to get our Blu-Rays. If regular pricing or regular sale pricing, or valid offers aren't enough to interest you in buying a movie, you probably don't care enough about the movie. Rent it.

$29.99 is a VERY fair price for a Blu Ray, and frequently we get them for much less.

Closed Thread
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Hot Deals > Movie and TV Deals