Best Blu-ray Movie Deals

Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Japan
The Great Escape (Blu-ray)
$29.49

Inner Sanctum Mysteries (Blu-ray)
$46.49

Danger: Diabolik (Blu-ray)
$24.96
7 hrs ago
Color Out of Space 4K (Blu-ray)
$17.99

Little Women (Blu-ray)
$19.95

Solid Metal Nightmares: The Films of Shinya Tsukamoto (Blu-ray)
$72.99

Birds of Prey (And the Fantabulous Emancipation of One Harley Quinn) 4K (Blu-ray)
$29.99

Birds of Prey (And the Fantabulous Emancipation of One Harley Quinn) (Blu-ray)
$24.99

Six Moral Tales (Blu-ray)
$72.99

First Reformed (Blu-ray)
$9.99

Code Geass: Lelouch of the Re;surrection (Blu-ray)
$24.99

Mortal Kombat Legends: Scorpion's Revenge 4K (Blu-ray)
$28.26

What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Blu-ray.com > Feedback Forum

Old 02-09-2009, 02:17 AM   #21
Blu-ray Champion

Sep 2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blu boy View Post
ive waited 2 months with no responce, is there a reason no one will even take note of my "site improvement" idea.
id suggest post a new thread regarding the issue in feedback. however, i mean no offense but im guessing adding emoticons aren't a high priority for this site. never hurts to ask again though .
Old 02-09-2009, 02:23 AM   #22
Expert Member

Jan 2008
Illinois, USA PSNetwork ID: bigredsc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sussudio View Post
id suggest post a new thread regarding the issue in feedback. however, i mean no offense but im guessing adding emoticons aren't a high priority for this site. never hurts to ask again though .
well i had a thread and had lots of really positive feed back then it just disapeared. so i posted hear and asked some people but i had absolutely no responce for 2 months. i know it isnt that big of a deal but id atleast want someone to respond to me instead of ignoring me. i thought those 2 emoticons r more apropriate for this site then the dancing banana for example.
Old 02-09-2009, 02:28 AM   #23
Blu-ray Champion

Sep 2008

Quote:
well i had a thread and had lots of really positive feed back then it just disapeared. so i posted hear and asked some people but i had absolutely no responce for 2 months. i know it isnt that big of a deal but id atleast want someone to respond to me instead of ignoring me. i thought those 2 emoticons r more apropriate for this site then the dancing banana for example.
you don't like the dancing banana?! (sorry had to do it )

PM an admin if you think you're being ignored. I'm sure they'll get back to you promptly, but like I said emoticons are probably not on the top of their to-do lists yano? plus you can always just import the smiley from HDD yourself.
Old 02-09-2009, 02:39 AM   #24
Blu-ray Archduke

Apr 2007
USA

I am not sure they are adding any smiley's at the moment,(there are more than enough) there have been numerous requests so yours just added to the list. You are more than welcome to host and use that image by yourself if you must have it.
getting angry wont help your cause either
Old 02-09-2009, 03:22 AM   #25
Expert Member

Jan 2008
Illinois, USA PSNetwork ID: bigredsc

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwbbud View Post
I am not sure they are adding any smiley's at the moment,(there are more than enough) there have been numerous requests so yours just added to the list. You are more than welcome to host and use that image by yourself if you must have it.
getting angry wont help your cause either
well thanks for responding, i thought that might be the answer, i was just getting mad because i was ignored for 2 months.
Old 02-09-2009, 03:39 AM   #26
Blu-ray Archduke

Apr 2007
USA

Quote:
well thanks for responding, i thought that might be the answer, i was just getting mad because i was ignored for 2 months.
well its not my call on whether they add it or not but several other smilie requests have been mentioned as well and they havent been added either.
Old 03-18-2009, 04:29 PM   #27

Mar 2009
Prince Edward County, Ontario, Canada
Default My Collection tweak

I've started to catalogue my BD collection on this site and I find it very useful and rewarding. The one thing I can't seem to find is a link to my wishlist. I can find it under My Collection > Complete View but I would love another link under My Collection that filters for only my Wishlist. As it is I have to navigate to the last page of my collection to find them.

Keep up the good work!

j
Old 03-18-2009, 08:18 PM   #28
Blu-ray Archduke

Apr 2007
USA

At the Top of this page, theres a Community NEW hyperlink. Click that
then on the left hand side of the page under My Collection Click Overview

And you will see your overview as well as a wishlist link

I have three, but thats a quick way to view it grouped together
Old 03-20-2009, 05:18 PM   #29

Mar 2009
Prince Edward County, Ontario, Canada

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwbbud View Post
At the Top of this page, theres a Community NEW hyperlink. Click that
then on the left hand side of the page under My Collection Click Overview

And you will see your overview as well as a wishlist link
What I'm asking for is a direct link to the Wishlist under the My Collection section. The My Collection section is always available (not just on the Community page) so I'm always annoyed that I have to go through the Overview link to get there. Should be a minor change since the link already exists...
Old 03-24-2009, 06:43 PM   #30
Special Member

Feb 2008
Region B

In the Disc Review section it says things like:

Video

Video codec: MPEG-4 AVC
Video resolution: 1080p (or 1080i)
Aspect ratio: 2.40:1

It gives other specifications of the disc too in those pages.

Could we please have more specifications, like:
1) If a title is 1080i, what field rate is the title encoded at (is the title 1080i50 or 1080i60)?

2) What frame or field rate was the title originally camera recorded & edited at (more important for TV shows, documentaries and concerts, since most, but not all films will have been recorded at 24fps). But I'd like it shown on normal film titles too, particularly for when they are different from the normal 24fps. eg. the resolution and frame or field rates that it was recorded at may be different from what is encoded on the disc, like Planet Earth or Torchwood or the HDScape titles.

3) As above but what resolution and frame or field rates are the bonus features both recorded at and encoded at (may be different).

4) The make, model and type of the cameras used and film/video format's used. This type of information is sometimes shown in www.imdb.com (eg. like IMAX cameras for some scenes in the Dark Knight), but not always. I'd like the specifications to list the type of cameras (make and models etc.) used on every Blu-ray title, the film gauges if applicable (eg. 35mm, IMAX, 16mm, etc.) or type of HD/SD video cameras used if applicable.

5) I'd also like it if it showed, for each film title, whether or not they transferred A) the original camera negative of the film or B) Whether it was a print of the film (what generation?). Also, for a film title, whether they used a high quality film scanner, or whether they telecined it (since a HQ film scanner will give a lot better quality than a telecine machine).

6) Oh and please could the specification section of reviews also list the average video bitrate of every title too, and perhaps, how much the picture has been filtered or DNRed (like on a scale of 0-5, where 5=Excellent - no filtering that lowers the resolution to lower than 1080i/p, 0=Really bad filtering/DNR).

Thanks.

Last edited by 4K2K; 03-24-2009 at 07:11 PM.
Old 03-27-2009, 01:13 AM   #31
Off-Topic King

Jul 2007
Northern California PSN Id: jkwest5

vBulletin 4 is coming later this year...have any of the developers or moderators considered upgrading our forums to the newer version?

There are a lot of updates that have been added since 3.6.0.

Just something that I was wondering....Thanks!
Old 03-27-2009, 01:16 AM   #32
Blu-ray Champion

Sep 2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkwest View Post
vBulletin 4 is coming later this year...have any of the developers or moderators considered upgrading our forums to the newer version?

what are some of the new updates? i know very little about the vbulletin software
Old 03-27-2009, 01:28 AM   #33
Blu-ray Archduke

Apr 2007
USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkwest View Post

lol funny story and maybe the developers took note but avforums upgraded their software and crashed all the extras they added..like the itrader, and something else, I just read it briefly. Thats why they havent rushed to upgrade here plus iceman had said they werent anything major.

Heres that thread
and avforums is a big UK forum as you will see(282k members)

I think here there is some concern in regards to all the modifications that they made(collection,gallery, etc) wont work with the new version and they dont want to lose them, nor do I.

I would personally love to see the social groups that the newer version has as it would be awesome for just general chat and that kind of activity. Plus you can have open conversations in your profile between members thats kinda cool as well
Old 03-27-2009, 03:41 AM   #34
Off-Topic King

Jul 2007
Northern California PSN Id: jkwest5

yeah...I liked that part of zoo alert...the forums were cool...
Old 03-30-2009, 09:38 PM   #35

Sep 2007
Richmond, B.C. PSN: Thwip

Has the Blu-ray.com team considered making a Twitter account? The service seems to have gone mainstream as of late and it might be a good way to put the word out. I am currently "following" many other similar sites in the gaming industry, and would love to add Blu-ray.com.
Old 04-08-2009, 05:07 AM   #36

Mar 2009
nr London

This came up in another thread, the spoiler tags really need to be fixed so they work with images:

https://forum.blu-ray.com/showpost.p...postcount=1367
Old 04-08-2009, 05:07 AM   #37

Mar 2009
nr London

Please please please make it so there's an option to hide our own reviews in Our Collection? it makes very spammy if you review most of the titles you buy when at times you just want to use it as a check-list of what you have

Maybe an option for turning off your own comments too so other people can see them but you don't need to, it would make it so much easier

Maybe some kind of grid format that just shows the box art(+name?)? so you can see lots on one page? Youtube's favourites comes to mind
http://bayimg.com/image/faoibaabn.jpg
as well as GOG.com's "virtual shelf": [1] [2]
Old 04-08-2009, 05:08 AM   #38

Mar 2009
nr London

A lot of the profiles for films (even ones that have been out for quite a while) are incomplete, especially non-US ones which are almost all nearly totally empty though plenty of US ones have stuff missing too

I think Subtitles info stands out the most as being consistently missing which is important because there a lot of deaf people out there - my own mum included and it's really sad when they buy something then find they can't watch it

What it would be cool is if the admins made it so that other people can update stuff wiki-style that way they don't have to do all the work themselves - I'm sure keeping stuff updated is only going to get worse as Blu-Ray becomes more mainstream
Old 04-15-2009, 11:00 AM   #39
Special Member

Feb 2008
Region B

In the Movies section on Search Movies
https://www.blu-ray.com/movies/search.php

Isn't there a way to search for titles that have been released by country?
eg. all that have been released in the UK? If not, could one be added please.

Also, in the search by production year, the listbox has entries starting from 205, then 206, 207, etc. I don't think they had film or video cameras in the year 205AD. Shouldn't the lists of years start whenever motion pictures started (very late 1800s or early 1900s) or with the earliest film production year of a Blu-ray title (1935?)

Last edited by 4K2K; 04-15-2009 at 11:09 AM.
Old 04-15-2009, 11:16 AM   #40
Blu-ray Guru

Jan 2009
The Netherlands
Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4K2K View Post
In the Movies section on Search Movies
https://www.blu-ray.com/movies/search.php

Isn't there a way to search for titles that have been released by country?
eg. all that have been released in the UK? If not, could one be added please.
Not as far I can see in the dropdown-menus on the page you link.
However, I do see the option for region-coding, which is ALMOST the same.
Then again, I just found when you click on a country-flag in the top-right,
you change the country of all releases, including those search-results.
Even when you already searched and are on the page of the results, they get filtered to the country you click.
That's a cool feature I only found out just now, so I guess that's the way to do it.

You can actually also modify "your settings" to only show the countries of your preference.
Which you activate by clicking the "blu-ray-flag".
It's also handy, like I do, to set the countries you're interested in for that one,
and occasionally, when needed, click another flag if you only want those releases to show.

Last edited by Damage Inc.; 04-15-2009 at 11:20 AM.
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Blu-ray.com > Feedback Forum