Best Blu-ray Movie Deals

Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Japan
Little Women (Blu-ray)
$19.95
15 hrs ago
Solid Metal Nightmares: The Films of Shinya Tsukamoto (Blu-ray)
$72.99

Doctor Who: The Complete David Tennant Collection (Blu-ray)
$14.99

Birds of Prey (And the Fantabulous Emancipation of One Harley Quinn) 4K (Blu-ray)
$29.99

Superman: The Movie 4K (Blu-ray)
$15.99

The Good Place: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$50.31

Unforgiven 4K (Blu-ray)
$15.99

Angel Has Fallen 4K (Blu-ray)
$14.96

Orphen: Complete Collection SD (Blu-ray)
$10.99

Sonic the Hedgehog (Blu-ray)
$22.99

A Beautiful Day in the Neighborhood 4K (Blu-ray)
$24.99

First Love (Blu-ray)
$14.99
7 hrs ago
What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Audio > Music / Audiophiles > Vinyl and Old School Music

Old 04-22-2009, 08:07 PM   #41

Apr 2009
Juliette, GA
Default Might be a 45 or 78

I have a mint copy of The Cadillacs "Gloria" on the original Josie label. It usually lists north of $350. I just saw an auction where it went for $450. I have a Kansas City Kitty and Georgia Tom that's pretty rare. I also have a excellent copy of "Black Snake Moan" by Blind Lemon Jefferson as well as a few 78's on the short lived Black Swan label.

I bought every Beatles album through Abbey Road on or near the day they were released. They're all in EX+ to NM condition. Unfortunately, no butcher cover.

My mono "James Brown at the Apollo" is worth some change, along with my signed copy of Rufus Thomas' "Walking the Dog" LP.

Doug
Old 04-22-2009, 08:14 PM   #42

Jul 2007
At the crossroad of Analogue Dr & 2CH Ave

Quote:
Originally Posted by DougMac View Post
I have a mint copy of The Cadillacs "Gloria" on the original Josie label. It usually lists north of $350. I just saw an auction where it went for $450. I have a Kansas City Kitty and Georgia Tom that's pretty rare. I also have a excellent copy of "Black Snake Moan" by Blind Lemon Jefferson as well as a few 78's on the short lived Black Swan label.

I bought every Beatles album through Abbey Road on or near the day they were released. They're all in EX+ to NM condition. Unfortunately, no butcher cover.

My mono "James Brown at the Apollo" is worth some change, along with my signed copy of Rufus Thomas' "Walking the Dog" LP.

Doug
That's some nice stuff you have in your collection.

John
Old 02-09-2010, 08:48 PM   #43

Mar 2007
Buffalo, NY

I'd say my entire Boards of Canada collection, since most of it is out of print. I have

Hi Scores EP
Twoism
Geogaddi
The Campfire Headpahse
Trans Canada Highway

Last time I was on ebay, saw a copy of Campfire Headphase going for $75+, luckily it only cost me $17 at a local record shop
Old 02-09-2010, 11:14 PM   #44
Blu-ray Samurai

Feb 2008
Brooks Alberta

German double disk pressing of Deftones White Pony, 150 bucks. After that probably my Mastodon box set, 9 LP's 300 bucks. I also have a Pantera Far Beyond Driven double disk I paid a nice price for. My next purchase is an In Flames Clayman picture disk, 125.00.
Old 02-12-2010, 03:15 PM   #45

Aug 2009

So far so good only 4.- Euro for Jean Michel Jarre - Magnetic Fields
Old 02-13-2010, 04:22 PM   #46

Feb 2010
Oregon

A legit printing of Tool - Ænima

Bootlegs have dropped the price of this, but I'm still glad I picked it up when it was released.
Old 02-17-2010, 07:28 PM   #47

Feb 2009
Oklahoma City

Converge - Jane Doe
Usually goes for around $100. At least until it gets repressed.

Neurosis- Through Silver in Blood original pressing.
Around $90. It got repressed so I doubt it goes for that much anymore.
Old 02-23-2010, 02:00 PM   #48

Nov 2009
Buffalo, NY

I've sold most of my expensive records. Probably the most valuable record I have now is a mint copy of Bad Religion's "Into The Unknown".
Old 03-01-2010, 06:39 AM   #49

Jan 2009

I own upwards of 30 early 'Razormaid!' releases, all of them from the Class-X, Chapter, How Slow Can You Go, Gridlock, Seismic Sound and Anniversary series. Most of them go for $100 or more commonly.

I also have 2 copies of the very limited (to 200) 'Nick Heyward - Tell Me Why (Extended)' white-label release. I've seen them go for as much as $500, but finding one to rate current value against is impossible. I haven't actually seen one sell in almost 15 years. I have numbers 7 and 112 of only 200 pressed.

I have found it on discogs previously, but I have never seen one there for sale. In fact, I've never seen one for sale online anywhere...

I would guess that this release is easily worth $500 minimum, but I have no way to quantify that. My value is rated on the limited number of copies I have seen with my own eyes over the last 20 years and how much they were selling/sold for.

I know I wouldn't sell mine for less than that, because the chances of acquiring another one is practically non-existent.

Shit, you can't even find MP3s of the songs on that vinyl for download anywhere....I know, I've tried.
Old 03-10-2010, 04:57 PM   #50
Blu-ray Baron

Oct 2009
USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Daddy View Post
I don't know about value, but I do own some rare LPs.
  • Almost all the LPs of Demis Roussos (1970's). Does anybody on this site know him?
  • Almost all the LPs of Julio Iglesias (1970's & early 1980's)
  • 3 LPs of Jean Michel Jarre (1976, 1978, and 1981)
  • 2 LPs of Charles Aznavour (1977 and 1978)
  • LP of Dark Side of the Moon (original 1973-74) release
  • LP of The Moody Blues: On the Threshold of a Dream (1969)
  • Lp of The Moody Blues: Every Good Boy Deserves Favour (original release)
  • LP of Engelbert Humperdinck: Golden Love Songs (1977)
  • LP of Meat Loaf: Bat Out of Hell (1977)
  • LP of Elton John: Rock of the Westies (1975)
  • LP of Joan Baez/5 (original release)
  • The 2 LP Soundtrack of Saturday Night Fever (1977)
  • The LP Soundtrack of Doctor Zhivago (1966-67)
  • The LP Soundtrack of The Godfather (1972)
I have copy of Elton John's "Rock of the Westies" signed by EJ (with COA) himself!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg ej 001.jpg (74.9 KB, 21 views)
Old 03-26-2010, 02:39 AM   #51

Mar 2010
USA

My The Mars Volta collection is pretty valuble. Have 2 copies of each 1 opened and 1 sealed.

Tremulant EP - $50+
Deloused in the Comatorium - $300+
Live at the Electric Ballroom [import] - $100+
Frances the Mute - $100+
Amputechture - $50+
The Bedlam in Goliath - $50

Also have a lot of rare 70's thru 80's punk on vinyl.
Dead Kennedys, Crass, The Adicts, Misfits, etc etc

Have a few pretty pricey Iron Maiden vinyls as well.
The Trooper - $150+
Killers - $100+
Rock in Rio [import] - $100+
Old 04-05-2010, 03:11 PM   #52
Blu-ray Samurai

Oct 2007
Seattle Area

I have a fair sampling of Mobile Fidelity Sound Labs Original Master Recordings and some Direct-to-Disc titles (all only played once to record), but my most valuable would be my three MFSL Ultra-High Quality Recordings (see my HT gallery). A record dealer in San Diego offered me $1000 for my Dark Side of the Moon UHQR (I have seen them go for $1600 unopened), and $600 for Sgt Pepper. The disc I would most like to have again, but haven't seen anywhere for many years is the Dave Brubeck direct-to-disc album he recorded with his sons as the band members. THAT was a hi-fi recording!
Old 04-05-2010, 05:36 PM   #53
Blu-ray Samurai

Jun 2007
Kelowna, BC
Send a message via AIM to richteer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grand Bob View Post
I have a fair sampling of Mobile Fidelity Sound Labs Original Master Recordings and some Direct-to-Disc titles (all only played once to record), but my most valuable would be my three MFSL Ultra-High Quality Recordings (see my HT gallery). A record dealer in San Diego offered me $1000 for my Dark Side of the Moon UHQR (I have seen them go for $1600 unopened), and $600 for Sgt Pepper. The disc I would most like to have again, but haven't seen anywhere for many years is the Dave Brubeck direct-to-disc album he recorded with his sons as the band members. THAT was a hi-fi recording!
I sure wish I grabbed a copy of the UHQR DSOTM when it first came out. Alas, I was just getting into vinyl then, and didn't see the added value. A couple of years later, the best I could do was buy a slightly used Original Master Recorder version. Oh well...

When I was working (a couple of years ago), a came "this close" to buying one of those $1000+ sealed DSOTMs. Sanity prevailed!
Old 04-05-2010, 10:36 PM   #54
Blu-ray Samurai

Oct 2007
Seattle Area

Quote:
Originally Posted by richteer View Post
I sure wish I grabbed a copy of the UHQR DSOTM when it first came out. Alas, I was just getting into vinyl then, and didn't see the added value. A couple of years later, the best I could do was buy a slightly used Original Master Recorder version. Oh well...

When I was working (a couple of years ago), a came "this close" to buying one of those $1000+ sealed DSOTMs. Sanity prevailed!
I was lucky because I knew a salesman that would hold back UHQR's for me when they arrived at his store, otherwise I never would have been able to obtain them. As for sound quality, I would venture to say that they fulfill all expectations. They sound better than the "normal" Original Master Recordings, and short of having the original studio tapes, I can't imagine a better sounding version.
Old 04-05-2010, 10:52 PM   #55

Jul 2007
At the crossroad of Analogue Dr & 2CH Ave

Quote:
I was lucky because I knew a salesman that would hold back UHQR's for me when they arrived at his store, otherwise I never would have been able to obtain them. As for sound quality, I would venture to say that they fulfill all expectations. They sound better than the "normal" Original Master Recordings, and short of having the original studio tapes, I can't imagine a better sounding version.
Just listening to the MoFi recording of John Lennon-Plastic Ono Band ( his first solo album after the breakup) and I must say it is sublime. This has seen many spins on my TT and it is holding it's quality and reproduction extremely well. Just thought I would pass that on.

John
Old 04-05-2010, 11:56 PM   #56
Blu-ray Samurai

Jun 2007
Kelowna, BC
Send a message via AIM to richteer

Quote:
Lucky indeed! I do own one UHQR record: Holst's The Planets. Very good it is!
Old 04-06-2010, 12:12 AM   #57
Blu-ray Samurai

Oct 2007
Seattle Area

Quote:
Originally Posted by richteer View Post
Lucky indeed! I do own one UHQR record: Holst's The Planets. Very good it is!
MFSL definitely packaged these things right, with the cardboard box, cushioning material, stiff cardboard sleeve (with hand-written numbering) and rice paper inner sleeve. I still get a kick out of the "Technical Specification Manual" that comes with it. You actually felt like you were getting your $50 worth!
Old 04-09-2010, 12:27 AM   #58

Aug 2008
Margaritaville, CA

I own the Metallica Limited Ed box set (numbered to 5000). It has 180g spread to 2 discs each of Kill Em All, Ride the Lightning, Master of Puppets, Justice for All, $5.98 Garage Days and the Creeping Death picture discs.
http://www.amazon.com/Vinyl-Box-Meta...0769049&sr=8-2

Also own Pink Floyd limited blue vinyl of Division Bell.
http://www.amazon.com/Division-Bell-.../dp/B000LXC1SA
Old 06-13-2010, 11:58 PM   #59
Banned

Jun 2010

Last edited by NeonLights; 07-06-2012 at 06:30 AM.
Old 07-02-2010, 06:12 PM   #60
Special Member

Sep 2009
Los Angeles

-my UK track electric ladyland is worth about 200$
-i paid 100$ for my uk 1st press of "the wall" though i may of got ripped of a bit on this one :P
-my uk 2nd press mono revolver i got for 90$
-got a 1st press uk mono saucerful of secrets..thats worth about 100$
-also some pink floyd bootlegs..worth 200 and maybe 250..

damn.. i thought i had more..guess not :P
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Audio > Music / Audiophiles > Vinyl and Old School Music