Best Blu-ray Movie Deals

Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Japan Mexico
Alastair Sim's School for Laughter: 4 Classic Comedies (Blu-ray)
$46.49
23 hrs ago
3-D Rarities Volume II (Blu-ray)
$34.99
10 hrs ago
Birds of Prey (And the Fantabulous Emancipation of One Harley Quinn) (Blu-ray)
$24.99

Little Women (Blu-ray)
$19.95

Galaxy Quest (Blu-ray)
$9.99

Richard Jewell (Blu-ray)
$19.96
16 hrs ago
Arrow: A Journey's End (Blu-ray)
$5.99
3 hrs ago
Solid Metal Nightmares: The Films of Shinya Tsukamoto (Blu-ray)
$72.99

The Great Escape (Blu-ray)
$29.49

Doctor Who: The Complete David Tennant Collection (Blu-ray)
$14.99
18 hrs ago
1917 4K (Blu-ray)
$29.99

Three Fantastic Journeys by Karel Zeman (Blu-ray)
$71.14
1 hr ago
What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Audio > Music / Audiophiles > Vinyl and Old School Music

Old 07-26-2009, 03:38 PM   #41
Blu-ray Knight

Mar 2008
NOLA

Quote:
Originally Posted by John72953 View Post
Here is a pic of my dead (sadly) Revolver TT. I bought it back in 1985 or so and paid about $800 plus another $275 for a Grado 8mz cartridge.

I have always maintained it very well by getting it regularly services and aligned, changing the belts and adding new cartridges. The last of which was a Grado Reference Platinum (about $400 CDN..can't exactly remember).

Attachment 5917

Hopefully soon I'll be able to report back on a new turntable. I sure do miss it! This is the first time since 1968 that I have been without a turntable.

John
Hi John,
I never asked you about this before, but have you taken your Revolver apart to find out exactly was died on it? Sometimes exhaustive internet searching can turn up parts, or you might pick up another TT on the cheap and use it for parts. Seems like I saw one for sale recently that was pretty inexpensive.

I know that Revolver Audio has gone through several incarnations since the original founders made your TT. Check out the site: http://www.revolveraudio.co.uk/ maybe you could contact them to see if any parts may still be laying around somewhere.

Also, how about their newest TT: http://www.revolveraudio.co.uk/replay.htm

Just thought I'd mention this.
Old 07-26-2009, 04:10 PM   #42
Blu-ray Ninja

Aug 2008
555 Naim Street
Default BUmp

Bump!!
Old 07-26-2009, 04:17 PM   #43

Jul 2007
At the crossroad of Analogue Dr & 2CH Ave

Quote:
Originally Posted by BluRayFred View Post
Hi John,
I never asked you about this before, but have you taken your Revolver apart to find out exactly was died on it? Sometimes exhaustive internet searching can turn up parts, or you might pick up another TT on the cheap and use it for parts. Seems like I saw one for sale recently that was pretty inexpensive.

I know that Revolver Audio has gone through several incarnations since the original founders made your TT. Check out the site: http://www.revolveraudio.co.uk/ maybe you could contact them to see if any parts may still be laying around somewhere.

Also, how about their newest TT: http://www.revolveraudio.co.uk/replay.htm

Just thought I'd mention this.
Hi Fred,

I've contacted Revolver in the UK, but never heard back from them. Should really try it again.

And I saw this TT in a Stereophile blog post last year and it sure is one sweet looking TT. Been looking for a review, but the one I found from WHAT HI-FI (I think, can't remember if it was them) won't let me in to see it.

Your post is somewhat timely and although I've been reluctant to mention it, for fear of jinxing the possibility, I have some news.

I spotted a used Revelover TT for a song at CanuckAudioMart and have contacted the guy (still awiting his reply). I would dearly love to pick this up as I could use the parts and interchange the motor assembly with mine. Additionally, I'd have a second arm, a belt, a contact switch, etc.

I'm really hoping this goes through for me, as I can then once again play my beloved TT and my newest LP finds. I'm still in the market for a new TT however, but that will take some time. It's been a really rough year for me and I need to recoup from it all.

John
Old 07-26-2009, 04:28 PM   #44
Blu-ray Knight

Mar 2008
NOLA

Quote:
Hi Fred,

I've contacted Revolver in the UK, but never heard back from them. Should really try it again.

And I saw this TT in a Stereophile blog post last year and it sure is one sweet looking TT. Been looking for a review, but the one I found from WHAT HI-FI (I think, can't remember if it was them) won't let me in to see it.

Your post is somewhat timely and although I've been reluctant to mention it, for fear of jinxing the possibility, I have some news.

I spotted a used Revelover TT for a song at CanuckAudioMart and have contacted the guy (still awiting his reply). I would dearly love to pick this up as I could use the parts and interchange the motor assembly with mine. Additionally, I'd have a second arm, a belt, a contact switch, etc.

I'm really hoping this goes through for me, as I can then once again play my beloved TT and my newest LP finds. I'm still in the market for a new TT however, but that will take some time. It's been a really rough year for me and I need to recoup from it all.

John
We'll be keeping our fingers crossed for you.
Old 07-26-2009, 04:34 PM   #45

Jul 2007

Quote:
We'll be keeping our fingers crossed for you.
Thank you Fred! I appreciate it very much!

John
Old 08-02-2009, 01:47 PM   #46

Mar 2008
New York

I just picked up my new VPI Classic on Saturday, with a Benz Micro Glider S M cartridge installed. All I can say is wow! I played all different kinds of records yesterday and it sounds amazing.

Here are some pictures;

Last edited by joe1515; 08-02-2009 at 02:36 PM.
Old 08-02-2009, 02:00 PM   #47
Blu-ray Ninja

Oct 2008
Breinigsville, PA

Quote:
Originally Posted by joe1515 View Post
I just picked up my new VPI Classic on Saturday, with a Benz Micro Glider S M cartridge installed. All I can say is wow. I played all different kinds of records yesterday and it sounds amazing.

Here are some pictures;

Joe,

Congrats, it looks like a very nice rig. Glad that you like the performance.

Rich
Old 08-02-2009, 02:03 PM   #48
Blu-ray Ninja

Oct 2008
Breinigsville, PA

Quote:
Thank you Fred! I appreciate it very much!

John
Hi John,

What is the status on that Revolver turntable that you were trying to purchase?

Rich
Old 08-02-2009, 03:04 PM   #49

Jul 2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by naturephoto1 View Post
Hi John,

What is the status on that Revolver turntable that you were trying to purchase?

Rich
Hi Rich,

Nothing yet! Just sent off another follow-up email. At this point I'm not optimistic it's going to happen. Still, I keep my fingers crossed in case!

John
Old 08-02-2009, 03:06 PM   #50

Jul 2007

Hi Joe,

Great pics, she looks like a beauty! I guess you're experiencing some vinyl nirvana, eh?

Congrats!

John
Old 08-02-2009, 06:12 PM   #51
Blu-ray Knight

Mar 2008
NOLA

Quote:
Originally Posted by joe1515 View Post
I just picked up my new VPI Classic on Saturday, with a Benz Micro Glider S M cartridge installed. All I can say is wow! I played all different kinds of records yesterday and it sounds amazing.

Here are some pictures;

It's a real beauty Joe. Congrats!
Old 08-02-2009, 06:16 PM   #52
Blu-ray Knight

Mar 2008
NOLA

Quote:
Hi Rich,

Nothing yet! Just sent off another follow-up email. At this point I'm not optimistic it's going to happen. Still, I keep my fingers crossed in case!

John
John,

I've run into problems like that with Craigslist down here in my area. I can never understand why someone who lists an item for sale can't even do a simple courtesy to answer an inquiry.

Anyway, we'll keep our eyes and ears open.
Old 08-02-2009, 08:13 PM   #53

Jul 2007

Quote:
John,

I've run into problems like that with Craigslist down here in my area. I can never understand why someone who lists an item for sale can't even do a simple courtesy to answer an inquiry.

Anyway, we'll keep our eyes and ears open.
Thanks Fred!

John
Old 08-03-2009, 01:15 PM   #54

Jul 2007

Received an email this morning from the guy who's selling his Revolver and it is still available. We're communicating and if everything goes well, I'll be picking it up on Saturday. Wish me luck, guys!

John
Old 08-03-2009, 01:27 PM   #55
Blu-ray Ninja

Oct 2008
Breinigsville, PA

Quote:
Received an email this morning from the guy who's selling his Revolver and it is still available. We're communicating and if everything goes well, I'll be picking it up on Saturday. Wish me luck, guys!

John
John,

Hooray!!!! It looks like you will have at least 1 working turntable shortly. I hope nothing falls through to spoil this for you; you have waited way to long.

Rich
Old 08-03-2009, 01:49 PM   #56

Jul 2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by naturephoto1 View Post
John,

Hooray!!!! It looks like you will have at least 1 working turntable shortly. I hope nothing falls through to spoil this for you; you have waited way to long.

Rich
Thanks Rich! There have been far too many disappointments for me this year, that I couldn't deal with another one. I'm really hopeful now that this may turn the tide and, like you said, at least I'll have 1 working TT for now. As you know, my Revolver has huge sentimental value, and I would never give it up. It's nice to see that now with a 2nd. Revolver I can keep it going for many more years!

The seller said that I would be more than welcome to listen to it first and judge for myself about its condition. That's a good sign and I certainly will do so.

John
Old 08-03-2009, 06:25 PM   #57
Special Member

Jan 2007
NYC

That VPI Classic is gorgeous.
Old 08-03-2009, 07:14 PM   #58

Jul 2007

It looks like my Revolver deal is going to happen. I've asked him to send me some close-up shots of the arm assembly, cartridge and overall condition of the table itself. He claims it is NEAR MINT.

We have a tentative pick-up (and audition) of NOON this coming Saturday August 8.

Wish me luck boys!

John ...no
Old 08-04-2009, 01:00 AM   #59
Blu-ray Knight

Mar 2008
NOLA

Quote:
It looks like my Revolver deal is going to happen. I've asked him to send me some close-up shots of the arm assembly, cartridge and overall condition of the table itself. He claims it is NEAR MINT.

We have a tentative pick-up (and audition) of NOON this coming Saturday August 8.

Wish me luck boys!

John ...no
That is Super News! We're all keeping our fingers crossed that this turns out right for you. Who knows, maybe this TT is in better shape than the one you have wouldn't that be weird. Gotta wonder if that guy cruises this forum? I notice it wasn't until I busted his chops about not responding to inquiries that you got your answer.

Now the only problem is that this is only Monday and Saturday seems sooooo far off.

Keep us posted.
Old 08-04-2009, 02:02 AM   #60

Jul 2007

Quote:
That is Super News! We're all keeping our fingers crossed that this turns out right for you. Who knows, maybe this TT is in better shape than the one you have wouldn't that be weird. Gotta wonder if that guy cruises this forum? I notice it wasn't until I busted his chops about not responding to inquiries that you got your answer.

Now the only problem is that this is only Monday and Saturday seems sooooo far off.

Keep us posted.
Thanks Fred...and yes, Saturday is a long time it seems. Got to start thinking about what vinyl to play first now! LOL Good, it's all good now!

John
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Audio > Music / Audiophiles > Vinyl and Old School Music