Best Blu-ray Movie Deals

Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Japan
Ultra Q: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$27.04
22 hrs ago
How to Train Your Dragon: The Hidden World 4K (Blu-ray)
$14.99

Hell Comes to Frogtown (Blu-ray)
$21.99
5 hrs ago
Harry Potter: 8-Film Collection 4K (Blu-ray)
$90.99

Brightburn 4K (Blu-ray)
$22.96

Zombieland 4K (Blu-ray)
$26.49
2 hrs ago
Ultraman: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$21.72

Harry Potter: Complete 8-Film Collection (Blu-ray)
$34.64

John Wick: Chapter 3 - Parabellum 4K (Blu-ray)
$29.99

Gatchaman (Blu-ray)
$65.99

X-Men: Dark Phoenix 4K (Blu-ray)
$29.96
17 hrs ago
Mirage (Blu-ray)
$19.98
2 hrs ago
What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Audio > Speakers

Old 08-29-2015, 01:26 AM   #1

Aug 2011
U.K.
Default Anybody use Ken Kreisel/M&K speakers?

Hi,

I couldn't seem to find an official thread for Ken Kreisel/M&K satellite speakers. From what I have read the biggest studios, producers, directors such as Lucasfilm Ltd, 20th Century Fox, Universal and Warner Bros to name a few use them.

Movies like Star Wars, Lord of The Rings and King Kong were mixed using Ken Kreisel speakers.

Would it be true to say that since MK/KK speakers are used by many studios and directors/producers for mixing movies like Star Wars and King Kong that using these speakers will be closest to the director/producer's intention as to how the audio should sound compare to using floorstanding/bookshelf speakers from companies like B&W, JBL, Kplisch, Dynaudio?

The only downside I can see is that satellite speakers may have problems covering very large rooms compared to floorstanding speakers.

Would be interested to hear your thoughts and anybody that own KK or M&K speakers.

Last edited by cheecheung; 08-29-2015 at 01:32 AM.
Old 08-29-2015, 02:58 AM   #2
Power Member

Oct 2008

Funny you post this.. two different M & K subwoofers just showed up on my local craigslist and I got curious about them as well!
Old 02-04-2019, 07:12 PM   #3

Oct 2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheecheung View Post
Hi,

I couldn't seem to find an official thread for Ken Kreisel/M&K satellite speakers. From what I have read the biggest studios, producers, directors such as Lucasfilm Ltd, 20th Century Fox, Universal and Warner Bros to name a few use them.

Movies like Star Wars, Lord of The Rings and King Kong were mixed using Ken Kreisel speakers.

Would it be true to say that since MK/KK speakers are used by many studios and directors/producers for mixing movies like Star Wars and King Kong that using these speakers will be closest to the director/producer's intention as to how the audio should sound compare to using floorstanding/bookshelf speakers from companies like B&W, JBL, Kplisch, Dynaudio?

The only downside I can see is that satellite speakers may have problems covering very large rooms compared to floorstanding speakers.

Would be interested to hear your thoughts and anybody that own KK or M&K speakers.
If you were to listen to the Star Wars prequel trilogy on an M&K 150 system(original M&K when Ken Kreisel owned the company) then you will hear them exactly as they were heard when the sound was mixed. Lucasfilm used these speakers to mix the trilogy.
Thanks given by:
prerich (04-11-2019)
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Audio > Speakers