Best Anime Deals

Amazon Prime Day is Now Live »
Prime: Fast & Furious 8-Movie Collect… $44.99 (10 hours left)

Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Japan
Hellsing Ultimate: The Complete Collection (Blu-ray)
$39.99
 
The Big O: Complete Collection (Blu-ray)
$52.99
 
Mazinger Z: Infinity (Blu-ray)
$16.55
21 min ago
Elfen Lied: Complete Collection Plus OVA (Blu-ray)
$66.29
 
Phoenix: Perfect Collection (Blu-ray)
$44.03
 
Star Blazers 2202: Space Battleship Yamato Ė Part One (Blu-ray)
$50.99
 
Steins;Gate 0 - Part Two (Blu-ray)
$34.99
 
Outlaw Star: Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$26.88
 
Steins;Gate 0 - Part One (Blu-ray)
$34.99
 
Hunter ◊ Hunter: Volume 5 (Blu-ray)
$29.99
 
Initial D Legend: Theatrical Collection (Blu-ray)
$33.19
 
Tada Never Falls In Love: Complete Collection (Blu-ray)
$86.19
 
What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out


Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Anime


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-30-2019, 09:01 PM   #3641
Barbossa Barbossa is offline
Expert Member
 
Barbossa's Avatar
 
Jan 2011
Default

Thanks for the notification golem216, loved the series.

Out of interest, in the absence of a GKIDS release of The Wind Rises, can anyone advise which Blu-ray is the best one to get (with accurate English subtitles, original Japanese language, etc)?
  Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2019, 01:44 AM   #3642
Naiera Naiera is online now
Blu-ray Count
 
Naiera's Avatar
 
Jun 2012
Denmark
9
20
Default

Finally watched Marnie, on my Taiwanese Blu-ray.

I want a sequel that takes place the next summer, showing the two girls' further adventures
  Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2019, 02:54 AM   #3643
Naiera Naiera is online now
Blu-ray Count
 
Naiera's Avatar
 
Jun 2012
Denmark
9
20
Default

Got a TW Wind Rises for $18 shipped
  Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2019, 11:25 AM   #3644
Hek_qwerr Hek_qwerr is offline
Blu-ray Samurai
 
Hek_qwerr's Avatar
 
Oct 2013
103
Default

just seen this on reddit last night and wanted help on knowing which release has this inside artwork

  Reply With Quote
Thanks given by:
Barbossa (06-01-2019), gwfb5 (06-02-2019), rickah88 (06-01-2019), vivablu (06-02-2019)
Old 06-01-2019, 01:28 PM   #3645
rickah88 rickah88 is offline
Blu-ray Grand Duke
 
rickah88's Avatar
 
May 2010
Columbia, MD
-
-
-
93
Default

^^
That is very cool. I canít tell if thatís a booklet or possible custom artwork. Either turning the disc over to act like a water reflection is a great idea.
  Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2019, 01:37 PM   #3646
Hek_qwerr Hek_qwerr is offline
Blu-ray Samurai
 
Hek_qwerr's Avatar
 
Oct 2013
103
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rickah88 View Post
^^
That is very cool. I canít tell if thatís a booklet or possible custom artwork. Either turning the disc over to act like a water reflection is a great idea.
pretty sure itís not a custom although i do think the case was switched over to a clear case.i want to double dip on totoro just for this
  Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2019, 10:17 PM   #3647
AeroK AeroK is offline
Blu-ray Samurai
 
AeroK's Avatar
 
Dec 2009
DFW TX
21
967
136
1
Default

I'll be in Tokyo for 4 days in August and I'm planning to go to the Ghibli Museum while I'm there. Ticketing process seems a little confusing but as far as I know, I'm suppose to try to reserve them on the 10th of July (Japan Time) in order to visit the museum in the month of August. If that doesn't work out then my back up plan is to find a Donguri for some goodies.
  Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2019, 08:48 AM   #3648
GC Riot GC Riot is offline
Blu-ray Ninja
 
GC Riot's Avatar
 
Jun 2008
Gothenburg, Sweden
73
386
22
27
Default

Not really Studio Ghibli anime news per se, but it seems that the PS3 game Ni no Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch will be getting a rerelease on Nintendo Switch and a remaster for PS4 and PC later this fall! For those that don't know, Studio Ghibli animated the cutscenes in this game.
https://gematsu.com/2019/06/bandai-n...uni-remastered
  Reply With Quote
Thanks given by:
ghornett (06-08-2019), Porco Azzurro (07-10-2019), zenpai (06-08-2019)
Old 06-08-2019, 12:23 PM   #3649
takkun takkun is offline
Member
 
Mar 2010
497
3
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroK View Post
I'll be in Tokyo for 4 days in August and I'm planning to go to the Ghibli Museum while I'm there. Ticketing process seems a little confusing but as far as I know, I'm suppose to try to reserve them on the 10th of July (Japan Time) in order to visit the museum in the month of August. If that doesn't work out then my back up plan is to find a Donguri for some goodies.
Be very patient with the system as it will be overloaded as soon as itís 10am Japan time and reserving tickets may take up to 1/2 hour. You may need to keep your plans open as weekends and the first slot tickets of the day usually sell out first but it shouldnít be impossible (Iíve done reservations five times and much cheaper than JTB).

As for the Donguri shops, there are quite a few. Tokyo Station and Ikebukuro are easiest to find, while Skytree has a few limited edition items (like the Totoro finger puppets) and Odaiba has the bonus of seeing the life-sized Gundam as wel.
  Reply With Quote
Thanks given by:
AeroK (06-11-2019)
Old 06-08-2019, 08:55 PM   #3650
zenpai zenpai is offline
Senior Member
 
zenpai's Avatar
 
Feb 2015
Utah
1
397
243
580
18
125
Default

So I recently got my hands on a legitimate (more like legitimately hard to find) pre-owned The Collected Works of Hayao Miyazaki BD and by some miracle it happened to still have a DMR code in there. The amount of points you get from this set is insane; Iíve never seen any release give more than 250 points, and this one jumps straight to 800! The image for the set would not come up on my phone though, which is a first.



I took out the bonus features disc and book, then turned around and re-sold the set the same day that I got it.
  Reply With Quote
Thanks given by:
AeroK (06-11-2019), gwfb5 (06-09-2019)
Old 06-24-2019, 06:09 AM   #3651
Jacob The Great Jacob The Great is offline
Member
 
Apr 2010
-
12
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by zenpai View Post
So I recently got my hands on a legitimate (more like legitimately hard to find) pre-owned The Collected Works of Hayao Miyazaki BD and by some miracle it happened to still have a DMR code in there. The amount of points you get from this set is insane; Iíve never seen any release give more than 250 points, and this one jumps straight to 800! The image for the set would not come up on my phone though, which is a first.



I took out the bonus features disc and book, then turned around and re-sold the set the same day that I got it.
Not even the MCU box sets (the Tesseract and the Orb)?
They're outright massive and they contain tons of goodies.
  Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2019, 06:19 AM   #3652
gwfb5 gwfb5 is offline
Blu-ray Guru
 
gwfb5's Avatar
 
Feb 2013
New Brunswick, Canada
2
376
72
97
112
4
13
Default

Does anyone have an HD version of this screenshot without the site logo?
[Show spoiler]


Update: Porco Azzurro was kind enough to send me a clean HD version of the screenshot. Thanks again.

Last edited by gwfb5; 07-11-2019 at 03:08 AM.
  Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2019, 02:27 AM   #3653
AeroK AeroK is offline
Blu-ray Samurai
 
AeroK's Avatar
 
Dec 2009
DFW TX
21
967
136
1
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by takkun View Post
Be very patient with the system as it will be overloaded as soon as itís 10am Japan time and reserving tickets may take up to 1/2 hour. You may need to keep your plans open as weekends and the first slot tickets of the day usually sell out first but it shouldnít be impossible (Iíve done reservations five times and much cheaper than JTB).

As for the Donguri shops, there are quite a few. Tokyo Station and Ikebukuro are easiest to find, while Skytree has a few limited edition items (like the Totoro finger puppets) and Odaiba has the bonus of seeing the life-sized Gundam as wel.
Thanks for the help! I was able to get a weekend spot before lunch. Took approximately 40 minutes for me to get to checkout with little time to spare, I just checked it again about 15 minutes later and the day I got is now sold out. I had my phone and tablet refreshing until I got a pair.
  Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2019, 05:23 PM   #3654
Porco Azzurro Porco Azzurro is offline
Blu-ray Guru
 
Porco Azzurro's Avatar
 
Jul 2009
UK
62
2093
Default

Not long now until the Ghibli Shorts BD is released (17th July)... Can't wait to finally have On Your Mark on BD!
  Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2019, 05:47 PM   #3655
Barbossa Barbossa is offline
Expert Member
 
Barbossa's Avatar
 
Jan 2011
Default

I wonder if Mei and the Kittenbus will ever get a Blu-ray release?
  Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2019, 11:43 PM   #3656
cairyta cairyta is offline
Junior Member
 
Jun 2019
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricJ View Post
Haven't heard that, but the ones we're already getting in March are new DVD releases of the existing catalog--
(And with new Disk 2 extras, not simply wasting the entire second disk on the complete storyboards....Better covers, though.)
Let's have a thread dedicated to discussing the Blu-ray releases of the Studio Ghibli Collection library.

I was thinking that this thread is primarily focused on the US releases provided by Disney
  Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2019, 11:59 PM   #3657
SeaFox SeaFox is offline
Blu-ray Samurai
 
SeaFox's Avatar
 
Jul 2012
Midwest, U.S.
187
62
6
5
3
Default

This thread is simply titled "Studio Ghibli". There's no distributor-focus in it. If there are a lot of Disney posts it's because Disney was the distributor for the movies for so long.

Your post is like complaining a Jurassic Park thread is too Universal Studios focused.
  Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 12:35 AM   #3658
zenpai zenpai is offline
Senior Member
 
zenpai's Avatar
 
Feb 2015
Utah
1
397
243
580
18
125
Default

That was just a new forum member quoting almost the entirety of the OP post of this thread. Ignored!
  Reply With Quote
Thanks given by:
SeaFox (Yesterday)
Old Yesterday, 12:38 AM   #3659
InuYashaCrusade InuYashaCrusade is offline
Blu-ray Champion
 
InuYashaCrusade's Avatar
 
Jun 2013
16
114
40
15
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by zenpai View Post
That was just a new forum member quoting almost the entirety of the OP post of this thread. Ignored!
Probably one of those spam bots
  Reply With Quote
Thanks given by:
zenpai (Yesterday)
Reply
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Anime

Similar Threads
thread Forum Thread Starter Replies Last Post
Top 10 Studio Ghibli Films Movies ParadoxLC 60 11-25-2016 06:09 AM
Studio Ghibli films Wish Lists ParadoxLC 10 10-23-2010 04:40 PM
Studio Ghibli HD screenshots Asia Germtop 7 07-26-2009 05:31 PM
Studio Ghibli on Blu-ray? Blu-ray Movies - North America xberserker 24 07-26-2007 03:33 PM
Studio Ghibli Anime landu13 9 12-14-2006 01:55 AM


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 08:43 AM.