Best 3D Blu-ray Deals

Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »

Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Japan
Harry Potter Hogwarts Collection (Blu-ray)
$97.23

Alita: Battle Angel 4K + 3D (Blu-ray)
$29.96

Aquaman 3D (Blu-ray)
$32.69

Pokťmon: Detective Pikachu 3D (Blu-ray)
$29.99

Men in Black 3 3D (Blu-ray)
$9.22
4 hrs ago
Blade Runner 2049 3D (Blu-ray)
$19.99

The Amityville Horror Trilogy (Blu-ray)
$29.99

The Stewardesses 3D (Blu-ray)
$17.99

Dolphin Tale 3D (Blu-ray)
$16.61

Thor: The Dark World 3D (Blu-ray)
$20.14

Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice 3D (Blu-ray)
$17.97

The Good Dinosaur 3D (Blu-ray)
$19.04

What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > 3D > 3D Hardware and Technology

Old 06-01-2019, 03:53 PM   #181
Expert Member

Oct 2017
Beach in North Carolina
Default No more new 3d tv's available.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLMN View Post
There’s no debate, at this point it’s the Z9D or nothing and very very soon the nothing will be the only thing standing.
Can't find any new z9d's anymore. Looks like may be the final curtain call for 3d tvs unless you can personally and locally look at the 3d filter, etc before purchase

I am so glad to hear so many of you on this forum have spares and/or use projectors. I know I sleep a lot better at night. But I feel very bad for the people who will never even know that 3d is/was around. I feel many will just give up when they realize they will need to get a projector, set it up in a specific area, etc. and many more won't even know it exists due to the crazy US policies of the studios and retailers.

I am very glad though that the projector industry has not given up on us. A kudos to them. If you want 3D bad enough you can still get it.
Old 06-01-2019, 11:11 PM   #182

Nov 2010
Canada 3d forever

Love my UST Projector. Perhaps , in the future, they will be more plentiful
and cheaper. Great {only} alternative to a 3D TV. Long throw or short
throw, it's a winning alternative, compared to going without !
Thanks given by:
wildbill722 (06-02-2019)
Old 06-02-2019, 12:34 AM   #183

Feb 2016

The only thing I can watch 3D on is my projector that I bought years ago and it wasn't the most expensive one, just hope nothing happens to it..
Thanks given by:
wildbill722 (06-02-2019)
Old 06-07-2019, 04:14 AM   #184

Jan 2016
Default Please recommend a TV

Before moving I would watch my 3D blu ray movies on a projection system. The place that I am in now, it's not really practicle to install my projection system. Are there any new TV's... say around 65 inch or up that support 3D. What should I be looking for? I browsed Amazon and it seems to be desolate. No new TV's support 3d of any kind. I had no idea that 3D blu-ray was just not supported anymore.

Regards,
Adam
Old 06-07-2019, 09:50 AM   #185
Blu-ray Samurai

Sep 2013
UK

All the big panel manufacturers have dropped it, so everyone has had to apart from projection tech.

2nd hand is the only way to go.
Old 06-07-2019, 05:31 PM   #186

Jul 2012
The UnderVerse

It really depends on your living situation and how much do you want 3-D.
I live alone in a tiny 450 sq ft apartment and I have two Epson 3-D projectors.
I found a way to make 3-D work and it's awesome.
Old 06-08-2019, 06:29 AM   #187

May 2019

If you are willing to go up to 78", there's a few UN78JS9500 still in stock on Amazon.

It has really great 3D and supports HDR and 3D at 4K resolution by using side-by-side mode. It's great for playing video games on; you can render most PC games in 3D as well as the consoles. Citra for example has built-in support for 4K SBS 3D output so you can play the entire Nintendo 3DS library in 4K on the big screen with this TV.
Old 06-08-2019, 10:54 AM   #188
Blu-ray Prince

Apr 2011
England

If you have the funds, in addition to a second hand tv you could buy a brand new PSVR headset. If you are not a gamer, it’s a big ask but even then, you can get a PS4 and a VR headset for less than £500.

Advantages

Perfect for small home or flat.
Pop outs look amazing because the display is so close to your eyes.
Works best with headphones for a private viewing session.
Should be around for a long time because Sony will support them on new console due next year.
Possibility of improved resolution via software update in future (imo)

Disadvantages
Due to nature of display, Blu-ray 3D will look slightly grainier and ‘blown up’ (slightly fuzzy picture but still HD)
Private use only, not suited to family film night.
Might need couple of minutes break half way through film, especially in warm weather.

By the way, I’m not suggesting this replaces a projector OR OLED screen, however it is a fine substitute for those that have the money and worry about their long term 3D watching prospects.

Please note, although the PS5 will almost certainly play Blurays, it hasn’t been 100% confirmed yet, so it might be best to wait a few months to be sure.

Last edited by Steedeel; 06-08-2019 at 11:01 AM.
Old 06-08-2019, 01:42 PM   #189

Jul 2017
Default Retired Flyer

Quote:
Originally Posted by No 3D, No Buy View Post
If you are willing to go up to 78", there's a few UN78JS9500 still in stock on Amazon.

It has really great 3D and supports HDR and 3D at 4K resolution by using side-by-side mode. It's great for playing video games on; you can render most PC games in 3D as well as the consoles. Citra for example has built-in support for 4K SBS 3D output so you can play the entire Nintendo 3DS library in 4K on the big screen with this TV.
UN78JS9500 Samsung on Amazon is NOT 3d compatible according to the site.

"Does it have 3D ability?
Answer:
sorry no
By gary horwitz on May 30, 2016 "

Last edited by Retired Flyer; 06-08-2019 at 01:47 PM.
Old 06-08-2019, 08:32 PM   #190

May 2019

Quote:
Originally Posted by Retired Flyer View Post
UN78JS9500 Samsung on Amazon is NOT 3d compatible according to the site.

"Does it have 3D ability?
Answer:
sorry no
By gary horwitz on May 30, 2016 "
That person is wrong.

There's a reason why this set still sells for so much and all the newer Samsung sets have dropped like a rock in price.

2016 models is when Samsung dropped 3D support and the quality of their TV sets took a nosedive. The 2015 series is gold; almost the perfect TV.
Old 06-09-2019, 05:32 AM   #191

Nov 2014

I moved a few years ago and left my 3D set at my sisterís house, figured Iíd just buy something new at the other location. When I got there the only 3D set I could find was the floor model and it was in awful condition so I gave up and bought something else.

If youíre willing to drop to 40Ē Iíll sell you my Sony KDL-40EX720

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steedeel View Post
If you have the funds, in addition to a second hand tv you could buy a brand new PSVR headset.
This is what I use now. I sometimes wonder if I wouldíve been better off w/ Oculus or Vibe (I think they are less selective about the content source) but I wanted a PS4 anyway so I just went for it. Itís pretty great.
Thanks given by:
Steedeel (06-09-2019)
Old 06-09-2019, 12:31 PM   #192
Blu-ray Prince

Apr 2011
England

Quote:
Originally Posted by heyadol View Post
I moved a few years ago and left my 3D set at my sisterís house, figured Iíd just buy something new at the other location. When I got there the only 3D set I could find was the floor model and it was in awful condition so I gave up and bought something else.

If youíre willing to drop to 40Ē Iíll sell you my Sony KDL-40EX720

This is what I use now. I sometimes wonder if I wouldíve been better off w/ Oculus or Vibe (I think they are less selective about the content source) but I wanted a PS4 anyway so I just went for it. Itís pretty great.
Itís a fine substitute. Hopefully it will receive a patch for better resolution when the PS5 hits. The pop outs are my favourite thing about the 3D playback. I tried the opening credits of Jaws 3D and the letters were sitting on my nose lol.
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > 3D > 3D Hardware and Technology