Best Anime Deals

Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Now: Jack Ryan 5-Movie Collection (… $14.49 (60 mins left)

Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Japan
Gatchaman (Blu-ray)
$65.99

A Silent Voice (Blu-ray)
$19.99

The Big O: Complete Collection (Blu-ray)
$52.99

Sorcerer Hunters: The Complete TV Series and OVA (Blu-ray)
$31.82

Wolf Children (Blu-ray)
$14.63

Sailor Moon S: The Movie (Blu-ray)
$14.86

Elfen Lied: Complete Collection Plus OVA (Blu-ray)
$66.29

Kimagure Orange Road: The Complete OVA Series & Movie (Blu-ray)
$38.19

FLCL: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$19.99

The Case of Hana & Alice (Blu-ray)
$21.99

Steins;Gate 0 - Part Two (Blu-ray)
$34.99

High School DxD: Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$31.49

What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Anime

Old 06-19-2019, 09:55 PM   #181

Aug 2018
Canada, Ontario

Quote:
Originally Posted by InuYashaCrusade View Post
I'm going to hold onto my DVDs until I have all 7 Blu-ray sets in hand. I don't trust Viz enough to sell my complete set right away. Like you, I may keep my copies due to certain openings and endings being swapped.
Same here.

Also, the DVD box sets have there own charm
Old 06-20-2019, 02:41 AM   #182
Blu-ray Champion

Jun 2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by El3mental View Post
take

with a grain of salt. The first few seasons are great....and then it becomes endless Naraku spam. I loved the series on AS back in the day but struggled through the last 100+ episodes because the amount of god-moding for Naraku was unbearable and insane. Drunk Sango did make some of it worthwhile however.
I can understand that. I greatly enjoy the first 4 seasons, filler and all. The fillers in InuYasha are what made me fall in love with the characters. Fillers give characters time to shine and an opportunity to get to know them better. I especially enjoy the episodes where InuYasha and Kagome get to spend time in the modern era, some of which we may not have had without fillers. These are definite fan favorite episodes too. The first 54 episodes are the best of the best imo.

If you think the anime is bad, read the manga. I finally finished the manga earlier in the year and was kind of disappointed by it. The animation adds so much to the series that the manga didn't have. There was a huge lack of backgrounds, not much detail, every panel of InuYasha looked the same when performing a technique with Tessaiga, etc. The manga felt so episodic. Every chapter began with the same shot of Kagome riding on InuYasha with Miroku, Sango, Shippo and Kirara following behind. The anime isn't much better in this regard but it never stuck out to me like this.

Massive respect and appreciation for Rumiko Takahashi but when I look at a series like Urusei Yatsura and compare it to the later volumes of InuYasha, I can't help but feel disappointed. Urusei Yatsura is extremely detailed and has a great art style. InuYasha..eh, not so much. The anime shines in a big way over the manga.
Old 06-20-2019, 02:43 AM   #183
Blu-ray Champion

Jun 2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nostalgic Twilight View Post
I didnít care for the Band of Seven either. Something about them just got on my nerves.
I've never met another person who feels the same regarding the Band of Seven arc. I didn't care for it while it was airing and when buying the single volumes but I feel like it aged well. Everyone says the Band of Seven arc is their absolute favorite arc.
Old 06-20-2019, 04:41 AM   #184
Power Member

Dec 2015

Quote:
I didnít care for the Band of Seven either. Something about them just got on my nerves.
Same the band of seven arc was around where the story really went down hill.
Old 06-20-2019, 08:37 PM   #185

Jun 2017

Quote:
I can understand that. I greatly enjoy the first 4 seasons, filler and all. The fillers in InuYasha are what made me fall in love with the characters. Fillers give characters time to shine and an opportunity to get to know them better. I especially enjoy the episodes where InuYasha and Kagome get to spend time in the modern era, some of which we may not have had without fillers. These are definite fan favorite episodes too. The first 54 episodes are the best of the best imo.

If you think the anime is bad, read the manga. I finally finished the manga earlier in the year and was kind of disappointed by it. The animation adds so much to the series that the manga didn't have. There was a huge lack of backgrounds, not much detail, every panel of InuYasha looked the same when performing a technique with Tessaiga, etc. The manga felt so episodic. Every chapter began with the same shot of Kagome riding on InuYasha with Miroku, Sango, Shippo and Kirara following behind. The anime isn't much better in this regard but it never stuck out to me like this.

Massive respect and appreciation for Rumiko Takahashi but when I look at a series like Urusei Yatsura and compare it to the later volumes of InuYasha, I can't help but feel disappointed. Urusei Yatsura is extremely detailed and has a great art style. InuYasha..eh, not so much. The anime shines in a big way over the manga.
I liked the fillers too, anything where they tried to actually progress the character relationships. Not that the early demon combat was bad, but as I said, it became Naraku, Naraku, Naraku the further you got into the series. Should've just killed him off and came up with a new boss, like the movies did. There's really not much that can be said for a character who constantly berates you as being weak, pathetic, etc. whilst running away from you every time you find him. And I don't even want to get started on the teleportation or the baby. It's like "please just die already...."

And you're preaching to the choir on the manga, I bought the first 20-some volumes and was reading as they got released before I quit it. After AS kept repeating episodes I figured that surely the series was nearly half way over or something, checked out a synopsis and found out the series doesn't even end after all those episodes. My disappointment was immeasurable; "dropped" doesn't even begin to cover it.

Quote:
Yeah well y'know Ginkotsu being like half metal in a time period where doing that sort of thing would've been impossible pushed it. The rockets were just too much. And him not being dead from the Wind Scar really pissed me off. I know we scaled back after Sesshoumaru leveled that mountain the first time, but the whole thing was absurd. Also Bankotsu getting two boosts for....1000(?) kills each of both man and demon (unless I'm mis-remembering that, those last episode were all a blur of frustration for me) was just another asspull.
Thanks given by:
InuYashaCrusade (06-20-2019)
Old 06-20-2019, 11:10 PM   #186

Dec 2016

I like naraku as a villain. I wasn't a big fan of the episodes that didn't feature him. I wish we got some more episodes featuring him preparing, or doing his plotting instead of just seeing the results of his plans.
Old 06-21-2019, 01:41 AM   #187
Blu-ray Guru

Jan 2015
USA

Yeah, I liked Naraku as well. I even felt a little sorry for him at the end of TFA.
Old 07-03-2019, 04:11 PM   #188
Blu-ray Champion

Jun 2013

Viz is running a free sample and discount of InuYasha now through 7/9. Coincidence that this coincides with Anime Expo? I think not.

They had posted the same tweet earlier with the Y in InuYasha captialized but deleted it and reposted as "Inuyasha". Viz themselves have not capped the Y since the early 2000's, so I found this interesting. Throwback to when they used to spell it "Inu-Yasha".
Thanks given by:
Jameron4eva (07-04-2019)
Old 07-04-2019, 01:46 AM   #189

Feb 2017

Quote:
Viz is running a free sample and discount of InuYasha now through 7/9. Coincidence that this coincides with Anime Expo? I think not.

They had posted the same tweet earlier with the Y in InuYasha captialized but deleted it and reposted as "Inuyasha". Viz themselves have not capped the Y since the early 2000's, so I found this interesting. Throwback to when they used to spell it "Inu-Yasha".
I got immediatly.
Old 07-06-2019, 05:59 PM   #190
Expert Member

May 2016

I checked out that sampler and really liked it. The series has a cool setup and I'm glad it goes back and forth between the two time periods instead of her just being stuck in the past. I'll definitely get into this series. I'll probably start with the movies and then get around the tv series as it comes out blu ray.
Old 07-06-2019, 07:00 PM   #191

Feb 2015
Utah

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bolo Seagull View Post
I'll probably start with the movies and then get around the tv series as it comes out blu ray.
DO NOT start with the movies!! They follow the ending of the TV series! Even if you have to wait, please watch the series first!
Thanks given by:
Bolo Seagull (07-06-2019), eternalbiz (07-06-2019), InuYashaCrusade (07-06-2019)
Old 07-06-2019, 08:37 PM   #192

Jun 2017

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bolo Seagull View Post
I'm glad it goes back and forth between the two time periods instead of her just being stuck in the past.
They don't switch back and forth all that often, and later in the series, the jumps to the present are all filler episodes, just fyi
Old 07-18-2019, 04:49 PM   #193
Blu-ray Champion

Jun 2013

Viz is handing out these cool fans at SDCC. The back side still says "Available on Blu-ray this fall" with no release date given sadly.

Thanks given by:
BoscoTheMan82 (07-18-2019), El3mental (07-20-2019), professorwho (07-18-2019), Yuukaa_Sa (07-20-2019), zenpai (07-18-2019)
Old 07-20-2019, 05:07 AM   #194

Aug 2018
Canada, Ontario

Give that to me! You don't deserve it Inuyasha!....

Man I should of joined this forum as "Miroku"....would of been fun using the wind tunnel on you
Thanks given by:
El3mental (07-20-2019)
Old 07-20-2019, 05:27 AM   #195
Blu-ray Baron

Jun 2007
California

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yuukaa_Sa View Post
Give that to me! You don't deserve it Inuyasha!....

Man I should of joined this forum as "Miroku"....would of been fun using the wind tunnel on you
Or Kagura
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Anime