Best Xbox One Game Deals

Best Xbox One Game Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Japan
Rage 2 (Xbox One)
$39.99
 
Lego Marvel Collection (Xbox One)
$19.99
 
Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Breakpoint (Xbox One)
$49.94
 
Anthem (Xbox One)
$14.99
 
Kingdom Hearts III (Xbox One)
$19.99
 
Lego DC Supervillains (Xbox One)
$19.99
 
Watch Dogs: Legion (Xbox One)
$49.94
 
Dangerous Driving (Xbox One)
$19.99
 
Warhammer: Chaosbane (Xbox One)
$29.99
 
Anthem (Xbox One)
$14.99
 
Ace Combat 7: Skies Unknown (Xbox One)
$29.99
 
Fallout 76 (Xbox One)
$17.00
 
What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out


Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Gaming > Xbox > Xbox One


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-19-2019, 01:09 AM   #201
wildhoney66 wildhoney66 is offline
Expert Member
 
wildhoney66's Avatar
 
Jul 2010
Shangri-La
7
123
262
Default

i paid it and it cancelled my gold now what?
  Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2019, 01:12 AM   #202
wildhoney66 wildhoney66 is offline
Expert Member
 
wildhoney66's Avatar
 
Jul 2010
Shangri-La
7
123
262
Default

i got it thanks you so much it is really hard to get some help on here cause posts aren't always everyday. it now expires next July which is okay cause it was just a month later, now i spent way to much money in the past week so my $20 bucks i have left and it gave me games i've never heard of it well crackdown 3 a series i've never played. saw all the promotion and talk about it for the past year or two.

and most hated it it's one of those games that's a you love it or you hate it kind of thing i think

Last edited by wildhoney66; 06-19-2019 at 01:25 AM.
  Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2019, 02:15 AM   #203
Kinsella5 Kinsella5 is offline
Blu-ray Ninja
 
Kinsella5's Avatar
 
Feb 2008
Arkham Asylum
4
108
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildhoney66 View Post
i paid it and it cancelled my gold now what?
No it doesn't cancel your subscription now, what you have on is what you have, it just disables the automatic renewal when the subscription ends. You have control of how you wish to renew now when the time comes.
  Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2019, 02:17 AM   #204
Kinsella5 Kinsella5 is offline
Blu-ray Ninja
 
Kinsella5's Avatar
 
Feb 2008
Arkham Asylum
4
108
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildhoney66 View Post
i got it thanks you so much it is really hard to get some help on here cause posts aren't always everyday. it now expires next July which is okay cause it was just a month later, now i spent way to much money in the past week so my $20 bucks i have left and it gave me games i've never heard of it well crackdown 3 a series i've never played. saw all the promotion and talk about it for the past year or two.

and most hated it it's one of those games that's a you love it or you hate it kind of thing i think
Game Pass includes day one access to Microsoft titles like Gears 5, Sea of Thieves, Crackdown 3, upcoming Forza title, etc. So no need to purchase them since you have Game Pass now plus access to a bunch of older titles too.
  Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2019, 02:59 AM   #205
wildhoney66 wildhoney66 is offline
Expert Member
 
wildhoney66's Avatar
 
Jul 2010
Shangri-La
7
123
262
Default

well i like physical games but i can try them out though and i actually did forget about that. i'm a 3rd person single player kind of guy, outside of war games which really aren't my thing

i'm a picky gamer actually, i'm not really into the Forza series they to me are really all the same game just with better graphics with each game and better controls and shit. any good ones you suggest?
  Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2019, 05:57 AM   #206
Kinsella5 Kinsella5 is offline
Blu-ray Ninja
 
Kinsella5's Avatar
 
Feb 2008
Arkham Asylum
4
108
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildhoney66 View Post
well i like physical games but i can try them out though and i actually did forget about that. i'm a 3rd person single player kind of guy, outside of war games which really aren't my thing

i'm a picky gamer actually, i'm not really into the Forza series they to me are really all the same game just with better graphics with each game and better controls and shit. any good ones you suggest?
I am not a fan of digital games that much but in some cases exceptions have to made, such as with PubG, but when Sea of Thieves came out and Battlefield 5 I went physical disc all the way. Game Pass really didn't interest me but when the promotion was announced I figured I had nothing to lose since I was renewing anyways and it would then be free for a few years for me.

If you are a third person fan, I highly recommend a game called Alan Wake. It is like The X-Files meets Twin Peaks, beautiful graphics, cool story, quite scary too and a great representation of here in the Pacific Northwest. The game came out the same day the original Red Dead Redemption came out so Alan Wake kind of got overlooked. But I really enjoyed Alan Wake, creepy game, eerie and fun.

They actually did a live action short series released as brief episodes that was a prequel to the game and was called Bright Falls. It was done quite well and then that led into the actual game. They released them in a series but you can watch the entire Bright Falls episodes here:


If you like what you watch, you will enjoy Alan Wake, it was made by the same company that made Quantum Break which I didn't care much for but Alan Wake was a great game. They did release some DLC for it which added to the story, and if cheap, its worth it, and then put out Alan Wake: An American Nightmare, which was ok, short and very repetitive which you can probably skip over. Apparently an Alan Wake 2 is in development and has been for a few years, hopefully it gets released.

Not sure if Alan Wake is on Game Pass but sometimes I see it for around $5 being offered on XBOX Live Marketplace.

The Arkham Knight Batman games if you are a Batman fan are a lot of fun too.
  Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2019, 06:26 AM   #207
wildhoney66 wildhoney66 is offline
Expert Member
 
wildhoney66's Avatar
 
Jul 2010
Shangri-La
7
123
262
Default

well i do have Alan wake in fact i just haven't played much of it, i also do have Quantum Break and of what i've played with it's a lot of fun but i'm nowhere near beating it at the moment. i dunno horror games aren't really my thing, i dunno why i don't hate them i'm just bad at them and as for batman. shit i have all the Arkham games already, i download crackdown 3 i thought it's free why not? if it's a piece of shit i'll get rid of it ya know?

why not?
  Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2019, 05:07 PM   #208
NeMo_ET NeMo_ET is offline
Blu-ray Guru
 
NeMo_ET's Avatar
 
Jan 2013
Canada
34
1371
94
Default

I signed up for that $1 promo and with all the games that are available, what did I download? Epic Mickey 2. Felt like I needed a departure from the typical games I play and bring it back to some good, old school fun.
  Reply With Quote
Thanks given by:
WKoA13 (06-19-2019)
Old 06-19-2019, 07:06 PM   #209
WKoA13 WKoA13 is online now
Senior Member
 
Feb 2018
15
Default

My Gold had expired back in May. I wasn't going to re-new yet because I'm moving temporarily in July, until moving again in the Fall, AND, I was hoping that E3 would bring some sort of sweet discounts on Gold subs (the previous E3, I got 18 months of GamePass for less than the price of a year).

Well, they announced Ultimate Game Pass, no real deals on standard Gold (though hoping just like Gold, one day they introduce the option to pay annually for a cheaper price).

And then I saw all of the articles about the $1 promo price also upgrading the remainder of your current subscription for no additional charge.

Ordered a 24 month code from Costco for 99. Extended my Gold to June 19 of 2021, and then got the promo.

Apparently, that extension isn't just for remaining Gold. It also brings in however many months left you had on a standard Game Pass sub. After I applied the Ultimate promo, I'm now seeing that my next charge to my account for 14.99 will be on January 22, 2022.

So that's cool.
  Reply With Quote
Thanks given by:
NeMo_ET (06-19-2019)
Old 06-19-2019, 07:19 PM   #210
wildhoney66 wildhoney66 is offline
Expert Member
 
wildhoney66's Avatar
 
Jul 2010
Shangri-La
7
123
262
Default

sweet man, that mickey game is i think a pretty solid game i have that for my PS3 in fact and i love the game, for me i'm a bigger fan of the 2nd one though it was a flop when it came out and it's really a shame cause it's i think a good game.

i have the 1st one for The wii. and they were going to do 3 of them but since the 2nd one flopped.... anyways on game pass i downloaded crackdown 3 and i was playing that and since it's free well a buck anyways, lol it's an okay game a bit medicore but it's not the worst game i've ever played i've already beat the 1st boss in fact. i have not played any of the others yet though
  Reply With Quote
Thanks given by:
NeMo_ET (06-19-2019)
Old 06-19-2019, 07:46 PM   #211
WKoA13 WKoA13 is online now
Senior Member
 
Feb 2018
15
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildhoney66 View Post
sweet man, that mickey game is i think a pretty solid game i have that for my PS3 in fact and i love the game, for me i'm a bigger fan of the 2nd one though it was a flop when it came out and it's really a shame cause it's i think a good game.

i have the 1st one for The wii. and they were going to do 3 of them but since the 2nd one flopped.... anyways on game pass i downloaded crackdown 3 and i was playing that and since it's free well a buck anyways, lol it's an okay game a bit medicore but it's not the worst game i've ever played i've already beat the 1st boss in fact. i have not played any of the others yet though
Crackdown 1 was fantastic. Not the most amazing game ever (the "story" is short/thin) but, ridiculous fun, and shockingly addicting with the orb hunts etc. Even when you eliminate all the gang lords, there is still plenty of fun to be had searching for more orbs, leaping around the town, and just causing chaos in general.

Crackdown 2 was...not good. It was essentially a re-skin of 1. 3, I haven't played yet. I hear it's better than 2, but doesn't reach the surprising heights that 1 did.
  Reply With Quote
Thanks given by:
Kinsella5 (06-19-2019)
Old 06-19-2019, 08:24 PM   #212
Kinsella5 Kinsella5 is offline
Blu-ray Ninja
 
Kinsella5's Avatar
 
Feb 2008
Arkham Asylum
4
108
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by WKoA13 View Post
Crackdown 1 was fantastic. Not the most amazing game ever (the "story" is short/thin) but, ridiculous fun, and shockingly addicting with the orb hunts etc. Even when you eliminate all the gang lords, there is still plenty of fun to be had searching for more orbs, leaping around the town, and just causing chaos in general.

Crackdown 2 was...not good. It was essentially a re-skin of 1. 3, I haven't played yet. I hear it's better than 2, but doesn't reach the surprising heights that 1 did.
I agree the first Crackdown was a lot of fun, originally finding the orbs was virtually impossible and then they put out an update so the orbs would hum as you got close. It was a fun game to blow stuff up, Crackdown 2 was as stated, basically trying to be the first game all over again. I didn't waste my time with the third game. Kind of surprised they even wasted their time doing a third game, not sure the gaming market was screaming for a third crackdown.

I'd much rather see Alan Wake 2, after reading a bit more last night, sounds like Microsoft wasn't really interested at the time, but perhaps that has changed. Remedy owns the rights to the game, and I think on the next gen consoles a sequel game would look amazing, but the first game looked great back on the 360. The reason why the game didn't take off was because Red Dead Redemption stole much of the spotlight since they released on the same day.
  Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2019, 08:32 PM   #213
WKoA13 WKoA13 is online now
Senior Member
 
Feb 2018
15
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kinsella5 View Post
I agree the first Crackdown was a lot of fun, originally finding the orbs was virtually impossible and then they put out an update so the orbs would hum as you got close. It was a fun game to blow stuff up, Crackdown 2 was as stated, basically trying to be the first game all over again. I didn't waste my time with the third game. Kind of surprised they even wasted their time doing a third game, not sure the gaming market was screaming for a third crackdown.

I'd much rather see Alan Wake 2, after reading a bit more last night, sounds like Microsoft wasn't really interested at the time, but perhaps that has changed. Remedy owns the rights to the game, and I think on the next gen consoles a sequel game would look amazing, but the first game looked great back on the 360. The reason why the game didn't take off was because Red Dead Redemption stole much of the spotlight since they released on the same day.
The original was so fun/fantastic, that I think a 3rd game would have been well received if it had been done properly. From what I hear, it's just "meh". Not sure as to the how/why (other than knowing it had MANY delays)...but, a GOOD Crackdown 3 (or even a remake of 1, with some new features/deeper story, maybe an reason to bother upgrading the driving skill) would have definitely been embraced.

I would also definitely love an Alan Wake sequel. I actually got a little excited during E3 thinking we might be getting a sequel (or at least new game in the same universe), but it turned out to be The Blair Witch game (still excited for it). Too bad that developer has said they currently have no interest in a new Wake game, based on several gaming podcasts I've listened to.

Speaking of Red Dead....one of these days I'll get back to 2. I hear it gets better after the first 15 or so hours, but...got it release day. Played when I could for a couple weeks but, man, I wanted something as brilliantly written and in-depth, BUT also still as accessible and fun as the first Redemption.

When I only have 3 or so hours to play maybe twice a week, spending that fixing fences and shoveling horse crap in a game isn't appealing. I want a game, not a second, virtual job. (though I am ok with the virtual job mini games in the Shenmue series....go figure)

Last edited by WKoA13; 06-19-2019 at 08:40 PM.
  Reply With Quote
Thanks given by:
NeMo_ET (06-20-2019)
Old 06-19-2019, 08:57 PM   #214
Kinsella5 Kinsella5 is offline
Blu-ray Ninja
 
Kinsella5's Avatar
 
Feb 2008
Arkham Asylum
4
108
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by WKoA13 View Post
The original was so fun/fantastic, that I think a 3rd game would have been well received if it had been done properly. From what I hear, it's just "meh". Not sure as to the how/why (other than knowing it had MANY delays)...but, a GOOD Crackdown 3 (or even a remake of 1, with some new features/deeper story, maybe an reason to bother upgrading the driving skill) would have definitely been embraced.

I would also definitely love an Alan Wake sequel. I actually got a little excited during E3 thinking we might be getting a sequel (or at least new game in the same universe), but it turned out to be The Blair Witch game (still excited for it). Too bad that developer has said they currently have no interest in a new Wake game, based on several gaming podcasts I've listened to.

Speaking of Red Dead....one of these days I'll get back to 2. I hear it gets better after the first 15 or so hours, but...got it release day. Played when I could for a couple weeks but, man, I wanted something as brilliantly written and in-depth, BUT also still as accessible and fun as the first Redemption.

When I only have 3 or so hours to play maybe twice a week, spending that fixing fences and shoveling horse crap in a game isn't appealing. I want a game, not a second, virtual job. (though I am ok with the virtual job mini games in the Shenmue series....go figure)
Honestly I have not even started Red Dead 2. I loved the first one but I am behind in my gaming and my free time is limited right now and when I do play its generally PubG or BF5 with a few friends. I haven't even started Fallout 4. I did the beta for Fallout 76 and found it rather boring but I have always enjoyed the Fallout and Elder Scrolls games but generally find myself starting them years after they have been out.

I remember Shenmue for the Dreamcast I had, I enjoyed it but I actually got bored with it, I generally don't go back and revisit a game once I have played/finished it. But I still play Battlefield 4 as I feel that has been the best in the franchise.

Perhaps we will hear of an Alan Wake 2 in time, the first one was so well done , its just about timing, release the second one not when a huge title like RDR is coming out and they should do well. Blair Witch looks good, even though I didn't care much for the film, but as a game it looks like it may try to fill the Alan Wake void. I will await the reviews.
  Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2019, 10:32 PM   #215
wildhoney66 wildhoney66 is offline
Expert Member
 
wildhoney66's Avatar
 
Jul 2010
Shangri-La
7
123
262
Default

1stly guys i was reading comments on IMDB about crackdown 3 and a review on there said all it is, is just a copy of the 1st game or them trying to copy the 1st game. even the story is similar apparently, i do have red dead 2 for PS4 a friend didn't want it he gave it to me, he bought the bundle or rather i think his mom got it for him.

and so i said i'd take it, i downloaded it, and i played it up until the they get to town and i haven't touched it since, i dunno why it is a fun ass game i just haven't for some strange reason.

and lastly i love going back and beating games more than once if it's a good/great game

now are there games that i've beat that i prolly will never go back to again yes there are.

but there are games i've beaten hundreds of times cause i just love them to death. i never got why some people can only beat a game once but that's me

Last edited by wildhoney66; 06-20-2019 at 02:04 AM.
  Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2019, 12:15 PM   #216
NeMo_ET NeMo_ET is offline
Blu-ray Guru
 
NeMo_ET's Avatar
 
Jan 2013
Canada
34
1371
94
Default

I agree with the above couple statements on Red Dead - Looks fantastic and story has been engaging so far, but you really have to dedicate some serious time to it. Most nights I only play for a couple hours max, and it's really not the game for that. Takes me an hour just to get from one place to another lol!

Any recommendations for the more casual gaming on Game Pass? As I mentioned above, I just signed up again after cancelling it months ago. Came back and downloaded Epic Mickey 2. Downloaded Mortal Kombat because I used to enjoy it on SNES and Genesis back in the day, but got a few fights into X and just didn't like it. Downloaded Metro Exodus last night because the trailer looked promising. Anything else I should check out? I'm open to trying pretty much any type of game.
  Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2019, 12:46 PM   #217
dyne dyne is offline
Blu-ray Champion
 
dyne's Avatar
 
Feb 2011
20
448
7
Default

I tried three times now to get into Red Dead 2 and just can't. Here's a bit of a list off the top of my head. Some probably aren't casual.

If you like classic rpg's like the Legend of Grimrock series, Operencia is bloody brilliant.

What Remains Edith Finch is a relaxing way to spend an afternoon. It's your usual walking simulator but the story is pretty good.

I just started up Vampyr so I can't say too much about it.

Hellblade: Senua's Sacrifice is also very good. There's some combat but it's not the main thrust of the game.

Quantum Break was a competent game let down some by the final battle. It was pretty frustrating for me. I really liked what Remedy was going for though with the split media approach.

I think Super Lucky's Tale is still available. A somewhat unpolished, Euro style charming platformer.

Brother's: A Tale of Two Son's is a relaxing and short game where you control each brother with an analog stick. Takes a bit to get your brain working around it but it's not a fast paced game by any means. Bit of a tear jerker as well.

Rare Replay is still my gold standard for retro compilations. Most will shrug off the earlier UK computer games but there's a ton in the package and there's something for everybody.

Thimbelweed Park is a fantastic point and click adventure developed by Ron Gilbert and Gary Winnick.

Mutant Year Zero: Road to Eden came out of nowhere for me. IF you've played an Xcom game or Raving Rabbids this is in the same vein. Very very well done.
  Reply With Quote
Thanks given by:
NeMo_ET (06-20-2019)
Old 06-20-2019, 07:11 PM   #218
wildhoney66 wildhoney66 is offline
Expert Member
 
wildhoney66's Avatar
 
Jul 2010
Shangri-La
7
123
262
Default

though i'm awful at them there's always the resident evil remakes too. if we were talking Sony than i could name a few lol, but since Xbox really hasn't any exclusives in years, when i say it like that i'm referring to it staying on one console not the console at the PC.

well this one is a year or two old now but there's cuphead too. i do have Super Lucky's tale actually i bought it like the day it came out but i haven't played much of it.

do you like the Lego games? if so there's a few i could name you might like, there's also the south park games if you are a fan of theirs i have both of them for the X.
  Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2019, 03:48 AM   #219
heyadol heyadol is offline
Active Member
 
Nov 2014
2
75
3
35
77
1100
10
Default

Shantae: 1/2 Genie Hero is fun, Headlander is funny, Hexic 2, maybe Giana Sisters. Definitely agree w/ wildhoney66 on the Lego series and Dyne on Rare Replay (plus most of the games in the bundle just got Xbox One Enhanced if you can take advantage of that).

Just how casual are you talking? No judgement here, we all play a variety of games and they fill a variety of needs.
  Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2019, 07:21 PM   #220
wildhoney66 wildhoney66 is offline
Expert Member
 
wildhoney66's Avatar
 
Jul 2010
Shangri-La
7
123
262
Default

Lego games to get, the 3 batman games those are really damn good and fun, the Marvel one i'm going from the top of my head after a long day's work so my apologies if i can't think of titles. the hobbit one is worth it too i think, i've been playing the Lego Force awakens one and it's fun as hell i've got one level to beat and that's the rest of the story.

now i need to do freeplay and there's some i didn't mention of course but that's the only ones top of my head that i can remember.
  Reply With Quote
Thanks given by:
heyadol (06-21-2019)
Reply
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Gaming > Xbox > Xbox One


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 09:41 PM.