Best TV Deals

Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »

Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Japan
Ultraman: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$21.72

Gatchaman (Blu-ray)
$65.99

Doctor Who: Colin Baker: Complete Season Two (Blu-ray)
$45.86

Chernobyl (Blu-ray)
$41.99

Stephen King's The Stand (Blu-ray)
$31.97

Doctor Who: The Complete David Tennant Collection (Blu-ray)
$71.69

Spartacus: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$26.99

Lost in Space: Season One (Blu-ray)
$24.99

The Big O: Complete Collection (Blu-ray)
$52.99

Megabeast Investigator Juspion (Blu-ray)
$35.37

Deadwood: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$36.99

The Walking Dead: The Complete Ninth Season (Blu-ray)
$52.89

What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > TV Shows

Old 02-20-2010, 07:36 PM   #1
Blu-ray Archduke

Oct 2008
Bay Area 510!!!
Talking FXX's "Archer" (Season 8)

Didnt see this show being discusses so i thought i would create a thread for it.. Discuss what you guys think about the show and what your favorite scene is so far.. Airs on FX at 10pm Thursdays...

This show is freakn Hillarious! Funny jokes, some crude humor, very sexual, this show is only for adults...

So far my favorites scene is from the most recent episode, towards the end where hes defusing the bomb in the plane & he goes "M as in Mancy" I probably fell off my sofa laughing... for anyone who saw this episode knows what i'm talking about...

Old 02-20-2010, 09:51 PM   #2
Banned

Oct 2008
Western Washington

Well it's probably getting canceled, so maybe this thread should be in memory of......
Old 02-20-2010, 09:56 PM   #3
Blu-ray Archduke

Oct 2008
Bay Area 510!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by WyldeMan45 View Post
Well it's probably getting canceled, so maybe this thread should be in memory of......
Cancelled? really.. where does it say that? link?
Old 02-20-2010, 10:41 PM   #4
Banned

Oct 2008
Western Washington

Quote:
Originally Posted by NavsterKing View Post
Cancelled? really.. where does it say that? link?
It hasn't been officially canceled yet, but ratings have been horrible. I run the renewal and cancellation threads on this forum, so keep checking back but right now, it's considered a real long shot even by FX ratings standards.

https://forum.blu-ray.com/television...ats-limbo.html
Old 02-20-2010, 11:10 PM   #5
Blu-ray Archduke

Oct 2008
Bay Area 510!!!

Quote:
It hasn't been officially canceled yet, but ratings have been horrible. I run the renewal and cancellation threads on this forum, so keep checking back but right now, it's considered a real long shot even by FX ratings standards.

https://forum.blu-ray.com/television...ats-limbo.html
cool thanks for the info... i'll def check back for updates
Old 02-21-2010, 12:36 AM   #6
Blu-ray Prince

Oct 2007
Metropolis

I hope the show stays on the air. It is a little one-note, but the comedy is pretty quick.
Old 02-22-2010, 10:40 PM   #7
Blu-ray Archduke

Oct 2008
Bay Area 510!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clark Kent View Post
I hope the show stays on the air. It is a little one-note, but the comedy is pretty quick.
+1, totally agree on the quick comedy... Thats what makes this show so funny...

"Daaanger Zoooone"

Anyone else watch this show or is it just us two
Old 02-22-2010, 11:36 PM   #8
Banned

Oct 2008
Western Washington

Quote:
+1, totally agree on the quick comedy... Thats what makes this show so funny...

"Daaanger Zoooone"

Anyone else watch this show or is it just us two
After seeing endless clips during Sons of Anarchy leading up to Archer's premiere I was excited, than I watched the first two episodes, thought it was crap and never tuned back in. And based on ratings, you two are the only ones watching.
Old 02-23-2010, 04:45 PM   #9
Blu-ray Prince

Oct 2007
Metropolis

It just got renewed for a second season by FX! I hope it gets a Blu-ray release, the animation looks better in HD.
Old 02-23-2010, 05:44 PM   #10
Banned

Oct 2008
Western Washington

Quote:
It just got renewed for a second season by FX! I hope it gets a Blu-ray release, the animation looks better in HD.
Where did you see this? Like i said I run the renewal thread so any links would be great. Hey if you fans love it so much I think that's cool, FX doesn't really cancel much but this one seemed doomed from the beginning, but hey the fans have spoken if it was renewed after all.
Old 02-23-2010, 08:39 PM   #11
Blu-ray Prince

Oct 2007
Metropolis

Quote:
Where did you see this? Like i said I run the renewal thread so any links would be great. Hey if you fans love it so much I think that's cool, FX doesn't really cancel much but this one seemed doomed from the beginning, but hey the fans have spoken if it was renewed after all.
Here is the link...

http://www.thrfeed.com/2010/02/fx-re...e+Live+Feed%29
Old 02-23-2010, 10:03 PM   #12
Banned

Oct 2008
Western Washington

Quote:

Lol, how friggin weird, after you told me it got renewed I checked all my tv sources including THR, and couldn't find it anywhere, thank you for that. And I will update my renewal thread.
Old 02-24-2010, 01:28 AM   #13
Blu-ray Archduke

Oct 2008
Bay Area 510!!!

Quote:
Boy were you wrong... lol

Quote:
Lol, how friggin weird, after you told me it got renewed I checked all my tv sources including THR, and couldn't find it anywhere, thank you for that. And I will update my renewal thread.

Glad this show was renewed... Its Hillarious
Old 02-24-2010, 03:26 AM   #14
Banned

Oct 2008
Western Washington

Quote:
Boy were you wrong... lol

Glad this show was renewed... Its Hillarious
Lol, it's not like I was the first one claiming that it was going to die, as I mentioned the ratings where horrible and all my tv news sites had the show good as dead. Just the facts ma'am
Old 02-24-2010, 05:52 PM   #15
Blu-ray Archduke

Oct 2008
Bay Area 510!!!

Quote:
Lol, it's not like I was the first one claiming that it was going to die, as I mentioned the ratings where horrible and all my tv news sites had the show good as dead. Just the facts ma'am
an average of over 1.2 million viewers disagree give the show a chance, its actually quite funny... But since you know a lot about what shows are being cancelled or renewed (besides your Knowledge of Archer) ..

How low do rating have to get for a show to be cancelled
Old 02-24-2010, 11:01 PM   #16
Banned

Oct 2008
Western Washington

Quote:
an average of over 1.2 million viewers disagree give the show a chance, its actually quite funny... But since you know a lot about what shows are being cancelled or renewed (besides your Knowledge of Archer) ..

How low do rating have to get for a show to be cancelled
As I said earlier, I watched the first two episodes and thought the show was garbage so I stopped watching. Ratings all depend on the network, for instance Chuck usually had over a solid 6.2 million viewers on NBC and was still in severe danger of cancellation last year. 1.2 might be good for FX cartoons, but I know Sons of Anarchy was averaging around 5.4 million viewers and with it's season 2 finale in December set a ratings all-time high for FX in it's 15 year history. They might just wanna keep everything they can since Nip/Tuck is coming to an end, and wanna work at as many series as they can. Simple as that, they are hoping more people will eventually tune in, but I will definitely not be one of them.

Last edited by WyldeMan45; 02-25-2010 at 06:10 AM.
Old 01-27-2011, 11:49 PM   #17
Special Member

Dec 2010
Default Archer Season 2 Thursdays 10/9 central on FX

I didn't see any other post on this, so I thought I'd start one.

The show starts back up tonight, and I wanted to see if anyone else was caught in the "Danger Zone".

Sure the show is offensive (sexist, vulgar, etc.), but that's why I love it. I can't stand most comedies on TV nowadays, and sitcoms make me sick.

Adam Reed & Matt Thompson have always had a knack for the absurd and outrageous since I saw the first episode of 'Sealab 2021' to the long cancelled 'Frisky Dingo'. I was surprised that this show got picked up for a second season, and I can't wait to see what absurd situations and lewd comments Archer & crew get away with this time around.

Quote:
Archer is an animated, half-hour comedy that revolves around the spy agency known as the International Secret Intelligence Service (ISIS) and the lives of its employees. Although their work of espionage, reconnaissance missions, wiretapping and undercover surveillances is daunting and enigmatic, every covert operation and global crisis are actually unmitigated occasions for the ISIS staff to undermine, sabotage and betray each other for personal gains, pleasures and prosperity.

The series features the voices of H. Jon Benjamin as the highly skilled yet incredibly vain master spy “Sterling Archer”; Aisha Tyler as fellow agent provocateur “Lana Kane”; Jessica Walter as Archer’s domineering mother and the rapacious CEO of ISIS, “Malory Archer”; Chris Parnell as the easily intimidated comptroller of ISIS, “Cyril Figgis”; Judy Greer as Malory’s loquacious secretary, “Cheryl”; Amber Nash as the discordant director of human resources for ISIS, “Pam Poovey”; and George Coe as Archer’s elderly and always exploited butler, “Woodhouse.”

After just a 10-episode debut season, Archer has gained critical exaltation, a fervid fan base and clear reverence within the television industry. In 2010, H. Jon Benjamin received an Emmy® Award nomination for Outstanding Voice-Over Performance for his work as the show’s title character, the New York Daily News declared that “Creator Adam Reed showers us with a cascade of twisted comedy that invites everyone to come in and gasp” and the Boston Herald noted that “This spy spoof hits a bull’s-eye with risqué snark and one of the best vocal casts assembled for any animated series.

Last edited by bainbridge's_stache; 01-29-2011 at 08:07 AM.
Old 01-28-2011, 12:55 AM   #18
Blu-ray Ninja

Jan 2010
Kittrell, NC

This is a crazy show... at least Season 1 was.

Sometimes it was Get Smart-like in the ineptness and accidentally success of the lead agent.

I would have missed tonight setting a new timer, except last Sunday they were advertising it during the Sunday night FOX lineup.
Old 01-28-2011, 05:28 AM   #19
Special Member

Dec 2010

Ok. 1 post is better than none, I suppose.

I won't go too far with spoilers, but a few things should be said:

First, for a season premier, it won't shatter your senses. The show has always been a slow burn. But it was pretty good.

It was weird seeing someone other than Archer be the sexual predator. Of course, there was Carol (or Cheryl, Chantal, or whatever name she goes by now) in relation to Cyril, but it was interesting to see him in the opposite light.
[Show spoiler]And the parallel experience of his childhood with Anka's was priceless. "I never did THAT!"

Germany is Europe's Alabama, (in more ways than one, apparently). Don't make me explain it. Just watch it.

It was creepy seeing Kreeger in the background of the first part, doing nothing (then again, he probably would have said something even creepier).

Cyril
[Show spoiler]spent time in a mental hospital upstate and is taking meds. He is no longer with Lana.(just keep him away from the soda machine. He thinks it's people) Don't know how long that will last.

Good to see Gillette outside of the office, he just doesn't do much (other than his usual catty remarks).

Next week sounds crazier
[Show spoiler]with Mallory trying to sell ISIS to rival agency ODIN, and rekindling her affair with Trexler
but we shall see how that turns out.

Well, until next week, take it easy on those Green Russians!

Last edited by bainbridge's_stache; 01-28-2011 at 07:28 PM.
Old 01-28-2011, 06:54 PM   #20
Blu-ray Ninja

Jan 2010
Kittrell, NC

I noted the warning before the show about nudity... but then no actual nudity... which lead me to wonder if some of those things they didn't show were actually drawn and will show up on the next DVD release.

I bought season 1 DVD, but haven't re-watched the episodes yet... so I don't know if there is anything different or uncensored.

This is just a weird show... and Archer (H Jon Benjamin) is priceless sometimes... he gets caught up in the weirdness but then every once in a while realizes it is even weirder than he likes!
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > TV Shows