Best TV Deals

Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Soon: Metropolis ()

Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Japan
Ultraman: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$21.72

Doctor Who: Colin Baker: Complete Season Two (Blu-ray)
$45.86

Doctor Who: The Complete David Tennant Collection (Blu-ray)
$71.69

Kimagure Orange Road (Blu-ray)
$58.65
16 hrs ago
Stephen King's The Stand (Blu-ray)
$31.97

Spartacus: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$26.99

Chernobyl (Blu-ray)
$41.99

Deadwood: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$36.99

Lost in Space: Season One (Blu-ray)
$24.99

Megabeast Investigator Juspion (Blu-ray)
$35.37

The Big O: Complete Collection (Blu-ray)
$52.99

The Walking Dead: The Complete Ninth Season (Blu-ray)
$52.89

What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > TV Shows

Old 02-05-2011, 03:04 AM   #41
Blu-ray Knight

Dec 2010
Deep in the heart of NE Texas

Just started watching this and it is some funny stuff. Hopefully it pops back up on Netflix's instant que again. I'd love to watch the first season.
Old 02-05-2011, 06:30 AM   #42
Blu-ray Ninja

Jan 2010
Kittrell, NC

Sometimes it is hard to talk about because the crazy stuff is crazy, and the understandable stuff is not PG.

Still enjoying the insanity... but I do hope they move onto some new directions. If this one was a throwback to last season, then maybe next week will be in a new direction.
Old 02-05-2011, 07:50 AM   #43
Special Member

Dec 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Donster View Post
Just started watching this and it is some funny stuff. Hopefully it pops back up on Netflix's instant que again. I'd love to watch the first season.
That sucks. I guess it's not popular enough to get instant streaming.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HDMe View Post
Sometimes it is hard to talk about because the crazy stuff is crazy, and the understandable stuff is not PG.

Still enjoying the insanity... but I do hope they move onto some new directions. If this one was a throwback to last season, then maybe next week will be in a new direction.
I know it can get edgy (I'm surprised I haven't gotten banned for my comments), but I try to skirt around the subjects by being creative in my wording. It can be really difficult to talk about it to others as well. Trying to explain why I like the racy humor and oddball situations has gotten me more strange responses than I would like.

As for the direction, you may not like the next episode. It looks like more awkward situations involving the office gang, and more jokes about Archers' Oedipal Complex. Something I like, but others don't.
Old 02-05-2011, 08:19 PM   #44
Blu-ray Ninja

Jan 2010
Kittrell, NC

I don't mind some of the direction... most of it is hilarious... I just don't want them to go in one direction and beat it to death before moving on... I think the show is best when it is going in a couple of different directions at once, and you have to hang on to keep up.
Old 02-17-2011, 08:26 PM   #45
Blu-ray Archduke

Oct 2008
Bay Area 510!!!

i havent even seen last weeks episode yet, been so busy but will try to watch it tonight..
Old 02-17-2011, 10:06 PM   #46
Special Member

Dec 2010

Hey, guys. I got caught up with the whole "Snowpocalypse" last week, so I haven't been able to communicate with the outside world for a while.

Anyway, last weeks episode was ridiculous. There were a lot of running gags about Cyril and his sex addiction, Lana wanting to have a baby (excellent 'Of Mice and Men' reference, "Give her the rabbit, Lenny"), Cheryl's abject disdain for all babies (Little germ factories), and Mallory getting maternal instincts toward her grandchild only to revert back to her old self when it comes to any financial support.

It was good, but the need to pay attention to catch every small joke (like Krieger's constant interjections, "I made it myself." "Me, too!" "Looks like someone needs their diaper changed." "Me, too!" Or the fight between Lana and Cheryl, which culminates with Lana saying in response to the baby shower, "I wanna come." To which Cheryl says, "I think I just did!") can be difficult on the casual viewer. And the payoff joke was a long setup from the start that most people can see coming from miles away. There was also a handicap joke that some may not like, but I loved it.

Tonight, a trip to Bayou Country looks to include a lot of crazy action.

Last edited by bainbridge's_stache; 02-18-2011 at 02:45 AM.
Old 02-21-2011, 07:41 AM   #47
Special Member

Dec 2010
Default Pipeline Fever

Another episode full of revelations:

Archer's spirit guide is Burt Reynolds. It explains his obsession with 'Gator'(Bama McCall gets a shout out!) as well as why, in this episode, he looks like the character 'Lewis' from Deliverance.
He also reveals his 3 biggest fears: #1. Alligators (his biggest by far), #2. Crocodiles, and #3. Brain Aneurisms, because they can strike at anytime. You would think seeing his mother having sex would be up there, seeing as though every time he thinks about it, he gets violently ill.
He still has trouble with names. He calls the eco-terrorist, whose codename is Gandalf, by Treebeard and Samwise in succession. At least he kept it in the Tolkien universe.

Lana used to be an environmental activist alongside Gandalf. The only reason she quit was to join ISIS after staring down Mallory's .44.
She also used to have an afro. As Archer put it, "You looked like Angela Davis had a love child with Sweet Lou Dunbar. Sure, they could have used an easier reference, like Dr. J, but it had more to do with the animated version of Sweet Lou from the old Super-Globetrotters cartoon.

The reference got reenforced when Gandalf took things out of her afro, just like the cartoon.
As she tells Gandalf about her new hairstyle, "If you like the collar, you're gonna love the cuffs."

Some may find the subplot about ISIS going green to be kind of slow, but there are some good jokes to be found.

Pam's idea of recycling batteries amounts to pouring them down the garbage disposal. She also had no idea that there was a ladies restroom, probably because of what comes out of her (Cyril "Jeez, Pam! It's like a war crime happened in there.")

I think Krieger saw Alien: Resurrection one too many times, what with all of those creepy, mutated clones of himself.

There was also a reference to Where the Red Fern Grows in this episode. Someone far smarter than myself had to point it out. It comes up when the guy who rents the boat goes on to lament his dead dogs.

Next time: More about the mysterious past of Woodhouse, and Archer bonds with the Wee Baby Seamus.

Last edited by bainbridge's_stache; 02-25-2011 at 02:49 AM.
Old 02-21-2011, 05:25 PM   #48
Blu-ray Archduke

Oct 2008
Bay Area 510!!!

i didnt read anything you wrote as i havent seen the last two episodes but will watch them tonight and post my thoughts tomorrow
Old 03-01-2011, 04:59 AM   #49
Special Member

Sep 2009

Such a hilarious show. Woodhouse continues to rule. What a backstory!
Old 03-26-2011, 02:02 PM   #50
Blu-ray Champion

Feb 2011
New York

I cant believe this show gets a DVD release and not a Blu-ray release
Old 03-27-2011, 02:37 AM   #51
Blu-ray Prince

Jul 2007
Derry, or at least it feels like it.

Merged!
Old 04-02-2011, 03:53 AM   #52

May 2008

Archer got renewed for a 3rd Season....16 episodes. Boo-yah
Old 09-08-2011, 04:02 AM   #53

Jan 2010
The Outer Limits

Quote:
Originally Posted by eiknarf View Post
I cant believe this show gets a DVD release and not a Blu-ray release
Check it.

Some BB's apparently have it on the shelf. Not on their website though, at least currently.
Old 09-08-2011, 11:42 AM   #54
Blu-ray Champion

Feb 2011
New York

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adrock View Post
Check it.

Some BB's apparently have it on the shelf. Not on their website though, at least currently.
Hmmmm... Strange. I dont even see it posted as a match here on this site NOR Amazon.com.

What's with that UPC code : "0245437719781"?

Is this real or is it a slip sheet shrunk-wrapped in a Blue Amaray case?

Last edited by eiknarf; 09-08-2011 at 11:50 AM.
Old 10-24-2011, 05:30 PM   #55

Sep 2011
Elk Grove, California

Absolutely love this show. It's beaten Sunny as my favorite show on FX. Season one was awesome, season two was even better. And the three pirate episodes ruled as well. January seems so far away
Old 10-27-2011, 04:54 PM   #56
Site Manager

Aug 2006
USiberia
Default Dec 27 pre-order

Archer: The Complete Season Two Blu-ray
Old 10-27-2011, 08:52 PM   #57
Blu-ray Archduke

Oct 2008
Bay Area 510!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deciazulado View Post
Gotta love that cover, is it wrong that i think Launa is hot

Old 11-28-2011, 11:30 PM   #58
Special Member

Dec 2010

Premier date set:
Quote:
FX’s acclaimed animated series Archer returns for its third season starting January 19 and will air Thursdays at 10 PM ET/PT.
Source
Also, Burt Reynolds shows up as himself:

Quote:
Iconic actor Burt Reynolds has signed on as a guest star in the third season of FX’s critically acclaimed hit animated series Archer. Reynolds will play himself in an episode titled “The Man From Jupiter,” a reference to Reynolds’ home of Jupiter, Florida. In the episode, which will air in January, Reynolds dates Agent Sterling Archer’s mother and boss, Malory – much to Sterling’s dismay.
Source

Last edited by bainbridge's_stache; 11-28-2011 at 11:36 PM.
Old 12-26-2011, 05:40 PM   #59
Blu-ray Champion

Feb 2011
New York

I would have bet there'd be one or two posts in here last week or today from people claiming, "I got my copy of Archer Season 2 on Blu-ray at Best Buy early (Thursday or Friday or Monday[today]). They just had it out on the shelf a few days early..." even though it's not available until tomorrow.

Having just wandered into a Best Buy, I did happen to ask if they had it today (Monday the 26th), and like 100% of the time here in New York, they said, "Best Buy doesnt release things early. It doesnt come out until tomorrow, Tuesday the 27th. We can not release it early despite what other people are claiming other Best Buy's are doing"

The "other people" are the members here from "other mysterious lands" that always get titles early at their magical Best Buys
Old 12-27-2011, 01:34 PM   #60
Blu-ray Champion

Feb 2011
New York

Even though I got my version of ARCHER season one on September 15th... here at Blu-ray.com it reads that season one came out along with season two, on "Dec 27, 2011 (New Release)"
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > TV Shows