Best 3D Blu-ray Deals

Amazon Prime Day is Now Live »
Prime: Evangelion: 3.33 You Can (… ()

Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Japan
Alita: Battle Angel 4K + 3D (Blu-ray)
$29.96

Pokémon: Detective Pikachu 3D (Blu-ray)
$29.99

The Stewardesses 3D (Blu-ray)
$17.99

The Amityville Horror Trilogy (Blu-ray)
$29.99

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Out of the Shadows 3D (Blu-ray)
$12.95

The Meg 3D (Blu-ray)
$24.99

Blade Runner 2049 3D (Blu-ray)
$19.99

Men in Black 3 3D (Blu-ray)
$9.45

Dolphin Tale 3D (Blu-ray)
$16.61

The Good Dinosaur 3D (Blu-ray)
$19.04

Thor: The Dark World 3D (Blu-ray)
$20.14

The Secret Life of Pets 3D (Blu-ray)
$14.12

What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > 3D > 3D Hardware and Technology

Old 03-03-2012, 01:06 PM   #41

Aug 2009
BRONX, NY

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelerik View Post
While ever we have firm fans of both technologies, it can only be positive for 3D as a whole.

Get behind your 3D folks
That is true... when 3D haters come and attack 3D!!!!... passive and active users united together and we let them have it,,
Old 03-03-2012, 01:30 PM   #42

Oct 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by banibale View Post
That is true... when 3D haters come and attack 3D!!!!... passive and active users united together and we let them have it,,
I'm with you guys on that. Have a good day.
Old 03-03-2012, 04:03 PM   #43

Apr 2011

Quote:
I would just say they are forum trolls Bani

Stand up and be counted
Old 03-08-2012, 08:05 PM   #44
Special Member

Jul 2008
SoCal, planet Earth

Quote:
Originally Posted by therainberg View Post
So true. But some of the fans of both, like fans of anything, are pathological fan-boys for their format. Annoying. 3D is 3D and I could care less what format anyone owns.
Who hates 3D? I kickem in da nutz! and hard too!
Old 03-09-2012, 01:58 AM   #45

Aug 2009
BRONX, NY

Quote:
Originally Posted by therainberg View Post
So true. But some of the fans of both, like fans of anything, are pathological fan-boys for their format. Annoying. 3D is 3D and I could care less what format anyone owns.
Agreed... like batman and robin(you know who they are) going around forum only defending their purchase, they dont even post anything about a 3D movie or something, don't matter the technology 3D is 3D period.
Old 03-09-2012, 03:09 AM   #46
Blu-ray Knight

Nov 2010
Sydney, Australia

Quote:
Agreed... like batman and robin(you know who they are) going around forum only defending their purchase, they dont even post anything about a 3D movie or something, don't matter the technology 3D is 3D period.
A lot of members post their thoughts on 3d movies in the section dedicated to the country where they live. That's what I do, I post up my opinions of 3d movies I have watched in the "Aussie/Kiwi last Blu-ray bought/watched thread" and I know other Australian and New Zealand members do the same. I personally don't really like posting anything in the "3D blu-ray movies" sub forum area of the 3d section, as I feel too many stupid immature comments are made in there, and members put down others members for liking particular 3d movies that they didn't. IMO the "3d blu-ray movies" section of this website gets just as bad as the PS3 section at times.
Old 03-09-2012, 03:28 AM   #47

Aug 2009
BRONX, NY

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cevolution View Post
A lot of members post their thoughts on 3d movies in the section dedicated to the country where they live. That's what I do, I post up my opinions of 3d movies I have watched in the "Aussie/Kiwi last Blu-ray bought/watched thread" and I know other Australian and New Zealand members do the same. I personally don't really like posting anything in the "3D blu-ray movies" sub forum area of the 3d section, as I feel too many stupid immature comments are made in there, and members put down others members for liking particular 3d movies that they didn't. IMO the "3d blu-ray movies" section of this website gets just as bad as the PS3 section at times.
What in haven makes you think I was alluding to you? ..
But is really sad to know the way you feel about the 3D movie forum.
Old 03-09-2012, 03:52 AM   #48
Blu-ray Knight

Nov 2010
Sydney, Australia

Quote:
What in haven makes you think I was alluding to you? ..
But is really sad to know the way you feel about the 3D movie forum.
I didn't think you were talking about me at all . In my previous post I was just replying to the part of your comment I highlighted because I felt that you were being a little dismissive about what some members contribute to this website. Just because a member doesn't comment about 3d movies in the "3d movie section" doesn't mean that they don't post up their opinions on 3d movies they have watched in other areas of this website. As for my comments about not liking to visit the "3d blu-ray movies" section, I was just being honest about the way I feel about it.
Old 03-09-2012, 04:09 AM   #49

Aug 2009
BRONX, NY

Quote:
I didn't think you were talking about me at all. In my previous post I was just replying to the part of your comment I highlighted because I felt that you were being dismissive about what some members contribute to this website. Just because a member doesn't comment about 3d movies in the "3d movie section" doesn't mean that they don't post up their opinions on 3d movies they have watched in other areas of this website. As for my comments about not liking to visit the "3d blu-ray movies" section, I was just being honest about the way I feel about it.
Fair enough....... I'm. Just so in love with 3D movies that Im not even buying 2D movie as before Any more , I know its wrong but I can't help the feeling of watching a movie in 3 dimensions, and after reading all opinions in the Forums I realized that everybody perceive 3D in different ways.
Old 03-09-2012, 09:49 AM   #50

Jul 2010

Not to cause a war, I love 3D both active and passive. I own a Sony LX-900 active set and a new LG LW55 6500 passive.
I make 3D movies and must say, that passive is able to display depth and popout much, much better than any active set there is with very little ghosting if any... All active sets I have tested when I used extreme popout or depth displayed horrible crosstalk, but on my passive it's looked perfect.
I use Edius 3D to add parallax, then Vegas for editing. I have tested pretty much all 3D TV's there are with some of my extreme 3D I have made and only passive can display it perfectly with NO ghosting.

I filmed some scenery using my 3D cam, a base extender and edited it to have extreme depth and active TV's couldn't handle it at all. Passive had no problem and the depth was so amazing it blew me away.

I am in the process of making some more 3D movies now and actually gonna make one for active TV's and one extreme for passive since active can't handle it.

By the way, the best 3D TV in 2011 was the Panasonic VT20 followed by the Sony LX-900 series (I watched the shootout live over net)
Old 03-09-2012, 10:38 AM   #51
Blu-ray Knight

Nov 2010
Sydney, Australia

Quote:
Fair enough....... I'm. Just so in love with 3D movies that Im not even buying 2D movie as before Any more , I know its wrong but I can't help the feeling of watching a movie in 3 dimensions, and after reading all opinions in the Forums I realized that everybody perceive 3D in different ways.
It's good that you are so passionate about 3d, but on the other hand you are limiting yourself by focusing mainly on 3d titles, especially when most 3d titles are just average/below average movies script wise. Don't get me wrong, I own approximately 15-20 3d blu-rays which I enjoy, but even though I like those movies, I wouldn't sacrifice watching some of the greatest movies ever made in 2d (Godfather, Pulp Fuction, Saving Private Ryan, Shawshank Redemption, Terminator 2, etc etc), for ANY 3d title which has been released so far.
Old 03-09-2012, 07:51 PM   #52

Apr 2011

Quote:
It's good that you are so passionate about 3d, but on the other hand you are limiting yourself by focusing mainly on 3d titles, especially when most 3d titles are just average/below average movies script wise. Don't get me wrong, I own approximately 15-20 3d blu-rays which I enjoy, but even though I like those movies, I wouldn't sacrifice watching some of the greatest movies ever made in 2d (Godfather, Pulp Fuction, Saving Private Ryan, Shawshank Redemption, Terminator 2, etc etc), for ANY 3d title which has been released so far.
I think its each to their own Cev tbh. If everyone's tastes were the same then these forums wouldn't exist in the way they do.

At the moment I am just like Banibale, I am going through a phase where very little floats my boat at the moment where I just want to watch 3D. Will I grow out of it? I don't know, and don't really care .. it's fun right now and I am enjoying it. I would never want to push it down anyone's throat .. if they want to read about what I write on forums .. fine, if they don't .. then they can move on. I am sure what all of us write on these forums will have some interest to some readers .. certainly not all!

But right now, I WOULD sacrifice those titles you mentioned in favour of 3D movies. Sometimes I feel I need to escape from the likes of those titles once in a while.
Old 03-09-2012, 09:59 PM   #53
Special Member

Aug 2011

Quote:
I think its each to their own Cev tbh. If everyone's tastes were the same then these forums wouldn't exist in the way they do.
Not everything is meant for 3D. Like CEVOLUTION, many, many films are meant to be in 2D. Even if the option to film in 3D was available, some films should not use it. Memento is one of my favorite films, but it would lose something if it was in 3D. I absolutely love 3D as well, but I know when it fits and when it doesn't. This doesn't keep me from buying either format, I still buy both. It would be dumb to limit yourself to 3D only because there just aren't enough "top of the line" films on the format. There may be a hundred films or so, but only a handful worth watching.
Old 03-10-2012, 09:58 AM   #54

Apr 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by keb33509 View Post
Not everything is meant for 3D. Like CEVOLUTION, many, many films are meant to be in 2D. Even if the option to film in 3D was available, some films should not use it. Memento is one of my favorite films, but it would lose something if it was in 3D. I absolutely love 3D as well, but I know when it fits and when it doesn't. This doesn't keep me from buying either format, I still buy both. It would be dumb to limit yourself to 3D only because there just aren't enough "top of the line" films on the format. There may be a hundred films or so, but only a handful worth watching.
Oh I agree, I would never limit myself to 3D at all. I just feel that of most of the back catalogue stuff going around at the moment, 3D is more interesting to me right now. I still collect all my Arrow and Shameless releases .. no less than I did before. But looking at new stuff coming out, it's 3D that excites me. Also, any conversions to 3D can go suck for all I care. They weren't meant for that format in the first place so they should be left alone, not just pumped out by greedy studios.
Old 03-10-2012, 01:45 PM   #55
Blu-ray Knight

Nov 2010
Sydney, Australia

Quote:
Oh I agree, I would never limit myself to 3D at all. I just feel that of most of the back catalogue stuff going around at the moment, 3D is more interesting to me right now. I still collect all my Arrow and Shameless releases .. no less than I did before. But looking at new stuff coming out, it's 3D that excites me. Also, any conversions to 3D can go suck for all I care. They weren't meant for that format in the first place so they should be left alone, not just pumped out by greedy studios.
I wasn't just referring to the 5 movies I mentioned as examples in my previous post, I was talking about the hundreds of great 2d releases from the past and present. When it comes to films with better scripts, obviously there are far more available in 2d. All I was saying, is I feel anyone who just watches mainly 3d films is greatly limiting themselves from what's out there, as there is hardly any movies in the 3d format that I would call above average. So far most 3d movies are just for mindless entertainment, not many of them really require you to think too hard. To be honest 3d does not make me interested in a particular movie anymore than 2d does, if I feel a movie doesn't look the greatest then I'm not just going to run out and buy it just because it's in 3d.

I remember when I was 12 years old (which was 18 years ago), going on a 3d ride at WB movie world on Australia's Gold Coast. Now when I was that age it was easy to be attracted to 3d just for the sake of it, but as an adult I find it a little bit immature just to like a movie based on pop out and the 3d effects alone.

Whenever someone says that they only just like a movie because of the 3d effects and nothing else, it always makes me think of this

Like they get that mesmerised by 3d it turns them into a slobbering brain dead zombie who is easily entertained for 2 hours.

Last edited by Cevolution; 03-11-2012 at 12:41 AM. Reason: Fixed a spelling mistake in the last paragraph.
Old 03-10-2012, 02:30 PM   #56

Jun 2011
IL
Default Ghosting / crosstalk - here's a thought....

If you deal with ghosting/crosstalk somewhat frequently on 3d blurays:

1) It's amazing how you can still enjoy/appreciate 3d at all. I sure as hell wouldn't. It should be unacceptable. I have 38ish 3d blus and most everything worth owning in the 3d category, spent only $900 on my tv (and use a ps3), and I don't deal with it, ever.

(2) Being unacceptable as it is, you might want to seriously consider selling your gear while it can still fetch a decent price.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk
Old 03-10-2012, 02:51 PM   #57

Aug 2009
BRONX, NY

Quote:
I wasn't just referring to the 5 movies I mentioned as examples in my previous post, I was talking about the hundreds of great 2d releases from the past and present. When it comes to films with better scripts, obviously there are far more available in 2d. All I was saying, is I feel anyone who just watches mainly 3d films is greatly limiting themselves from what's out there, as there is hardly any movies in the 3d format that I would call above average. So far most 3d movies are just for mindless entertainment, not many of them really require you to think too hard. To be honest 3d does not make me interested in a particular movie anymore than 2d does, if I feel a movie doesn't look the greatest then I'm not just going to run out and buy it just because it's in 3d.

I remember when I was 12 years old (which was 18 years ago), going on a 3d ride at WB movie world on Australia's Gold Coast. Now when I was that age it was easy to be attracted to 3d just for the sake of it, but as an adult I find it a little bit immature just to be attracted to 3d based on pop out and the effects alone.

Whenever someone says that they only just like a movie because of the 3d effects and nothing else, it always makes me think of this

The Riddler-Feedin off your brain-FRED! - YouTube

Like they get that memorised by 3d it turns them into a slobbering brain dead zombie who is easily entertained for 2 hours.
Have you seen Hugo in 3D?
Old 03-10-2012, 02:57 PM   #58
Blu-ray Knight

Nov 2010
Sydney, Australia

Quote:
Have you seen Hugo in 3D?
No, but I do want to see it.
Old 03-10-2012, 03:12 PM   #59

Aug 2009
BRONX, NY

Quote:
No, but I do want to see it.
You should..... highly recommended.
Old 03-10-2012, 03:48 PM   #60
Expert Member

Dec 2009
Toronto, Canada eh!

This is pretty subjective...

Does it happen? Yes...A lot? Not so much. Is it worth my time getting upset?

Nope...

I enjoy 3D content for what it is. It's still early tech so it still needs time to iron out the kinks...

Congrats in spending that much on a set? I don't really see what you're getting at...
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > 3D > 3D Hardware and Technology