Best Blu-ray Movie Deals

Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Japan
Alita: Battle Angel 4K + 3D (Blu-ray)
C$191.98

Westworld: Season Two (Blu-ray)
C$11.99
1 hr ago
Outlander: Complete Seasons One, Two & Three (Blu-ray)
C$64.99

The Flash: The Complete Fourth Season (Blu-ray)
C$8.99
1 hr ago
Captain America: Civil War 4K (Blu-ray)
C$19.99

Aladdin (Blu-ray)
C$26.99
21 hrs ago
Fast & Furious 8-Movie Collection 4K (Blu-ray)
C$95.99

Star Trek: Discovery - Season One (Blu-ray)
C$33.99
1 hr ago
Crimson Peak (Blu-ray)
C$33.62

Rick and Morty: Season 3 (Blu-ray)
C$19.99
1 hr ago
The Expendables 3 4K (Blu-ray)
C$9.99

Godzilla: King of the Monsters (Blu-ray)
C$26.99

What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Hot Deals > Movie and TV Deals > Canadian Deals

Old 11-03-2007, 12:51 AM   #41
Expert Member

Aug 2007
The Universe.

Future Shop lowered their prices! Yay! I AM CANADIAN!
Old 11-03-2007, 12:58 AM   #42
Blu-ray Guru

Dec 2006
Ontario, Canada

Quote:
Originally Posted by blu-rayfan101 View Post
Future Shop lowered their prices! Yay! I AM CANADIAN!
I checked their website... still the same price. Are you talking about something that was in the news or?
Old 11-03-2007, 01:02 AM   #43
Expert Member

Aug 2007
The Universe.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Banjo View Post
I checked their website... still the same price. Are you talking about something that was in the news or?
I looked in the flyer and they cut the ps3 to th US price and the 40gb is the same as the US. And things like BD players and tvs were cheaper than before.
Old 11-03-2007, 01:27 AM   #44
Blu-ray Guru

Dec 2006
Ontario, Canada

Quote:
I looked in the flyer and they cut the ps3 to th US price and the 40gb is the same as the US. And things like BD players and tvs were cheaper than before.
Actually, Sony was the one who made the price cuts.
Old 11-03-2007, 01:34 AM   #45
Expert Member

Aug 2007
The Universe.

Quote:
Actually, Sony was the one who made the price cuts.
I know they made the price cuts but Future Shop kept it the same and the ps3 was always more expensive in Canada than in the US.
Old 11-03-2007, 02:40 AM   #46
Blu-ray Guru

Dec 2006
Ontario, Canada

Quote:
I know they made the price cuts but Future Shop kept it the same and the ps3 was always more expensive in Canada than in the US.
That's because of our currency differences. Now our dollar is worth more than the US dollar. That's why Sony made the price cuts and applied it to Canadian retailers too as well. Future Shop has no control over the prices for these products.
Old 11-03-2007, 02:50 AM   #47

Mar 2007

Doing business in the "Great" State of Canada isn't cheap.
Old 11-03-2007, 02:54 AM   #48

Aug 2007
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyot View Post
I have ordered over 40 packages from Amazon.com and not once have i been charged with duties of any sort. I have seen that some people have complained about it in the past, and those people were from the West Coast for the most part.
I've ordered at least a couple dozen times from Amazon and never had to pay any duty or taxes either (shipped to Southern Ontario). Amazon gets around the duty and taxes by filling your orders from their US distro centers but then shipping your package internally as a STO (Stock Transfer Order) to their Amazon.ca distro center located in Mississauga Ontario. Once there, they ship it to you via Canada Post thus bypassing customs and the taxes and fees associated with them.

IMPORTANT: THIS ONLY WORKS IF YOU CHOOSE STANDARD SHIPPING!

If you choose anything quicker, Amazon will ship via a courier straight from one of their US facilities and then you run the risk of being taxed.
Old 11-03-2007, 02:54 AM   #49
Blu-ray Samurai

Aug 2007
Canada

You mean Northern Montana?
Old 11-03-2007, 03:43 AM   #50
Blu-ray Guru

Feb 2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave J View Post
I've ordered at least a couple dozen times from Amazon and never had to pay any duty or taxes either (shipped to Southern Ontario). Amazon gets around the duty and taxes by filling your orders from their US distro centers but then shipping your package internally as a STO (Stock Transfer Order) to their Amazon.ca distro center located in Mississauga Ontario. Once there, they ship it to you via Canada Post thus bypassing customs and the taxes and fees associated with them.

If you choose anything quicker, Amazon will ship via a courier straight from one of their US facilities and then you run the risk of being taxed.
Thanks for the details..
Old 11-03-2007, 03:49 AM   #51
Blu-ray Samurai

Aug 2007
Canada

Quote:

Sounds like a pretty good explanation to me. Thanks a lot.
Old 11-03-2007, 04:21 AM   #52
Blu-ray Guru

Nov 2007
BC, Canada

Ya - amazon.com definitely repackages the stuff canadians orders to get around duty. I order from them sometimes specifically for that reason.

I scanned through looking and didn't see anyone mention deepdiscount.com

They have the best deal on shipping for canadians I've ever seen and often have great sales and often the cheapest price too. It's $5.95 shipping to canada per order. It doesn't matter how much or how little you order. Just one flat $5.95 fee

They also ship things as they become available automatically without any extra charge (which is a great way to avoid duty). If you order things you know are currently out of stock or preorders along with your regular order you can generally keep the price per actual shipment low enough to avoid duty and still only have to pay the one $5.95 shipping fee.

The orders ship USPS too so not brokerage fees. If there is duty it's just the tax + the $5.00 handling fee.
Old 11-03-2007, 04:34 AM   #53
Blu-ray Guru

Dec 2006
Ontario, Canada

Quote:
Originally Posted by bajor27 View Post
Ya - amazon.com definitely repackages the stuff canadians orders to get around duty. I order from them sometimes specifically for that reason.

I scanned through looking and didn't see anyone mention deepdiscount.com

They have the best deal on shipping for canadians I've ever seen and often have great sales and often the cheapest price too. It's $5.95 shipping to canada per order. It doesn't matter how much or how little you order. Just one flat $5.95 fee.
Besides, Amazon.ca don't re-package Amazon.com orders. At least I don't believe they do. Their packaging designs are very different from Amazon.ca's.

Not anymore, they increased the shipping fee to almost $8 for the first item. DVDPacific.com offer better shipping fees. Right now with the currency rate, it's around $3.90 to $3.95 for the first item then approx. $1 extra per item while it would cost you nearly $11 just to ship two items from Amazon.com.
Old 11-03-2007, 04:48 AM   #54
Blu-ray Guru

Nov 2007
BC, Canada

Quote:
Not anymore, they increased the shipping fee to almost $8 for the first item. DVDPacific.com offer better shipping fees. Right now with the currency rate, it's around $3.90 to $3.95 for the first item then approx. $1 extra per item while it would cost you nearly $11 just to ship two items from Amazon.com.
I think you might have misread my post. I was referring to shipping on deepdiscount.com only being $5.95 per order not on amazon.

I will definitely keep dvdpacific.com in mind next time I want to make a small order though as those are some decent shipping rates too
Old 11-03-2007, 05:33 AM   #55
Blu-ray Guru

Dec 2006
Ontario, Canada

Quote:
Originally Posted by bajor27 View Post
I think you might have misread my post. I was referring to shipping on deepdiscount.com only being $5.95 per order not on amazon.

I will definitely keep dvdpacific.com in mind next time I want to make a small order though as those are some decent shipping rates too
My mistake. Sorry about that.
Old 11-21-2007, 07:41 AM   #56

Nov 2007
Victoria BC, Canada

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrinceLH View Post
I like how U.S. customers ordering from Canada are allowed up to $400.00 while Canadians ordering from the U.S. are only allowed $20.00. Another cruel joke on Canadians.
Has this changed recently? It used to be $250
Old 11-21-2007, 09:24 AM   #57

Nov 2007

I work at Futureshop and can get Blu-ray players at cost (up to 5). if interested, email me at eternalsoul1 (hotmail.com). I am not doing this for profit,but to help fellow canucks!

email me for other items as well!
Old 11-21-2007, 07:26 PM   #58

Nov 2007
Victoria BC, Canada

Quote:

Thank you. Glad someone is finally able to clear this up!
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Hot Deals > Movie and TV Deals > Canadian Deals