Best Anime Deals

Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Japan
Gatchaman (Blu-ray)
$65.99
 
The Big O: Complete Collection (Blu-ray)
$52.99
 
A Silent Voice (Blu-ray)
$19.99
 
Sailor Moon S: The Movie (Blu-ray)
$14.86
 
Wolf Children (Blu-ray)
$14.63
 
Steins;Gate 0 - Part Two (Blu-ray)
$34.99
 
Elfen Lied: Complete Collection Plus OVA (Blu-ray)
$66.29
 
Sorcerer Hunters: The Complete TV Series and OVA (Blu-ray)
$31.82
 
Kimagure Orange Road: The Complete OVA Series & Movie (Blu-ray)
$38.19
 
FLCL: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$19.99
 
Nichijou - My Ordinary Life: Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$45.69
 
Steins;Gate 0 - Part One (Blu-ray)
$34.99
 
What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out


Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Anime


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-12-2013, 05:48 PM   #21
Tellymon Tellymon is offline
Power Member
 
Tellymon's Avatar
 
Nov 2012
21
8
55
Default

I'm hoping to pickup both Gurren Lagann and Blue Exorcist before they go out of print... I know I should buy Blue Exorcist first but that TTGL set has been calling my name for some time now -.-
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2013, 01:04 AM   #22
alvarez468 alvarez468 is offline
Power Member
 
alvarez468's Avatar
 
Dec 2011
The Room of Space and Time
941
66
54
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiberius View Post
Blue Exorcist: The Movie packaging shot posted on AoA Facebook earlier today:










my copy has shipped today can't wait to get it😎
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2013, 01:11 AM   #23
Tiberius Tiberius is offline
Senior Member
 
Tiberius's Avatar
 
May 2011
751
396
1
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tellymon View Post
I'm hoping to pickup both Gurren Lagann and Blue Exorcist before they go out of print... I know I should buy Blue Exorcist first but that TTGL set has been calling my name for some time now -.-
At the current rate of exchange, I think you could purchase it from Amazon JP for ~$380 including shipping... which is not bad for that set!
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2013, 01:40 AM   #24
alvarez468 alvarez468 is offline
Power Member
 
alvarez468's Avatar
 
Dec 2011
The Room of Space and Time
941
66
54
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiberius View Post
At the current rate of exchange, I think you could purchase it from Amazon JP for ~$380 including shipping... which is not bad for that set!





your talking about the gurren lagann set right

Is that the exact one rightstuf was selling with the English dub
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2013, 04:06 AM   #25
Tiberius Tiberius is offline
Senior Member
 
Tiberius's Avatar
 
May 2011
751
396
1
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by alvarez468 View Post
your talking about the gurren lagann set right

Is that the exact one rightstuf was selling with the English dub
Yes, Gurren Lagann. Same set sans the translation booklet (subs/dubs still on discs).
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2013, 05:35 AM   #26
jala12 jala12 is offline
Expert Member
 
jala12's Avatar
 
Apr 2011
Default

Chances are though, Aniplex themselves are going to release a domestic version that is $200 or a little more. I would rather wait for that.
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2013, 01:52 PM   #27
alvarez468 alvarez468 is offline
Power Member
 
alvarez468's Avatar
 
Dec 2011
The Room of Space and Time
941
66
54
Default

How is ordering from amazon.jp is it fast. I've never ordered anything from amazon.jp before. Who delivers here in the US
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2013, 07:15 PM   #28
Tiberius Tiberius is offline
Senior Member
 
Tiberius's Avatar
 
May 2011
751
396
1
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by alvarez468 View Post
How is ordering from amazon.jp is it fast. I've never ordered anything from amazon.jp before. Who delivers here in the US
Whenever I've ordered from them, my package arrived pretty quickly. DHL handles their shipping/delivery in the US.
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2013, 08:02 PM   #29
FREYMAX 3D FREYMAX 3D is offline
Banned
 
Aug 2010
34
584
33
9
Default

Shipping is incredibly fast from A-zon.jp - basically two days shipping time. I have had packages leave Osaka or Tokyo one day, and are on the truck for delivery in Pennsylvania less than 24 hours later!

Lately though, I've had a lot of package damage from overly rough handling with DHL... had to order replacements for three Ghibli Blu-rays due to shipping damage last week - but the replacements arrived in two days as well.
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2013, 01:33 AM   #30
vujacicfan vujacicfan is offline
Active Member
 
vujacicfan's Avatar
 
Jan 2012
167
4
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jala12 View Post
Chances are though, Aniplex themselves are going to release a domestic version that is $200 or a little more. I would rather wait for that.
Has Aniplex ever done anything like that before? I thought they just release really expensive imports over here.

But great heads up on the Amazon.jp Gurren Lagann set. At 380 bucks, it's slightly more reasonable.
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2013, 11:26 AM   #31
Sinthetic Sinthetic is online now
Blu-ray Samurai
 
Sinthetic's Avatar
 
Nov 2011
UK
-
-
17
Default

Lagann went up almost 5000 Yen over night. Pissed off that I hesitated buying it last week.

Will still pick it up in the next few weeks.
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2013, 07:24 PM   #32
jala12 jala12 is offline
Expert Member
 
jala12's Avatar
 
Apr 2011
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by vujacicfan View Post
Has Aniplex ever done anything like that before? I thought they just release really expensive imports over here.

But great heads up on the Amazon.jp Gurren Lagann set. At 380 bucks, it's slightly more reasonable.
They've done it before with Fate Zero. And I'm pretty certain the same can be said for Gurren Lagann. They KNOW it is popular, and if it turns out that there really will be no domestic version then they are a stupider company than I thought.
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2013, 05:21 PM   #33
alvarez468 alvarez468 is offline
Power Member
 
alvarez468's Avatar
 
Dec 2011
The Room of Space and Time
941
66
54
Default

If they can dub the films and release a boxset between 200 to 300 dollars. I'd buy that In a heartbeat
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2013, 06:39 PM   #34
MOONPHASE MOONPHASE is offline
Blu-ray Baron
 
MOONPHASE's Avatar
 
Jun 2007
California
349
750
19
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by alvarez468 View Post
If they can dub the films and release a boxset between 200 to 300 dollars. I'd buy that In a heartbeat
It was kind of strange that they just didn't use the Bandai English dub actors for those movies to begin with. I'm sure Kyle Hebert, Yuri Lowenthal and Michelle Ruff would have been more than willing to be on board for that. But I suppose that those movies were Aniplex USA's 1st releases.
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2013, 11:25 AM   #35
Norbie Norbie is offline
Power Member
 
Norbie's Avatar
 
Oct 2010
The Milky Way
698
131
9
Australia

RE: Gurren Leggan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiberius View Post
At the current rate of exchange, I think you could purchase it from Amazon JP for ~$380 including shipping... which is not bad for that set!
Or you can wait when the Blu-ray set of the series is released in the UK where it will be a lot less then $380.
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2014, 02:01 PM   #36
Vidgame30 Vidgame30 is offline
Junior Member
 
Dec 2013
Default

Yeah, as much as I want SAO, Blue Exorcist, and the recently licensed Kill La Kill, I'd like not to go bankrupt from buying them. -_-
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2014, 02:22 PM   #37
FREYMAX 3D FREYMAX 3D is offline
Banned
 
Aug 2010
34
584
33
9
Default

Well, I decided to splurge a little, I ordered both the AoA Durarara! Lunchbox edition and the Bakemonogatari box set from Rightstuf, for $149.98 each...
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2014, 05:30 PM   #38
Talyn Talyn is offline
Blu-ray Samurai
 
Talyn's Avatar
 
Sep 2011
East of Ale Asylum
504
1
45
Default

You'll really enjoy Durarara!.... I loved it, just...pay attention to everything.
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2014, 06:37 PM   #39
neoz neoz is offline
Moderator
 
neoz's Avatar
 
Dec 2009
10
1584
7
81
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by FREYMAX 3D View Post
Well, I decided to splurge a little, I ordered both the AoA Durarara! Lunchbox edition and the Bakemonogatari box set from Rightstuf, for $149.98 each...


  Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2014, 07:00 PM   #40
FREYMAX 3D FREYMAX 3D is offline
Banned
 
Aug 2010
34
584
33
9
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talyn View Post
You'll really enjoy Durarara!.... I loved it, just...pay attention to everything.
Yes, I've already seen the series on Adult Swim two years ago - just thought it was about time I bought it... I know how much you have to pay attention, especially the chat room stuff...

Quote:
Originally Posted by neoz View Post


Lol - Now if only I could find a copy of the JP Ergo Proxy Blu-ray Box for $400 or less, I'd be a happy camper...
  Reply With Quote
Reply
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Anime


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 04:49 PM.