Best Xbox One Game Deals

Best Xbox One Game Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Japan
NHL 20 (Xbox One)
$33.99

Control (Xbox One)
$44.75

The Golf Club 2019 Featuring PGA Tour (Xbox One)
$14.99

WWE 2K19 (Xbox One)
$9.99
3 hrs ago
Hitman 2 (Xbox One)
$21.99

Plants vs. Zombies: Battle for Neighborville (Xbox One)
$32.75

Anthem (Xbox One)
$9.99

Crash Team Racing: Nitro Fueled (Xbox One)
$29.99

The Division 2 (Xbox One)
$46.29
17 hrs ago
Final Fantasy X | X-2 (Xbox One)
$29.99

Soul Calibur VI (Xbox One)
$49.97

Samurai Showdown (Xbox One)
$39.99

What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Gaming > Xbox > Xbox One

Old 11-21-2013, 09:24 PM   #21
Power Member

Oct 2009
Mobile, AL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derb View Post
What if you actively go out of your way to spin a positive on the console of preference?
Everyone likes what they like and people have their preferences... and see positives/negatives differently. Everyone has differing criteria for what they want in a console, which is why it's great that there are options to suit everyone's needs. And there should be nothing wrong with being enthusiastic about a product that you're looking forward to owning, for whatever reason. But ultimately, there's no reason to be dicks to each other over a console choice. Spirited discussion is one thing (and we've certainly had that here and weathered it accordingly)... but people who feel the need to repeatedly attack the thing they already know they're not buying? They're kinda' silly.
Old 11-21-2013, 09:40 PM   #22
Power Member

Oct 2009
Mobile, AL

Quote:
Originally Posted by LIONSFAN20 View Post
But only 1 team wins the Super Bowl at the end of the year, and I always foolishly hope its the Lions. Again I like Sony and I'm loving my PS4, however I find myself exploring the Xbox One more and more, despite saying I was not going to get one.
Well, good luck with that Lions thing, man.

That's the difference here though... If both systems do cool stuff you want, you can buy both. There's no need to have an allegiance. Can you imagine how silly it would sound if people treated other electronics that way? Like... TOASTERS? "Black & Decker? Man, I don't truck with no half-toasting uneven cooking hardware store bullshit! TOASTMASTER FOR LIFE, YA'LL!"
Old 11-21-2013, 09:55 PM   #23
Blu-ray Count

Sep 2008
Vancouver, B.C.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReverendSlim View Post
Everyone likes what they like and people have their preferences... and see positives/negatives differently. Everyone has differing criteria for what they want in a console, which is why it's great that there are options to suit everyone's needs. And there should be nothing wrong with being enthusiastic about a product that you're looking forward to owning, for whatever reason. But ultimately, there's no reason to be dicks to each other over a console choice. Spirited discussion is one thing (and we've certainly had that here and weathered it accordingly)... but people who feel the need to repeatedly attack the thing they already know they're not buying? They're kinda' silly.

I don't understand why people feel the need to justify a purchase they are already happy with.
I don't understand why people knock native resolution of 720p when both consoles upscale everything to 1080p

I never created those MS game/console threads to show support for Xbox One console as my only preference. I created them because no one else did.

People can attack either console on this forum & I just

I agree that spirited discussions are helpful for those making the jump to Next-Gen & that should be the focus instead of demeaning the console or insulting members who have different tastes then yours. Freedom of choice & what-not.
Old 11-21-2013, 09:57 PM   #24
Banned

Oct 2013

Quote:
I don't understand why people knock native resolution of 720p when both consoles upscale everything to 1080p
LMFAO !!!!!! wut ?

Everything is native on the PS4
Old 11-21-2013, 10:29 PM   #25
Blu-ray Count

Sep 2008
Vancouver, B.C.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewJerseyDevil View Post
LMFAO !!!!!! wut ?

Everything is native on the PS4
Angry Birds: Star Wars is the lowest native resolution of any other PS4 game at 720p.

I think BF4 is also under 1080p native as well.
Old 11-22-2013, 01:58 AM   #26
Blu-ray Knight

Aug 2007
MD

Quote:
Angry Birds: Star Wars is the lowest native resolution of any other PS4 game at 720p.

I think BF4 is also under 1080p native as well.
Battlefield 4 is the only non 1080p game on PS4 at the moment afaik (900p vs XB1 720p).

Where did you get that info on Angy Birds Star Wars? I cannot find any reference to it, and it boggles the mind to think they would not make it 1080p (for either console)... Unless a shoddy straight tablet port of course.
Old 11-22-2013, 03:37 AM   #27
Blu-ray Count

Sep 2008
Vancouver, B.C.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elandyll View Post
Battlefield 4 is the only non 1080p game on PS4 at the moment afaik (900p vs XB1 720p).

Where did you get that info on Angy Birds Star Wars? I cannot find any reference to it, and it boggles the mind to think they would not make it 1080p (for either console)... Unless a shoddy straight tablet port of course.
Yeah I don't get it either.

It could be a mis-print on the actual back side cover-art. "720p supported res"

I was certain when I flipped to the back of case I'd see 1080p so was kinda shocked.

However after actually playing the game its very possible it is in fact 720 upscaled to 1080. It's not a flashy AAA FPS so what I'm seeing could easily be the PS4 showcasing the up conversion. There is even a pause delay in the video feed when you boot the game up. It's looks a tad blurry & first for a second & then a second later the video resumes & looks awesome near perfect. I closed app because there was an update. After installing update file I restarted game. It's the first image shown of game with them birds. The video still pauses & doesn't look 1080 for about 1.5 seconds. Then BAM! Crystal clear.
Old 11-22-2013, 04:29 AM   #28
Blu-ray Samurai

Mar 2009
Calgary, Canada 🍁

Technically if somebody doesn't have internet Assassins Creed and Call of Duty are under 1080p too
Old 11-22-2013, 02:10 PM   #29
Blu-ray Knight

Apr 2007

The update didn't exactly go smoothly for me but in the end turned out okay. The download process actually went very quickly, probably because it was downloading at 2'ish AM EST. After the download and installation process, it froze (or so I thought) on the Xbox One screen. It sat there forever and I couldn't do anything with the console. I was afraid to turn it off for fear that I'd brick it. Eventually, I guess it timed out on whatever was going on because it returned an error screen saying that the update had failed but then it rebooted or maybe it just re-launched that process and then came back with an update not needed message. Things were then were fine and I was able to go online (and launch a game) so I'm sure it worked.

The only other issue I had was just trying to get it setup. I had trouble getting it on my wireless network and ended up needing to pick a slightly different option than I use on the PS3/PS4. So, that took about 5 attempts and it was a little confusing because even when it worked, it would launch a searching for a solution option but then come back and say, everything is okay. The first time that happened, it worked briefly but then it lost the network connection so I changed the option slightly and then it seemed fine for the rest of the night.
Old 12-10-2013, 09:36 PM   #30
Power Member

Oct 2009
Mobile, AL
Default Xbox One system update - 12/10/13

http://majornelson.com/2013/12/10/xb...system-update/
Quote:
I wanted to let you know that later today a required Xbox One system update will become available. This update works a little bit differently than what fans are used to on Xbox 360. Here’s what you can expect:

A. If you are using the Xbox One “Instant On” (the low power state that allows you to instantly power up your console by saying “Xbox On”), your console automatically checks for updates when it you turn it off. Once we make the update available (on Tuesday, December 10th, 5:00 PM PT) this means the following will happen:

Your console will automatically download the update after you turn it off. Once the update has been downloaded in the background, your console will power completely down. Please note: You will need to manually power your console back on after the update has been downloaded. Because the update will power your console completely down, the “Xbox On” voice command won’t be available until after the update is fully installed.
When you turn the console on you’ll see the update being applied. After that, your Xbox One will reboot. You’ll know the update is installing when you see the Xbox logo on the green background (like at the top of this post.) This can take anywhere from 2-5 minutes. Once the update has finished installing, you’ll boot to the Home screen and you’re all set.
Don’t worry, if you are out of town for the holidays, you console also does regular checks for updates and will download it in the background even if you have not used you Xbox One in a couple of days.

B. If you are not using the Xbox One “Instant On” feature, you will be required to download and apply this update after Thursday, December 12th at 4:00 PM PT.

This update addresses the following:

Addresses SmartGlass issues for some users when coming in and out of connected standby
Addresses multiplayer issues for some users when re-joining games
Addresses issues with inconsistent notifications for some users
Addresses dashboard performance for some users
Offers improvements for Xbox One’s TV, system update, and content update services for scaling over time
Updated wireless networking driver to improve connectivity issues for some users

We’ve got quite a few updates planned for the next year based on the community feedback we’ve been seeing, and I’ll have details on those in the future.

Thanks and I’ll see you online.
Good to see that they're getting an update out fairly quickly after launch, but it's a little disappointing that they aren't addressing some of the issues yet. Still, a heads up for my fellow Xbox One owners.
Old 12-10-2013, 10:24 PM   #31
Blu-ray Samurai

Sep 2008
Mobile, AL

Thanks for the heads up. I'm sure they will be fixing a lot of the issues that people have pointed out as quickly as they can. Major Nelson is pretty active in the XBox One subreddit and has acknowledged the issues and said they are working on them. It's nice that they put a face out there to keep you updated and to know that you as an individual have been heard.
Old 12-11-2013, 12:30 AM   #32

Jan 2009
Pennsylvania

Well that update seems to be basically useless except MAYBE whatever "line 4" is trying to say exactly. At least they are trying. There better be at least one update a month for the next 2+ years if you ask me to get this thing on track and probably still wont be on par with the 360!

They need to get the party system 1000% fixed like now and GET RID OF THE TURN CHAT ON BUTTON in a party!

AND if the green screen with the Xbox logo is all there is, I smell disaster for some people as they may think the system is frozen and turn it off. Hopefully theres a downloading bar or something?

Last edited by NY Yankees 23 2; 12-11-2013 at 12:42 AM.
Old 12-11-2013, 12:44 PM   #33
Power Member

Oct 2009
Mobile, AL

Yeah, the party/invite system should really be their first priority, and I think they know that. Now that I know how to get people into my games, it's functional... but it's not remotely as intuitive and useful as the 360's system.

All I notice after the update is that the UI is a little snappier. People have been saying there was a memory leak over time that would cause the UI to slow down until you did a reboot, and that does indeed seem to be fixed. Other than that, business as usual. Kinda' disappointing that they didn't add Dolby support for the optical out for people using surround headphones though.
Old 12-11-2013, 06:18 PM   #34

Jan 2009
Pennsylvania

I wonder if it fixed your pins disappearing as well? Like 3 times they have disappeared on me. All I did was repin one of them, and all the rest reappeared? Whatever.
Old 12-11-2013, 07:33 PM   #35
Blu-ray Knight

Dec 2010
Deep in the heart of NE Texas

That's funny you mention pins. Mine actually disappeared on my 360 when One launched. They came back the next time I booted up no problem. Anyway, glad Microsoft is trying to fix the issues.
Old 12-11-2013, 08:31 PM   #36
Blu-ray Count

Sep 2008
Vancouver, B.C.

I use Insta On but have not used the console since Monday I think.

Thanks for heads up. Need to see if MS bricked my system.
Old 12-12-2013, 01:17 PM   #37

Jan 2009
Pennsylvania

I got insta on as well and have no idea if it updated or not? I sure haven't had the green xbox logo screen for a few minutes.
Old 12-12-2013, 03:21 PM   #38
Power Member

Oct 2009
Mobile, AL

You'll know if it updates. It will bring up a status bar when you power on as it does the update, then go to the green logo screen and sit for a few minutes. If you haven't seen that status bar pop up at boot, you haven't updated yet.
Old 12-12-2013, 04:43 PM   #39
Special Member

May 2011
Colorado

I can't figure out if my Xbox updated or not. I turned it on and then went about cleaning the house for about 20 minutes. I didn't see any special screen or message pop up. I didn't see an option in settings to check for updates or anything.
Old 12-12-2013, 05:07 PM   #40

Jul 2007

Check your version under settings. 6.2.10217.0 is the latest version.
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Gaming > Xbox > Xbox One