Best Xbox One Game Deals

Best Xbox One Game Deals, See All the Deals »

Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Japan
Call of Duty: Black Ops 4 (Xbox One)
$141.94
20 hrs ago
Rage 2 (Xbox One)
$39.99
 
Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Breakpoint (Xbox One)
$49.94
 
Kingdom Hearts III (Xbox One)
$19.99
 
Dangerous Driving (Xbox One)
$19.99
 
Anthem (Xbox One)
$14.99
 
Lego DC Supervillains (Xbox One)
$19.99
 
Fallout 76 (Xbox One)
$17.00
 
Sniper Elite V2 (Xbox One)
$31.90
 
Farming Simulator 19 (Xbox One)
$29.99
 
Gears 5 (Xbox One)
$49.94
 
Warhammer: Chaosbane (Xbox One)
$29.99
 
What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out


Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Gaming > Xbox > Xbox One


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-02-2014, 08:39 PM   #21
ReverendSlim ReverendSlim is offline
Power Member
 
ReverendSlim's Avatar
 
Oct 2009
Mobile, AL
24
68
785
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derb View Post


Wow, everyone's entitled to their opinion of course but you honestly believe Ghosts looks bad? You should check the other 28 games on PS4 then. This game couldn't be anymore "polished" IMO.
Part of it is the same old art style they always use for CoD games... but I'm not saying that Ghosts looks BAD. What I'm saying is that the leap from 360/PS3 to Xbox One/PS4 just isn't all that significant compared to many of the other cross-gen games. It's worse in contrast to how much better Battlefield 4 looks this time out than its predecessors (as busted as it is), whereas Ghosts doesn't immediately wow you any more than Black Ops 2 did (and I would argue that Black Ops 2 had the better map design and spawning, but that's a whole other discussion).

Does it look better on next-gen? Of course. Does it look "OMG, I GOTTA SPEND $400-$500 BECAUSE THIS IS AWESOME!" better? Nope. The differences just aren't that big between the current and next-gen versions outside of a few subtleties (and obviously, increased resolution for rendering). It's just lazy cross-generation development on their part... though honestly, that's understandable, because it's a launch title. But the scarier part is that it could just be laziness because it's Call Of Duty... and still using the same tired-ass engine they keep iterating on.

So I stand by my response to djkest's statement that the graphics aren't nearly as good as they could be. They're not, even compared to other cross-gen launch titles.
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2014, 09:00 PM   #22
ObiWanShinobi ObiWanShinobi is offline
Power Member
 
ObiWanShinobi's Avatar
 
Nov 2010
Jackson, MS
407
1
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReverendSlim View Post
Part of it is the same old art style they always use for CoD games... but I'm not saying that Ghosts looks BAD. What I'm saying is that the leap from 360/PS3 to Xbox One/PS4 just isn't all that significant compared to many of the other cross-gen games. It's worse in contrast to how much better Battlefield 4 looks this time out than its predecessors (as busted as it is), whereas Ghosts doesn't immediately wow you any more than Black Ops 2 did (and I would argue that Black Ops 2 had the better map design and spawning, but that's a whole other discussion).

Does it look better on next-gen? Of course. Does it look "OMG, I GOTTA SPEND $400-$500 BECAUSE THIS IS AWESOME!" better? Nope. The differences just aren't that big between the current and next-gen versions outside of a few subtleties (and obviously, increased resolution for rendering). It's just lazy cross-generation development on their part... though honestly, that's understandable, because it's a launch title. But the scarier part is that it could just be laziness because it's Call Of Duty... and still using the same tired-ass engine they keep iterating on.

So I stand by my response to djkest's statement that the graphics aren't nearly as good as they could be. They're not, even compared to other cross-gen launch titles.
True, but that can be said for pretty much EVERY game that launched for next-gen consoles in one way or another. Sure Killzone SF and Ryse Son of Rome have that next-gen gloss...but gameplay-wise they're slightly above average, IF that. I agree though, Ghosts and Assassins Creed Black Flag are basically current gen games with next-gen gloss. They do look better, noticeably better, but that's to be expected these days...remember Perfect Dark Zero? It was basically a high-def Xbox game.

...I bit and bought both a One and PS4. Can't help it...videogame consoles are the ONE thing I feel I have to be an early adopter on. I think I have a problem

Last edited by ObiWanShinobi; 01-02-2014 at 09:03 PM.
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2014, 09:19 PM   #23
ReverendSlim ReverendSlim is offline
Power Member
 
ReverendSlim's Avatar
 
Oct 2009
Mobile, AL
24
68
785
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ObiWanShinobi View Post
...I bit and bought both a One and PS4. Can't help it...videogame consoles are the ONE thing I feel I have to be an early adopter on. I think I have a problem
Man, that's an awesome problem to have though! I had considered snagging a PS4, but none of the launch exclusives grabbed me... and I still have a backlog of 360 games that I'm slowly motoring through, even after getting my Xbox One.

Seriously, though... I can't wait to see what they do with a CoD game when they actually have time to devote to the next-gen versions. Ghosts just feels rushed in many ways, or at its worst, totally phoned in. The improvements they made just weren't made where they would have counted most. Personally, I'm hoping they stop beating that engine to death and move up to something more modern. It's time CoD got a refresh.
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2014, 09:40 PM   #24
ObiWanShinobi ObiWanShinobi is offline
Power Member
 
ObiWanShinobi's Avatar
 
Nov 2010
Jackson, MS
407
1
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReverendSlim View Post
Man, that's an awesome problem to have though! I had considered snagging a PS4, but none of the launch exclusives grabbed me... and I still have a backlog of 360 games that I'm slowly motoring through, even after getting my Xbox One.

Seriously, though... I can't wait to see what they do with a CoD game when they actually have time to devote to the next-gen versions. Ghosts just feels rushed in many ways, or at its worst, totally phoned in. The improvements they made just weren't made where they would have counted most. Personally, I'm hoping they stop beating that engine to death and move up to something more modern. It's time CoD got a refresh.
If I had to guess, it will be a couple of years before we see a CoD game that's designed from the ground up with next-gen hardware in mind. I see them doing the same thing next year by just sprucing up the current gen versions with better textures, lighting, and higher resolution then calling it a day.

One of my BIGGEST complaints when it comes to the graphics are those horrible jerky character animations they've been using since 2005...or so it would seem.

By the way, is it just me or does Ghosts have the shortest campaign of all the CoD games? It was insanely short!
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2014, 09:47 PM   #25
ReverendSlim ReverendSlim is offline
Power Member
 
ReverendSlim's Avatar
 
Oct 2009
Mobile, AL
24
68
785
Default

I don't think it was the shortest. I think MW2 still has that honor.

I liked the Ghosts campaign... but y'know, they need to stop hyping it when they have a Hollywood writer on board, because it never turns out like someone with sense wrote anything. They had a top-tier guy on Ghosts, but the story isn't fleshed out much at all.
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2014, 09:24 AM   #26
sukraj sukraj is offline
Blu-ray Baron
 
sukraj's Avatar
 
Jul 2011
UK
19
154
18
Default

Ryse Son of Rome
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2014, 04:49 AM   #27
Gardenofstone10 Gardenofstone10 is offline
Blu-ray Ninja
 
Gardenofstone10's Avatar
 
Jan 2010
Detroit, MI
120
8
247
Default

Call of Duty Ghosts...I didn't go to start it. I snapped to get into a party with my friends and it auto loaded so I just rolled with it and did a few matches of hardcore kill confirmed!
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2014, 06:41 PM   #28
sukraj sukraj is offline
Blu-ray Baron
 
sukraj's Avatar
 
Jul 2011
UK
19
154
18
Default

Dead Rising 3
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2014, 07:22 PM   #29
Derb Derb is online now
Blu-ray Baron
 
Derb's Avatar
 
Sep 2008
Vancouver, B.C.
11
45
3276
4
3
7
1
2
51
Default

Ot - I hate iPads sometimes.

Anyway, I wanna set sum time for Max & Halo. I noticed the cut scenes in Max seemed like frames were jumping around lol The game itself though reminds me of Limbo with color.

I can't get enough of Forzavista mode. It's so realistic. Your own personal car showroom. I managed to finish another race series with a BMW M3. That car is definitely the hardest car to drive.. So far.. IMO Turn 10 messed up with it. An M3 car should not spin out as easily as it does in the game. 80% of every single part in an M BMW car is custom modded from Germany. In Forza, the car handled like a Honda Civic with a V10 @ 600hp Was def not easy to get gold in all races but I learned how to drift a bit better because of their mistake on this car.
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2014, 07:39 AM   #30
Gardenofstone10 Gardenofstone10 is offline
Blu-ray Ninja
 
Gardenofstone10's Avatar
 
Jan 2010
Detroit, MI
120
8
247
Default

Peggle 2
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2014, 08:31 AM   #31
sukraj sukraj is offline
Blu-ray Baron
 
sukraj's Avatar
 
Jul 2011
UK
19
154
18
Default

Fifa 14
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2014, 06:35 PM   #32
owa owa is offline
Blu-ray Knight
 
owa's Avatar
 
Apr 2007
96
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ObiWanShinobi View Post
By the way, is it just me or does Ghosts have the shortest campaign of all the CoD games? It was insanely short!
It's definitely very short. I started out playing it on the X1 (got around 3/4 the way through it) but then decided I'd rather play it on the PS4 so I got it for it and finished it in a few hours (and I'm usually pretty slow to complete games). It has some really cool gaming moments though so I continue to buy CoD and BF even though I don't use the online aspect of them. It should be cool to see what they can do (graphics-wise) once they get up to speed on the new consoles.
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2014, 08:41 AM   #33
sukraj sukraj is offline
Blu-ray Baron
 
sukraj's Avatar
 
Jul 2011
UK
19
154
18
Default

Dead Rising 3
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2014, 02:54 AM   #34
Gardenofstone10 Gardenofstone10 is offline
Blu-ray Ninja
 
Gardenofstone10's Avatar
 
Jan 2010
Detroit, MI
120
8
247
Default

Lego Marvel Super Heroes
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2014, 08:42 AM   #35
sukraj sukraj is offline
Blu-ray Baron
 
sukraj's Avatar
 
Jul 2011
UK
19
154
18
Default

Fifa 14
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2014, 02:21 PM   #36
sukraj sukraj is offline
Blu-ray Baron
 
sukraj's Avatar
 
Jul 2011
UK
19
154
18
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by owa View Post
It's definitely very short. I started out playing it on the X1 (got around 3/4 the way through it) but then decided I'd rather play it on the PS4 so I got it for it and finished it in a few hours (and I'm usually pretty slow to complete games). It has some really cool gaming moments though so I continue to buy CoD and BF even though I don't use the online aspect of them. It should be cool to see what they can do (graphics-wise) once they get up to speed on the new consoles.
I'm thinking of getting battlefield 4 for the xbox one but ive heard the single player is very short so I think I will wait until the game is in the bargain bin.
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2014, 07:28 PM   #37
owa owa is offline
Blu-ray Knight
 
owa's Avatar
 
Apr 2007
96
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sukraj View Post
I'm thinking of getting battlefield 4 for the xbox one but ive heard the single player is very short so I think I will wait until the game is in the bargain bin.
Yeah, it is short as well. If I hadn't struggled with a section or two in BF4, I think it probably would have taken me about the same amount of time to complete it as it did with CoD Ghosts. For a SP comparison (and of course, just IMO), BF4 has the better graphics and sound so it feels a little more like a next-gen experience but CoD Ghosts had more cinematic / fun "gaming moments". I enjoyed both though and I'm fine with them being short but I think most people, if they're not into the MP aspect, it is probably better to wait for the bargain bin, like you're thinking about doing.
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2014, 02:11 PM   #38
sukraj sukraj is offline
Blu-ray Baron
 
sukraj's Avatar
 
Jul 2011
UK
19
154
18
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by owa View Post
Yeah, it is short as well. If I hadn't struggled with a section or two in BF4, I think it probably would have taken me about the same amount of time to complete it as it did with CoD Ghosts. For a SP comparison (and of course, just IMO), BF4 has the better graphics and sound so it feels a little more like a next-gen experience but CoD Ghosts had more cinematic / fun "gaming moments". I enjoyed both though and I'm fine with them being short but I think most people, if they're not into the MP aspect, it is probably better to wait for the bargain bin, like you're thinking about doing.
that's the thing I'm not into MP games I'm more of a single player gamer so I'll take ur advice and wait until BF4 comes down in price.
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2014, 02:11 PM   #39
sukraj sukraj is offline
Blu-ray Baron
 
sukraj's Avatar
 
Jul 2011
UK
19
154
18
Default

Ryse Son of Rome
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2014, 02:49 AM   #40
cbs777 cbs777 is offline
Expert Member
 
cbs777's Avatar
 
May 2010
4
217
5137
2
4
Default

Just finished DR3, starting COD:Ghosts.
  Reply With Quote
Reply
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Gaming > Xbox > Xbox One


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 04:12 PM.