Best Anime Deals

Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Japan
Gatchaman (Blu-ray)
$65.99
 
The Big O: Complete Collection (Blu-ray)
$52.99
 
A Silent Voice (Blu-ray)
$19.99
 
Kimagure Orange Road: The Complete OVA Series & Movie (Blu-ray)
$38.19
 
Wolf Children (Blu-ray)
$14.63
 
Sailor Moon S: The Movie (Blu-ray)
$14.86
 
Elfen Lied: Complete Collection Plus OVA (Blu-ray)
$66.29
 
Sorcerer Hunters: The Complete TV Series and OVA (Blu-ray)
$31.82
 
Nichijou - My Ordinary Life: Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$45.69
 
Cutie Honey Universe: Complete Collection (Blu-ray)
$86.19
 
The Case of Hana & Alice (Blu-ray)
$21.99
 
Attack on Titan: Season 3 Part 1 (Blu-ray)
$39.79
 
What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out


Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Anime


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-06-2014, 03:40 PM   #21
celticmoon celticmoon is offline
Blu-ray Samurai
 
Apr 2011
230
2
32
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by FREYMAX 3D View Post
Well, if they run the Kickstarter right, and they bring out new stretch goal tiers every so often during the pledge period, then you may find you'll want something new they offer in addition to just the Blu-ray, and so change your pledge level to a higher tier. Just sit back and check in to the Kickstarter on a regular basis to see what the next stretch goal will be, and if something new appeals to you, just hit the "Manage Your Pledge" button...

To see what I mean, check out my post #13 in the Time of EVE Kickstarter thread...

https://forum.blu-ray.com/showthread.php?t=234758

I first pledged the regular Blu-ray level, then they offered an English Fan book as a stretch goal, and I upped my pledge to $85; Then they offered the coffee cup/saucer sets and Evlend coffee canisters as two separate stretch goals, and so I upped my pledge again to the $145 level. Then I wanted more coffee cups for my theater room, and I contacted them to see if I could purchase additional sets on the side. That one cost me, especially to ship all that from Japan, lol...
Thanks for the info. I get it know. I had no idea about the "stretch goals" and such.

Definitely thinking of pledging $40CAD for the Wafku series listed above as well. That's insane how much content will be in that BD release due to meeting the stretch goals.
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2014, 03:49 PM   #22
FREYMAX 3D FREYMAX 3D is offline
Banned
 
Aug 2010
34
584
33
9
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by celticmoon View Post
Thanks for the info. I get it know. I had no idea about the "stretch goals" and such.

Definitely thinking of pledging $40CAD for the Wafku series listed above as well. That's insane how much content will be in that BD release due to meeting the stretch goals.
Yeah, and they're not done with Wakfu yet, there's 12 days to go and they have 4 more stretch goals listed at the bottom of the page in that chart that could be added if the pledges go high enough...

I should clarify, there's both Stretch Goals and new Tiers that can be added to a Kickstarter during the pledge period - Stretch goals are something that gets added to the product for everyone, where as new tiers can be added for additional perks/accessories for more pledge $$. The Fan Book and Coffee cup/canisters were all new Tiers that were added to the Time of EVE Kickstarter during the pledge period, rather than being stretch goals...

As for Mai Mai, they announced this morning that the first stretch goal (not a new tier) would be $60,000 for the English dub... That should be easily reachable within a couple of days of new pledges - plus when they post samples of what the Art book will look like this weekend, I'm sure quite a few peple will up their pledge to the $130 Art Book + BD level - including me, possibly - so that will help increase the $$ too!

Last edited by FREYMAX 3D; 02-06-2014 at 04:01 PM.
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2014, 04:30 AM   #23
Vracer111 Vracer111 is offline
Special Member
 
Vracer111's Avatar
 
Feb 2011
34
169
92
7
13
Default

I just went in for Mai-Mai Miracle, Blu-Ray only level...

Passing on Wakfu...
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2014, 12:21 PM   #24
FREYMAX 3D FREYMAX 3D is offline
Banned
 
Aug 2010
34
584
33
9
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vracer111 View Post
I just went in for Mai-Mai Miracle, Blu-Ray only level...

Passing on Wakfu...
I only went for the basic Wakfu Blu-ray as well, mainly just to support the Kickstarter, and more for just the fun of participating - it's not really something I'm that interested in - But $36 US for 2 seasons was a fair bargain - and maybe my daughter will like it...
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2014, 04:04 PM   #25
Talyn Talyn is offline
Blu-ray Samurai
 
Talyn's Avatar
 
Sep 2011
East of Ale Asylum
504
1
45
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by FREYMAX 3D View Post
Yeah, and they're not done with Wakfu yet, there's 12 days to go and they have 4 more stretch goals listed at the bottom of the page in that chart that could be added if the pledges go high enough...

I should clarify, there's both Stretch Goals and new Tiers that can be added to a Kickstarter during the pledge period - Stretch goals are something that gets added to the product for everyone, where as new tiers can be added for additional perks/accessories for more pledge $$. The Fan Book and Coffee cup/canisters were all new Tiers that were added to the Time of EVE Kickstarter during the pledge period, rather than being stretch goals...

As for Mai Mai, they announced this morning that the first stretch goal (not a new tier) would be $60,000 for the English dub... That should be easily reachable within a couple of days of new pledges - plus when they post samples of what the Art book will look like this weekend, I'm sure quite a few peple will up their pledge to the $130 Art Book + BD level - including me, possibly - so that will help increase the $$ too!
They already sent out the update, this morning, showing samples of what they hope to do with the artbook. Looks awesome, but tough price to take...
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2014, 04:19 PM   #26
Tellymon Tellymon is offline
Power Member
 
Tellymon's Avatar
 
Nov 2012
21
8
55
Default

I'm gonna back both of those titles on abouts the 15th. 9x Wakfu artbooks with collectors box sounds so neat! Wish I had that kind of dough for it. Might just try to pledge for the $68 option with 2 artbooks. This kickstarter thing is so fun
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2014, 04:52 PM   #27
FREYMAX 3D FREYMAX 3D is offline
Banned
 
Aug 2010
34
584
33
9
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talyn View Post
They already sent out the update, this morning, showing samples of what they hope to do with the artbook. Looks awesome, but tough price to take...
Someone did ask in the comments if the art book would be signed - if they could actually get Sunao Katabuchi to sign all the art books, I'd probably spring for one, then... haha!
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2014, 07:44 PM   #28
Talyn Talyn is offline
Blu-ray Samurai
 
Talyn's Avatar
 
Sep 2011
East of Ale Asylum
504
1
45
Default

That would be kick ass....and a little more tolerable if that happens....

say....odd question, why is there an Australian flag on this thread?
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2014, 08:15 PM   #29
FREYMAX 3D FREYMAX 3D is offline
Banned
 
Aug 2010
34
584
33
9
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talyn View Post
That would be kick ass....and a little more tolerable if that happens....

say....odd question, why is there an Australian flag on this thread?
I believe the OP is from Australia... but anime kickstarters are usually international, so... here we are!
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2014, 11:25 PM   #30
jala12 jala12 is offline
Expert Member
 
jala12's Avatar
 
Apr 2011
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by celticmoon View Post
Thanks for the info. I get it know. I had no idea about the "stretch goals" and such.

Definitely thinking of pledging $40CAD for the Wafku series listed above as well. That's insane how much content will be in that BD release due to meeting the stretch goals.
You should. Not only is $36 US a steal for all of the content that you're getting, but other than the artbooks, none of this stuff is or will be made available again after the Kickstarter. It helps that the series is pretty good too.

Quote:
Passing on Wakfu...
Something tells me that you'll change your mind as the days draw nearer to the end of the campaign.

On another note, of all the anime pledges that I've contributed to, LWA2 is probably the earliest "pre-order" I've ever done, lol. I do wonder how far they are into its production. Apparently the actual episode will be released sometime near the end of the year?
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2014, 12:37 AM   #31
FREYMAX 3D FREYMAX 3D is offline
Banned
 
Aug 2010
34
584
33
9
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jala12 View Post
You should. Not only is $36 US a steal for all of the content that you're getting, but other than the artbooks, none of this stuff is or will be made available again after the Kickstarter. It helps that the series is pretty good too.



Something tells me that you'll change your mind as the days draw nearer to the end of the campaign.

On another note, of all the anime pledges that I've contributed to, LWA2 is probably the earliest "pre-order" I've ever done, lol. I do wonder how far they are into its production. Apparently the actual episode will be released sometime near the end of the year?
Yeah, these Kickstarters do seem to take a very long time, you really have to be patient with them - knowing what all you're getting ahead of time, and in minute detail, makes the waiting even worse! But with all the extra-nice stuff you get with them, it's definitely worth a little patience for the extended wait. Time of EVE pledged in June of last year, and the Blu-ray was first supposed to be ready to ship in October, then December, then January, February, and now March - when I think it will finally ship. So it's already been delayed 5 months now... And LWA 2 is going to take a very long time because they have to do the entire episode from scratch...
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2014, 06:40 AM   #32
jala12 jala12 is offline
Expert Member
 
jala12's Avatar
 
Apr 2011
Default

I think they're only at the pre-production stage at this point. The studio is likely still busy finishing up Kll la Kill.
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2014, 02:12 PM   #33
FREYMAX 3D FREYMAX 3D is offline
Banned
 
Aug 2010
34
584
33
9
Default

So Mai Mai Miracle surpassed both 1000 pledges to get the Digital content to be included with the Blu-ray, and the $60,000 stretch goal for the English dub... so we're moving right along. Looks like the next stretch goal at $75,000 will be a replica theater pamphlet of some kind, they're voting between it and a commentary track, and the pamphlet was winning...
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2014, 05:45 AM   #34
Thomas Guycott Thomas Guycott is offline
Blu-ray Ninja
 
Thomas Guycott's Avatar
 
Feb 2012
USA
1
398
2
Default

I bit the bullet and pitched in for Wakfu.

Anime in French!
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2014, 02:52 PM   #35
jala12 jala12 is offline
Expert Member
 
jala12's Avatar
 
Apr 2011
Default

The majority of the current Wakfu stretch goals have now been reached with the current stretch at 400k to make a new episode unfettered by TV broadcast restrictions. Currently we're sitting at around 333k and steadily climbing.

For those still on the fence, there is no better time to pledge than now. There are now only 3 days left in the campaign and after this the blu rays will NOT be made available for purchase.
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2014, 07:02 PM   #36
FREYMAX 3D FREYMAX 3D is offline
Banned
 
Aug 2010
34
584
33
9
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jala12 View Post
The majority of the current Wakfu stretch goals have now been reached with the current stretch at 400k to make a new episode unfettered by TV broadcast restrictions. Currently we're sitting at around 333k and steadily climbing.

For those still on the fence, there is no better time to pledge than now. There are now only 3 days left in the campaign and after this the blu rays will NOT be made available for purchase.
I had posted in their comments when they first announced that goal that they would never make it to $450K with the remaining time, I guess they realized that and decided to lower the goal by $50K - still going to be tough to get to $400K, but at least that's a bit more reachable goal...
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2014, 06:32 AM   #37
Norbie Norbie is offline
Power Member
 
Norbie's Avatar
 
Oct 2010
The Milky Way
698
131
9
Australia Mai Mai Miracle

Quote:
Originally Posted by FREYMAX 3D View Post
... Looks like the next stretch goal at $75,000 will be a replica theater pamphlet of some kind, they're voting between it and a commentary track, and the pamphlet was winning...
And the pamphlet has won!

Hurray for democracy.......... Yay....
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2014, 03:26 PM   #38
FREYMAX 3D FREYMAX 3D is offline
Banned
 
Aug 2010
34
584
33
9
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Norbie View Post
And the pamphlet has won!

Hurray for democracy.......... Yay....
Yeah, I voted for the commentary. Physical swag like that pamphlet is just a dust collector and space hogger to me.
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2014, 08:13 PM   #39
essgem essgem is offline
Senior Member
 
essgem's Avatar
 
Oct 2010
Iowa
-
-
-
158
Default

I hadn't heard of Wakfu before this Kickstarter, but decided to go for the lowest blu-ray tier. Debating over the digital OST add-on, but I don't see any info on # of tracks or length.

Edit: I also wonder how big the tofurby plush available for add-on is.

Last edited by essgem; 02-17-2014 at 08:18 PM.
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2014, 11:46 PM   #40
Talyn Talyn is offline
Blu-ray Samurai
 
Talyn's Avatar
 
Sep 2011
East of Ale Asylum
504
1
45
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by FREYMAX 3D View Post
Yeah, I voted for the commentary. Physical swag like that pamphlet is just a dust collector and space hogger to me.
I wouldn't worry, another stretch goal including it very well may happen....atleast that's the word going around.
  Reply With Quote
Reply
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Anime

Tags
anime, kickstarter, manga, projects

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 11:09 AM.