Best Xbox One Game Deals


Best Xbox One Game Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Japan
NHL 20 (Xbox One)
$33.99
 
Control (Xbox One)
$44.75
 
Wreckfest (Xbox One)
$29.99
 
Farming Simulator 19 (Xbox One)
$29.99
 
The Golf Club 2019 Featuring PGA Tour (Xbox One)
$14.99
 
Wreckfest (Xbox One)
$52.99
 
Plants vs. Zombies: Battle for Neighborville (Xbox One)
$32.75
 
F1 2019 (Xbox One)
$44.99
20 hrs ago
Zombieland: Double Tap - Roadtrip (Xbox One)
$32.88
 
Crash Team Racing: Nitro Fueled (Xbox One)
$29.99
 
Anthem (Xbox One)
$9.99
 
Hitman 2 (Xbox One)
$21.78
 
What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out


Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Gaming > Xbox > Xbox One


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-18-2014, 07:35 PM   #21
Kinsella5 Kinsella5 is offline
Blu-ray Ninja
 
Kinsella5's Avatar
 
Feb 2008
Arkham Asylum
4
112
Default

More than likely the "Collection" will be offered first as a bundle-only and then later on individual titles will be released, much like what they do for boxed Blu-ray sets (aka Alien, Indiana Jones, etc).

I would think many Halo fans would have purchased Halo: Combat Evolved 10th Anniversary Edition when it came out, so those having to re-purchase it again as part of the "Collection" would not make for happy gamers, but again, if the boxed set is priced affordable, some gamers won't mind the double-dip. I can see it being $39.99 for the collection, maybe $49.99, but that would be stretching it a bit, since most Halo players would have already played through the games, and this would mainly appeal to those who have never played Halo before. But I still think you will see individual release eventually maybe at a $19.99-$24.99 price point.
  Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2014, 07:50 PM   #22
MerrickG MerrickG is offline
Blu-ray Knight
 
MerrickG's Avatar
 
Sep 2007
College Station, TX
2
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kinsella5 View Post
More than likely the "Collection" will be offered first as a bundle-only and then later on individual titles will be released, much like what they do for boxed Blu-ray sets (aka Alien, Indiana Jones, etc).

I would think many Halo fans would have purchased Halo: Combat Evolved 10th Anniversary Edition when it came out, so those having to re-purchase it again as part of the "Collection" would not make for happy gamers, but again, if the boxed set is priced affordable, some gamers won't mind the double-dip. I can see it being $39.99 for the collection, maybe $49.99, but that would be stretching it a bit, since most Halo players would have already played through the games, and this would mainly appeal to those who have never played Halo before. But I still think you will see individual release eventually maybe at a $19.99-$24.99 price point.
OH OK. You're one of those people that thinks that just because you purchased the game on the 360 that you should be entitled to get the Xbox One version....

I hate this mentality so much.
  Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2014, 08:11 PM   #23
Kinsella5 Kinsella5 is offline
Blu-ray Ninja
 
Kinsella5's Avatar
 
Feb 2008
Arkham Asylum
4
112
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MerrickG View Post
OH OK. You're one of those people that thinks that just because you purchased the game on the 360 that you should be entitled to get the Xbox One version....

I hate this mentality so much.
And I hate when people make assumptions.

Where did I point out that I feel entitled to anything? I didn't. Maybe you should re-read my posting, if you still don't get what I was saying, maybe someone can explain it to you. I shared my opinion on it being offered as a bundle first and then individual releases more than likely later on, and that it needs to be a proper price point for gamers....ALL gamers regardless of system or if they have played them before. Re-releasing Combat Evolved 10th Anniversary as part of the collection and charging a premium for it would not make gamers happy, ask someone if they like to pay for the same game twice, chances are they will say no.

Oh, and for the record, I don't even own an XBOX One, and have no desire to replay Halo, I played it when it first came out and that was enough for me, I am not one who goes back and replays a game later on, I finish it and move on. So your attack really was uncalled for.
  Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2014, 08:21 PM   #24
detective392 detective392 is offline
Blu-ray Baron
 
detective392's Avatar
 
Jul 2008
Champlin, MN
3
439
293
21
Default

I don't see this being more than $60 which for 4 full games is a steal regardless if you already own any of the 4. I don't see the games being released separately except maybe H2A. Unless you can get them for dirt cheap like $5 buying the collection is the cheaper option if you want all 4 or even 2 of the 4.
  Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2014, 09:17 PM   #25
Edword Edword is offline
Blu-ray Champion
 
Edword's Avatar
 
Jul 2011
SoCal, CA
131
725
58
215
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MerrickG View Post
But why would anybody want to buy JUST 2? If you want Halo 2 you would also likely want at least 1 and 3. Probably 4 too.

I don't know of a single person who says 2 is their favorite.
Halo 2 is my favorite Halo game. I would rate them H2 > H1 > H3 > Halo Wars >>>>> Halo: Reach/ODST. Haven't played 4 yet. Reach and ODST were my least favorites and I think the stories were awful.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MerrickG View Post
OH OK. You're one of those people that thinks that just because you purchased the game on the 360 that you should be entitled to get the Xbox One version....

I hate this mentality so much.
He said nothing of the sorts. He said that a lot of people who already bought and played H:CE Anni on the 360 would probably not want to re-buy it on the Xbox One, especially for a premium price. Nothing about entitlement.
  Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2014, 11:12 AM   #26
ariakon ariakon is offline
Blu-ray Guru
 
ariakon's Avatar
 
Dec 2009
VA
47
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dyne View Post
Because it's called The Master Chief Collection?
Well, yeah, I know that, but they could have used a different name. I don't think there were any conversations that went:

Hey, do you want us to upgrade Reach too?

What the hell are you talking about? We're going to call this the MASTER CHIEF collection! Get out of my office! Get the hell out!

Or maybe there were. Who knows?


And Edword, I liked 2 and 3 the least for the same reason, I didn't like where they took the storyline. 1 was my fav, then Reach, 4, 3, and 2. ODST I thought was just an expansion pack. Fun, but unnecessary.

Last edited by ariakon; 05-19-2014 at 11:21 AM.
  Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2014, 12:18 PM   #27
PrestigeWorldwide PrestigeWorldwide is offline
Special Member
 
PrestigeWorldwide's Avatar
 
Aug 2013
Sugar Land, TX
13
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ariakon View Post
1 was my fav, then Reach, 4, 3, and 2. ODST I thought was just an expansion pack. Fun, but unnecessary.
I agree with that order for the most part. Really enjoyed 1, Reach, and 4. Thought 2 was ok, 3 is my least favorite, and I skipped ODST. Undecided about getting the Master Chief collection. I want to replay 2 again with updated graphics since it's been so long, but it's not something that's a high priority since it's among my least favorite Halo games. I have no desire to play through Halo 3 again and I'm keeping my 360, so I can easily play Halo CE anniversary, Reach, and Halo 4 on it.
  Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2014, 12:44 PM   #28
tigertron tigertron is offline
Blu-ray Ninja
 
tigertron's Avatar
 
Aug 2010
11
272
32
24
2
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MerrickG View Post
But why would anybody want to buy JUST 2? If you want Halo 2 you would also likely want at least 1 and 3. Probably 4 too.

I don't know of a single person who says 2 is their favorite.
2 is my least favourite, but if all CE Anniversary, 3 and 4 offers me is just 1080p/60fps and I can't transfer my stats/saves then I won't bother re buying. I'd rather have a remake of 2 which offers me something new (graphically at least).

People like choice. I was very annoyed when EA released the Mass Effect Trilogy on the PS3 and didn't sell ME1 on it's own as a disc, I had to download it which at the time took ages...but the fact is, it would be more appealing to let people decide what to buy, rather than group games together for more money that people may not want.
  Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2014, 02:26 PM   #29
MerrickG MerrickG is offline
Blu-ray Knight
 
MerrickG's Avatar
 
Sep 2007
College Station, TX
2
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tigertron View Post
2 is my least favourite, but if all CE Anniversary, 3 and 4 offers me is just 1080p/60fps and I can't transfer my stats/saves then I won't bother re buying. I'd rather have a remake of 2 which offers me something new (graphically at least).

People like choice. I was very annoyed when EA released the Mass Effect Trilogy on the PS3 and didn't sell ME1 on it's own as a disc, I had to download it which at the time took ages...but the fact is, it would be more appealing to let people decide what to buy, rather than group games together for more money that people may not want.
I would imagine that all games will eventually get their own individual releases.
but who knows. Hopefully these will get announced.

However, I will be miffed if Halo 2 Anniversary gets a full blown graphical update the way Halo Anniversary did, but the Halo 2 in the collection is only a port then I will be miffed.
  Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2014, 02:31 PM   #30
MerrickG MerrickG is offline
Blu-ray Knight
 
MerrickG's Avatar
 
Sep 2007
College Station, TX
2
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kinsella5 View Post
Re-releasing Combat Evolved 10th Anniversary as part of the collection and charging a premium for it would not make gamers happy, ask someone if they like to pay for the same game twice, chances are they will say no.
Who wants to pay for ANYTHING? I'd love everything to be free. Why should anybody be upset? That's the problem I have. There is this massive group of people that thinks that just because they got a game (not necessarily you. Apologies for my previous post making it seem like I was referring to you) on the previous gen system that they are owed the game on current gen at a discount OR in the worst of cases free.

To me it is no different than buying a movie on DVD and then buying the bluray years later.

It's just frustrating.
  Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2014, 03:36 PM   #31
Steelmaker Steelmaker is online now
Blu-ray Champion
 
Steelmaker's Avatar
 
Mar 2007
Chattanooga, TN
1
1
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MerrickG View Post
Who wants to pay for ANYTHING? I'd love everything to be free. Why should anybody be upset? That's the problem I have. There is this massive group of people that thinks that just because they got a game (not necessarily you. Apologies for my previous post making it seem like I was referring to you) on the previous gen system that they are owed the game on current gen at a discount OR in the worst of cases free.

To me it is no different than buying a movie on DVD and then buying the bluray years later.

It's just frustrating.
I think in a lot of cases it just comes down to paying what is perceived as a fair price for the product. The reason some gamers probably feel that way Merrick is that a port of a last gen game doesn't require a company anywhere near the same amount of time, trouble, and resources as it does a brand new game designed from the ground up. Many feel that charging 60.00 for a port of a last gen game is a shameless "cash grab." Now in the case of a Halo collection I think 60.00 would absolutely be a fair price considering the amount of content in the package. Likewise, The Last of Us: Remastered would be worth 60.00 IMO considering the bump in graphics/frame rate and they are including all of the DLC in one package.
  Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2014, 03:43 PM   #32
MerrickG MerrickG is offline
Blu-ray Knight
 
MerrickG's Avatar
 
Sep 2007
College Station, TX
2
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steelmaker View Post
I think in a lot of cases it just comes down to paying what is perceived as a fair price for the product. The reason some gamers probably feel that way Merrick is that a port of a last gen game doesn't require a company anywhere near the same amount of time, trouble, and resources as it does a brand new game designed from the ground up. Many feel that charging 60.00 for a port of a last gen game is a shameless "cash grab." Now in the case of a Halo collection I think 60.00 would absolutely be a fair price considering the amount of content in the package. Likewise, The Last of Us: Remastered would be worth 60.00 IMO considering the bump in graphics/frame rate and they are including all of the DLC in one package.
If people want to argue price that's fine. I think $60 for Last of Us is a little much. I certainly won't pay $60 for Halo 2 anniversary, but easily pay $60 for the a Halo 1-4 set, which I wouldn't be surprised is more expensive.

I am debating whether I will get Last of Us Day 1 OR wait for it to drop in price. Since I have already played it on PS3 I am more inclined to do just that.

Last edited by MerrickG; 05-19-2014 at 04:23 PM.
  Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2014, 07:20 PM   #33
Steelmaker Steelmaker is online now
Blu-ray Champion
 
Steelmaker's Avatar
 
Mar 2007
Chattanooga, TN
1
1
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MerrickG View Post
If people want to argue price that's fine. I think $60 for Last of Us is a little much. I certainly won't pay $60 for Halo 2 anniversary, but easily pay $60 for the a Halo 1-4 set, which I wouldn't be surprised is more expensive.

I am debating whether I will get Last of Us Day 1 OR wait for it to drop in price. Since I have already played it on PS3 I am more inclined to do just that.
Reallly? Even considering the bump in graphics and that it will include all DLC, multi player maps, and all difficulty levels unlocked from the get go? To me 60.00 is a very fair price for a package like that.
  Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2014, 07:39 PM   #34
Kinsella5 Kinsella5 is offline
Blu-ray Ninja
 
Kinsella5's Avatar
 
Feb 2008
Arkham Asylum
4
112
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edword View Post
He said nothing of the sorts. He said that a lot of people who already bought and played H:CE Anni on the 360 would probably not want to re-buy it on the Xbox One, especially for a premium price. Nothing about entitlement.
Exactly...thank you Edword.

Sure, a complete collection of Halo 1-4 with all the DLC, remastered for the XBOX One would entice a lot of fans, but it comes down to price. Halo fans have already played the games, and as others have pointed out, they don't want to double-back through the levels again just because it has updated graphics. But at the same time Microsoft wants new people to experience the Halo franchise and this would be a great way to do it so kudos to them for offering the collection. The more I think about it I can see it being between $49.99-$59.99 when it is first released, and then it possibly drop down to $39.99 as a sale price a few months later. But it's Halo, so it will sell regardless.

If it came across that I wasn't a Halo fan, and that I was bashing it, nothing could be further from the truth, lots of fond memories playing Halo, multiplayer was incredibly fun and still is. In fact I was one of the first twelve people as a group to play Halo outside of Bungie long before the game was released, it was quite humbling to experience the game in it's rough form one evening at Microsoft, none of us knew what we were playing but when a group of Bungie employees walked in and announced we were the first to ever play the game outside of Bungie, we knew were in for a treat. I am looking forward to the fifth Halo title as I am sure many others are as well.
  Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2014, 07:44 PM   #35
Kinsella5 Kinsella5 is offline
Blu-ray Ninja
 
Kinsella5's Avatar
 
Feb 2008
Arkham Asylum
4
112
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MerrickG View Post
Who wants to pay for ANYTHING? I'd love everything to be free. Why should anybody be upset? That's the problem I have. There is this massive group of people that thinks that just because they got a game (not necessarily you. Apologies for my previous post making it seem like I was referring to you) on the previous gen system that they are owed the game on current gen at a discount OR in the worst of cases free.

To me it is no different than buying a movie on DVD and then buying the bluray years later.

It's just frustrating.
Apology accepted, achievement unlocked. I agree with what you said, I don't expect anything to be free, I just meant gamers in general would not want to pay again for the first game when they just had purchased and played it a few years ago as part of the Anniversary Edition. It would have to be a substantial upgrade for people to go "Sure I will re-buy it", I guess it can be also looked up as double-dipping like many of us have seen with Blu-ray titles, we buy a film and then later a new version gets released and then another version, etc. That is why I held out from buying The Hobbit films on Blu-ray, I learned my lesson from The Lord of the Rings films to wait for the eventual boxed director's cut set which will ultimately be released sometime next year I imagine. ;-)
  Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2014, 07:48 PM   #36
dyne dyne is offline
Blu-ray Champion
 
dyne's Avatar
 
Feb 2011
23
451
7
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ariakon View Post
ODST I thought was just an expansion pack. Fun, but unnecessary.
It actually started out development as an expansion. Wiki says a "side project" but I know during initial development it was referred to as a Halo 3 Expansion many times.
  Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2014, 07:51 PM   #37
Kinsella5 Kinsella5 is offline
Blu-ray Ninja
 
Kinsella5's Avatar
 
Feb 2008
Arkham Asylum
4
112
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MerrickG View Post
If people want to argue price that's fine. I think $60 for Last of Us is a little much. I certainly won't pay $60 for Halo 2 anniversary, but easily pay $60 for the a Halo 1-4 set, which I wouldn't be surprised is more expensive.

I am debating whether I will get Last of Us Day 1 OR wait for it to drop in price. Since I have already played it on PS3 I am more inclined to do just that.
I agree completely, but I don't think Microsoft will shoot themselves in the foot, they did plenty of that with the XBOX One, and price any of the Halo re-releases for the XBOX One above $29.99-$39.99. They know that Halo fans have already played them so they want to keep them priced competitively at a price point where new gamers will gladly pick them up but the ones who already have played them will go "Hey, that's not bad, I will get them too".

Halo Anniversary was priced I believe at $39.99 when it was first released, personally I think that was about $10 to $15 too high, but they also enticed people to buy it by throwing in that exclusive avatar item, and some people seem to get excited for that stuff. If, or when they, release XBOX One versions, I believe they will be in the $30 price range, maybe $40 tops, any higher and I think you will find the bulk of the gamers not picking them up and then you will see a healthy price drop.

By the way, nice avatar photo, I too am a Christopher Lloyd fan.
  Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2014, 07:58 PM   #38
guidofistpimp guidofistpimp is offline
Banned
 
Jun 2012
43
Default

if any expects to see these sub $60 you're dreaming, every single port so far on both consoles has been $60.
  Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2014, 08:02 PM   #39
Kinsella5 Kinsella5 is offline
Blu-ray Ninja
 
Kinsella5's Avatar
 
Feb 2008
Arkham Asylum
4
112
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by guidofistpimp View Post
if any expects to see these sub $60 you're dreaming, every single port so far on both consoles has been $60.
I don't think anyone expects the collection to be less than $60 (although you never know it could be $49.99 but that is probably unrealistic on my part) but you think they would price each individual release for $60? I can't imagine they would do that, but then again, I didn't think MS would force the Kinect onto the XBOX One user either, and they did....until they got wise and changed that.
  Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2014, 08:05 PM   #40
guidofistpimp guidofistpimp is offline
Banned
 
Jun 2012
43
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kinsella5 View Post
I don't think anyone expects the collection to be less than $60 (although you never know it could be $49.99 but that is probably unrealistic on my part) but you think they would price each individual release for $60? I can't imagine they would do that, but then again, I didn't think MS would force the Kinect onto the XBOX One user either, and they did....until they got wise and changed that.
i meant individually but i also would be shocked if the collection came in at anything under $100
  Reply With Quote
Reply
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Gaming > Xbox > Xbox One


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 07:10 PM.