Best Xbox One Game Deals

Best Xbox One Game Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Japan
NHL 20 (Xbox One)
$33.99

WWE 2K19 (Xbox One)
$9.99
2 hrs ago
Control (Xbox One)
$44.75

The Golf Club 2019 Featuring PGA Tour (Xbox One)
$14.99

Hitman 2 (Xbox One)
$21.99

Plants vs. Zombies: Battle for Neighborville (Xbox One)
$32.75

Anthem (Xbox One)
$9.99

Crash Team Racing: Nitro Fueled (Xbox One)
$29.99

Final Fantasy X | X-2 (Xbox One)
$29.99

The Division 2 (Xbox One)
$46.29
16 hrs ago
Soul Calibur VI (Xbox One)
$49.97

The Crew 2 (Xbox One)
$48.99
8 hrs ago
What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Gaming > Xbox > Xbox One

Old 04-17-2016, 11:08 PM   #41
Power Member

Nov 2007
Kentucky

I played Gears of War ultimate edition the minute it launched. I bought the digital version on Xbox and had it downloaded and ready to go on release night. I should get my beta code tomorrow then. Thanks guys.
Old 04-18-2016, 04:09 PM   #42
Blu-ray Archduke

Mar 2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by UK_fan_05 View Post
If you played the UE on launch day then you will get a code tomorrow. You get your code according to when you first played the UE so if you didn't play it until this year or late last year it might be the 21st before you get it. Early Access starts tomorrow and codes will be rolled out until the 21st. Then the open beta will start up on the 25th and anyone can download it then.
Yeah my first achievement was like 10:30am of release day.... -_- I still have no code :/
Old 04-18-2016, 04:43 PM   #43
Blu-ray Prince

Jul 2007
Derry, or at least it feels like it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by supersix4 View Post
Yeah my first achievement was like 10:30am of release day.... -_- I still have no code :/
I didn't get it till Christmas, and I just got my code. Lol. I AM playing right now though.
Old 04-18-2016, 05:27 PM   #44
Blu-ray Archduke

Mar 2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gamma_Winstead View Post
I didn't get it till Christmas, and I just got my code. Lol. I AM playing right now though.
Mines sitting in my message box. I guess for the last hour. They must have sent them out in masse.

I shut it off its like 2 lol, saved myself 60 bucks

Last edited by supersix4; 04-18-2016 at 06:09 PM.
Old 04-18-2016, 07:24 PM   #45
Power Member

Nov 2007
Kentucky

I played Gears of War ultimate edition the first minute it bacame available. I still dont have a beta code. I am not surprised tho. Xbox has been nothing but a let down this gen. I think I might sell my Xbone.
Old 04-18-2016, 08:39 PM   #46
Blu-ray Prince

Jul 2007

Quote:
Mines sitting in my message box. I guess for the last hour. They must have sent them out in masse.

I shut it off its like 2 lol, saved myself 60 bucks
What do you mean?
Old 04-18-2016, 08:43 PM   #47
Blu-ray Guru

Apr 2008
Texas. Muggy & Hot 24/7/365

Quote:
Originally Posted by tru_to_blu View Post
I played Gears of War ultimate edition the first minute it bacame available. I still dont have a beta code. I am not surprised tho. Xbox has been nothing but a let down this gen. I think I might sell my Xbone.
They've made it clear that the codes are going out in waves. Not guaranteed to get it today
Old 04-18-2016, 09:15 PM   #48
Blu-ray Archduke

Mar 2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gamma_Winstead View Post
What do you mean?
It's basically gears of war 2 with a few of the characteristics of 3 in it lol... The bouncing but never touching a wall, the amount of hard aiming you need to do, the way they tried to add the weighted feel too it.

Even the sensitivities are different vs 30,30,30 of 3 and ultimate.

If someone in here is a gears 2 fan they'll be really happy lol
Old 04-18-2016, 09:28 PM   #49
Power Member

Nov 2007
Kentucky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt S View Post
They've made it clear that the codes are going out in waves. Not guaranteed to get it today
Go look at the Gears of War forums. The beta tokens should have went to players who played Ultimate Edition first. Go look at the Faq that Xbox just tweeted. The codes where meant to be sent to the players that played Ultimate Edition first. Most day one players are furious because they didn't receive their code. The marketing for Gears of War ultimate edition stated players will get early access to the beta. The first batch of tokens should've went to the hardcore fans who spent their money and supported the game on launch day. Xbox once again screwed the beta code distribution by given it to players who played the game months after the game had launched. It's not fair to the true fans of the series to wait while less passionate fans get to play before them.
Old 04-18-2016, 09:49 PM   #50
Blu-ray Knight

Apr 2008
Kentucky

The game is very rough around the edges. It's more of an alpha and not a beta. Most betas, like the Gears 3 one, is a demo. The Coalition really needs people to provide feedback about what they like and don't like about the game and not just play it.

I'm sure they will release a real beta in the late summer that is more like the finished product.
Old 04-18-2016, 10:13 PM   #51
Blu-ray Prince

Jul 2007

Quote:
It's basically gears of war 2 with a few of the characteristics of 3 in it lol... The bouncing but never touching a wall, the amount of hard aiming you need to do, the way they tried to add the weighted feel too it.

Even the sensitivities are different vs 30,30,30 of 3 and ultimate.

If someone in here is a gears 2 fan they'll be really happy lol
Honestly, I was playing UE all day before starting the beta. Plays exactly the same to me.

I've had a few hit detection issues, but mostly the biggest problems are the Bots! They're WAY OP! Had one go on a six kill streak before a player joined and replaces him. They can just chainsaw you even if you're shot gunning them. It's crazy.
Old 04-20-2016, 04:38 AM   #52
Power Member

Nov 2007
Kentucky

I like the beta alot. The maps aint to bad.I think the movement is great and the guns seem balanced. I am a level 14. I think the final game will be great. I was wrong about the maps. I am happy Gears of War is back.
Old 04-20-2016, 02:46 PM   #53
Blu-ray Archduke

Mar 2007

Quote:
The game is very rough around the edges. It's more of an alpha and not a beta. Most betas, like the Gears 3 one, is a demo. The Coalition really needs people to provide feedback about what they like and don't like about the game and not just play it.

I'm sure they will release a real beta in the late summer that is more like the finished product.

That's the only saving grace kinda like the retro lancer in the gears 3 beta where you could kill 3-4 people strafeing if your aim was good enough and they tightened that and the sawed off up. Hopefully lots of the gears2ness gets taken out.
Old 04-20-2016, 04:38 PM   #54
Blu-ray Knight

Apr 2008
Kentucky

Quote:
That's the only saving grace kinda like the retro lancer in the gears 3 beta where you could kill 3-4 people strafeing if your aim was good enough and they tightened that and the sawed off up. Hopefully lots of the gears2ness gets taken out.
Doubtful bud. The game will get polished rally good and the controls and hit box will get fixed and the weapons more balanced but the nade tagging and stuff from 2 will be in. I'm fine with them myself. The UE will be as close to 1 that we will ever get again. I've come to accept that, especially since the UE is newish. I downloaded it again, stopped playing about a week after it launched. I heard the updates have fixed a bunch of issues. Figuring I'd try it out after this beta is over to check for myself.

I'm also thinking about loading up 2 and finishing off Seriously 2.0 to get my 100%. Might even jump to 3 and finish it but unfortunately my account got bugged and reset so all my Onxy medals are gone. I would have to start from scratch.
Old 04-20-2016, 07:23 PM   #55
Blu-ray Archduke

Mar 2007

Quote:
Doubtful bud. The game will get polished rally good and the controls and hit box will get fixed and the weapons more balanced but the nade tagging and stuff from 2 will be in. I'm fine with them myself. The UE will be as close to 1 that we will ever get again. I've come to accept that, especially since the UE is newish. I downloaded it again, stopped playing about a week after it launched. I heard the updates have fixed a bunch of issues. Figuring I'd try it out after this beta is over to check for myself.

I'm also thinking about loading up 2 and finishing off Seriously 2.0 to get my 100%. Might even jump to 3 and finish it but unfortunately my account got bugged and reset so all my Onxy medals are gone. I would have to start from scratch.
Oh I don't mind nade tagging or mantle kicking, or even silly weapons... I just mind when you go to slide to a wall and you're 50 ft off of it and can disconnect from the slide, the way the shotgun handles [bullet spread looks ok when you shoot a wall], and the way they brought back the gears 2 weighted feel.
Old 04-20-2016, 08:11 PM   #56
Special Member

Jul 2012

I'm really enjoying this beta so far. The bounty cards and the CQC are nice additions.
Old 04-20-2016, 08:14 PM   #57
Power Member

Nov 2007
Kentucky

The one thing I hope they improve is the visuals. I am sure the game will look alot better at launch. I would also like to see some darker maps. I know the game is missing alot of the sounds and other small things but that stuff will be in the final game. I am happy with the beta so far but hope they dont mess with the gnasher because I think it is fine.
Old 04-20-2016, 08:43 PM   #58
Blu-ray Samurai

Dec 2007
the guy on the couch

Everyone I play with now has a code.... but I am still waiting. They need to rethink this kind of beta release. At this point I'm just getting kinda pissed... one way to really piss your fan base off I guess lol
Old 04-20-2016, 10:55 PM   #59
Blu-ray Archduke

Mar 2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by krazeyeyez View Post
Everyone I play with now has a code.... but I am still waiting. They need to rethink this kind of beta release. At this point I'm just getting kinda pissed... one way to really piss your fan base off I guess lol
Just go download 2 and play that you'll be a pro by the time the code comes lol
Old 04-23-2016, 08:57 PM   #60
Blu-ray Samurai

Dec 2007
the guy on the couch

Quote:
Just go download 2 and play that you'll be a pro by the time the code comes lol
Lol wish I had read this sooner.... gotta keep telling myself it's just a beta... its just a beta. Not very impressed at all.... feels very unnatural and klunky in the movement. Damage also seems out of hand... I got no complaints about my shots registering but on the other hand I seem to down quickly and get downed quickly out of the usual gib range. I like some cqc action and just wreck or getting wrecked was the feel I got from it the little I played last night.

Gonna get down again tonight.. need to hit level 20 and see if my opinion changes by then.
Thanks given by:
Dirk504 (04-23-2016)
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Gaming > Xbox > Xbox One