Best Xbox One Game Deals

Amazon Prime Day is Now Live »
Prime: How to Train Your Dragon: The … $11.99 (15 mins left)
Prime: Halloween $9.99 (35 mins left)
Prime: K-ON Complete Collection Premi… $135.30 (10 mins left)

Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Japan
Anthem (Xbox One)
$14.99

Lego Marvel Collection (Xbox One)
$19.99

Rage 2 (Xbox One)
$39.99

Watch Dogs: Legion (Xbox One)
$49.94
21 hrs ago
Dangerous Driving (Xbox One)
$19.99

Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Breakpoint (Xbox One)
$49.94

Fallout 76 (Xbox One)
$24.99

Metro Exodus (Xbox One)
$49.99

Kingdom Hearts III (Xbox One)
$19.99

Ace Combat 7: Skies Unknown (Xbox One)
$29.99

Call of Cthulhu (Xbox One)
$19.99

Warhammer: Chaosbane (Xbox One)
$29.99

What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Gaming > Xbox > Xbox One

Old 06-13-2016, 08:40 PM   #21
Blu-ray Ninja

Oct 2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by Travers400 View Post
Lets see what Sony come up with in 4 hours. It better be good Got my JD and coke and staying up all night Unless I fall asleep
I think Sony said they're not announcing the new hardware at E3.
Old 06-13-2016, 08:42 PM   #22
Gaming Moderator

Dec 2008
Wales

Quote:
Originally Posted by 42041 View Post
They said they weren't going to talk about the NEO, I still have my fingers crossed that the PS4K is actually different to the NEO and that we will see them with their own UHD console announcement.
Old 06-13-2016, 08:45 PM   #23

Jan 2010
London, England

Quote:
Originally Posted by 42041 View Post
Bugger I'm half my bottle of JD down already. I guess I started celebrating too early
Thanks given by:
Derb (06-13-2016)
Old 06-13-2016, 08:47 PM   #24
Blu-ray Baron

Sep 2008
Vancouver, B.C.

If anything, I'd like 4 things from Sony's NEO

A Cosmetic Console refresh.
A Real controller upgrade.
At least an internal 2TB HDD.
Full support for SATA III drives.
Old 06-13-2016, 08:48 PM   #25
Blu-ray Baron

Jun 2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by LIONSFAN20 View Post
Just to put it out there, I am a Sony fan boy. I love Sony, but just because they made money on the PS4, doesn't mean the company is as successful.
Different divisions and the overall company has posted a profit. at this point well have to see what is what. I am sure that they will come up with some quick slides explaining Neo or whatever Sony is working on that will be true 4K. Then again maybe the rumors are true and well hear nothing until TGS
Old 06-13-2016, 08:49 PM   #26
Blu-ray Baron

Jun 2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mavrick View Post
They said they weren't going to talk about the NEO, I still have my fingers crossed that the PS4K is actually different to the NEO and that we will see them with their own UHD console announcement.
No what they said was Neo would not be shown at E3, they never said there wouldnt be slides, technically Scorpio wasnt shown just what they want it to do was.
Old 06-13-2016, 10:12 PM   #27

Dec 2009

I'm happy that they confirmed it finally. I'll be getting this when it comes out as well. I'm a console person. Never been a PC person and could care less for the Sony systems.

Microsoft Announces Project Scorpio Console
New console will deliver true 4K gaming with six teraflops of performance.

Quote:
Today at Microsoft’s E3 2016 press conference, the company confirmed the existence of a new console. Named Project Scorpio, the announcement confirms rumors we’ve been reading for the past few months. Set to release in 2017, the new system will feature 8 cores, 320Gb memory bandwidth, and six teraflops of performance that will allow for true fully uncompressed 4K gaming. This suggests it will not simply be upscaled 2160p.

Microsoft also unveiled that Project Scorpio would be backwards compatible with both the Xbox One and Xbox One S, and you’ll be able to use the same peripherals and controllers with the console as well.

The 4K news is surprising, since the resolution is extremely graphically demanding on hardware and is four times as sharp as 1080p. For reference, leading $400 PC graphics cards still struggle with 2160p. To dissuade disbelief, however, one developer in the promo video stated, “They’re really going for it.”

In addition to the 4K announcement, Microsoft also stated that the console would also be capable of targeting 60fps performance as well and that it would deliver a “no-compromise” experience.

Microsoft also alluded to the fact that Project Scorpio would be used to power VR games as well, which makes sense because VR is so graphically demanding due to the fact that it requires a high resolution and fast, consistent frame rate. Bethesda's Todd Howard was in the promo video, and alluded to the idea that the VR version of Fallout 4 would be coming to the console. Considering the VR version of the game is currently only announced to support the HTC Vive virtual reality headset, this could potentially mean we'd see HTC Vive support for Project Scorpio.

No price was announced for Project Scorpio, but you can stay tuned to GameSpot for more E3 coverage as news develops.

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/mic.../1100-6440786/
Thanks given by:
Himmel (06-14-2016)
Old 06-14-2016, 12:23 AM   #28
Gaming Moderator

Dec 2008
Wales

MS have said that it's down to the developers if they want to release Scorpio exclusive titles. So not everything is going to be forward compatible if that;s the right term to use.
Old 06-14-2016, 12:30 AM   #29
Blu-ray Baron

Jul 2008
Champlin, MN

Damn this sounds awesome. Something I'm sure I'll pick up.
Old 06-14-2016, 12:52 AM   #30
Blu-ray Prince

May 2010
NYC

I like the new hardware we're getting, but the games area has been a complete black hole for me Only title I'm looking forward to is Mass Effect: Andromeda and that is a long time to go.
Old 06-14-2016, 01:08 AM   #31
Blu-ray Knight

Dec 2007

I'll pass on the slim Xbone and wait for this.

For some reason in my head I keep hearing "Project Scorpio" being sung in the same manner as the title of VH1's "Pop-up Video."
Old 06-14-2016, 01:21 AM   #32
Blu-ray Knight

Apr 2008
Kentucky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dynamo of Eternia View Post
I'll pass on the slim Xbone and wait for this.

For some reason in my head I keep hearing "Project Scorpio" being sung in the same manner as the title of VH1's "Pop-up Video."
Only one thing comes to mind when I hear Scorpio.

Old 06-14-2016, 02:02 AM   #33
Blu-ray Ninja

Feb 2008
Arkham Asylum

I was pretty surprised they actually came out at the end of E3 to discuss their next-generation plans, at the same time they introduce the XBOX One Slim. Scorpio is set to be released in November 2017, basically 1 1/2 years from now. I can't really imagine any current XBOX One owners jumping to the XBOX One Slim now that they announced the Scorpio console for a late 2017 release. I would have thought it would have been a better idea to formally announce it either very late this year or early next year. I would not be surprised if sales on the XBOX One Slim aren't impacted by this. My guess is many who buy the XBOX One Slim will be new adopters to Microsoft's console or those who don't know about a newer console off on the horizon.
Old 06-14-2016, 02:31 AM   #34
Gaming Moderator

Dec 2008
Wales

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kinsella5 View Post
I was pretty surprised they actually came out at the end of E3 to discuss their next-generation plans, at the same time they introduce the XBOX One Slim. Scorpio is set to be released in November 2017, basically 1 1/2 years from now. I can't really imagine any current XBOX One owners jumping to the XBOX One Slim now that they announced the Scorpio console for a late 2017 release. I would have thought it would have been a better idea to formally announce it either very late this year or early next year. I would not be surprised if sales on the XBOX One Slim aren't impacted by this. My guess is many who buy the XBOX One Slim will be new adopters to Microsoft's console or those who don't know about a newer console off on the horizon.
Or people that want to buy the cheapest UHD Blu-ray player on the market.
Old 06-14-2016, 02:34 AM   #35
Blu-ray Ninja

Feb 2008
Arkham Asylum

Quote:
Or people that want to buy the cheapest UHD Blu-ray player on the market.
Yes that is true too, I failed to realize that. For those who just want it for a standalone 4K Ultra HD player the price point does seem quite attractive, and then maybe they may start gaming too. Not quite understanding the "white" color though, but that's just me, white as an option would work but I think black would have been more ideal.
Old 06-14-2016, 02:39 AM   #36
Gaming Moderator

Dec 2008
Wales

Quote:
Yes that is true too, I failed to realize that. For those who just want it for a standalone 4K Ultra HD player the price point does seem quite attractive, and then maybe they may start gaming too. Not quite understanding the "white" color though, but that's just me, white as an option would work but I think black would have been more ideal.
Yeah, white was an odd choice, can't really think of many home entertainment products that are white these days.
Old 06-14-2016, 02:40 AM   #37
Blu-ray Ninja

Feb 2008
Arkham Asylum

Quote:
Yeah, white was an odd choice, can't really think of many home entertainment products that are white these days.
Perhaps maybe just the limited edition launch 2TB one will be white to make it feel more like a "limited edition" and the more common 500GB and 1TB versions will be black in color. I will admit I do like that slim design and no need for the massive power supply brick.
Old 06-14-2016, 05:07 AM   #38
Blu-ray Champion

Jul 2011
SoCal, CA

Even with this announced I'll still pick up the Xbox One S. I'll probably trade in my current XB1 towards it.

Seeing how they are touting true 4K gaming with the Scorpio I'm weary of the starting price for that thing. I can't see it being cheaper than $450. I'll probably wait a year or two on the Scorpio...unless we're getting a new console generation by that point.
Old 06-14-2016, 05:09 AM   #39
Blu-ray Ninja

Feb 2008
Arkham Asylum

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edword View Post
Even with this announced I'll still pick up the Xbox One S. I'll probably trade in my current XB1 towards it.

Seeing how they are touting true 4K gaming with the Scorpio I'm weary of the starting price for that thing. I can't see it being cheaper than $450. I'll probably wait a year or two on the Scorpio...unless we're getting a new console generation by that point.
You probably would get more by selling your XBOX One on your local Craigslist than trading it in. The Scorpio sounds like it IS the next generation console, when it comes out, four years will have passed since the XBOX One came out, so I can't imagine MS releasing a different next gen console in 2018.
Old 06-14-2016, 08:08 AM   #40
Blu-ray Champion

Jul 2011
SoCal, CA

Quote:
You probably would get more by selling your XBOX One on your local Craigslist than trading it in. The Scorpio sounds like it IS the next generation console, when it comes out, four years will have passed since the XBOX One came out, so I can't imagine MS releasing a different next gen console in 2018.
Yeah I noticed they were careful to not call or relate Project Scorpio to the Xbox One name.
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Gaming > Xbox > Xbox One